214 Comments

KLCaneFan

Nice Este! 🙂

Nice first, KL!

Orange or green?

KLCaneFan

September 16, 2011

I’m feeling festive… how about one of each!

😀

September 16, 2011

Just got off the phone with Delray.

He’s at the golf course for the suckeye thing, all decked out in ‘Canes gear!

REPRESENT!!! :-D!!!!

September 16, 2011

A double coming up for KL!

Made the orange ones with ketel one and some berry absolut that someone brought to a party at my house because I ran out of ketel one. Smelled pretty tasty!!!

KLCaneFan

canechic

September 16, 2011

This morning I have become tailgate organizer for my Miami family and I am not even going to the game….wow stressed and I am not even going to be there!!!

raizecane

September 16, 2011 at 9:53 AM

***************************************************************

It’s not too late to change your mind and tickets are still available.

What Raize said.

I’ve had one of the roughest weeks EVER but none of that ish matters because tomorrow, even more so than normal, it is ALL ABOUT THE []_[].

canechic

raize I am out of money….my Oregon trip this week has tapped me out! 🙂

September 16, 2011

Canechic, you could get the tix Delray is selling for his boss for a donation to hospice. Ride down with someone from EOTH, stay with your family, your food and drink is on me.

canechic

September 16, 2011

Thank you JSQ that is very kind but Angry is drilling, Nick has some parties to attend with his friends and there is Rugby. Rugby has special needs and requires special attention from his Mommy. I am going to make it down for another game 🙂

What game?

canechic

September 16, 2011

Not sure yet JSQ, still deciding.

September 16, 2011

Esteban – great job. Graphics also look professional.

CK

Nice job Este!

September 16, 2011

I already picked TB3 about 2 days ago.

September 16, 2011

CORAL GABLES, Fla. — As usual, UM students get into Canes Football games for FREE… But due to the HUGE demand for the home opener against Ohio State, the UM Ticket Office has opened up additional tickets for friends and family that also want to attend the game.

See the deal below… Lets pack Sun Life Stadium against Ohio State.

A special ticket offer is available for students this week only. Students can now purchase tickets to this weekend’s football game versus Ohio State at a discounted rate. Tickets will be sold at $47.50 (plus applicable fees) and can be purchased at the University Center ONLY. These are NOT sold as student guest passes. The tickets are in assigned seats located in Sections 448, 449, 450, or 451. Only students are eligible to purchase these tickets, and must be purchased before Friday, September 16th at 5:00pm.

September 16, 2011

Esteban, great job as always!

What’s with the no shirt and tie this week?! 😉

September 16, 2011

Friday casual, JSQ. Get with it.

September 16, 2011

Today is National Guacamole Day.

Great timing for the Avenge the Fiesta Bowl tailgate!

My friends in Ohio are actually making all the recipes from the tailgate for their game watch party up there! LOVE IT!!! 😀

bg1906

Nashvillecane

The Brahma Bull

September 16, 2011

Come on Tennessee Volunteers….WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Esteban

thanks everybody.

and yeah i thought about travis as the player of the game, but had to go with #99. if we can get them in 3rd and long a lot i think turnovers will come.

No freaking wonder.

We are getting a gagillion hits this morning and I was like WTF?

Billy reposted Delray’s preview article as did eleventy other people.

Way to go Delray!!! 🙂

Esteban

September 16, 2011

JSQ, the one post on that blog had me laughing.

MauricioSWG 3 minutes ago

Me fail English? That’s unpossible!

September 16, 2011

Golden on “The Herd” right now. ESPN2 .

Temporary ban on my boycott of the mothership.

LMAO, just saw that!

I’m sure anyone who has lived in Miami is not surprised by that article. What was shocking is Madison being #1.

I guess cheese makes you smarter! 🙂

September 16, 2011

We’re all just dumb as rocks down here.

Plus we’ll also F… you up.

Embrace the hate.

Esteban

September 16, 2011

no one’s skipping school in -10 degree wind chill. can stay home or go to school. and since staying home in wisconsin includes milking the cows the kids go to school and get that edumacation.

CK

Lol @ C3 and the boycott

September 16, 2011

I need a TV in my office.

I haven’t seen my Boadie in a week!!! 🙁

Esteban

September 16, 2011

jsq, use that iphone. need to rip your dvd’s so you can add them to your itunes library.

Wow.

Blonde moment.

I have Season 4 of The Wire on my phone.

Forgot allll about that.

bg1906

Ohio State’s Nathan Williams (knee) out

By Adam Rittenberg
    ESPN.com
    Archive Ohio State starting defensive end Nathan Williams will miss his second consecutive game and possibly more time after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery Wednesday.
    Defensive coordinator Jim Heacock confirmed Williams’ surgery to reporters after Wednesday’s practice. Williams suffered the injury in the season opener against Akron and sat out last week against Toledo.

Redshirt freshman J.T. Moore is expected to start in Williams’ spot at Miami. Williams, a senior, entered the season with 89 career tackles.
    Another likely starter, wide receiver Corey Brown, is doubtful for the Miami game with a left ankle injury.

September 16, 2011

People need to stop taunting me with tales of drinking at the new Rat.

SOME OF US AREN’T PROFESSORS!

Yet.

Love this tweet:

Al Golden (@FakeGoldenAl)
    9/16/11 12:43 PM
    Gotta love @ESPN driving the Death Penalty Bandwagon @ then broadcasting live from our campus.

#UHateUsButNeedUs

KLCaneFan

C3

LMAO!

Always! 🙂

September 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM
    Love this tweet:

Al Golden (@FakeGoldenAl)
    9/16/11 12:43 PM

#UHateUsButNeedUs
    ////////////////////////////

They just wanted to get away from the cold but goldie, that’s a tough guy right, he got a good mindset about em, although he does need to re-word when he’s trying to defend the players, he keeps saying, “look, this guy took money from educated people as well” that’s one of those wth you just said comments, but we know he means well too, but he’s said it more than once. Damyum near right next to the troll’s statement of “we’re recruiting a different type of athlete”!

September 16, 2011

That’s tough guy righ there!

September 16, 2011

“The troll” also known as donna shalala. It’s been good to see her hiding out though and not in the locker room waitng for the fella to get dressed and what not before she has to come in with her instant cold water reaction presence and try and act like she has some type of words to fire up the team!

September 16, 2011

Steve Gorten taking paternity leave?

Soft tape

Michael Bradley

September 16, 2011

Just spoke with UM commit Larry Hope’s father. Some of you may know, Larry suffered a facial laceration in his game last night and had to be airlifted to the hospital.

Larry’s dad assured me that he’s okay. He had to have several stitches and may miss a couple of games while the cut heals. Larry suffered no other head injuries as a result of the play.

He also told me that Larry was energetic, standing, and asking for the score of the game while in the hospital. He has already been released by his doctor.

Good to hear, Mike.

6 inch laceration sounded pretty scary!

Get well soon, Larry!

September 16, 2011

Doesn’t sound soft tape to me, Cubed.

From what I know of those initial weeks from friends, work is a vacation compared to being at home.

Steve Gorten = black jersey daddy.

JSQ – noooooooooooooo

You don’t mean it

Meant.

My friend Jenn has two kids under 2 AND works a full time job.

She was actually happy to go back to work.

I spent one hour with her during week 1 of kid #2’s life and I can tell you,

Jenn’s husband = soft tape, always trying to work late

Steve Gorten = black jersey daddy

September 16, 2011

It’s a REALLY good thing that men don’t have to give birth.

None of us would be here.

It would have all ended with Adam being like

“it comes out of where?!?! um, no thanks, I’ll pass.”

Canechic

September 16, 2011

Your babies are only babies once…love and enjoy them every minute, you can never get that time back. I think a man who takes paternity leave is HOT. 🙂

shwarma5

September 16, 2011

Canes FAM – Have old sneakers/cleats from your kiddies? Help the Orange Bowl and bring them to Sun Life Stadium for their new Kicks for Kids program. Drop is at the 560 WQAM booth at Gate H. Shoes go to kids of YMCA of Greater Miami.

What Canechic said.

Esteban

September 16, 2011

staying at home with new baby and new mommy is no joke. no breaks between the two of them. one or the other is always crying for something.

I see it in my office.

It’s pretty easy to miss the first 3 years of your children’s lives as an attorney.

The guys who take paternity leave and move their schedule around to be with their kids = much respect.

Good daddies = hot.

September 16, 2011

one or the other is always crying for something.

If you just had to push a watermelon out of an opening the size of a roll of dimes you’d be a tad cranky too.

September 16, 2011

Let’s see AG or one of his coaches take paternity leave during the season. Not going to happen.

Lead attorney in the middle of an important case. No.

C suite executive: only during a very slow time, and then just a few days.

Taking paternity may be on the books, but depending on what you do for a living it’s a career killer. Trust me on this.

A week off is one thing. More than that? In a lot of positions it’s an unwritten no-no.

There’s the la-de-da idealistic way we think things should be, and then there’s the rules that get you the golden key. Not everywhere, but in a lot of places.

September 16, 2011

Is paternity leave supposed to be longer than 1-2 weeks? I thought that was paternity leave.

Canechic

September 16, 2011

Not to mention the jillions of hormones exploding in your body and all working against each other, doing everything they can to make you feel like an absolute lunatic…..the month after giving birth really a frightening time for women! And then add 2 screaming babies….oh how did I survive?

September 16, 2011

And Al Golden and our coaches are smart enough to know that you only get the wives knocked up to deliver in January-July.

September 16, 2011

I so wanna shoot down the goodyear blimp..

..Right over the stadium.

September 16, 2011

You can go longer than a week, and people sometimes combine vacation to extend it as well. Also it really depends on individual company’s policies. Also whether it’s paid or unpaid.

If you can do it without repercussions, then fine.

But real world, when guys come back from being gone 3 – 4 weeks, whether family leave or an extended vacation and wonder why they can’t move up, it’s because they’re on the double secret probation soft tape list.

LOL.

Yeah, that’s excessive. Suck it up and hire a nanny for your gal.

September 16, 2011

Bennie, you will be the one laughing come Sunday.

Esteban

September 16, 2011

yeah i took one week off after the wife had Joi. but the birth was a lil complicated so probably would have been better to do 2 weeks. the wife is tough though. she wanted to do for self after a couple of days. just had to keep her from doing it.

Good point, Esteban.

My mom popped me out in an hour and was like “let’s go.”

My sister was in labor for 30 hours and nearly died.

I think in the latter situation most offices would be understanding if you almost just lost your spouse.

Hurri

September 16, 2011

Dads who put off getting the cookies n cream #6’s to make sure his kids have lunch money

=HOT

September 16, 2011

If we have no turnovers tomorrow we win by 10.

raizecane

Canechic says:
    September 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

*************************************************************

I took 4 weeks off and got up every night……. 🙂

September 16, 2011 at 4:09 PM
    If we have no turnovers tomorrow we win by 10.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

raizecane
    September 16, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    Canechic says:
    September 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

*************************************************************

I took 4 weeks off and got up every night…….
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

well done raize!

. . . i was lucky – i was able to be very flexible with work and wound up being the main caregiver during weekdays for the first 2 years for both my kids (from different wives)

. . . always thought it'd be great to just have the kid come out 3 yrs. old . . . 'cause i was never so much into drooling, loud babies

. . . then i had my own and loved it!
    . . . didn't mind getting up at night (well, not with the first kid anyway; 2nd one i was 13 years older and needed my beauty rest a lot more)
    . . . didn't mind diapers or food splashing or the rest either; surprised me

. . . though i also enjoyed that they grew up and didn't stay babies

. . . best thing was the incredible intimacy of the birthing process + the first week or so at home as a "changed" family
    . . . a definite "life-high-point"

bg1906

September 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM

If i didn’t know any better, i’d have thought you were roomates with shwarm5 & bean ween!

KLCaneFan

September 16, 2011

Good for those dads that can take time off to help the wifey. Sailor wasn’t able to but it didn’t keep him from getting up & helping out in the middle of the night… Even if he had work in the morning. He loved doing stuff for his little babies.

Sailor = amazing dad

September 16, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    September 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM

———————–

Wow.

shwarma5

September 16, 2011

Cal, that was actually amusing…

Please please please

We win, turds lose

September 16, 2011

Wouldn’t it be crazy if Toledo beat BSU tonight. Not very likely. But would love to see those whiny fans STFU

canechic

September 16, 2011

Good job raize and sailor and autumn!!!

Angry was not so good in the middle of the night but was an amazing bottle maker, 18 a day in our house and living on a military paycheck E1…..still don’t know how we did it! (oh I know it was those deliveries of diapers my dad made to me every other week stuffed with $100 dollar bills shhhh my mom still does not know) I miss my Dad 🙁

Shawn D

September 16, 2011

3C, gotta stop with the hate on the smurf-turfers. You’d be whiny too if you had a team that good that had zero chance of getting to the MNC.

Just sayin.

CK

September 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Unfortunately I have to agree there. Well, at least at my company I can see it working out that way. So sad.

shwarma5
    September 16, 2011 at 5:14 PM
    Cal, that was actually amusing…
    ————

As amusing as an infant eating crayons amusing??

Or as amusing as Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade?

BoriCane

September 16, 2011

Mike Wilbon just said…..Ohio State is going….Down.

Go Canes!!!

French fried potaters

PlayaCane aka Rashad

September 16, 2011

Feels good to get back to South Florida, can’t wait to see everyone tomorrow..hopefully JRix doesn’t throw more than 2 int’s and the Canes pull out a win!

September 16, 2011

AHHHHHH FINALLY DONE WITH FIVE, COUNT THEM, FIVE, PLEADINGS!

IT’S OHIO STATE WEEKEND!! WOO HOO!

[JSQ says prayer that she doesn’t have to whip out the laptop and work during tailgate]

DaytonCane

PlayaCane aka Rashad

September 16, 2011 at 6:11 PM

———————————

I know Jacory has been up and down in his career, but comparing him to Chris Rix is just plain wrong.

I think Jacory still has something left in the tank because he knows that he can be pulled at any time. I think the kid can do it with this staff.

But I dont feel good about our o-line having to block their d-line for 4 quarters. Doesn’t bode well for us, even if Jacory plays well.

September 16, 2011

Rix had McPherson behind him for most of his career..

Even though McPherson liked throwing games away for money..

ChiTownCane

September 16, 2011

Bout to head Brickell for a few drinks. Anyone in area let me know. The Pre-game has started!!!

September 16, 2011

It’s on bishes. Works done. 18 holes and and a guaranteed victory tomorrow. Life is good.

shwarma5

September 16, 2011

Bennie, actually like mildly amused…if nothing Cal is a model of consistency

September 16, 2011

Any loser, of all things big, is a perfect comparison.

FACTS ARE FACTS.

Btw bad omen today.

Only car left, in the class I bought, was a Cane Orange Camaro.

Last time I pimped one was the wonderful 4 Int performance at unc a couple years ago.

Trouble…

Fun car tho, has some getup. I’ll smash the mufuker if shiz turns out the same.

shwarma5

September 16, 2011

Canez, since it will be warm, we should expect you when it gets dark out tomorrow? Know how you hate the heat….

Shwarm Lmao!!

That sounds about right!!

What time Is sunset round this jungle anyway?

FML

September 16, 2011

I’m getting extra Gatorade now. Settle.

Can’t find Gatorade.

Canez1 says:
    September 16, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    Any loser, of all things big, is a perfect comparison.

FACTS ARE FACTS.

Btw bad omen today.

Only car left, in the class I bought, was a Cane Orange Camaro.

Trouble…

Fun car tho, has some getup. I’ll smash the mufuker if shiz turns out the same.

///////////////////////////////////

HEY YOU, get back in your hole, i don’t wanna hear shhhheeetttt from you until after your UM qb a.k.a. “poke & bean prodigy” our azz headlines the show! ohigho st. secondary like hit stick, BEWARE! I’m glad he’s in chicago too.

DaytonCane

Bennie,

I dont think Golden is as stubborn as Bowden. He’ll pull Jacory quickly if he morphs into the Human Interception.

Lol cal I’m ready for ur boy to show up.,

Been a while.

Chic owes me.

😉

September 16, 2011

Bowden was TOO loyal for his own good.

But yea.

I don’t see any of our staff sitting there looking stupid while the game is LITERALLY being thrown away.. if such a situation arises.

Esteban

September 16, 2011

Bennie, McPherson was behind Rix one year – his freshman year. He become the starter his sophomore year. 12 TDs to 1 INT in like 4 starts before getting suspended.

Even still..

Better QB than Rix would’ve ever dreamt of being.. even if he was throwing games for teh money.

DaytonCane

BoriCane

September 16, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Mike Wilbon just said…..Ohio State is going….Down.

Go Canes!!!
    ——————————————–

Did he said that with the same wierd pauses in between?

September 16, 2011

Muffins, I got the pink kind for you.

It will help you to accessorize.

Mmmmmm gatorade.

September 16, 2011

Anyone thinking OU is going to run over a 100 plays this weekend?

shwarma5

I think the over/under for Canez arrival time is 4 pm

Miamimarcus

September 16, 2011

What color jerseys are being worn tomorrow?

DaytonCane

September 16, 2011

FSU is definitely not allowing OU to run up and down the field tomorrow, espeically with the depth they have on their defensive line. Gonna be a little harder for Landry Jones to find wide open guys this time with Joyner and Parks having another year in the system.

I still think OU wins though. They’ll play enough zone coverage to confuse Manuel into some bad throws. Too bad FSU doesn’t really have a couple of big time wideouts to really challenge the OU secondary; that would’ve been the difference.

September 16, 2011

I think Rodney Smith and Willie Haulstead will surprise people..

Their offensive line will need to work together and step it up if they want to win the big games this year.

FSU had something like 10 penalties against CHARLESTON SOUTHERN.

Hurri

September 16, 2011

May AND Lou take Miami….?

I’m playin the lotto…..

September 16, 2011

They’re giving us the kiss of death.

If Corso takes us, we’re SCREWED.

BoriCane

yes he did Dayton!!

Canez1 says:
    September 16, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    Lol cal I’m ready for ur boy to show up.,

Been a while.

Chic owes me.

lol, don’t worry, you take cash or stamps!

CK

September 16, 2011

Wait, Mark May took Miami??? Didn’t see that coming.

Nashvillecane

September 16, 2011

Cal u shud have been down on campus to day running Cowherd up off the spot…fool like him like running U in the ground then have the nerve to show up on the spot

KLCaneFan

September 16, 2011

CK, im as freaked out as you are… not sure if that is good or bad!

Pregaming in Key Largo is awesome! Wish all of you were here. See ya tomorrow! 🙂

September 16, 2011 at 8:45 PM
    ///////////////////////////////

Remember, what words of the keebless elf “we’re recruiting a different kind of athlete” you know, not the ones who would’ve went and stood in front of the set ou coin toss flip style and had them mofo’s scared for real.

CK

September 16, 2011

FINALLY, an interesting Saturday.

Saturday, September 17

7:30 PM ET No. 17 Ohio State at Miami (FL) ESPN 3
    8:00 PM ET No. 1 Oklahoma at No. 5 Florida State ABC

CK

Miami game on ESPN^^^

rejuvaphan

September 16, 2011

Looks like Boise State is the refs’ baby. Calls going their way. That no call of PI killed the Toledo drive.

I am

EXHAUSTED.

Y’all better be hungry.

September 16, 2011

Nearly cut my finger off and didn’t cry = black jersey

Cried at the end of A League of Thier Own = Soft Tape

September 16, 2011

Toledo is tougher than one would originally think.

But good GOD do I hate BSU.

PlayaCane aka Rashad

September 16, 2011

Trying something new tomorrow night. No Orange and Green..Coming in all black. Hopefully this works..haha

DaytonCane

September 16, 2011

If our team was coached as well as Boise, we’d never lose more than 3 games every year. I dont know why you guys hate them so much, because this is what sound and disciplined football is. Its the way the game is supposed to be played.

I hate the New England Patriots with every fiber of my body, but I’m not stupid enough to think that they aren’t a tremendously well coached football team. As much as I hate them, I can appreciate that. Nothing more demoralizing than watching Brady tear apart your defense and knowing there’s nothing you can do to stop it.

Shawn D

September 16, 2011

I’m with you Dayton, don’t get the Boise hate.

Wish we played like they do every game.

September 16, 2011

Boise has to step up to the plate once or twice a year.

Usually the first game, maybe one in the middle or last part of the season, and their bowl game.

Of course they look great against cream puffs.

See what happened when they played a Nevada team that decided to rise to the occasion?

I honestly don’t think they’d fare as well if they were in a conference even such as the ACC. Maybe for a few weeks, but not week in and out. Different athletes they’re going up against.

The Brahma Bull

September 16, 2011

Wait, Mark May took Miami??? Didn’t see that coming.

>>>>>>>Just means he hates OSU even more

Shawn D

September 16, 2011

Ugh, the schedule argument. That, to me, is as tired as the J12 vs SM17.

Don’t even want to get into it.

September 16, 2011

So you think their immense home winning streak is as impressive as the one Miami set back in the 80’s and early 90’s??

LULZ

Shawn D

September 16, 2011

No Bennie, I don’t. But nice strawman there.

Shawn D
    September 16, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Just sayin.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No way.

I’m what you call an unapologetic football sociopath. I only care about the canes. I have no sympathy nor empathy for other teams or fans, and some I really hate. Just the way it is.

Not gonna change.

September 16, 2011

BSU is getting away with murder in this game.

You see holding all over the place, blocking in the back..

September 16, 2011

Bennie – on that int the center was literally bear hugging the dt

Shawn D

3C, I can respect that.

I generally only care about the canes too. But I love college football as a whole, and watch as much as I can. Also, I love the underdog….and while they are not really an underdog anymore, I respect their program.

September 16, 2011

Toledo isn’t helping their own case any but if they were actually getting any help from the refs who should be doing their jobs both ways..

And there goes a turnover.

September 16, 2011

Boise has only run for like 40 yards this game..

And Toledo is being held like nobody’s business LOL

Shawn D

September 16, 2011

Bennie it goes both ways. Toledo was holding on three seperate players on their touchdown.

rejuvaphan

September 16, 2011

Toledo is beating themselves. Without those 2 red zone fumbles, they would be within one score. They are a good team!

Uchamps

September 16, 2011

Yeah, Peterson has Boise running like clockwork. It’s beautiful to watch. the schedule argument is null and void seeing as how Boise is a creampuff themselves right?

So how is a creampuff going to catch ish for playing cream puffs? It’s not like they’re from a BCS AQ school but they refuse to schedule good opponents.

Who the hell `can you recruit in Idaho or to Idaho?

Chris peterson and co are the best coaching staff in the nation if you ask me. Always prepared. always.

September 17, 2011

If ur worrying about boise.

U ain’t ready for tomorrow.

Get ur mind right faggots.

HUGE GAME.

BTW I think I saw a chicks muffin flash out of a napkin sized skirt tonight.

I also saw fire jugglers and freaks on stilts so I def could be wrong here.

South beach excitement…

Never mind all that. Get ur mind right pussies.

good mornin’ boys & girls

. . . this is the day when we HOPE canez1 has to come up with a new name for jacory, like:

“jAmazedMe”

(autumn silently makes sign of the cross)

mention canez1 and he throws out a post at the same time

barry jackson
    09/16/2011
    Saturday Canes and Dolphins notes

### Jacory Harris said “I’m so happy to be back” on the field Saturday that “I might shed a tear.” Harris believes he’ll make fewer mistakes not only because he insists he’s more willing to check down that a year ago, but also because he said he knows so much more about defenses that he did last year.

Though Harris didn’t say it, we’ve heard from UM people that Mark Whipple didn’t relate to the players as went as new offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch. Fisch is significantly younger and less likely to go on angry rants than Whipple.

And Fisch apparently has spent more time teaching the quarterbacks the nuances of defensive coverages. Fisch also quizzes them on what they’ve learned.

“I’m watching more tape, preparing more mentally now,” Harris said, believing that will lead to fewer missteps. “I have confidence, probably more than I have ever had since I’ve been here.”

### Harris’ 32 interceptions the past two seasons (including 15 last year) are the most by a UM starting quarterback during a two-year span in 41 years. But keep this in mind: His 50 touchdown passes are more than any UM quarterback except Ken Dorsey (85). Plus, Harris is third all-time at UM in passing yardage and sixth in pass completion percentage. Of course, if he doesn’t eliminate the mistakes, then the positive numbers don’t mean a thing.

UM was encouraged because he did not throw an interception in either of the August scrimmages. Coaches see a quarterback who is more patient and not as dead-set on forcing things that aren’t there.

### Watch for Marcus Forston Saturday. Back from his one-game suspension, he has vowed he will put this team on his shoulders and play at the level he played the last five games last year, particularly the Sun Bowl. Can Forston be the dominant defensive tackle this team badly needs? Al Golden said yes, but added that he missed part of the offseason recovering from knee surgery, and that cannot be discounted.

### It’s important Brandon McGee plays well early after being beaten deep late for one of the key plays in the Maryland game. Teammates say he has been prone in the past to getting down on himself and losing focus if he gets beaten early. “He’s made a lot of progress,” Golden insisted. “He’s a little more mature.” But cornerback remains as big a worry as any on the UM roster.

### UM will honor Russell Maryland on Saturday night for being inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. But UM said no other former players will be allowed on the sideline – barring a late change in plans – because of tightening of policies in the wake of the Nevin Shapiro scandal breaking.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2011/09/saturday-canes-and-dolphins-notes.html#ixzz1YBW6MUiO

PhillyCane

Cant sleep.. gameday

Will be at Temple PSU tom in my Miami hear… i think its on ESPN… look for me ill be the only person there in orange… Go Owls!

CK/Uchamps picks are in.. they go as follows:

10. []_[]
    9. Stanford
    8. Cocks
    7. Notre Shame
    6. Iowa
    5. Nebraska
    4. Utah
    3. Texas
    2. Auburn
    1. Oklahoma

Autumn and C1 on same brain wave.. i guess opposites do attract lol

C1 save the strippers for after the W tomorrow

GO FUQIN CANES BEAT THE SUCKEYES!!!!!!!

September 17, 2011

great article on allcanes summing up jacory & whipple & such

. . . best 1-liner:

“The new and improved Harris will finally debut this weekend. Will it go over like the iPhone or the unveiling of New Coke?”

this is also good:
    Brian Bennett made it clear, ”I’d rather purchase snake oil in bulk from a traveling salesman than pin my hopes on Harris.”

16SEP 2011
    “CANES NEED THE REAL J12 IN THE MIX

PhillyCane
    September 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Autumn and C1 on same brain wave.. i guess opposites do attract lol
    <<<<<<<<<<

very lol

and i'll say it again . . . go temple

herbie on milian:

“Kirk Herbstreit: No telling which Jacory Harris will show up Saturday”

Herbstreit said he “loved [Harris’] demeanor, his ability to make plays. But every time I would defend him, he would throw three interceptions. I’d defend him again and he would throw another three interceptions. So erratic.”

PhillyCane

September 17, 2011

So whats the deal Autumn are you not able to get the games where your at?

Where r u again? Australia maybe?

. . . and still more about jacory (dave hyde):

“Jacory Harris is everything you want a player to be – now if he can just win”

“Well, let’s see. He works hard. He’s think positive. He’s polite. He’s funny. He’s accountable. He supports his teammates. He made a mistake at 18 and patiently answers questions, apologizing to everyone from fans to the school president, who still takes no questions.

Can someone explain why Jacory Harris is a trash can for University of Miami fans’ emotions?

Isn’t he the type of college athlete you want to succeed?

It’s his town, too. That’s the funniest part. Harris grew up in Miami. He stayed home. He joined the local team. And all he’s heard are boos, slams, doubts and, when Miami coach Al Golden named him the starter for tonight’s game, reasons why it wouldn’t work.

. . . “

PhillyCane
    September 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    So whats the deal Autumn are you not able to get the games where your at?

Where r u again? Australia maybe?
    <<<<<<<<<<<<

austria . . . (it's "australia" minus the "al", who needs to stay in miami and coach)

i got half of the game on wqam last week thanx to some EOTH help

. . . but i made some mistakes and lost the program and half-time

. . . gonna try again tonight

PhillyCane

Sept. 16, 2011 3:06 p.m. – by Brian London –
    WRs depth allows offense flexibility

Nine players had at least one catch against Maryland and that was with the team’s second leading receiver in 2010, senior Travis Benjamin, not being on the field. Benjamin is encouraged by the number of receivers. “We can go two wide, three wide, or empty, and someone is going to be open on the field,” Benjamin said. Hurricanes RapidReports

PhillyCane

Austria got it

No ESPN there then id assume

Thats a shame I dont know how u do it!

Ne plans to go to a game in Miami soon?

PhillyCane
    September 17, 2011 at 2:02 AM
    Nvm Autumn I dont want to interrupt u while at work lol

So sorry to interrupt…. Proceed

<<<<<<<<<<<

lol

. . . work is now finished

. . .very weird to actually have someone on the board to talk to at this time

PhillyCane
    September 17, 2011 at 2:06 AM
    Austria got it

No ESPN there then id assume

Thats a shame I dont know how u do it!

Ne plans to go to a game in Miami soon?
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

no games in miami in 2011

. . . my mom is still alive at 95 and we visit her (in cutler bay, way down south of miami) once a year either at xmas or during semester break in february

i hate miami in the summertime and school/work issues rule out autumn

. . . but one of these days – maybe even 2012 – i'm gonna try to do something along the lines of coming to a game in early september . . . in miami or somewhere else

. . . i haven't been to a live football game since maybe 30 – 35 years

. . . and, of course, my son never

. . . so it's def in the back of my mind

PhillyCane

September 17, 2011

Game day Autumn.. it keeps me up every friday, the occasional wednesday… and Sunday the 4th lol

I still cant get over your unable to watch ne game…

Worse torture: Unable to watch Canes > Waterboarding

PhillyCane

September 17, 2011

Autumn U gotta get your a$$ to the states and a game asap!

If you do come next year for a early Sept game or whateva leme kno im in

But plenty of time to figure that out

As far as watching or listening to the game.. did u try websites like justintv.com to watch or wqam.com to listen?

Im sure theres a way to watch the game.. espn360?

I could prolly help figure it out but i just dont know what the deal is over there in Austria

philly – thanks

. . . i’ll let you know (hell, i’ll let the whole EOTH know) if i make to a game
    . . . and no, justintv etc. doesn’t work here

. . . though someone gave me a clue to a website that doesn’t let the stations know who you are

. . . but used up my “free time allotment” with wqam last time and i have some issues with paypal i gotta get cleared up today . . . so i can try it again

. . . in any case, i’ll wake up in the middle of the night again and do the whole canes thing

“Unable to watch Canes > Waterboarding”
    lol!

autumn checking out

KLCaneFan

Game day!!!!

Rise & shine… today’s going to be a GREAT day!

Nashvillecane

Rise and shine….

Game day and I’m flying around…

SailorCane

Shrimp-check
    Wings-check
    Italian Sasuage-check
    Chirasco-check
    Skirt steak-check
    beer-check
    jaeger-check
    patron-ru roh-will be check soon
    gatorade-check
    ice-check
    soda-check
    grill-check

Spending the day with friends and family watching The University of Miami smack down on tosu!

PRICELESS!!!!!!

We Ready!

September 17, 2011

Just the word jaeger brings up a lump of vomit into my throat

SailorCane

Dear blood of the gods!

Slump Buster for the not so light hearted

Yep its kinda nasty, but does the trick

SailorCane

Deer

ChiTownCane

Gameday!!!

Deserve Victory!

Stick to your core values!

Greatest brand in college football!

KLCaneFan

September 17, 2011

C3 how about some chiiled Patron? I’m even bringing the training wheels for those who can’t drink it dry (not you, Uchamps)

Game day = happiest day of the week

KLCaneFan

September 17, 2011

You’re not brainwashed at ALL, Chi!

LMAO! See you soon!

🙂

ChiTownCane

September 17, 2011

I’m all in KL. Go big or go home baby! Lol.

Got a new Canes shirt that is undefeated. We can’t lose.

KL – great offer. Bring a w with that

BoriCane

Game day!!! Go Canes!!!

Autumn, glad the privatetunnel solution worked for you!! No worse feeling than being than being “blind and deaf” on Game day!!

shwarma5

Game Day BYTCHES!

KLCaneFan

C3 you got it!!

Delray

September 17, 2011

Is a orange poncho soft tape?

September 17, 2011

Just nearly had a heart attack.

Was in the shower and heard a faint ding even with the shower going and ESPN on full volume.

Thought it was something that would keep me home today.

Just IT.

Please God, don’t let work interfere with game day!!! I’ll be a good girl today. Just please let me enjoy my game day!

September 17, 2011

Delray, it is pouring at my house too.

shwarma5

September 17, 2011

Rumors that Syracuse and Pitt want in ACC. If you could add UCONN or Rutgers and WVU (academically I realize these might be a problem), you could have great north/south divisions:

North:

Clemson
    FSU
    Miami

shwarma5

Miami Gardens weather has nothing higher than 20% right now

September 17, 2011

Anyone else yelling at the criminoles on TV?

Oh.

Yeah, me neither.

SailorCane

September 17, 2011

so acc increased buyout for teams to leave conf from 13mil to20mil don’t look like fsu or clemson will be goin anywhere

Pitt and syracuzse have made application to join acc

Texas and t tech should round out 16

This will make one big time $$ conference

shwarma5

September 17, 2011

Sailor I thought I read Texas wants to join ACC but on partial basis where they would only play 4 conference games a year….to me, F that. I say Texas should take their act out west.

shwarma5

September 17, 2011

Radar has some light showers from 11-12 in Sun Life area, but then clear till 3 (no radar available after that)

SailorCane

Schwarm

Issues with Texas stem from their longhorn network

reason big 12 dismantling

Texas is a bully with the rest of big 12

right now texas kinda out there by themselves as PAC12 wants no part of LHN and SEC schools well except for a few exceptions are pretty much on the short bus when it comes to academics

Since LHN is Texas only I really dont think the ACC gives a flying eff about it, as long as it does not cross into the meat and potatoes of ACC country

Realistically, I think the LHN opens up big time recruitung and exposure for the ACC in Texas for southeastern ACC teams and really doesnt do much for Texas as far as recruiting in the Southeast

Texas normally holds the cards in these situations but I believe they are not in a Strong position now based on whats happening with the Big12

OU and OakState will be heading to PAC 12 and my guess is their joining the PAC12 will come with a contingency of “No Texas”

moneycane

September 17, 2011

I ain’t feeling the spirit today. What’s wrong with me? Where’s my motivation

CK

1. ND

The Brahma Bull

UM-33
    tOSU-19

The Brahma Bull

September 17, 2011

tOSU doesn’t have enough defensive pop tonight.

canechic

Corso’s grandsons are adorable, just bad outfits! Corso takes OU

Canezilla

September 17, 2011

Just saw Mary blow by me on the pike o got the black truck with the flags

PlayaCane aka Rashad

September 17, 2011

Screw the ponchos!! Ill sit in that bish in a driving rainstorm. I’ve waited 8 years for this game, I ain’t worried bout no rain. Let’s Go Canes!!

DaytonCane

September 17, 2011 at 1:07 AM

If ur worrying about boise.

U ain’t ready for tomorrow.

Get ur mind right faggots.

HUGE GAME.

BTW I think I saw a chicks muffin flash out of a napkin sized skirt tonight.

I also saw fire jugglers and freaks on stilts so I def could be wrong here.

South beach excitement…

Never mind all that. Get ur mind right pussies.

———————————————-

Its always a big game when your favorite QB is playing 😉

Leaving Wal Mart now headed to gate

Canezilla

* I

We are parked!

DaytonCane

ChiTownCane

September 17, 2011

Anything we should look for near you when we are walking ur way?

September 17, 2011

WVU up 24 to 3 on Maryland…

Just shows how pathetic our defense played.

ChiTownCane says:
    September 17, 2011 at 8:44 AM
    Gameday!!!

Deserve Victory!

Stick to your core values!

Greatest brand in college football!
    ////////////////////////////////////

LOL, Get Fired up!

September 17, 2011

temple 10-7 over psu at half-time!!

September 17, 2011

Clemson has come even with Auburn.

Shocking.

September 17, 2011

White Yukon. By gate 5A. Near W14-15.

New blog up

Nashvillecane

September 17, 2011

Sammy Watkins ===== THAT DUDE!!!!!