Eye of the Hurricane’s Top 25 Countdown: #3 Lamar Miller, #2 Marcus Forston

#3 Lamar Miller:  Just one season into his career as a RB with the ‘Canes, Lamar Miller is already a fan-favorite.

Why He Appears Here: After redshirting in 2009, Miller played in 11 games in 2010, starting against Maryland.  He led team with six rushing touchdowns, running 108 times for 646 yards, second most on the team.  Miller’s 6.0 yards per carry average was the highest among rushers (with at least 10 carries).  Miller ran for 163 yards against Virginia Tech, a season-high for the team, and also ran for over 100 yards against Maryland. He was twice named ACC Rookie of the Week following the Florida A&M game and the Virginia Tech Game. After rushing for 125 yards and a touchdown against Maryland, was named the Rivals.com National Rookie of the Week.  Miller’s 58.7 yards per game ranked eighth in the ACC.  Indeed, Miller stepped his game up for conference games, rushing for 86.8 yards per ACC contest, third best in the league.

2011 Outlook:  With what is purportedly going to be a run-heavy offense under Fisch, Miller will be the DASH to Mike James’ SMASH.  With the support of a world-class offensive line, these two should be able to decimate many opponents with the run and produce the ‘Canes first 1,000 rushers since, um, my senior year of undergrad when my classmate Willis McGahee did it.  Sigh. Memories.

#2 Marcus Forston: ‘Canes fans are unspeakably happy to have this beast of a DT back after an injury sidelined him in the spring.  Forston is not only the top DT for the ‘Canes, but ranks up there with the best in the nation.

Why He Appears Here: As a freshman in 2008, Forston played in 12 games and made first career start at Floriduh.  He was named first-team freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com, Football Writer’s Association and Rivals.com, recording 18 tackles (13 solo, five assisted), 4.5 tackles for loss and three sacks, tying for fourth on the team, and tallying a career-high four tackles at NC State, which included a career-best two sacks.  Forston had three tackles against Wake Forest and his first career sack came on a magical Thursday evening in a win against Virginia Tech.

In 2009, Forston played in three of the first four games including FSWho, Georgia Tech and Chokelahoma before sitting out the remainder of the season with an injury, earning a medical hardship for the 2009 season.  In 2010, Forston came back with a vengeance, playing in 13 games, starting 12, recording 37 tackles, including the second-most tackles for loss on the team (12).  Forston sacked the QB three times on the year and even picked off a pass.

2011 Outlook:  Think of it this way: even if []_[] Tough, D’Onofrio, and Jethro Franklin had been working with scientists to design a force of nature to destroy an offense, they could be hard pressed to have what we have in Forston.  The problem is, we need like 8 Forstons.  Personally, I think current University of Miami students should follow Marcus around making sure he doesn’t accidentally trip on the steps at the UC or slip and fall walking around the Memorial Building when it rains.  It’s going to be a long season, and we need Forston to stay healthy to be successful, especially with some of the trash we have to play in November (cough *FSWho* cough).

1. Bish betta have my jello shot!

2. Nice U!

3. autumn
    August 26, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    good mornin’

feeling good today

. . . tomorrow = 1 week family vacation to france

4. autumn
    August 26, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    Hurri
    August 26, 2011 at 12:41 AM
    Man…..I just read about Jo-Jo Nic’s son.

That’s every kind of terrible.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<

i don't find anything about that anywhere

. . . is this just a rumor?

. . . i hope so

I’d flip millz and forston

6. Nashvillecane says:
    August 26, 2011 at 12:29 AM
    Lol…hahahaha…I was watching the Philly/cle land replay…and guess who I see??? C1 boy nipple tryin to coach colt McCoy…hope he don’t listen to him…heeheehee!!

A nipple sighting, uh oh “down goes offense, down go offense”. It’s funny how nobody wants to give the keys to nipple to run an offense but he keeps hanging on as a qb coach, lol, seems like i made up position knowing he’s in it, another ivy league connection slot.

He’s better suited to coaching with nfl guys, he ha no clue on how to develop college players!

7. I’d flip millz and forston

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Be interested to see how close the voting was on this one..

8. Nashvillecane says:
    August 26, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    I’d flip millz and forston
    /////////////////////////////

Hell at this rate, let’s just get forston on the field, i’m not worried about the team, but when you lose a spence and forston off of your defense, it’s going to be hard to be a dominant defense. We still got time and tell greg cote to calm down with that drama article over there, no big deal, if this is how these players careers are going to end, than so be it, the ncaa will have it’s way for now. They’re will be repercussions no doubt if something ridiculous comes down and we’ll see with all the law degrees that came out of UM, how strong that unit is.

9. Six, for the Skype question…yes you can skype from a mobile phone to a desktop. can do the same with FaceTime if the person on the desktop has a Mac. skype can do all OS’s tho and even skype enabled TVs. with Microsoft owning Skype now its jut a matter of time before you can skype with someone using the kinect on the 360.

10. we need to collect some dirt on that NCAA dude Emmert. NEED Vernon, Spence, and Ray Ray eligible.

11. Esteban says:
    August 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    ///////////////////////////////

No doubt, i’m almost sure he resembles that that official who was reaching for toilet tissue under the next man’s stall. Forget telemaque and his yapping azz being cleared if true we need our real players back.

12. yeah Telemaque is down the list when it comes to who i’d want eligible first. i’ll list mine.

1) spence
    2) vernon
    3) armstrong
    4) fortson
    5) travis
    6) jacory
    7) jojo
    8) adewale
    9) telemaque
    10) marcus robinson
    11) aldarius
    12) dye

13. Give me Spence, Ojomo, Ray Ray, Forston and Vernon and let’s roll this bytch.

Spence has to be #1 on that list of needs.

Esteban
    August 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM

—– emmert just like everybody else…he got some skeletons in his closet, they just need to be uncovered…my question is and maybe someone’s can answer. Exactly what benefits are the um12 accused of taking from the snitch…if it’s him paying for dinner, outings, them chilling at his crib on occasions then that’s a messed up rule…bcoz if just a regular student were taking about and not a student “athlete” then nothin would be said about it….

15. Why is everyone so high on Ray-Ray? So far I have not been as impressed as you guys. My list:

1) spence

7) jojo
    adewale
    9) telemaque
    10) marcus robinson
    11) aldarius
    12) dye

——- hell them last to we can do WITHOUT….4 ain’t donen ish since wake 08….dye aint done ish AT ALL…but i will say he should be the 1st one off the bus for a game bcoz he look the part….lol….sorry cal but ya boy is gah’bag!!!

17. Nashvillecane says:
    August 26, 2011 at 9:37 AM
    Esteban
    August 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM

nash, i cream cheese is considered and extra benefit, that let’s you know all logic is out the window! These riff raffs are pathetic!

CK
    August 26, 2011 at 9:42 AM

—– bcoz he so FULL of emotion…pffft…lol just play your assignments plez!!

19. ck, if you seriously got vaughn telemaque rated that high, you’re high dawg. You got him rated higher than ojomo, travis benjamin and j12 or marcus robinson, lol.

20. My list:
    spence
    forston
    j12
    aldarius
    vernon
    ray ray
    ojomo
    travis
    jojo
    robinson
    telemaque
    dyron

21. CK I am not that high on Ray Ray so far in his career. I am however scared of the second string safeties.

That said, I think he has a big year. Soph to Jr season is usually the biggest jump in on field production. Kids stop thinking and instincts kick in.

I think that there is a big drop off from the 1′s to the 2′s at safety. More so than the other positions thus my thoughts on Ray Ray’s return.

I am hoping on both safeties but I will take one worst case scenario.

An plus if the snitch wasn’t a official booster then they’d be in the clear to…a few years back some guy in alabama took Julio and Ingram on a deep sea fishin trip but I dont think he was a booster????? But they just had to repay the loot and they were in the clear…just like Miss Clark said b4 if I was the one hooking dudes up they er thang would be to the good…

23. Cal – I have Telemacky higher than Ojomo, TB3, J12, and Robinson purely bc we have pretty decent EXPERIENCED backups in each of those other 4 positions.

Nash – I’ve seen RayRay miss WAAAAAYYYY too many tackles and lose WAAAAYYYY to many assignments for me to anoint him like you guys.

24. C1 – I understand that, its just that when I saw B.Harris and Spence in their first two years I knew they would be something special. Never had that feeling for RayRay.

With that said, you can certainly understand why I have Telemacky high on my list. The second string safeties on this team won’t scare anyone in the ACC. And considering RayRay has shown me nothing, I think he is replaceable.

My list….spence, tha 2 safeties ( for cal reasons), then the dlinemen (minus dye), tb3, Jo Jo, j12….WHO DID I FIRGET???? Heeheehee!!!

26. Cal,

Glue shoes at #4????

The lulz keep on rolling.

And you try calling CK high???

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bytch please.

27. ck, you gotta get past looking for the highlight plays and just look at how steady a guy ray ray, he tackles real well in space, is normally around the ball when it’s in the air. He comes up and sticks people and has good play diagnosing skills.

The question i have for you is, why is telemaque that high on your list.

28. CK I hear ya.

They scare me as well.

Gotta love AG:

BrianTheBeastLondon (@allcanesradio)
    8/26/11 10:00 AM

Line of the day from @GoldenAl On the Miami Herald report of 8 players being ineligible he said:

” I don’t read the Miami Herald” #fb

CK
    August 26, 2011 at 9:58 AM

—-CK IIIIIIII was joking above….I see the same thing u see…he’s a good not great player…him and Cali are in the same bout IMO….I was just sayin what others say when talkin about ray ray

That’s the spirit, coach!

It’s us against the world, including the hometown newspaper.

F ‘em all.

CanesCanesCanes
    August 26, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    Gotta love AG:

BrianTheBeastLondon (@allcanesradio)
    8/26/11 10:00 AM

” I don’t read the Miami Herald” #fb

—— lol…yup muggs starting to get on his nerves too…he Goldie don’t do like my guy Shannon and call’em on the phone and cussem out!!!

33. Go Canes!!

34. Cal gonna post highlight links and actually bring up the Clemson game where BOTH of Andre Ellington’s touchdown runs went past who???

Oh, that guy wearing #26.. The lulz

Hey goldie^^^^

36. Cal – I just disagree with your assessment. I’ve seen RayRay falling down after a back makes a cut one to many times for me to say he tackles well in space. Idk where you get play diagnosing skills, you HAVE to remember those touchdowns when he was the covering safety who missed the coverage.

And I really don’t watch highlights of Canes games…I watch the games.

Oddly enough Telemacky is high on my list for the first reason you spoke of, consistency. Now I’m not saying he is great by any account, but he isn’t bad. And in a secondary that needs all the help it can get I’d rather take consistently average player instead of one the is hot and cold.

37. CK says:
    August 26, 2011 at 10:17 AM

And I really don’t watch highlights of Canes games…I watch the games.

———–

38. CK, my initial reaction was “you crazy?!” to seeing Telemaque over Ray Ray. Telemaque is one of the most tackle missing guys we got. And he doesn’t make up for it by getting a lot of INTs or pass break ups. Ray Ray will miss a tackle here and there, but not over and over like VT. Plus I do think he takes his game to a new level this year. Just can see the progression – especially when other guys keep mentioning him as being the leader in the secondary along with JoJo.

i do understand the reasoning when it comes to good back ups though. its why i had vernon and ray ray over Fortson. at least at DT we have guys who’ve started. without vernon we’ll have a true freshman starting most likely and without ray ray we have a converted QB – a converted QB i’m high on but still.

and Calvin, you know you can’t say anything about telemaque when u got #4 that high. if we go without #4 with Morris at QB then that’s no loss at all. for jacory it might be a slight loss, but not for Morris.

39. Also, anyone else think it was funny that Cal said, “ck, you gotta get past looking for the highlight plays” and then proceeded to post youtube highlights of RayRay lol, jus sayin.

40. Nashvillecane says:
    August 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM
    CanesCanesCanes
    August 26, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    Gotta love AG:

BrianTheBeastLondon (@allcanesradio)
    8/26/11 10:00 AM

” I don’t read the Miami Herald” #fb

//////////////////////////////////

nash, they hated shannon but shannon didn’t play the radio like that and nevin knew it, shapiro wouldn’t of tried that fake trying to fight the complaince guy with shannon, he knew better. nevin shapiro, “thee ultimate sack ryda”

41. Ray Ray and Spence rockin Black Jerseys today.

:-)

42. Canez1 says:
    August 26, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    Cal,

Glue shoes at #4????

The lulz keep on rolling.

And you try calling CK high???

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bytch please.

Bennie
    August 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Oh, that guy wearing #26.. The lulz

—– that’s my point….bound to give up as many plays as he makes…but when he makes one he jumps up doin all that hollering and ish…imagine if spence did that he’d be outta breath just from the celebratin…

JSQ is stranded waiting for roadside assistance says:

Article by my friend, Reva, whom some of you met in Columbus last September:

45. “One that is hot and cold and was the only one of the two that would get benched and replaced with another player..”

Bennie, Glen Cook would never get switched out either though. Beason got benched for damn near a complete season though early on. And Sharpton would get in and out too. Sharpton wasn’t a world beater but was compared to Cook. Telemaque was where he was supposed to be. But besides a stretch last year he never made the plays you’d hope he make. Ray Ray has is flaws but I’d take him in a heartbeat over #7.

46. Yeah I was thinking that myself Este, Telemacky is the king of missed tackles but you said it exactly, I have a whole lot more faith in RayRay’s backup than I have in Vaughn’s.

47. God damn these reporters are IGNORANT.

48. CK, i think Highsmith would end up being the first safety off the bench if a long term replacement was needed at either safety spot. i like what i saw from swasey though in the spring – seems to have the instincts for the spot. and i’ve said before i like tyrone cornelius and that if #7 can’t learn to tackle he’ll be losing his job to a guy like #39 who knows how to wrap up.

49. CK says:
    August 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM

ck, those plays i posted with ray ray shows the good and bad, it wasn’t biased, it had him getting beat by posey, it didn’t just show only the plays he made it showed his football instincts whether he was in on the tackle or not. How many times have you seen telemaque come up and make a play behind the line of scrimmage or meet a runningback in the whole, you get that from ray ray. Everybody already knew ray ray needed to work on his pass coverage skills, i’m talking football instincts in run support and being around the ball in the air as well.

Plus when you add in the fact that telemaque has been here 3 years and ray ray was a true sophmore, you have to see that ray ray is already the better ball player, see how many tackles ray ray had this year compared to the team rankins in tackles!

50. Esteban says:
    August 26, 2011 at 10:25 AM

———————————-

I think Glen Cook was part of the mafia and told Shannon that if he didn’t play people would die or something.. Sure, he was in the picture to make the play but just wasn’t able, for whatever reason.

Sharpton, eh. Just another one of our patchwork middle linebackers.. At least we didn’t give up massive runs gashed up the middle with him like we did with 44.

I’m not sitting here saying VT is an elite safety by any means. AllCanes has a NICE photo of him whiffing on a tackle again Cierre Wood in the ND game.. Just saying that as the years have gone by he’s been a pretty steady performer. Might not be an EXCELLENT performer, but a steady performer. Which I guess is better than being outright horrendous.

That’s a given, Bernie. Anything in particular?

Love how SMD is tweeting about how “hard” she’s working. Give me a break.

Nice article, JSQ. Really nice link for Christina Hendricks. Lawd

Bennie
    August 26, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    God damn these reporters are IGNORANT.

That’s a given, Bernie. Anything in particular?

53. True true, those are fair statements Cal.

54. “Keep sleeping on glue hands, he’s been better than your boy laron byrd without even trying hard!”
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Byrd is not my boy #1. I have blasted his soft ass on here many times.

Byrd is 10X better than Gottadolla tho.

No doubt about it, except in your mind.

Byrd stats
    Rec Yds
    2010 41 441
    2009 33 460
    2008 21 228

Progression at it’s finest…

GottaDolla4

2010 15 157
    2009 16 276
    2008 31 332

Regression at it’s finest.

Try and get out of this one…

You got ONE thing right. Lazy face doesn’t “try hard” at anything.

He took a couple years off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Greentree says:

—————————————————————————————————
    its a fucked up rule no question about it…especially since none of those things make you jump higher, run faster, etc….but the thing is they are impermissible benefits bc the student-athletes were given those things bc of their status as student-athletes…if shapiro would have been giving these things to everyone on campus, student athlete or not, then there would be no problems bc they would have been available to the general population of students not just the SA’s.

56. You’re probably right on that one Este.

Speaking of safeties, where is our fastest one…Tyrone Cornelius??

Esteban
    August 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Nashvillecane
    August 26, 2011 at 10:49 AM
    Speaking of safeties, where is our fastest one…Tyrone Cornelius??

@@@@@@

Haha…thinkin alike…I didn’t see u post this earlier

59. Spence
    Forston – Experienced disruptive DT can’t be replaced and besides Porter is not practicing right now due to injury
    Harris – No matter who the QB is we need a 2nd guy that is NOT Spencer Whipple
    Benjamin
    Nicolas
    Armstrong
    Telemaque
    Vernon
    Ojomo
    Robinson
    Johnson
    Dye

Greentree
    August 26, 2011 at 10:42 AM

—————————————————————————————————
    ———

I see ya point greentree…but I wonder if any other of they player’s buddies went along for the ride…u know someone not on the football/basketball team?

61. Thanks to everyone for the outpouring concern over me being stranded.

I’m touched.

Six is getting a new battery, brakes, and tires.

You have AAA?

63. BREAKING Baton Rouge Police Dept. has secured arrest warrants for #LSU QB Jordan Jefferson & LB Joshua Johns for felony

64. Aug. 26, 2011 9:55 a.m. – by Brian London – Ineligible players practice
    Ten of the 12 players alleged to have received extra benefits by convicted felon Nevin Shapiro were at practice Friday, despite reports that eight of them have been declared ineligible by the school. CB JoJo Nicolas was absent, due to personal reasons. TE Dyron Dye’s absence was unexplained. Coach Al Golden did confirm the school has submitted paperwork to the NCAA declaring an undisclosed number of players ineligible. Hurricanes RapidReports

65. Maybe the SEC will finally get some heat put on it..

Tired of everything being swept under the rug pertaining to them.

Alabama is hiding stuff too.

66. 18 minutes ago – by Dave Carey – Hurricanes ready to take emotions out on Terps
    The emotional impact of the NCAA investigation has the Hurricanes looking forward to playing games. “We’re tired of beating up on each other,” WR Phillip Dorsett said. “We just want to beat up on somebody else.” OL Brandon Washington added: “We’re ready and I think it will show on Labor Day night against Maryland.” Hurricanes RapidReports

67. not so interesting

. . . but something to read if you’re waiting to have your car repaired:

25AUG 2011
    FOUR REINSTATED, NOW LET GOLDEN ROLL

speedwrecks says:

BG,

What’s not breaking is that LSU QB having 50 pairs of athletic shoes!
    Julio Jones having 50 suits when his 1 parent is a cook at Popeyes, & Churchs chicken What’s not breaking is counsel having JJ not cooperate with sympathetic local LEOs!

But then, it’s the SEC CULTURE!

AND Biggest $$$ to NCAA & Largest fan following.

69. Bg, my insurance provides roadside assistance so I just use that.

By Sunday, Six will be really stylin’ for the 2011 season!

SpeedWrecks says:

Autumn says: August 26, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    not so interesting

. . . but something to read if you’re waiting to have your car repaired:

25AUG 2011
    FOUR REINSTATED, NOW LET GOLDEN ROLL

==========================

Autumn,

for that super old news and outdated TITLE of

FOUR-REINSTATED-NOW-LET-GOLDEN-ROLL

I’d have to say for you to, in the immortal words of Calvin:

SIT your azz down!

iactuallythoughtthat4moreoftheineligigle8justgotclearedtoplay

and my heart all excited that Golden would roll… then looking to find about which four?

71. SpeedWrecks

SIT your azz down!

iactuallythoughtthat4moreoftheineligigle8justgotclearedtoplay

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

agreed speed

. . . moi is guilty of a bad posting

. . . ass is sat

72. something newish . . . and hopefully good news (for 2012; 2011 is down the drain):

Basketball transfer Larkin officially signs
    by: Steve Gorten August 26th, 2011 | 12:46 PM
    CORAL GABLES — Shane Larkin, a transfer from DePaul, officially has signed with Miami and is enrolled in classes, UM announced Friday.

The son of ex-Cincinnati Reds shortstop Barry Larkin must sit out the upcoming season, but is allowed to practice with the team.

Larkin, a 5-foot-10, 160-pound point guard from Orlando Dr. Phillips High, was the Class 6A Player of the Year runner-up to Austin Rivers as a senior.

He led his team to a 27-6 record and the state championship game his final season while averaging 18.8 points, 6.4 rebounds, 6.3 assists and 3.5 steals per game.

UM coach Jim Larranaga recruited Larkin while at George Mason. Larkin took an official visit there, but signed with DePaul.

He asked for his release from DePaul this summer, citing an undisclosed medical condition as the reason. He was granted his release earlier this month. While he never played for DePaul, Larkin must still sit out a season because he’s considered a transfer since he received athletic aid from the school this summer.

Larkin must sit out a full academic year upon his arrival at UM. However, he will be eligible immediately to practice and participate in all other team activities.

73. for those wanting to read more about the lsu situation:

Felony arrest warrants issued for Jordan Jefferson, Josh Johns

Posted by John Taylor on August 26, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT

UPDATED 12:56 p.m. ET: Bail has been set at $5,000 apiece for both players. Additionally, the Baton Rouge Police Department will hold a 3:30 p.m. ET press conference to discuss the investigation and arrests.

74. SW,

If you talk to Autumn like that again, I will throw cupcakes at you at Maryland. It will be hard to enjoy the game with frosting in your eyes.

Be nice.

75. JSQ
    August 26, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    SW,

Be nice.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<

holy shyt

. . . jsq ready to cupcake azz for me
    (heard she's a 5-star in the baked martial arts bantam division)

. . . now THAT is groovy

EOTH forever!

76. I’ve seen VTele make more plays than Ray Ray

I’m not saying that VTele is Ed Reed by any means – but I think he has the edge over Ray Ray

I’ve also seen VTele whiff, just like I’ve seen Ray Ray ‘ole a few as well

I think people are just enamored with Ray Ray’s outbursts or potential b/c of his frame out there

Kid still has to show more

VTele upending Roddy Jones of GTech was more impressive than Ray Ray being on the other side of DeMarco Murray coming down after leaping over a Cane – why? B/c VTele forced a fumble (but the Canes didn’t recover it) and it was a 8 to 9 yard loss on the play. VTele had 2 picks against Duke – and we all know that’s a tough place to play. He was also in the right place/right time for the fumble recovery of the UNC player that was at the goal line this past year – helped turn momentum around. He broke up that catch to Varner by hitting him as he was about to catch it going out of bounds

GTech

Dislodging ball against Duke

DaytonCane says:

Colt McCoy has looked good so far this preseason, with the exception of last nights game. Had a pretty decent game against the reigning Super Bowl champs last week. Very accurate.

Could it be the influence of one Mark Whipple? LOL.

78. DaytonCane
    August 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Could it be the influence of one Mark Whipple? LOL.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Nope, he is just a good QB…

79. Love Colt McCoy!!!

80. Six
    August 26, 2011 at 1:17 PM
    VTele had 2 picks against Duke – and we all know that’s a tough place to play.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I honestly think the Duke being a tough place to play is going to live on forever in Canes fans memories. I still lmao.

81. CK, I still remember hearing it come out of my laptop that night when Randy was being interviewed by DBJ at Monty’s and I stopped writing MKF for like 30 seconds and was like

“. . . DA F@CK?!”

Yeah, that line isn’t going away.

82. When I wake up in he middle of the night and can not get back to sleep i can always count on Autumn posting something worth reading.

DaytonCane says:

JSQ, I don’t see what the big deal is about that statement. Cameron Indoor Stadium is a very tough place to play.

Wait…

84. such a tough place to play at..

‘bama really struggled, scoring over 60 points there with as many if not less offensive yards than we had,,

85. I mean between the walk from the locker room all the way to the field and no video screen that place is like playing in death valley.

86. especially for freshmens :o

87. JSQ
    August 26, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    Autumn, I got your back.

<<<<<<<<

lol!!

and thanks delray

88. HAHAHAHAHAHA @ Bennie

SpeedWrecks says:

Larkin, a 5-foot-10, 160-pound point guard from Orlando Dr. Phillips High, was the Class 6A Player- of the Year runner-up to AUSTIN RIVERS as a senior.
    ==================================

Now Autumn,

that’s good stuff. But, it really makes you wonder why the alleged $1O,OOO was not alleged to recruit the likes of Rivers, rather than someone with an LOI and even in class. Miami being given more than a nun’s slap in the wrist for alleged pay to recruits when there was never signature recruits en masse is slapstick comedy on UM cranium.

90. Duke is a place where you come in healthy, and leave with nicked extremities.

91. I will say this about Duke, in all seriousness.

I’ve seen where we’ve played several games there.. There is one end of the field that if you play a noon or late afternoon game, the sun is an absolute PITA on kick returns.

As for that, so much for a no excuses campaign last year.. LOL

92. What Delray said about Autumn.

93. ray ray had over 20 more tackles while playing a lot less snaps than Telemaque and had the same number of INTs and had more tackles for loss. and when he got INTs he didn’t immediately fall to the ground he got return yards from ‘em.

plus ray ray gets voted 2nd team all acc. i know that’s done by the media so perception is involved but i think there is a reason why ray ray is perceived as being the greater impact player by others who cover the acc – and its not just cause he gets hype because telemaque is one celebrating dude too after tackles.

SpeedWrecks says:

autumn says: August 26, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    JSQ August 26, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    SW,

Be nice.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<

holy shyt

. . . jsq ready to cupcake azz for me
    (heard she's a 5-star in the baked martial arts bantam division)

. . . now THAT is groovy

EOTH forever!
    ====================

I know, right.
    I may have to get some pull out my oversized shades to see thru frosting lenses, but Autumn don't go back on the positive steps of your rehabs of pulling out fresh stuff, lol

95. Idk Este, I think much of RayRays popularity is the media hype. Again, not saying he sux, just saying a lot of this praise, ESPECIALLY those projecting him to be a 1st rounder in next years draft, is just plain silly if you base it off his gameplay to date.

96. CK, no doubt some of the popularity comes with the size and number. his speed will be an issue once it comes time for real draft projecting. needs to be at least able to run 4.6. i’d bet he’s 4.7 running right now.

97. Este I agree about Ray Ray.

More upside.

98. I would put my money on Ray Ray having the better year any day of the week.

JMO of course.

99. SaveUMFootball Papa Cane
    LSU has 3 players suspended, 2 arrested, 49 pairs of shoes = $5,000 and potential ties to Willie Lyles. All I hear are crickets, UM haters.

i lol’d. it’s true though.

SpeedWrecks says:

Jacory Harris suspension (with the other seven) saga was a “Top Stories” earlier today; what a feat!

…and now J12 has been supplanted by Jordan Jefferson arrest story

for kicking that poor young man while the helpless chap was down after being snatched from his pick up truck!

All this ish out there, in comparison to UM ballers eating & (illegally under 21) boozing, and chilling at somebody mansion, make our situation look like child play. Throw in 50 shoes from this QB, 50 suits from Julio Jones with current Trent Richardson signing autographs, 50 arrests from U of Felony, then the context of all death penalty talk or USC type of sanctions is down right pathetically ridiculous!

DaytonCane says:

Telemaque needs to improve that backpedal quickly. Ugliest thing I ever seen.

Ray Ray needs to stop whiffing on tackles and improve his movement in space. I know its pretty hard for a guy that big to move well laterally, but if he wants to take the next step thats something he needs to work on.

Considering the talent that Paul Williams has had to work with in the past, I dont think these two will be that much of a problem to deal with.

102. SpeedWrecks, just shows how popular the Canes still are. haven’t won anything of significance in years and still a bigger deal all across the country than all the listed issues above with not nearly the same amount of real issues.

103. Dayton, one thing you can tell from his resume is that Williams loves him some physical play from his safeties. Ray Ray is a perfect fit. Telemaque has to quit diving at ankles – if he does he’ll be a good fit for it too.

DaytonCane says:

Este, most NFL DBs dive at ankles, so thats not really an issue. It wouldnt be very “helpful” if a DB tries to tackle a RB coming downhill at fullspeed. Call it what you want, but there is a reason they dont tackle up top like LBs do.

Now, for a guy like Ray Ray, he can tackle straight up because of his build. He’s more of a box safety anyway.

I want VT to concentrate on improving that backpedal and diagnosing plays. He can always work on tackling later.

105. dayton, but you know there is a difference between seeing what you’re hitting and going low with your tackle attempt and just putting your head down and diving blindly. i would get upset with telemaque for this and was glad when it was talked about during either the spring game or a game last year where he was whiffin. pointed out how he’s going to get himself hurt just lowering his head and diving at the feet of the ball carrier like that – and almost miss a lot of tackles that way too.

106. Speed, he wasn’t just a poor young man. I believe he was a US Marine.

August 26, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    DaytonCane
    August 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Could it be the influence of one Mark Whipple? LOL.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Nope, he is just a good QB…

——- hell knaw….how long has he worked wit nipple half a month….lock out remember….nipple would be betta callin plays on cfb 2011!!!!

108. Mmmmmmm tater tots!!!!

Thanks Muffins!

109. Amari Cooper out of NW set to announce in a few hours. Anyone know if we have a shot?

110. i need these fools to go ahead and release that depth chart so i can do a break it down run through. editing using fcp x this year and i haven’t edited anything but a preschool elementary graduation with it so far. hoping i’m not setting myself up for some long nights.

111. 1) Spence (no brainer)
    2) Fortson (see bg’s comments)
    3) Harris (do you guys really want Whipple at #2, seriously J12 might suck donkey balls but he’s John Elway compared to the other option)
    4) Armstrong (no viable backup)
    5) Vernon (Stud)
    6) Telemaque (no viable backup)
    7) Ojomo (leader)
    8) JoJo (impt. piece provides flexibility)
    9) Benjamin (P-Diddy can take his place)
    10) Robinson (never healthy)
    11) Aldarius (who cares)
    12) Dye (If he didn’t change positions wouldn’t even know he’s on team)

112. Delray – Believe he’s going to Alabama

113. Yo Esteban, can you get that to me by Thursday? Thanks!!!

114. I think we can all agree that no matter which safety we are talking about they both need to step up their game.

Underwhelming to say the least.

115. yeah i hopefully will have it ready a couple days before that at least.

DaytonCane says:

Este, I agree. I just think that its more important that VT get better in coverage. The front seven should be good enough to not let the runners get to the 3rd level too often.

117. Este LOL I was going to start teasing you about break it down in a little bit.

Been under the radar.

Break it down and the College Football Live music tell me my favorite time of the year is right around the corner.

Don’t F with my high!

118. i think our back up safeties will be better than any starting safeties in the nation not playing for nick saban.

drinking the spiked kool aid today and luvin it.

119. SmoothHughes47 Darris Smooth Hughes
    PATIENTS is the “KEY”

————-

with players like this back on the team.. we’ll be a force before too long (i hope)

120. Esteban says:
    August 26, 2011 at 3:20 PM

drinking the spiked kool aid today and luvin it.

————-

i loathe FSU but nick moody and lamarcus joyner(probably) are going to take that role.. stoops knows him some db’s.

121. LOL he tried fixing it..

SmoothHughes47 Darris Smooth Hughes
    Patiences is the “KEY” u don’t have 2 rush things they will come over time…. :-)

122. big as a house, dumb as rocks

123. Bennie, my personal “WTF kind of grammar is that?” fav is when they put a “t” at the end of a word to mean the the past tense, for example:

I past the test.

Good for you, X player.

I’m assuming it was a scantron . . .

Any body use there smart phone with a sling box….if so hard hard is it to set up!??? Like c1 alluded to it’s that time of year and opening weekend of cfb I gotta work the evening shift ALL WEEKEND INCLUDING MONDAY NIGHT:-( HELP ME!!!!!!!!! lol

125. You mean kinda sorta like. He past it to the wrong team?

126. Nash, I have heard nothing but good things about slingbox but haven’t heard reviews on the one for smartphones.

127. dayton, yeah #7 definitely needs to work on his coverage skills as well. one thing i’m curious to see if if he’ll ever have to actually cover man on man this year. wasn’t something asked much of him.

Bennie
    August 26, 2011 at 3:23 PM
    SmoothHughes47 Darris Smooth Hughes
    PATIENTS is the “KEY”

————-

—– who is he

129. Nash, just spoke to one of our enginners here at work. ( I work for a TV station and we have spots in the country that we broadcast to smartphones.) Basically what he said was you will get a very good picture due to the format being compressed. Only downside is it is subject to some jump screens. Anyways, that’s what i could find out.

130. Nashvillecane says:
    August 26, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Bennie
    August 26, 2011 at 3:23 PM
    SmoothHughes47 Darris Smooth Hughes
    PATIENTS is the “KEY”

————-

—– who is he
    —————

131. Just sent this to an extremely handsome and witty ‘Canes fan who is throwing a hurricane party this weekend and thought I would share with you guys as well. :-)

MANDATORY EVACUATION
     2oz Railean White Rum
     4oz lemon/lime soda or club soda
     Splash of Grenadine or Pomegranate Syrup
     Lemon/Lime wedges for garnish
    Combine Railean Rum, soda and syrup in shaker with lots of ice. Strain and pour into chilled martini glass. Toast your friends or relatives who were kind enough to take you in for a few days due to the mandatory evacuation of your Gulf Coast home!
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    CATEGORY 5
     1/2 oz. Railean Blue Agave Spirit
     1/2 oz. Railean White rum
     1/2 oz. vodka
     1/2 oz. bourbon
     1/2 oz. gin
     Sweet-and-sour mix
     Splash of fruit juice
    Combine vodka, tequila, rum, bourbon and gin in a tall glass. Fill remainder of glass with sweet-and-sour mix and splash of juice. Stir, then garnish with an inverted drink umbrella. Drink during peak storm!
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    FEEDER BAND
     2 oz. Midori
     2 oz. Railean White rum
     1 scoop vanilla ice cream
    Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth. If you happen to lose power during a particularly strong feeder band, no worries, the ice cream in your freezer will be nice and soft since it has begun to melt!
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

DOWNED POWER LINE
     1 1/2 oz. Railean Reserve XO dark rum
     5 oz. Red Bull or your favorite energy drink
    Combine ingredients in a cocktail glass. Drink while trying to figure out how the heck you’re supposed to go two freakin’ weeks without television and AC.
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    FLOOD ZONE
     2 oz. Kahlúa
     2 oz. Baileys Irish cream
     4 oz. Railean Reserve XO dark rum
    Serve in a 6-ounce glass and laugh-cry deliriously as the mess spills all over the countertop. You may also mix with ice and serve in a 12oz highball glass!
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
    BLUE TARP
     1 ½ oz. Curacao
     1 ½ oz Railean White rum
     2 oz. pineapple juice
     Splash of lime
    Combine all ingredients in shaker with lots of ice. Pour in a tall glass and enjoy post-hurricane while you admire the blue tarps covering holes in roofs and adorning the homes in your neighborhood. This drink may also be savored at your marina while you admire all the beautiful boats complete with the ugly blue tarps shading the decks.

132. lol @ a recipe i saw, can’t remember where i got the link, may have been on here

but a recipe for “golden shots”.

goldschlager and 151 rum of your choice.

“awesome start to a canes game, unless you want to remember it.” LOL

133. “awesome start to a canes game, unless you want to remember it.” LOL

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I guess we’ll wait and see who our starting QB is!

134. [vomits on keyboard]

I haven’t been able to handle 151 since a particularly eventful night in the Grove in 2002, where we did shots of 151 after dinner at TuTu Tango. Miss that place.

and had them added to our hurricanes at Sandbar . . .

Then there were the shots of jaeger at Moe’s . . .

Speaking of, OSWho roll call, who is going out with us on Friday night?

135. What’s the plan Mary?

136. I’m torn on where to have dinner that night.

Any new places in the Grove worth trying?

137. JSQ – You’re crazy. My fav drink is two parts Goldschläger, 1 part 151. Cheap(er), efficient, and doesn’t taste like ass.

Goldschläger

Barf!

Tried it once…

Never.Again.

139. CK, my liver is aching just thinking about that idea.

I can’t drink brown liquors since the infamous game of Jack and Coke pong at the Pike house after the Homecoming Parade in 1999.

140. Shwarma, any restaurant recommendations?

I was thinking dinner at 8-8:30 and then go out around there after.

It will be pretty much a class reunion for me so I want to stay around there.

I haven’t been to the Tavern since after the last game in the Orange Bowl!!!

[collective groan]

141. What about the Panorama in the Sonesta?

Delray
    August 26, 2011 at 3:49 PM

—— thank u sir

143. Uh-oh, JSQ at a Pike party…

144. KL – How could you not like Goldschläger??? It tastes like Big Red chewing gum

145. I was a good girl, CK.

But I have a story from that night that has a two drink minimum.

Funny ish.

Those boys were crazy. Half the fraternity got kicked out in 2000.

Totally deserved. lmao.

146. Lol, I’m sure you dated some guy in Pike your first two years on campus. Don’t lie JSQ ;)

147. Nope. Not until the summer between undergrad and law school.

And he definitely was a dime a dozen in that regard.

WHAAAAA?

148. #thesummerofMary

149. [dances at desk]

CK, when I said “tried it once” I mean I drank it in excess one night & can never drink it again. So much so that the smell of it makes me ill. I know people who feel that same way about tequila…

151. I’m also taking song requests for the Maryland tailgate. Get that ish to me now.

What’s that you say? 80s hair bands?

Done.

152. ‘Vette over at CI said Vaughn Telemaque is cleared, that Ray Ray is looking good as well but not “official”.

Not sure of his source but he’s pretty accurate with his info.

153. JSQ I never eat in the grove, only drink

154. Huff.

I’ve asked Facebook.

Will decide and make announcement, whomever wants in on dinner can tell me and I’ll make reservations for the group.

My favorite restaurants in Miami are not in the Grove but I’m thinking driving that evening is not a great idea. We’ll see.

I might just say F it and cab it to Randazzo’s Little Italy because I know Canez1 will like that. Not sure they have anything gluten free, though.

155. Christy’s is always good

Not sure if this was posted already, but it’s an interesting perspective. Oh, and the writer calling Colin Cowherd a tool is pretty funny too.

157. Cowherd is a tool.

And Chuck Todd, the whitehouse correspondent called Nevin Shapiro a jerkoff. Said he likes Al Golden, and the new AD, and that Shalala needs to take a little more accountability..

Die hard ‘Canes fan, apparently. WHO KNEW?

158. Yeah, Bennie, Chuck Todd is on WQAM all the time. Good guy.

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

Looks like the money the U spent on that “consultant” was rather well spent.

Good to Al giving the Herald the Heisman….SDM asked one too many dumbass questions.

Dipple MIGHT be decent as a QB coach but there’s no real way to tell because he didn’t do much of that in the NFL. The one place he did do it, Pittsburgh, he got fired by the new HC. I wouldn’t let him anywhere near my QB. But if you have the right signal-caller he won’t matter much.

160. Cav, that was a big issue with Jeff Bowden at FSU in the earlier 2000′s..

He was pretty good as a quarterbacks coach.. But when you all of a sudden take on offensive coordinator duty.. Some coordinators and coaches can’t do double duty.

Thus the Rix era began. Took over after Richt left for UGA in 2000 with Weinke, and slowly the quarterbacks (studs as they were coming out of highschool) started becoming garbage and the offenses more predictable than our own here lately..

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

No wonder Golden gave those fools a big U stiff-arm.

SDM’s question to Byrd: “Are you guys ready for what you’re going to get, fan reaction at MD?”

What a douche…..

DaytonCane says:

Jordan Jefferson has 49 pairs of shoes that were confiscated by police.

Who says college football players aren’t being paid? LOL. I bet the car he drives is pretty nice too.

163. JSQ
    August 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM

I past the test.

Good for you, X player.

I’m assuming it was a scantron . . .

————-

hahahahahahaahahahahahaha lmbao at this one!!! So true!

164. Dayton, I think they estimated nearly 5,000 dollars worth of shoes in his closet..

GOOD GAWD. I’ve dated several women that COMBINED didn’t have that in shoes.

165. i gotta see who i’m going to have watch my daughter for the game on Labor Day. Wife won’t be around. Don’t really wanna have to drive into DC to have the wife’s family watch her. would really restrict jello shot in take.

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

SDM’s question to Chickillo, his 1st interview…..”If something were to happen to Miami, if UM was to be penalized bowls, games, a lot of scholarships, would that affect your decision to come here?”

After he gives her a great answer, dissing her insinuation, she says, “Is this what you expected?”

What a worthless two bit hack….

167. and looking at people’s ads on craigslist trying to sell or buy HP Touchpads. One person post an ad saying they are trying to buy one at face value and no more (actually listed the wrong price for the 32GB one $10 less than actual price). That person must not really want one. Why would someone sell it on craigslist unopened for face value when they can get $200 for the $99 version easily? Even a small mark up is reasonable. But face value? person crazy.

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

Then she asked Chickillo “Are you guys ready for MD, for what the fans are going to do, it’s going to be pretty bad out there…”

WTF IS THIS BIATCH SMOKING??????

169. Thanks for reminding me, Esteban . . .

[cracks whip]

KEEP STIRRING, CANEZ1!

NO LUMPS!

[cracks whip]

170. F@CK SMD for trying to get in their heads.

Incompetent hack.

171. don’t players at major universities get free shoes though? or is that only b-ball?

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

Trick’s asking the same questions of Dorsett….”would you ever considering going somewhere else.”

No other reporter asked anything like this shyt….smh

Esteban
    August 26, 2011 at 6:30 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

lol….Este you’re killing me with the non-sequitors…

DaytonCane says:

Este, yes. They get free cleats and other athletic shoes, as well as athletic apparel.

But they dont get 49 pairs of them. I would expect something like this at FSU.

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

These reporters are so damn stupid. Players get injured ALL THE TIME. That’s why good coaches prep everyone to be able to play. This is no different. If anything it makes it easier to prep cause it’s like an injury happening a week before the game, so others have time to prep.

I wish the U’s media coach would tell the players to give these dumbasses that answer. Figs almost did it naturally- “My job is to protect the QB. Whoever’s back there doesn’t make any difference to me.”

Of course SDM asked that stupid question….”Jacory is suspended, so how will that affect you?”

lol…What an idiot…

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

Why does Golden and others wear a long sleeve shirt under their main shirt? Aren’t they roasting?

177. I’m going to be MIGHTY pissed if I’m forced to go to North Carolina when this storm hits..

The OTHER big tree company in town already formed a convoy and is en route to Connecticut..

Gonna’ be MAAAAAAAAAAD if I miss the season opener..

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

Bennie are you one of those disaster specialists?

179. I know it can’t just be me, but somebody needs to get to manny navarro and tell em to join crossfit or something, that man is scaring me with his weight gain!

180. I wouldn’t call it a specialist. I work for Wolf Tree which is based out of Tennessee, owned by Davey Tree company which is more of a mothership lol. they find little tree companies, buy them, brand them, and pump them full of money so Davey can in turn make money.

I’ve been to the storm that rolled through Tennessee not too long ago, been to ice storms in Georgia..

Primarily, all we do is remove fallen trees/limbs or cut it up for easy removal, remove trees/limbs from powerlines so they can be rehung or rerouted.. Basically just make it easy for line companies.

181. cav, it doesn’t surprise me this guy works with trees!

speedwrecks says:

Cavv,

I thought it was a “black thing” in Miami when Onion was killing it w/long sleeves under thick polo shirt. Then Golden is killing that long john like he still in Philly in late Fall. Now, I am thinking it’s the mosquitoes of Coral Gables coverage plan. Me, I’d just an off spray or something.

I thought they wore the long sleeves as a sun blocker…

August 26, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    cav, it doesn’t surprise me this guy works with trees!

—- why u do da man like dat…lol

185. It’s alright Nash, I’m shocked he can actually spell tree.

Bennie
    August 26, 2011 at 7:18 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>

Like those orane trucks, what are they called, Asplundh or something?

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

Cal, you crazy. Bennie and both had big plantations with lots of pretty slave-girls running around. I thought we cleared up all this a few blobs ago??? lol

188. Asplundh is orange, yea. That’d be the crews they just sent to Connecticut. Ours are white, yellow headache racks, green and yellow striping.

Asplundh is everywhere. Pay you like a slave too.. (no pun intended).

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

Bennie, yeah I see them everywhere. Interesting about the pay. I’ve always wondered who pays them? Municipalities or utilities or both?

190. More often than not they’re contracted through city utilities, sometimes it’s both though. City utility companies keep them for routine trimming on distribution or (what I do) transmission line clearance. We do travel for emergency storm cleanup and takedowns though.

191. The Kansas State tailgate will be Wizard of Oz-themed in honor of Arthur Brown, aka Dorothy.

Get ready for yummy puns like flying monkey bread…

SpeedWrecks says:

KLCaneFan says: August 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM

I thought they wore the long sleeves as a sun blocker…
    ————–

Why can’t Golden just become a redneck, and just deal with that Fl sun? Can’t be a yankee thing, as plenty of them come down to So Fl and could care less about blocking any sun, lol

SpeedWrecks
    August 26, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    KLCaneFan says: August 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM

I thought they wore the long sleeves as a sun blocker…
    ————–

lol

194. JSQ,

Strong work there!!

There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home….

195. CI has a thread going, accepting donations for a plane hauling a banner for most likely the OSU game.

They’re discussing what the banner should say..

We Stand U-nited. Things of that nature.

196. i thought the long sleeves was to keep the weight off.

speedwrecks
    August 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    Cavv,

KLCaneFan
    August 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    I thought they wore the long sleeves as a sun blocker…

>>>>>>>>>>>

Speed, that’s definitely what I’d do. But I see so many doing it- Swasey, Shannon did sometimes and I thought well, maybe they’re used to the heat, but when I saw Goldie rockin the long sleeves, coming from Philly, I knew something was behind it.

Maybe you’re right about the mosquitoes. KL might be right too.

Shoot SFla mosquitos would bite right through those shirts!

199. Body retains moisture up under sleeves, it can keep you cooler.

I’ve been known to rock baselayer (INSANE IS IT NOT?) during the middle of summer to keep cool. Shockingly, it does work. Sleeves get moist and stay that way, keeps a cool layer on your skin.

200. Thanks, Shawn. I think the over the rainbow cupcakes will be a big hit.

Now to find a theme to incorporate my biscuit and gravy casserole into a tailgate.

Shwarma, DAT, etc., I hope you’ve been eating healthy in the off-season…

201. Probably Bethune Cookman. That will be a nooner.

202. Chickillo, Dorsett say UM freshmen are ready to step up if needed

Dorsett: “I’m real comfortable with the [playbook] now. I think I’ve got it down — especially since I came in the first summer session.”

Chickillo was already running with the first team before the allegations hit. Dorsett said Friday he’s been running with the first and second team at two receiver positions — the Z [flanker] and the X [slot]. He’s also competing for playing time on kickoff and punt returns.

203. PG Shane Larkin signs, but must sit; Canes unveil baseball class

CORAL GABLES — We interrupt your Hurricanes football frenzy for news on the baseball and basketball teams.
    . . .

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/08/larkin-signs-but-must-sit-um-unveils-baseball-class.html#ixzz1WCXwHNCY

204. allcanes articles are usually more interesting than this one & the above posted

. . . but should serve well for those who can’t sleep:

26AUG 2011
    COTE GOES FOR SHOCK VALUE OVER LOGIC

205. but this news might pump you up too much to go back to sleep:

Womens Volleyball. Miami Volleyball Wins Season Opening Match tinyurl.com/44o4rgk

206. yawn . . . more non-information for the insomniacs

If Jacory Harris is out, Miami could be down to just two QBs vs. Maryland

207. more regarding the “tearful” story canez1 posted yesterday:

Dog of fallen Navy SEAL to lead Iowa onto the field in opener?
    Posted by John Taylor on August 26, 2011, 1:55 PM EDT

There are a lot of really cool entrances in college football, from Michigan players running onto the field and high-fiving a “Go Blue” banner to Clemson players touching Howard’s Rock before racing down The Hill to many, many others.

If the following comes to fruition, however, it would easily trump those traditions on the chill-factor scale and go down as one of the most emotional and memorable entrances in recent memory.

Earlier this month, Navy SEAL and lifelong Iowa fan Jon Tumilson was one of 31 members of the United States military — including 21 of his fellow SEALS — killed when their helicopter was shot down following a mission inside of Afghanistan. Tumilson’s funeral was earlier this week and a photo of his beloved dog laying in front of the casket throughout the entire service made headlines and caused many a room across the world to suddenly get extremely dusty.

After watching videos and seeing pictures of the poignant scene, former Hawkeyes football player Jon Lazar had an utterly brilliant idea: allow Tumilson’s dog — aptly named Hawkeye — to lead the Iowa football team onto the field before the season opener against Tennessee Tech. Lazar told Pat Harty of the Iowa Press-Citizen that he has already broached the subject with Iowa officials and requested they make this happen

“It just tears you apart to see that (video),” Lazar said. “But I thought how great it would be for that dog to lead the Hawkeyes down to the field and to have the announcer tell the story of this dog.

“I think everybody would be crying in the stands.”

[/goose bumps]

Would there be a better way, eight days before the 10th anniversary of 9-11, for Iowa to honor the memory of both Tumilson and all his fellow serviceman who have given the ultimate sacrifice by having the soldier’s beloved dog lead his favorite football field out onto the field?

I implore Iowa officials to take Lazar’s idea and run like hell with it. And, I would also urge any Iowa alumni reading of this idea to contact the school and implore to it run like hell with it as well.

This. Needs. To. Happen.

208. th th th th that’s all folks . . .

209. i’m out for a week

. . . so that i don’t spend more than 5 hours 49 minutes catching up with this blog on my return, i would ask you all to remember
    (at least for 1 week)
    “less is more”

. . . especially you calvin

exception to the rule:

. . . free pass to have “diarrhea of the mouth” anytime she wants

Shameless suckup

Hey EOTH fam on the east coast, y’all straight???? Let us all know soon as u can….

Btw Canez1 u remember that helmet u tried to give me???? U betta put it on ur self hommie!!! (jk):-)

212. Can’t believe i thought autumn was a woman. weeelllllll, yes i can! ;)

213. Nash LOL I’m all strapped up!!

Should be just a lot of rain and some wind. No big deal.

You would think the end of the world is near from the media.

They closed all of the airports and public transportation in NY.

THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!

Anyway I am planning on getting fuked up today and into the night so I probably won’t remember much of this ghey ass storm.

Stocked up on the Grey Goose, Remy and Jaeger so this should get pretty ugly.

I have bigger things to worry about tho.

Tic Toc Twerps.

Coolers cleaned, Beer is chillin and grill assembled.

Gettin there.

214. I believe Estes boy “the PR pine rider” Fig Newton was practicing at T on Friday.

Yaaaaaa that is not going to end well.

Heres to JJohnson holding it down.

Prayers.

215. Uchamps, the majority of the fellas on here taught autumn was a girl, it wasn’t just U man!

216. It’s really sad when people feel the need to demean others to make themselves feel better.

You can tell a lot about men who do that …

The end.

Stocked up on the Grey Goose, Remy and Jaeger so this should get pretty ugly.

^^^^^^^

—— prayers…… Heeheehee

218. Watching Oklahoma Training on ESPNU.

My boy Six told me about it and he was right. Great show!

Oklahoma drill up.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nowhere to run!

Damn I am fukin ready!!

219. Insanez1, with all that alcohol you got stocked up i’m sure we’ll see you on the news with that helmet on Uchamps was talking about riding a tricycle down the street!

220. Oklahomas drills were INTENSE.

Hoping we’ve had some of that on Greentree..

221. Cal I will be out looting later on.

Lock ur shyt up!

Look out for the masked white boy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

222. College gameday on now.

Good to see the boys gettin at it.

Bennie no doubt!!

Nothin gets the team hyped quicker.

Bull in the ring is a close second.

Blastin bytches.

223. JSQ
    August 27, 2011 at 10:34 AM

You can tell a lot about men who do that …

The end.
    —————-

Yeah, you really can!! :)

SpeedWrecks says:

August 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Stocked up on the Grey Goose, Remy and Jaeger so this should get pretty ugly.

^^^^^^^

—— prayers…… Heeheehee
    ——————–
    SOME WILL NEED THAT FOR SURE AFTER IRENE GETS THRU THAT SAME N.EAST THAT GOT SMACKED BY EARTHQUAKE MINERAL

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

But after Irene posts her visit, most won’t even dare say this storm is ghey after she cuts your ballz off by leaving you all powerless, and as princesses of the Dark!

it will be days of suffering and the dark dooms of wishing for a tomorrow of light that’d seem anything but fleeting…

How you’d wish you had never dish disrepect her… in your hallow cries of mercy

and now all you got, are your prayers to deliver you from her aftermath… Storming Hurricane Irene!

GO HURRICANES!
    BEAT MD!

Irene?

Pffffffffffffft

In NY it will be a big letdown. Other than the serious partying that will be going on in Manhattan.

Much ado about nothing.

Media always has to hype.

226. STA on ESPN

227. STA is looking rough tackling wise.

Was there practice today?

Old FartNC says:

My suggestion for an airplane banner at the OSU game:

“WELCOME TO AMATEUR FOOTBALL”

Talked to a very well connected buddy of mine today who basically said the current kids are going to get a slap on the wrist at best from this fiasco. The school, for allowing that steaming pile of shit around the program so long, not so much…

Interesting:

Owls schedule last year.. shut a couple teams out and 3 of 4 losses were close games

232. Didn’t know Temple beat UConn like that.. Hell, they put up more on Oklahoma.

233. Got another pic with Golden. Our players are so nice.

And Terry Richardson is a damn good dancer.

234. Glue hands has been eating at Subway.

Got his and laron and Morris and bwash and MR56′s autographs and a bunch of others who were in the line. And Golden. And another meaningful talk with my boyfriend Art Kehoe.

JSQ doing her part holding #IStandWithTheU banner!

236. Don Bailey Jr. just told me I am like a sister to him.

Life complete.

237. I’m questioning my decision not to get a spray tan this week.

I haven’t seen that many flashes since this particular group of blonde UM sorority girls that I’ve um, never met, decided to skinny dip at an FSWho party after we beat that a$$ in Trailernasty in 2001.

Bad day for some: gratuitous DBJ mention & rumor J12 is starting on Labor Day

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

239. Wow, double post may be impending. Pardon if it does..

240. or not. hax! I CALL SHENANIGANS.

241. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mWGSP8BLA

further reason i like mike james

not only has he dealt with ignorant reporters constantly asking and rewording the same questions

but now HE’S asking THEM questions.

242. For my good buddy C1.

Jacory Harris: What do the fans that stand behind the team in the midst of the investigation mean to Harris?

“It means a lot,” Harris said. “It sucks if you see people that normally cheer for the U turn their backs at the end of the day. But you see more and more people tweeting every day `I stand by the U,’ just supporting us. That makes us feel 100 percent better.”

243. Patients is the KEY….

Really homie???

HA!

Figueroa makes big move at LT

Malcolm Bunche was assumed by many to be the starting left tackle for this Hurricane football team. But after moving to the spot two

^^^^^^

… …OOOOHHHH NOOOOO…..where have we seen this b4???? Oh yeah j12 gettin rushed to tha dirt in the Pitt gave that tore his labrum by figs look out block!!! 17/12 watch ya blind side!!!

245. Futch is falling

Futch says he wasn’t surprised coaches moved him – he says Gaines proved himself as a big-time playmaker, so his best shot to see the field was elsewhere.

“There isn’t much you can do to get in front of Jimmy,” Futch said. “Jimmy is the real deal. You’re talking about pure athlete.”

Spence says of Futch’s progress on the weakside that “He’s doing a great job. He’s being physical, is picking up the mental part. He’s doing a great job being vocal, making a lot of plays out there.”

* Working at MLB behind Gaines is Gionni Paul and Kelvin Cain. At SLB is Ramon Buchanan backed up by CJ Holton and Eddie Johnson.

Also if you listen to the Forston interview I guess one of the reporters off the bleachers. Hilarious! Forston said Damn boy you aight! HA!

Cane Fan KB says:

Not sure if this has been posted, but this made me laugh. New UF uniforms

247. bg1906 says:
    August 27, 2011 at 7:46 PM

For my good buddy C1.

——–

At this juncture, I don’t think he cares lolol

As for “patients is the key”

He DID try to fix it.. Just came out to patients LOL

248. patiences, rather. LOL

249. That is my point and he shouldn’t care.

Listen to Streeter when he talks about the difference between this Offense and last year’s.

Same link above^^^

250. ROFL WE HAVE GOT SOME CLOWNS

BG, you see that little clip where they were all walking to CanesFest and they panned to Lamar Miller? Dude is like a rock, Mike James talking about “OH AND IT’S MILLER TIME, GOTTA WIPE UP THE GROUND IN FRONT OF MILLER TIME”.

Dude doesn’t even crack a smile LOL

251. Bennie.

Yeah Hilarious!

252. Jedd Fisch cracking on smash and dash..LOL

253. Figs at LT? doesn’t sound too appealing.

254. oh my

RT @TodaysBullshit: BREAKING: Due to extensive TV coverage while weakening, Hurricane Irene has been renamed to Hurricane King James

255. BWash is my now on my favorite favorite list.

He, Stephen Morris, and Marcus Robinson are sweethearts.

And AJ is funny. We were joking around about what he was going to eat afterwards. Those are some hungry boys!

256. For the record, Jacory is also very nice.

I wasn’t placed in his line, though.

Nice to see all the guys who are “inelligible” as of now at the event.

257. Did AJ ask you for a dollar, JSQ?

Just curious..

258. So awesome to see the team in INCREDIBLE spirits despite what’s swirling around them. Amazing leadership job by Coach Golden.

Este, bg, y’all straight from the hurricane?

260. Nope, Bennie, dude was yawning the whole time I was talking to Highsmith. Just signed, listened to me talk to his teammates and yawned. I commented that they all must be tired after the first yawn and then we started talking about how hungry they were. Then the coaches brought them gatorades.

A cmac citing in nashville

262. Nice, Nash!

Speaking of pretty boys –

Al Golden keeps getting more handsome.

It’s unnerving.

Dude needs a scar or something.

Too attractive.

[prays Jimbo Fisher goes both ways]

Miss Clark I pray goldie wins…if not u’ll think he’s starting to look like Elmer fudd…heeheehee

264. True that.

He looks like he lost some weight though.

Must be the heat.

Or the stress.

Either of the 2….welcome to Miami

266. straight over here

267. Nash.

The wind is starting to pick up now and its rained all day. Just more rain than anything else, but the winds have gusted up to about 40 – 50 mph at times.

268. yeah lots of rain.

raizecane says:

August 27, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    Nash.

******************************************************************

BG – we get that all the time down here and call then ‘micro-bursts”…lol. I have to laugh at watching everyone up north freak out over a Cat 1. Hell, we break out the BBQ grills at a Cat 2 and open up some windows……

270. Raize.

Remember I grew up in Hollywood so I know the drill! Ha! I’m just riding it out playing Xbox my man! Ha!

raizecane says:

August 27, 2011 at 11:51 PM
    Raize.

****************************************************

Heard over 1/2 milion w/o power…..hopefully, u will stay on-line. BTW…I need a good defense to execute that will stop the run….lol

moneycane says:

Yeah bg flooding should be the main problem. The saturation from the antecedent rain could make it easier for fallen trees and power outages.

273. Raize.

4-3 Under Cover 2 Man…ALL DAY! I use both DTs and the Safeties. Key to stopping the run in NCAA 12 is holding contain. I use the Safties at times to come up but from the outside and force the play back inside towards the pursuit. Football 101. If you can’t contain the outside you are done.

274. The storm’s intensity is picking up now. Winds are pretty high.

raizecane says:

August 28, 2011 at 12:13 AM
    The storm’s intensity is picking up now. Winds are pretty high.

************************************

Batten down the hatches…

raizecane says:

BG – thanks for the tip……now how about for the pass??? LOL

Lost power at my house had to ride to my boys house.. everyone tellin me dont go out there ohhhh noooo this n that.. i couldnt deal with no electrcity on a saturday night

speedwrecks says:

James Palmer in New Smyrna went surfing for the awesome 4-5 ft waves brought on by Hurricane Irene yesterday.

Ten minutes into the surfing of Hurricane Irene’s waves, he disappeared. When he resurfaced, he expired.

raizecane says:

Speed….

I used to surf that beach for many years……been out myself during hurricanes…..sad news.

speedwrecks says:

2 millions people so far are without power, including 675,OOO in VA.

raizecane says:

August 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM

**************************************************************

Try 15 days……thats how long I went in 2004. You don’t realize how important ice is until you dont have any and cant get any.

282. I never turn my back on this U.

I turn my back on those who disrespect and do not represent the U with honor.

Don’t get it twisted.

I always stand by the U. What I don’t stand for is clowns disrespecting and embarrassing this U.

Fuk with me and I fuk with U.

283. C1.

You are the SAME guy every day! My type of guy!

Raize.

I only play 2 defense really. 4-4 and I use Quarter Normal for 3 and 5 WR Sets and the other Quarters D for 4 WR sets. I also pinch my DL and hot route them to QB contain for mobile QBs. If its a REALLY mobile QB like Denard Robinson or Terrell Pryor then I’ll also set my strategy for QB contain and Option to Aggressive and also when I pinch my DL I hot route the boundry side of the fields DE to QB Spy unless I’m in Quarters Normal where then the MLB who I sub package to Sean Spence spies the QB. Game takes a bit of practice too. You have to spend time with it to learn the nuances.

284. Not 4-4 D bro. That is a typo. I play 4-3 and Quarters.

raizecane says:

BG – thanks….i will give it a shot and glad u still have power…..peace

speedwrecks says:

Raize,
    I surf myself, though never in New Smyrna Beach. But daring 5 ft-waves from a hurricane well announced as being able of wreaking destruction of historic proportion AND the biggest one in 1OO yrs is, shall I say, foolish.

The bad thing about saying that is the fact that this 55 yr-old man had his young wife, along minor daughter with him. Now, his reckless dare of Mother Nature Irene subjects his wife to a widow, and a young child to a life without a father.

speedwrecks says:

My power is flicking on and off.

I am about to loose power, I think… help

288. Bg stay safe bro.

See u next week.

Speed u too.

Damn Mike James punked Barry Jackson hard as shyt

raize thats awful i couldnt imagine

that sounds pathetic but its true

oh and link of mj punkin bj

With this to follow that I saw posted earlier:

Why are all the writers for the herald pulling this shyt?

Coach Fisch on the WR:

Can you talk about Tommy Streeter? He had a huge camp it seems.
    “I think the wide receivers have all had a really good camp. I’m excited to watch them perform when it comes to game time. At practice they’ve all really gotten better. Tommy Streeter has really stepped up his game. He’s made a lot of catches, a lot of big plays. He’s an explosive receiver. It’s really fun to watch Allen Hurns. It’s fun to watch LaRon Byrd and Travis Benjamin and how they all work together. And the young guys too – Phillip Dorsett and Rashawn Scott have done a tremendous job. Coach [George] McDonald has those guys playing at a really high level.”

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/#ixzz1WJ2HE1eM

No Glue Hands? eh

294. PhillyCane says:
    August 28, 2011 at 3:23 AM
    Coach Fisch on the WR:

Can you talk about Tommy Streeter? He had a huge camp it seems.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/#ixzz1WJ2HE1eM

No Glue Hands? eh

Do you really expect this coaching staff to unveal the secret weapon!

295. Alot of people don’t realize, this offense and the philosophy of it is basically the same offense j12 ran at the west, basically a zone offense, so when you hear goldie & crew saying jacory had an excellent camp, it’s the same situation as when j12 came in the virginia game a few years back, early in the that drive the announcers were questioning whether marve was hurt or not and why is j12 in there, by the end of the drive the anouncers had been converted into true believers.

I go back to what insanez1 said about “j12 being the opposite of what goldie & coach d stands for” and that had alot of validity to it in the beginning because i’m sure goldie & dnofrio thought that too, but as camp went on, j12 made believers out of them too and shocked them, people always underestimate those stringbean type kids.

296. bg1906 says:
    August 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    Futch is falling

futch can take credit in helping gaines excel but that’s a true white flag statement right their. More importantly, go head and chalk up another 2 star recruit brought in by shannon that guys were criticizing randy for, go head an put andrew smith in that same category, 2 of the hardest working players on the team.

LOL Cal im rootin for him just like i am everyone else

Just drove home from my boys house in Irene.. not gona say i felt safe driving in her. But i did make it home perfectly fine

298. I remember when coach stoutland came in and one of the 1st things i liked was how he identified early on what positions he wanted guys to play at, now how he came to those conclusions i had no idea but that is a good thing but i got way more faith in a kehoe coached o-line and his eye of putting players in certain positions on the line than jeff stoutland anyday of the week. With figs and brandon washington moving outside now so it seems, that’s a good sign that brandon linder and more than likely harland gunn has improved as well. Whoever the start 5 is going to be on the o-line, it’s all good, going to be interesting to see if bunche even gets to start anywhere let alone getting hijacked for that left tackle spot from the looks of things!

299. PhillyCane says:
    August 28, 2011 at 4:32 AM
    LOL Cal im rootin for him just like i am everyone else

///////////////////////////

Hell, you almost might as well go surfing, you out there driving in it, and why not just spend the night, you crazy man.

Glue hands will be ready, believe that, unless of course he doesn’t get cleared!

300. nevin is pathetic though, if his vendetta was because he was mad at players that wouldn’t help him, than why did he call out the names of current players now who didn’t have money before he went in and still don’t have money now, they still in college, so what, he mad they didn’t take his collect calls or something.

301. Watching the storm track on FOX news this morning (C1, can we get an av of this FOX news girl?). Hope everyone in the Northeast is staying safe.

speedwrecks says:

Well, we survived without the loss of electricity, in spite of power flicking off & on the span of 20 secs seven hrs ago. Irene has left 3Millions powerless.

The Ibis Rules says:

Where’s the party at?

BOATS AND HOES!

August 28, 2011 at 4:15 AM
    August 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    Futch is falling

—- yeah my boi, add hurns to that list out workin slo mo 4….lol…but I guess that don’t count coz hurns from dade too right??? Heeheehee I had to get at ya on that one dawg:-)

305. By Manny Navarro
    mnavarro@miamiherald.com

Figueroa impressive

Sixth-year senior Joel Figueroa appears to have either won or be in the lead for the starting left tackle job. Freshman Malcolm Bunche was expected to win the job coming into camp with sophomore All-American Seantrel Henderson out with a back injury.

But Figueroa, who has made 15 starts in his career (13 at guard), has been impressive, according to teammates. Junior Brandon Washington, who was moved to right tackle after Henderson’s injury, said he has seen a different level of play from Figueroa, who has lost nearly 15 pounds since having surgery.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/28/2378370/miami-hurricanes-joel-figueroa.html#ixzz1WKaCT9xl

Btw on the recruiting front, I’m starting too look at things a lil differnt….i watch some hs games on tv y’day exp the game with the #1 rated de/player in the country Mario Edwards from Tex… I must say I was not impressed….you would think a guy rated that high would jump out at you watchin a live game but he didn’t too me….saw him several times gettin blocked and not gettin off the block buy a guy supposedly not as good as him….it’s the same up here at a skool my hs team played fri night….kid is rated a 3 star playin vs my skool (that doesn’t have a guy goin to a div 1 skool)….now the guy is committed to vandy and is supposed to have a offer from The U….I DIDN’T SEE THE BOY MAKE A PLAY ALLL NITE!!!! u would think a kid goin D1 would jump out vs a team that doesn’t have a d1 player on the roster….now I’m sure the kid has a great highlight tape but the GAME TAPE tells the whole truth!!

307. New blog up