Stuff for ‘Canes Fans to Stress About this Summer

With only 77 days left until kickoff, some of you might find yourself care-free, not worried if taking a different route to work will mean that our WRs run the wrong route, not worried that wearing something different the night before game day will result in our QB being concussed the next afternoon. While others of you are so frantic for football season to start that you are grasping at any sort of information out there about the ‘Canes right now and blowing it way out of proportion and taking it to have some huge dire consequence for the upcoming season.  No offense, but most people who read sports blogs fall into the latter category.

Do I want you to worry?  No.  This blog on things to worry about is actually supposed to have the opposite intent:  to show you, the superfan, how ridiculous your thoughts are.  So, think if the following stressors apply to you, and if they do, it’s time to gain a little perspective.  Here we go . . .

(1) Our Secondary Sucks

I hear this one a lot from fans, on and off the blog.  It usually involves a prolonged whine about how Brandon Harris was our entire secondary.  Really? I thought he was just a CB.  Do you remember that guy from Sanford, FL who knocked the living [censored] out of Demarco Murray during the ’09 Chokelahoma game?  His name is Ray Ray Armstrong and he’s um, good.  Is he as good as the number 26 warrants?  Time will tell.  He’s entering his junior year, people, and he has a coach who [ostensibly] doesn’t play favorites or bench people for not doing things EXACTLY how they were coached.  Give the guy a chance.   There’s also that guy who gets comparisons to the best safety ever, Ed Reed.  His name is Vaughn Telemaque and while I’ve been more impressed with his interviews with Joe Rose than his play on the field, the boy does have talent.  Let’s wait and see what happens.

So, those are our safeties.  Let’s get to CB.

Or not.  This article is supposed to calm you down.  Maybe we should wait and see who does well in August practices before we jump off a bridge about that.

(2) Oh My God I Will Shoot Myself if Jacory Harris Throws One More Interception

My boy bg1906 will have an article addressing Jacory Harris in the near future, so I’m going to keep this simple.  The last time Jacory Harris played was in the bowl game and his performance was nothing short of comical and/or sad.  What happened to this kid?!?!  Where is the kid who saved the day against UVA and Duke in ’08?  Where is the kid who got knocked the [censored] down by Greg Reid at Choke at Doak ’09 and still won the game?  Who is this loser?  Well, we can all speculate as to what happened.  We can blame Randy Shannon and/or Mark Whipple, we can blame the offensive line (not rationally in ’10 but whatever), or we can blame Jacory himself.  But all of that is subject to opinion and in the past.  What we do know is that Golden is giving Jacory a chance, Jacory is gaining weight, and that whomever does play QB will have an awesome offensive line protecting him.  So, again, let’s wait and see what happens.  Whomever starts come September 5, I am confident that coach Golden will not stand for an interception machine and that anyone resembling one will be riding the pine so fast his Raiders overalls will spin. Tweet that.

(3) Leftovers

I’m not talking about buffalo chicken dip left to munch on after the game.  I’m talking about the ones who got away.  Every team has them.  Off-season transfers.  Especially with a new coaching regime.  People like to take these instances and make wild predictions, both optimistic and pessimistic, about what they mean.  Storm Johnson’s father will have you believe Golden was running a military dictatorship, meanwhile Storm is now headed to a program where much worse has gone on than being told to lay off the ganja and take your head out of your [censored].  I implore you, Hurricane faithful, to have faith.  All we know is that people are leaving right now.  Are we cutting fat or um, muscle?  Good question.  But something tells me Coach Golden and staff know more about these players and coaching football than YOU do (no really, that’s why you are an attorney and Golden doesn’t call your drunk [censored] down on the sidelines on fourth down and ask your opinion on whether they should go for it) so lighten up and believe in this guy until he gives you a reason not to.

(4) My Miami Coaches Polo Was Responsible for the FSWho Loss

If you aren’t superstitious, you haven’t been rooting for the ‘Canes in the last 5-6 years.  I remember going to ‘Canes games in undergrad and law school (’99-’06) being worried more about who I was going to see or how good my hair would look in 1001% humidity because I knew the ‘Canes would play well.  What do I worry about now?  Has this dress ever seen a catastrophic loss?  What about these shoes?  This handbag?  This tailgate dish?  And most importantly, is there enough liquor in the stadium to sedate me if the starting QB starts playing for the other team?  And, if so, is Patron lucky or is Smirnoff?  And is it luckier if I buy it for all my friends and tip well?  I think it is.  Another round, please!

The truth is, there is only so much we can control.  It doesn’t matter if we serve the EXACT same dishes at our tailgate that brought us the Chokelahoma win in ’09.  Nor the same outfit.  Our ‘Canes can stink up the stadium no matter what we do.  Case in point was my tailgate strike following the FSWho game this year.  I’m not entirely sure of the details of that evening thanks to my partial lobotomy, but it was bad enough that I decided that I wasn’t cooking for the next game: UNC.  I bought some Bubba Burgers and sausage, threw it on the grill and called it a [cringe] tailgate.  I’m not proud of that.  But that experience showed me that I truly have no control over how the ‘Canes play.  Or maybe the ‘Canes were trying to tell me to keep up the extravagant tailgates and they wouldn’t disappoint me next time.

Either way, I only know one way to be a fan:  alllllll the way.  As intense as south Florida humidity in August, as bad as drivers on I-95, as ugly as Floriduh croc fans.  So despite all this rational thinking, my new game day dresses and handbag are purchased, my tailgate menus are planned out, and I will wear my Mike James jersey to bed the night before and go to church as much as I can during August to pray for my ‘Canes to succeed.  That is how I handle my summer stress about what the season ahead has in store for ‘Canes faithful.  I urge you to do whatever you can to not freak out about every little bit of info released and keep some perspective.

. . . and in the meantime, gentleman, please burn the aforementioned Miami Coaches Polo and go to allCanes and get a new one.  I will not have you ruining another season, thanks.

GO ‘CANES!

BoriCane says:

Great write up JSQ!! Exactly the topics we should be discussing during the “dead period”!!!

2. G0 Canes!

So do I burn all three colors or just the one I wore at the criminoles game?

4. Nice to wake up to a little chuckle!

Nice Job JSQ.

SailorCane says:

I believe next seasons outcome will depend on the play at QB

If the QB’s ball we win!

2 games that concern me; FSU and VaTech which are good teams but each of these teams will be starting young QB’s and both games are away games

OSU too bad so sad, this teams game day value has dropped like the demand for sweaters and MCI stock

UNC could be a struggle but with the recent NCAA issues they will be off focus

We will crush USF as retaliation for end of season loss from last year

BC usually comes on strong late in season but we have them at home and we should dispose of them in second half of game

KState, Beth Cook, Ga Tech, Va, & Duke which all will realize it is still hot as balls in So Fl in November will suffer the fate of These Miami Hurricanes and depart losers with a side of batwinging!

If we get by FSU and VaTech 12-0

If we have to drop one of these game I prefer the FSU (yep I said it) VaTech is in our division and I would rather beat them with a possible re-match against FSU in AC Championship game.

Go Canes!

6. very fun, jsq . . . well done

7. I agree with you Sailor. I do have a concern about Va. Only because we play GT on Saturday and come back and play again on Thursday night.

Va. Also plays the previous Saturday. Just a funny situation to play so soon.

Then there is the revenge factor we should have.

Secondary Does Suck…I watched Ray, Ray play in high school and thought he had so much promise. I then learned of his work ethic and wow what a disappointment and add to that his best friend Dyron Dye and add to that his friend DeBose. HE WILL NEVER EVER BE ST….remember ST had some issues but the kid worked his but off. Remember in his off time he would run to help with his football stamina?

And ya’ll better start worrying about the Maryland game….suspensions will be an issue. I really have a very bad feeling about this game.

We will most likely lose to FSU and VT. Sorry guys FSU has it and this makes me just miserable and almost makes me not want football season to start. The crap I am going to have to listen to……maybe I will take a flight to Oregon that weekend to avoid my FSU friends.

Now I do believe after some of the lazy canes leave like in 2012, canes may have a chance to make it to the ACC championship.

I used to be superstitious as heck, in fact I spent lots of tight games in the bathroom because my family swore it was better luck for the canes……..well no more these kids put those jerseys and pads on, they run out on the field, hold hands and tell me they are a team…….Guys since the fans are tired and have tried every trick under the sun to make you win…………TRYING WINNING A GAME FOR THE FANS!!!!!!

9. Thanks everyone!

Nice first, Bori!

Jello shots for you!!! 😀

10. Anything worn at the criminoles game should be burned.

I wore that same dress to FSWho and OSWho so obviously that dress, BCBG or not, deserves to be lit on fire.

11. Where is that buckeye when you need him?!?!

12. I see we have already lost to FSWho.

Darn.

Maybe I should cancel that hotel for 11/12 since our destiny is already a foregone conclusion and we know that college football is totally predictable, especially with a rivalry game.

Uh huh.

13. ACC sucks dyk plus there are a bunch of 1st year starting QB’s in the mix

Plenty of talent and non lazy bodies to compete for an ACC championship so that is what I expect this season.

Anything more is a bonus. Anything less a disappointment.

Be in the ACC hunt till the end and play tough, disciplined, passion filled football and I am a happy camper.

14. Canez1, I sent that picture to you in confidence, you weren’t supposed to make it your avatar!!!!

Huff!

CapeCoralCane says:

Quote from Osi Umenyiora of the Giants who has been working out at UM.

In addition to his improved health, Umenyiora believes training at the University of Miami with a bunch of former Hurricanes will have him in the best shape of his career.
    “Those guys are crazy,” he said with a laugh. “Running in the sand pit, lifting, it was a lot. When somebody tells you they’re in Miami working out at UM, understand they’re getting it in. I train hard in Atlanta, but this is tough, this is very difficult.”

16. C1, I’m going to guess Brazilian?

17. I’m Swedish/English/German/Irish, Delray. Not even close.

SailorCane says:

Didnt say we lose to FSU

19. JSQ my bad!!! :)

Delray LOL def Brazilian booty.

20. Sailor, my comment wasn’t addressed to you my dear!

21. I’ve only known one Brazilian woman.

She was my client at Women in Distress. I got her and her rug rats residency.

A$$ was flat as a pancake.

Just sayin’ . . .

22. Canez1 says:
    June 20, 2011 at 10:11 AM

And when we normally play like this, we win the whole damyum thing irregardless. The main thing i’m looking for us to get back to is that old style UM defense, i can honestly care less about the offense, because in the past, while we did have great attacking style offenses, it was our defenses that almost always set the tone and started knockign and busting heads around until the offense decided it wanted to chip in. The good news is, with storm johnson gone, that’s good for maurice hagens, now we won’t have to hear storm complaining after hagens starts getting touches too.

cc, i’m with you as far as the SEAN TAYLOR & ray ray comparison, that ends after the # on the jersey. SEAN TAYLOR was one of those safties where it was nne before HIM and maybe none after HIM either. That combination of size, speed, and football instincts, i’ve never seen it in no league at the safety spot. As far as ray ray goes, he’s done well for himself thus far, but this, him going into his 3rd year, i’m expecting a whole lot more out of him and telemaque, no excuses for either of them not to be mentioned on the who’s who list. We got alot of experience on this team in all the key spots now, qb, o-line(with the exception of the tackle spots) d-line, safety and linebackers(with the exception of one spot). receivers, nothing but experience in that group as well, so it’s now or never.

Had brandon harris come back(somebody must of led him to believe he was a 1st round pick) like he more than likely should’ve, we really would’ve been real decent. As long as our d-line start dominating there 1 on 1 blocks, we’ll be straight.

CapeCoralCane says:

Hitler reacts to Tressels resignation….

24. Calvin, you think ST #26 is that much better than 2-0 E Reed?

25. I’m amused at how y’all are writing Ray Ray off!

Reminds me of how Sean Taylor was all-world his freshman and sophomore year . . .

OH WAIT, HE WASN’T!

Hmmmm . . .

26. How about that Ed Reed, he really lit things up in 97-98, right?

Ummmmmmm . . .

27. My point is, and THE ARTICLE ABOVE’s point (one of them, anyway) is:

Before you dismiss these kids as one thing or another, let’s see how things play out. If we judged 90% of our past ‘Canes on their freshman and sophomore years they wouldn’t have been ish.

Have some faith!

Except you, Canechic, we know faith, hope, and optimism are too much to ask unless there is a suckeye around! 😉

28. JSQ says:
    June 20, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    I’m amused at how y’all are writing Ray Ray off!

OH WAIT, HE WASN’T!

Hmmmm . . .
    //////////////////////////////////

To be clear, i’m just writing ray ray off as being the next SEAN TAYLOR! Reminds me of when people use to say, oh, he’s the next “air jordan” lol. I’m just looking for the best ray ray, i can already see his strengths, he has real good football instincts, he’ll never have SEAN TAYLOR speed though, so it’s not fair to compare ray ray to SEAN TAYLOR! As far as football goes, ray ray at his full potential to me is more like a bennie blades type, he’ll be decent back there, i don’t expect him to be the best safety to come thru here, tht’s going to be a tall order, but jsq, you do stand corrected, SEAN TAYLOR was all world his sophmore year, remember, he left after his junior year, he was a sophmore in the fiesta bowl!

29. Meh, I think he was GOOD his sophomore year, but he was all-world his junior year, the year of the FSWho mud game.

30. And when Ray Ray asked for that number, he asked for the ST#26 comparisons. It’s not fair to make comparisons but it is what it is.

31. I remember the Fiesta Bowl, Calvin, and I remember our boy ST#26 was STRIPPED of the INT by Maurice Claurett.

Which is funny, because I thought only guys from croc-country let the ball get stripped from them in a national championship game . . .

There is absolutely no game I would rather be wrong about JSQ than that FSU game. I was wearing my old school Ibis black t-shirt yesterday and went to our local Publix (not my usual one) and I got so many dirty looks from gator and fsu fans. I look them right in the eye, and think “you got a problem b!tch?”. OH man I would love to look them in the eye and say “we whooped your team’s @ss”!

I really hope Ray Ray and Vaughn step it up because they are both very talented just that damn mental thing. Those boys from Seminole were so highly touted and all three have been a let down. Ray Ray won’t be a Sean Taylor and it is unfair that we compare him to ST. Calvin is right the raw talent, along with his size and speed, made him a super star.

Ed Reed is my hero!!! So cute, you know he has that cheesy Eddie Murphy smile.

Losing to OSU is just not an option, if you guys are reading this NOT AN OPTION.

Canez 1 just finished running 6.36 miles (had to run/walk the last two), I was thinking about the new QB’s in the ACC and FSU has a new one too right? I really do my best thinking while running.

33. CC LOL!!!

Ya there are a few new starters ex. FSU, BC, Gatech, NC and Vtech and that always equates to 3-4 losses atleast.

Great opportunity this year to do some damage in a down ACC

34. Fsu’s “new” QB has a lot of game experience.. Two bowl wins under his belt.

How bout our qb’s??

35. EJ Manuel already saw action after Ponder went out in ’09 because of the injury from the Clemson/FSWho game.

36. What Bennie said.

37. Big difference between “game experience” and starting a whole season.

Not hyping our situation up at all at this point.

Just pointing out flaws in others.

38. I’m thinking FSU is going to use an offense similar to florida’s recent offenses soon.. Especially with a QB the size of Manuel. He has accuracy issues with his arm strength.

Oh lord and I was seeing some hope! Their kicker is crazy good…ugh, sigh, ugh!

Ok well maybe all JSQ’s praying will bring some sort of divine intervention. These FSU fans are horrible and that one I sat next to at the game last year……ugh, ugh, ugh! Really glad the baseball team did not make it to the CWS!

40. Dustin Hopkins can bang out some insane field goals but miss very very simple ones and PAT’s..

FSU will be in for a little surprise if they think that the same deadbeat team that took the field last year is who they are going to see this year.

Just sayin’.

Bring on the orange & green shots to go with my glasses! 😉

42. Funny that with all the moaning about Ray Ray he just makes All ACC and gets nominated for All America teams and is projected as a first day pick. Yeah he’s not ST26 but he’s OBVIOUSLY doing SOMETHING good back there! Lighten up people!

43. KLCaneFan
    June 20, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This right here.

Take away the zombie persona and undisciplined, cuntified nonsense of the past and that is good for atleast a few more W’s.

Keep your heads up!!

44. Everyone should do themselves a favor and not compare ANYONE to our all time greats.

They are “all time” for a reason.

Cut that ish out or you will be disappointed every time!

That being said I like Ray Ray and am looking forward to seeing the young man grow on the field.

First two years of your career you are thinking WAY TOO MUCH out there and look slow no matter what you are doing.

Largest jump in performance comes Jr year. Everything slows down and becomes instinctual.

We shall see.

45. I forgot to put our kicker woes in this article.

We are totally screwed.

Might want to cancel your season tickets.

Sky. Is. Falling.

46. What bg said.

By the way, if you want to compare sophomore seasons, ST and Ray Ray are about the same. Like Canez1, said, junior year is where the jump is made.

That being said, it’s totally unfair and unrealistic to compare ST and Ray Ray but it is bound to happen when you ask for the legend’s number and put all this stuff up on Facebook about how you are going to follow in his footsteps.

My point in the article, and here, was that he still has a chance to be a legend in his own right.

VT as well.

47. Hernando, the popcicles are not tailgate friendly.

At least not in Miami.

48. To clarify, obviously Ray Ray didn’t make plays in a NC game this year, but can you say it was ST who got us to the Fiesta Bowl?! I love that guy, may he RIP, but no. Sean Taylor joined the best team to ever play college football.

Ray Ray joined one of the worst.

Just sayin.

Give the dude a chance with a coach who isn’t crazy enough to bench him for JoJo Nichols just because he went on instinct instead of what Randy said to do.

bg I hope Ray Ray does better, like I said I watched him in high school and he really was crazy good. But he has that “taking plays off attitude” which really gets under my skin. Dyron really upsets me….he is so physical, he is huge and yet from what I hear mentally weak.

SailorCane says:

“cuntified” is this actually a word?

I like it though!!

I am gonna use it when we take KLjr back up to trailerhassie!

51. Canechic, I’m not sure if we are talking about the same people. I think the plays Ray Ray took off were the ones where Randy made him sit on the bench.

And I’m sorry if Dyron Dye cut in front of Nicole in the tator tot line at Mahoney’s cafeteria, but I don’t think you, she, or anyone else can make the conclusion that he is mentally weak from that experience.

52. Yes, Sailor, I think his friends at the local Danbury, CT tanning salon taught him that word.

Wow JSQ I forgot you live here in Seminole County. I think I am done. Reality is something you don’t handle well I see.

54. JSQ says:
    June 20, 2011 at 11:31 AM

//////////////////////////////////

You sleeping on SEAN TAYLOR if all you remember for the most part is the fsu game. Also, you can’t compare that strip that #36 had to the strip that #26 had, not even close. #36 got tracked down after having at least a 5 yard lead, than with one swipe, the ball was gone plus teague returned it for some yards. SEAN TAYLOR 1st, kept osu outta of the endzone with his pick, next, SEAN had just ran thru about 8 guys and than was jumping over another guy, when clarret took advantage of that jump and than he grabbed hold of the ball, had he had 1 more block, he would’ve been out. So now, if SEAN TAYLOR doesn’t make that great interception, osu scores a touchdown and goes up by 14 and not 10. Which more than likely meant no overtime/pass interference to debate about.

So irregardless of what happened on that play, osu was already in fieldgoal position before the interception, it made them kick a longer fieldgoal and kept the team in striking distance, unlike your gaytorville buddy, his play was one of the most demoralizing plays i’ve ever seen in football history, his mofo azz got punked, 1st off, and interception is not a gauranteed play, so for TAYLOR to get not 1 but 2 picks(in HIS sophmore seasaon) on the biggest stage in college football, i’m not sure how much more all world you can get.

55. Canechic,

I’m handing out jokes for free. Take one.

JSQ you can insult me all you want but do not insult Nicole, that really was not called for. I think I need a huge break from here and I think you need a break from me. Enjoy the season.

57. How did I insult you or Nicole? Are you serious?!

If anything, you insulted me, but I am not going to take someone calling my sense of reality into question an insult.

Much much worse has been said to me by ‘Canes bloggers.

My sense of reality, and the point of this article, is to not take things we hear in the off-season so seriously.

Perhaps I should have also included tator tot jokes in that bunch, but I thought it would be presumed.

I wish you well, Canechic, and you are always welcome here, but you need to lighten up! :-)

58. I love tator tots.

I would be really pi$$ed if someone cut in front of me to get them.

Thuggery.

SailorCane says:

Welcome to The Dayz of Our Blogs!

I like Waffles!

SailorCane says:

Napolean Dynomite is flashing in my head right now!

Why did you have to mention tator tots!!

Why couldnt have been tator salad?

I like Ron White much better!!!

62. MMMMMMM Tater Tits.

63. Perhaps I should stop making jokes so as to not offend anyone.

God knows this was the first day I made any.

I never have joked around on the blog and my articles are always totally serious and call our opponents schools and teams the correct name.

Canez1’s math deficiences are not a laughing matter, nor his penchant for tanning beds. CT is cold!

Canechic’s predictions of doom and gloom are 100% rational and based on observable and verifiable facts.

Who else have I teased?

64. tOts, Canez1.

One track mind, that dude.

SailorCane says:

Well now that you’re asking; there was this time that, hold on wait a minute, that was my wife!

Sorry

CapeCoralCane says:

Messing with someones tots is the worst form of thuggery…….

CapeCoralCane says:

That clip was for you Sailor…

SailorCane says:

Tease, joke all you want, all I can say is be ready for it when it comes back!!

It’s all good fun!

Where is that bytch Old Fart Truth at anyways?

Probably cleaning the dust bunnies out of his tightie whities!!

When it comes to tots I’m totally fine with handing them over. Greasy little potato sacks.

Ugh.

Nooooooo Cape, Nooooooo!

71. CC I think you took the tater tot comment the wrong way.

I think there really are tater tots served there.

Just my two cents.

JSQ will insult me at the drop of a hat but doesn’t do that to others.

Lucky me :)

72. Let’s not fight you all. Enough of that stuff. We just have disagreements. Its not personal. Look at me and Calvin. We don’t fight anymore. I respect his opinion and he respects mine. We not agree, but we have RESPECT for the other persons opinion because its THEIR OPINION. As long as he doesn’t call me a Gayturd Fan again we straight! :-p

73. KL.

Truth is fine. We communicate periodically. I’ll tell him you asked about him.

bg, that was Sailor asking.

Haha!

75. No one is fighting, bg.

As usual, Canechic is taking a comment that is in NO WAY PERSONAL and thinking I am attacking her.

It’s a freaking joke about tator tots.

LIGHTEN UP!

It’s as if she has never met me, my mother, been to my tailgates, and spent years with me on a blog.

I JOKE AROUND!

For the love . . .

76. Yes, Canez1, Mahoney’s tator tots are the bomb.

Btw, I received no delivery of the orange and white today.

I bet it was due to a math error on your part.

$56×2 does not = $102

Just a pretty face.

SailorCane says:

Mahoney sucks, Pearson Rules!!

78. MATHLETE!

HILARIOUS!

79. Screw ’em all…

I go GANGSTA

ORE IDA SEA-SONED TOTS!

HA!

80. Pearson PROJECTS! <<<<<< Mahoney Mansions!

81. See, my jokes are funny!

Canez1 = mathlete = funny!

Tator tot theft as thuggery = funny!

Huff!

😉

82. You know what’s not funny?

Someone sending you an e-mail with a list of things to improve about yourself.

Or going around to your mutual friends and calling you things that sound like runt snore.

I’ll leave that up to other ‘Canes bloggers. I’m fine with my jokes, thanks.

83. bg, I like my Ore-ida tots in Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce.

SOOOOOOO GOOOD!!!

SailorCane says:

OK, since Mahoney/Pearson are mirror images of each other, I think projects is a little harsh!

As a matter of fact I am offended!

Screw you guys I am going home!

Stupid feelings!

SailorCane says:

I aint eatin nuttin with baby Rays sauce on it, maybe C1 will but me, not so!

86. It’s also good with that mustard BBQ sauce that Money brought to the Champs tailgate. Cattlemans?

I shed a tear the day I finished that stuff. Can’t find it anywhere!

C1; was Ryan the midget?

88. Lol Sailor, I was waiting for that!

I’m so offensive!

I wonder what would happen if I treated people like I was at TOS or by other people that have blogged on here if a joke about tator tots causes this much uproar!

89. I’m all set with man sauce.

BG don’t encourage her!!

90. That’s Ms. JSQ if you’re nasty!

91. Sailor, my mouth is watering.

I would put that ish on everything.

I damn near made a Cattlemen’s cupcake!

jk 😉

SailorCane says:

I damn near made a Cattlemen’s cupcake!<—- would work if the cake part was pulled pork

93. I have a bacon cupcake with maple frosting but BBQ sauce just might be pushing it!

I will be putting out a new tailgate recipe in the pre-season: pulled pork enchiladas.

BBQ + Mexican = Good times!

It’s funny, the tailgate recipe features are some of our biggest hits over time. Buffalo chicken dip is always in our top 20 articles every month! lol!

Now I’M really offended, Sailor.

The PC term is “little person”.

What’s next? Using female anatomy as an insult?

Ryan was the one that looked like Alan from Hangover.

SailorCane says:

Crap, cant seem to type anything without offending someone!

Damn Lawyers!!

97. As Shakespeare wrote in King Henry VI:

The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers

98. But actually, read in context, that quote indicates that Shakespeare liked and respected lawyers because it is uttered by someone who is plotting to overthrow the government and establish a dictatorship and he recognizes that the one group of people that could be an enemy to despots and protect people and their property rights are attorneys.

ver-gyne-er

(that’s how they say it in turdtown)

100. lmao

it’s hard to enunciate properly with chewing tabackky in your mouth!

hooooooowwwweeeeeee

102. bg1906 says:
    June 20, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    ///////////////////////////////////

man did i really call lyou a gatytor, lol, oh hell naw.

103. Calvin.

Its all water under the bridge big homie! We straight my dude!

104. bg1906 says:
    June 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    Calvin.

Its all water under the bridge big homie! We straight my dude!

It’s all good dawg, that’s funny!

i’m with Calvin…Sean Taylor was all world his sophomore year. All Universe his JR year. For a safety to have 15 pass break ups and 4 picks while making a ton of tackles and scaring the hell out of opposing WRs AND TEs…that’s not just good.

and Ray Ray is the least of our problems. if he had speed he’d be killing it. still was pretty damn good. plus you got guys talking about him and JoJo being the leaders out there. Expecting a big year from him.

106. Brennan Carroll just tweeted. We have #16. Wonder who it is???

107. All he had was 4 picks?? What year?? Lol, seemed like more both years.

June 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    June 20, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    ///////////////////////////////////

man did i really call lyou a gatytor, lol, oh hell naw.

bg1906
    June 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    Calvin.

Its all water under the bridge big homie! We straight my dude!

June 20, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    June 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    Calvin.

Its all water under the bridge big homie! We straight my dude!

It’s all good dawg, that’s funny!

——-Yup u called him a undercover turd!!! LOL

109. WR D’Mauri Jones

110. What do you make of the new commit. It certainly looks like he has ball skills but his route running doesn’t look great.

111. Jelani Hamilton..

112. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    On his way.

Class is coming together.

Dudes better hop on asap if they want in.

113. Hamilton was a biiiiig catch..

114. lol, this is how it was when shannon was recruiting as well, the thing with shannon, most often times than not, the guys that committed often ended up staying until the end, let’s see how many actually committ. I like us picking up these wideouts as well, we’re going to need a few more, because once aldarius johnson leaves, we’re going to need someone to fill his shoes as quickly as possible. Also, after travis benjamin leaves, who’s going seems like we won’t have another blazer at wideout as it stands right now.

Brownsub says:

June 20, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Calvin, you think ST #26 is that much better than 2-0 E Reed?

ST was better at the U then Ed; Ed was better in the League IMO.

bg, what you think of the latest WR commit and how you think we close?

I see it being either Bracy or Lewis and then Diggs if he wants in.

117. shwarma.

I think Diggs can get in if he wants no matter what. These guys are big WRs (6’4) he and Carter. There are a ton of the smaller (5’10 – 5’11) type guys. I think Cooper, Waters, and Bracy can all both get in if they want (with Wathers as an ATH). After that only a guy like Diggs for WR but he’s also ATH because he plays both sides equally well.

118. Calvin.

Hamilton is a perfect SDE or 5 Technique in a 3-4. Love his athleticism. Don’t see him as a DT.

119. Brownsub says:
    June 20, 2011 at 11:13 PM
    June 20, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Calvin, you think ST #26 is that much better than 2-0 E Reed?

ST was better at the U then Ed; Ed was better in the League IMO.

Here’s what i know, ed reed was better at intercepting balls on a regular basis and flippin the field real quick by a little bit, SEAN TAYLOR was better at intimidating all offensive skill players no matter where they were. You could win with either of them at safety, just depends on who you prefered back there, imagine if ed reed and SEAN TAYLOR played safety together on the same team, lol. I can’t put one above the other!

120. Yeah bg, i like what i saw from hamilton, either way, having him on the d-line, can’t go wrong with that. I just want to see us get back to that old time UM style defense, where our defense was basically more athletic than most offenses!

I forgot aboout bracy and them, we need at least one or 2 burners on offense as well.

121. cc, don’t worry about fsu or no other team, everything you saw last year was based upon and around division, starting with the coaching staff. Having a bozo oc, a bozo not special teams coach, an o-line coach in stoutland that couldn’t hold art kehoe’s strap, people tend to forget it’s not just the coaching of art kehoe, it’s the mental aspect of the game that he brings to the table, the instant credibility and respect he has from his former players. You start talking about where are the leaders, he’s one of the guys that knows how to find them and help bring them out.

I luv hearing irvin tell the story about what art kehoe meant to him, irvin said he can remember and said he’ll never forget what kehoe told him in his early years at UM, he said kehoe told him “Michael, people just don’t know, it’s never happened before and it’ll probably never happen again, but for the 1st time, a wide receiver is going to be the leader of a football team, don’t let us down! irvin said when he heard that, he was going to kill himself working out and from that point on, he never looked back!

People wonder why those o-lines we had in the past and as of right now the best one ever assembled at UM thus far was the 2001 o-line were so cohesive and tight, who was at the center of that, kehoe. I luv hearing o-linemen talk about how kehoe is crazy, you didn’t hear about coach stoutland, no disrespect to him, but that dude didn’t have a national championship mentality, counting starts, lol, pathetic.

Calvins says:”because once aldarius johnson leaves, we’re going to need someone to fill his shoes as quickly as possible.”

—– bruh them shoes is already FILT!!! LOL…I’ll be surprised if aj is even on the team come august…lol

123. lol at the blogging last night!

canechic takes her ball and goes home . . . hopefully she comes back, but it sure brought out a burst of classics from jsq & sailorcane

and lol at bg & calvin throwing their arms around each other for the 10th time.

they had a long, brutal fight . . . and i guess the “kiss & make up” part will go on just as long

124. Allen Hurns is pretty much going to take any spot Aldarius may have thought his tubby ass had.

SailorCane says:

Someone to fill AJ’s shoes, damn we dont need any more bench warmers!

Based on what I am reading and hearing ie; football camps, community involvement, recruiting, Al Golden is the worst thing that could of happened to the rest of the nations recruiting ability in South Florida!

Be warned The State of Miami is in session and it is a Category 5!

126. I’ll assume Cal was kidding with that Aldarius reference…….

127. Hamilton is definitely big. Not just because of his ability/potential, but we have not been able to pull as many players out of St. Thomas as we would have liked. Need to strengthen that pipeline.

128. last year we lost 2 quarterbacks in august . . . did anyone else transfer?

you all still think a couple of our players will transfer this august?

lets hear the names and the betting odds.

129. autumn
    June 21, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    . . . did anyone else transfer?
    <<<<<<<<<<<

in august 2010 (i.e., at the last moment)

CapeCoralCane says:

Autum broke the blog………way to go :)

raizecane says:

I come back after taking a 7 day cruise, jump on here to see what’s happening with our Canes and all I am reading is stuff regarding tator tots???? WTF is going on??????? LOL

132. How was the cruise, Raize?

Yes, I implied that perhaps, just maybe, from Canechic’s limited experience with Dyron Dye via (as told to us by Canechic) Nicole’s interactions with the football players on campus (as related with a joke conveying my undying love for tator tots and how I would be upset at anyone interfering with my access to same) that maybe, just perhaps, it is unfair to label a player mentally weak.

I’m not sure how that was taken as an insult to Canechic and Nicole, whom I have welcomed with open arms to my tailgates, instead of a defense of Dyron, who I don’t know well but have spoken to a few times, but oh well.

I would never seriously insult any of you. I tease Canez1 out of love.

All I was trying to do was defend Dyron and give tator tots some props.

133. Autumn, we lost Fed Ex and Cook in August, 2009, not last year.

134. Nashvillecane
    June 21, 2011 at 4:42 AM

FILT…HA! Hilarious!

raizecane says:

JSQ – the cruise was great. Have never done a 7 day one but would recommend it to anyone. The Grand Caymans and swimming with the sting rays was awesome and is now my future place for retirement, lol. Mahagony Bay in Roatan Island was beautiful.

Belize is a hell hole so anyone going there needs to book an excursion (which we did) or stay on the ship. We walked a trail for about 40 minutes (I ate a termite along the way) and proceeded to do some cave tubing followed by a lunch that included unlimited rum punch….I got trashed.

And then of course we finished in Cozumel where I rented a jeep, layed by the beach and ate at Carlos and Charlies and finished up by buying some Cuban cigars and several bottles of Crown (wink wink). So yup, it was pretty awesome…..

Now I am peeling like a fricking onion.

136. JSQ
    June 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    Autumn, we lost Fed Ex and Cook in August, 2009, not last year.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I blame the lag on the time difference….

/-:

Raize whats the over/under for weight gained on that fat farm??

I am going with a gain of 3.5 lbs.

137. Maryland seating chart. Hopefully we are in visitors lower bowl.

138. JSQ
    June 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    Autumn, we lost Fed Ex and Cook in August, 2009, not last year.
    <<<<<<<<<<

damn, you're right

that means we lost no one else in august '09 and no one in august'10?

139. ^^^Last time me and Esteban went we were in Section 2. GREAT seats!

140. JSQ
    June 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

i think that's how we all understood it

. . . except, unfortunately, canechic . . . i assume she was not in a real playful mood last night

141. autumn
    June 21, 2011 at 8:37 AM

you all still think a couple of our players will transfer this august?

lets hear the names and the betting odds.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

i restate the question into a 2-parter:

1) who would you HOPE transfers?

2) who do you THINK has a 50% or greater chance of transfering?

142. Raize, that sounds awesome!!! What a great vacation! I’m glad you had such a good time!

I’m headed to Austin this weekend for 3 (okay, more like Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday morning) days of Mexican food and margaritas.

Can’t. Freaking. Wait!

143. Thanks, Autumn. I figured from all the response I received off the blog yesterday afternoon that everyone took it the same way as me but just in case anyone is confused, that sets the record straight.

Maybe if she comes back in a clearer frame of mind and re-reads things the message will become apparent to her.

One thing I’ve learned on this blog, if someone is determined to take a comment personally and make it an insult to them and/or their family, there is no logic or rational thinking that can stop them.

Oh well. Canechic is always welcome here and the real Canechic knows that.

144. I will certainly not serve her or Nicole my tator tot casserole at the next breakfast tailgate though as to not inadvertently offend.

If DAT and his friend hit the tailgate early that ish will be gone anyway! 😉

I’ve never seen a man so determined to get a recipe! lol 😀

145. JSQ says:
    June 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    How was the cruise, Raize?

I would never seriously insult any of you. I tease Canez1 out of love.

All I was trying to do was defend Dyron and give tator tots some props.

jsq, the new what was that nickname they had for your boy, oh yeah “soup nazi”
    lol, seems like i must of missed something though, who took the ball, i got 5 right here!

146. Calvin, that person is most certainly not “my boy.”

Lamar? Yes.

That dude? F no.

147. I have been listening to the same dang hold music for 30 minutes! When is this ABA conference going to begin?! Grr!!!

148. Thanks for posting the seating chart, bg. I think we find out our exact seats in August. They don’t print the tickets and stuff until then.

raizecane says:

Canez1 – I pretty much ate alot prior to sailing just so I could expand the stomach….but I easily gained 6 pounds and was informed it doesnt kick in for about 2 weeks so I may be pushing 8 – 10 pounds….. LOL.

150. Raize, you better take care of that and be ready to EAT come Ohio State!!!

[waives buffalo chicken dip and BBQ chicken pizza in front of Raize’s face]

East st louis says:

What up b.g with all the d-ends that we aree up getting and since we are up to 17 verbals what do u think about goldman and how many ships are we going wiyh this year.

raizecane says:

June 21, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    Raize, you better take care of that and be ready to EAT come Ohio State!!!

[waives buffalo chicken dip and BBQ chicken pizza in front of Raize’s face]

************************************************************

NO WORRIES………

Michael Bradley says:

2013 WR Jordan Cunningham, will be a top 5 WR in the state of FL nest season next to Stacey Coley and Ahmad Fulwood. It’s a really good interview…

154. Thanks, Mike!

It’s from my firm’s website. Been at the firm photographer all morning getting my picture taken!

155. As always great article MB. Thanks for sharing.

156. Loved the article, Mary. BTW, that’s a really nice looking picture of you on your fb page.

************************************************

Have you seen her in C1’s av?

157. He’s not getting any more pictures until he takes it down, Delray!

Huff!

158. East St. Louis

I think we still have 10-11 slots. I think we’ll take probably around 28 kids. Goldman we look good with as we made his last cut but he’s a national recruit so that is always difficult. But I expect us to take at least 2-3 DTs this cycle as well. Hoilette maybe a tweener (DE/OLB). In a 3-4 he is most certainly an OLB. Hamilton and Taylor are both 5 technique guys or true DEs in a 4-3. The kid I’d like IF we move to 3-4 is Nick James. He’s only a 3 star recruit but he’s HUGE and he’s naturally aggressive and moves very well for his size.

159. New Nick…..Graizecane!!

LOL

Good stuff my man.

Last time I was in Cozumel they got blasted by a huge hurricane the week before.

Place was a wreck.

Short day….

Trying to fire up a mediterranean one next year.

Good stuff my man. Glad you enjoyed!

160. LOL!!!

Buns O Steel!

A little on the tan side tho…

Must be photoshopped!! LOL

161. JSQ says:
    June 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    Calvin, that person is most certainly not “my boy.”

Lamar? Yes.

That dude? F no.
    /////////////////////////

lol, tell lamar the only way we might let em off the hook is if he walks around carrying a football for 70days straight, sleep wit it, eat, wash & shat with it! If the ball hits the ground in between that time frame, he has to start over!

162. I’ll be sure to let him know what he has to do to get back in your good graces, Calvin.

He’ll be back down here in July. You guys can meet and draw up an agreement on his redemption.

163. Footballcane has raised his head up again and called a DE commit yesterday that ended up being Hamilton. He also said this today

All i can say rite now is, expect this to be a real big week… When i get the call i will let u know…. We are workn rite now on a BIG TIME guy rite now for this class 2011….. when he enrolls…. all your questions about Al Golden and recruiting will be answered….

Said it is a DT I can’t think of one. We’ll see.

east st louis cane says:

thanks bg

165. Something tells me even the gentlemen ‘Canes will be throwing their panties at Golden in the field soon enough.

Dude is smooth.

Mos def won’t be me! I wear boxer and SOMETIMES briefs! :-p

Bg on the possible new dt for the 11 class…prob not a frosh but poss a guy that’s been at another school and is transferring??? Or been at a jc and is just getting his grades straight??? btw where did Sheldon Richardson end up?

168. Haha, okay, bg, throwing their boxers and/or briefs! 😉

169. Nash.

Richardson signed with Mizzou. FBC didn’t say whether it was a frosh or transfer just that its a big time player.

170. SailorCane says:
    June 21, 2011 at 7:37 AM
    Someone to fill AJ’s shoes, damn we dont need any more bench warmers!

Be warned The State of Miami is in session and it is a Category 5!

Other than aldarius reference, this post is all the way on point!

171. Keep this in mind folks when refering to aldarius johnson, as a true freshmen he basically more than doubled up leonard hankerson’s numbers a a sophmore. All qb’s need a safety net receiver, aldarius johnson was that guy his freshman and sophmore years. When j12 looked his best, #4 was out there on that field at the same time. hanks gone now, so who’s going to be that safety net receiver for j12, collier is gone too, another safety net receiver, the last one left and already established is #4. Whoever the qb is, he gives them that reliable outlet!

172. a few good ones in here; esp. #3:

Late Show Top Ten
    Top Ten Signs Al-Qaida Is Running Out of Money

10. Switching from name-brand to generic plastic explosive
    9. Jerry Lewis is hosting Al Jazeera’s first ever jihad-a-thon
    8. Ayman Al-Zawahiri closed latest videotaped message with, “And now a word from Valvoline”
    7. New catchphrase: “Death to Bill Collectors”
    6. Shoe-bombers encouraged to shop at Payless
    5. No more free soda in the 11th floor refrigerator
    4. Reducing afterlife payment to 71 virgins
    3. Training camps rented out on weekends for bar mitzvahs
    2. Canceled ambitious plan to put a Mullah on the moon
    1. Bet entire budget on the Miami Heat

173. LMAO, Autumn! Good stuff!

Michael Bradley says:

UM No Stranger to Attrition, by Jimmy D. Smith and Michael Bradley

175. Good article!

Tomorrow’s article on EOTH is vintage Mary Knows Football . . . meaning, you will think I’m totally nuts and should not attempt to read the article after taking a drink of your morning beverage of choice.

176. There are no tator tot jokes in said article.

There is, however, a “that’s what she said” joke.

Good times.

Looks like 2010 Hialeah DT Calvin Smith might be transferring (left NM earlier this year)

178. Bg, is this who you were talking about before?

179. He’s a possible. But I don’t know if he would qualify as big time. I don’t know who it is JSQ. Just going by what FBC said.

180. New blog up