GA Tech Gets Wrecked

I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that I dreaded the GA Tech game all season.  After taking a look at our defense in the first couple of games, I had mentally prepared myself for an “L” next to this game.  Even after Miami’s impressive performance (in the first half, at least) against UNC, I was only cautiously optimistic because as anyone who has been a fan for the ‘Canes the past 5 years knows, they have a way of building you up one week only to break your heart the next.

Well now there is a new sheriff in town, and his name is Al Golden.  Although I give the players most of the credit for yesterday’s performance, I believe our triumph was due in large part to superior coaching.  How long has it been that we can say that?  With our depleted defensive line, especially with the absence of Micanor Regis at tackle, Golden and D’Onofrio had their hands full with GA Tech’s triple option.  The personnel moves and defensive strategy was surprising, so refreshing, and gives me boundless hope for the remaining games.  Let’s get to the report card, something I’ve avoided doing after most games this season in the attempt to not be too negative about our defense.

Offense:  B+

After a couple of spetacular games, on Saturday Jacory Harris (8/23, 140 yds, 0 TDs) was more of a game manager than the game winner.  For once, he didn’t need to be.  Harris showed maturity by throwing away the ball when necessary and made a great 18 yard run play out of nothing that led to a UM field goal.  What Harris did the best was deliver the mail, namely to play makers Lamar Miller (93 yards) and Tommy Streeter (3 catches, 96 yards).  No matter what your feelings were on Jacory to start the season, you have to be happy with how he is progressing.

Defense:  A+

Oh, how I have longed to give our defense that grade!  The Wrambling Wreck entered this game averaging 42.9 points per game and 517 yards.  Um, try 7 points and only 134 yards on the ground and 77 through the air.  That just happened. Sean Spence has truly cemented himself in ‘Canes history as one of Miami’s best linebackers.  Moved to the Mike this week to help contain the run in the middle in the absence of Micanor Regis, Spence absolutely dominated the Yellow Jackets.  Jo Jo Nicolas was impressive hauling in an interception of QB Tevin Washington on Georgia Tech’s first offensive play from  scrimmage that led to Miami’s first TD. Moreover, the future for Miami’s defense looks bright between Anthony Chickillo and Denzel Perryman who contributed three tackles for losses and a forced fumble.

Special Teams:  A

Jake Wieclaw delivered another perfect game (I don’t count a block as a miss), and P Dalton Botts seemed to get the memo that his job could be in jeopardy if he didn’t shape up, averaging over 46 yards on his 4 punts.  For me, the play of the game was when Mike James (who was playing ST for only the 2nd time this season) jarred the ball loose from Zach Laskey and JoJo Nicolas recovered it in the end zone to give the Canes a 14-0 lead.  Travis Benjamin also contributed an impressive 48 yard return.

Our beloved ‘Canes are finally starting to bear some resemblence to our beloved teams from the past, and after yesterday’s performance, I think Al Golden is making it clear to fans that we have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks, months, and years.

GO ‘CANES!!!

1. #1?

2. wamlin weck?

3. Nice first, Delray! Orange or green?

4. Bennie, here is a consolation cupcake. :-)

5. JSQ, as much as I would love to see us get Beckman, (kid from Springfield) I don’t think it is in the cards. I hope I’m wrong though.

6. Hey, Bennie, I’ll trade you for the cupcake?

7. Yeah, I don’t see it either, Delray. But that would be so awesome! I really hope he goes to Arkansas if he doesn’t go here. I’d hate to see him turn evil by ending up in jorts or trailer country.

8. Anybody know if we are recruiting him hard?

9. Go Canes! See you Wed! Love you!

10. Love you Mom! Can’t wait to see you!!! :-D

SpeedWrecks says:

“In overtime, Denver linebacker D.J. Williams sacked Matt Moore to force a fumble and recovered the loose ball at the Miami 36. Three plays later, Matt Prater kicked the winning 52-yard field goal.”

We had 8 players drafted this past draft, and about another 8 on Free Agent contract until the last cuts, while most stayed on practice squads. Yet, the Dolphins never bother to whiff UM players. Well, Phins, hate to say it, but keep not joining UM players to the team until they become utility players/journey man, then just get beat by them!

Great show D.J.!

Davon Johnson
    Travis Benjamin

PR
    Travis Benjamin
    Phillip Dorsett

DaytonCane says:

I wonder if Golden asks Ojomo to put on about 15lbs of muscle this spring and become a 5 technique? He’s never been a great rusher from outside, but he is starting to look really good playing inside despite being undersized. He’s getting off blocks better inside rather than trying to go around the OT.

With the added weight we could go back and forth between the 34 and 43 without any glaring mis-matches. Vernon is athletic enough to stand up and rush if need be and we still got Ricardo Williams to develop, and Cookie will be coming back too. Hopefully we can get something out of Green as well.

The U 30 for 30 on ESPN

UChamps about 4 or 5 hours depending how fast I wana drive.. whats good?

JSQ I agree with the grades

Didnt Lamar have 120 yards rushing?

And Weiclaw had a kicked blocked dont know if that goes against him being perfect

16. Hmm…Keith Brown sounding like another Brown that used to play here…. I’ll wait this time.

17. C1 you tuned in??

18. Nope, 27 carries for 93 yards.

I guess you could go either way there, but to me a blocked kick is on the unit, not him. More of an incomplete than a miss. If it wasn’t for James and Jo Jo’s play, that could have affected the grade.

Hopefully they work on that this week. Didn’t matter this week but if that ish happens in Trailernasty, heads will roll.

CrewChic92 says:

I LOVE @GOLDENAL! I LOVE @GOLDENAL! I LOVE @GOLDENAL!!!

20. Me too, CrewChic!!

Anyone know Feliciano’s long term status? Looks like Thurs is definitely a no go & I’m afraid that knee might need to be cut on. Big guys have to watch that jumping chest bump. At least it’s not Grammatica embarrassing, that guy was a buck fifty, and did it all by his lonesome.

22. Hurri u know it!!

Somethins up with the black dude. He’s on his way!!

Huh dont know where I saw that on LM JSQ thats weird. I agree its on the unit unless its real kicked low

Jimmy Graham getting amazing pub right now! Love that guy. Next jersey ill be getting for sure. For ne one who wants jerseys i kno a couple good sites for 45$ jerseys stitched numbers and everything. The more u buy the lower the price goes

Ne one have a clip of the story they did on JG the other day?

24. i wouldn’t mind Spence playing MLB full time. get the best 3 LBs out there. Perryman (still plays like Sharpton but with instincts – meaning he’s a torpedo but now one that knows which way to go) should be on the field instead of Futch. I’d try that LB line up one more game to see if the results are just as impressive.

25. Yeah, Philly, when I rewatch the game I will look at the kick. I couldn’t tell from the stands, but yeah, I think a block is different than a wide left or right.

I hope the work on that as well as telling the big sexys on the team to cool it a little on celebrating LM’s TDs. He, um, does that a lot. We can’t lose a player every time he gets in the end zone!

26. Agreed, Esteban.

What Este said, also speaking of Graham, I think his two scores keep the streak alive.

Great pub on Graham, anyone want to call this kid a thug? Class, more class and lots of class, a great player, great person and reps the U very well. Go Jimmy!

MillerTime 201 yards away from a g

30. Captain Optimist/Pessimist aka Cavaleer
    October 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Six, like I said, you don’t know wtf you’re talking about….then or now

I even try to educate but you think because you watch games and interview players and quote stats for a living………… that you know a damn thing…..smh….lol

******

Pure comedy

I’d love for you to educate anyone with your football or esp. OCoordinating expertise. Please do. Like I said, I’m amazed you even have time to type on here due to you getting your team ready for their next game of the season coach. Just your last line alone says a lot

Let’s see, you’re trying to say I don’t know a thing and you shake your head while “lol”ing simply b/c I watch games, interview players and quote stats for a living …… kinda confused here, but isn’t that basically what you and everyone else does as well – except for the interviewing players part and getting paid for it? I just happen to be lucky enough to do it for a living

So by that logic, we’re basically the same (except for the interviewing players part and you also forgot the part where I did a sports talk radio show for the ESPN affiliate here and how that also makes you “lol” and shake your head … b/c really, they do just put anyone on the air with not even a slight clue – prime example is me)

Also, it’s not exactly called ducking and dodging a question if you really see no point in answering it due to the lack of understanding clearly shown by the other side … speaking of which, really, do you even own a television and watch games or attend games and sit up a little higher in order to see plays fully develop?

I’ve got 3 things for you YouTube King

(1) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OoofzdWdU8s/SwFsyJ5VzUI/AAAAAAAAKmk/FI3omZZxRt8/s1600/4134J324RWL.jpg

for your hurt butt

(2) http://www.cepro.com/images/uploads/bestbuy_geeksquad_3dsync_ad.jpg

so you actually have a television

(3) http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/gameplan

so you can watch football instead of hoping someone posts highlights of a game on YouTube

I’m playing nice with you right now out of respect to this blog. I made a general statement that started this whole thing, it wasn’t directly in particular at anyone. All the sudden you take it personally, call Whipple my boyfriend (?) and go on some whack tirade that I was thoroughly bored with within 2 sentences b/c let’s face it cochise, you ramble at times like a drunken filibuster on 2 legs … also speaking of ducking/dodging, asked you to specifically bring up where I personally was jocking Whipple in my original statement

I also don’t have the time to go back and scour YouTube for every single time the Canes or other teams have used some variation of that formation with every down/distance … go ahead and knock yourself out by doing that, but be sure to include every single time with every team in the NCAA & NFL where they’ve used that – but we all know that won’t happen, so maybe don’t waste your time

UChamps – aren’t there other routes being run with everyone spread out while the QB is under center/no back, so it’s not always a deep route thrown? Cutler threw a 25 yard TD pass to Roy Williams today out of that formation. I don’t think the former OC of the Canes would just have everyone go deep from that formation … or maybe he did, b/c remember, I don’t have a clue

31. Anyone else watch Workaholics on Comedy Central. Freaking hilarious.

32. LMFAO!!!!

Just looking through those clips got me rollin.

33. This is def my favorite scene from the series:

34. Watched Green Lantern yesterday.

Was ok…

I was expecting better.

35. Ders LOL!!!

The body building one had me going too.

36. C1.

Me 2. Green Lantern was only OK. X-Men 1st Class Bad Azz! Thor was good too. I can’t wait for the Avengers. I’ll catch Capt. America this weekend.

37. Esteban.

I’m skeptical of that LB lineup against a team that wants to run straight at you. The Dive wasn’t a factor this week and GTech isn’t that line up and run straight at you team. They focus on getting on the perimeter. This week UVA will run straight at us and you can bet your ass that FSU will too. Don’t know if the small LBs would hold up vs that. Thing is, we don’t have a lot of options so we might as well try it and see how it holds, but I think it takes Spence out the game because he’d have to take on a lot more blockers who are much bigger and stronger than he is.

38. BG no doubt.

Loved Xmen. Capt America looks ok. Not expecting too much from it.

39. Also regarding the D. Don’t expect this Gtech performance again.

They will fall back against balanced offenses.

Look for progress and hopefully they build off of this win and go from there.

The youngins are gaining experience and confidence.

40. I really gotta start getting a memo when these posts are done! Merrr better late than never go CANES!!!!

S/O to coach donof for adjusting & putting our PLAYERS in position to make PLAYS!
    Only 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 points scored woohoo! Hope to see everybody on thursday!

Don’t know how good the movie will actually be, but the trailer is badass:

Throw in Hawkeye (same guy that was in Hurt Locker – great movie) and Scarlett Johansen for eye candy, and I’m good.

42. Thought C1 would like this.

43. BG LMAO!!

I’m always down for a good dent ribbing.

44. Nah C1,
    Whether I regret it or not….

I expect our defense….no matter how sh!tty….to stop Duke, and UVA, and BthCook, ect.

Period.

Until we stop recruiting SoFla and start recruiting Delaware, Wyoming, and Montana, I always will.

(But my bag sure does hurt….)

CK and C1 best workaholics episode

That Avengers looks serious.. also cant wait for the new Batman Dark Knight Rises

C1 I have that same concern with the D. They were able to concentrate on one thing (run game) and stop it. Imo it helped out the whole D esp the freshman as they didnt have to think as much and just react.

Its funny how we tlked before and thought we’d needed the offense to come out strong. Welp what do ya know the complete opposite happened. Funny how that worked out

47. Philly no doubt about it! I think we both thought what pretty much everyone did tho haha

This game demonstrated what we have to look forward D wise once everyone stops thinking and things become instinctual.

When you have to worry about just one aspect of the game it eliminates alot of delay in reaction time.

Just too bad we don’t play more option teams!! LOL

It will all come together.

48. That Batman movie looks badass.

Love those movies. Too bad they all weren’t like the new ones.

49. CanesCanesCanes – Jeremy Renner. Love that guy, one of my favorites

You remember him in 28 Weeks later? He was a sniper in it, got all burnt/crispy by a flamethrower

He was great in The Town as well

He had some of the best lines of the entire movie in Thor … “you want me to take him or would you rather send in more guys for him to beat up” …… “last call sir b/c I’m starting to root for this guy”

Great line as well when the agents are on the roof in town, see Thor’s buddies walking in the street and they call it into base “we got Xena, Jackie Chan and Robin Hood”

50. Canez1 – you mean you don’t like Val Kilmer or Clooney as Batman with Danny Devito, the Governator, Ace Ventura & Tommy Lee Jones as the bad guys .. along with Robin?

Ya. Those movies were overly ghey and gets me angry just thinking about them

I work with a chick that looks just like Danny Devito, except with Troy Polamalu hair

Think about that combo. That’s f*cked up

Dark serious Batman is good Batman and should be the only Batman

When you have the guy who did Inception (Christopher Nolan) directing all 3 new Batman movies the world is right … I think he’s doing the new Superman as well

Lol Six thats a deadly combo right there I wouldnt even be able to look at that chic. Yeah the new Batmans are serious its a shame what his face died cause that Joker was unreal. Those movies mighta been gay but entertaining when u got Kindergarten Cop and Ace in the movie fuqin hilarious

Tru C1 and I know u mean triple options teams and not read option cause K St and Vag Tech put up some points

I HATE TIM TEBAG

Six – I didn’t know Renner was in 28 weeks later. I’ll have to rewatch it. Been meaning to rewatch both, but haven’t had the time. There hasn’t been a good zombie movie out in a while. Maybe weeks was the last one.

He’s a good actor, tho. Totally killed it in Hurt Locker. I don’t follow awards but Aif he didn’t get one for that he should have. Lot of butt clenching moments in that flick

CapeCoralCane says:

Regis needs to keep his mouth shut. I would not be surprised if his suspension is not lengthened.

Jorge Milian – Micanor Regis embarrassed himself and UM today with response to dirty play vs. North Carolina. UM thinks so, too.

UM already took down the clip of his interview.

56. JerseyCanes

@

@bg1906 @sgorten Regis is Like Everybody’s Uncle Willie.. KEEP HIM OFF THE MIKE!!!

57. Duke kickoff set for 3pm

haha whatd this goon say?

59. Apparently he was laughing about punching the UNC dude in the balls. I didn’t see it.

CapeCoralCane says:

Golden wanted humble and apologetic. Per Manny….

UM defensive tackle Micanor Regis, who served a one-game suspension Saturday for punching a North Carolina player in the crotch a week prior, met with reporters Monday briefly in what might have been the strangest interview ever. Regis didn’t address what happened, sported a grin for much of the interview and dodged questions.

When told his actions seemed unlike him by a reporter, Regis said: “I’d like to thank my team. They pulled the win out for me. I’d like to thank them.”

The reporter then followed up, “That wasn’t what I asked you. I asked you this was unlike you, so why did it happen?”

Regis’ response: “I’d like to thank my team. They did a great job with the win, especially with Georgia Tech. I love them guys.”

Asked how hard it was for him to miss a game, he said: “It was very tough, man.”

“Do you feel remorse?” Regis was asked. Regis then turned to a reporter who was there previously: “Tell them what I said earlier,” he said.

That reporter declined, so Regis then said, “Once again I want to apologize to everybody. You know, I regret it. I just want to move on from it. That’s it.”

Regis was finally asked if knowing Darius Smith had a real good game made him less sure of his starting role. Again Regis responded, “I’d just like to thank my teammates for pulling it out for me. I love them.”

UM, which uploads all the videos it records of reporters interviews with players, deleted Regis’ interview about half an hour after uploading it.

UM coach Al Golden required Regis to perform community service at the Miami Rescue Mission. Asked about that, Regis said: “I was helping out with those guys. I’d like to thank them, too. They gave me an opportunity to help out. I was helping out with the shelter and everything. It was a blessing for me.”

CapeCoralCane says:

Actually….so what. He didn’t answer the way reporters wanted him to. Golden is pissssd though.

Everyone needs to get over the whole Regis thing. They gave him a game. Douche bag in Gainesville gave Spikes a series for purposely trying to gouge a guy’s eyes out.

Golden looks to be more hyper-sensitive about it because of the NCAA thing looming than the actual offense. Understandable, but come on, let’s just move on.

Go Canes

what PB just said

Media hacks down here want their pound of flesh & Regis ain’t playin’. You know what? Good for him. Get over it you hacks, he’s not an organ grinder monkey performing the contrition routine at your command.

64. Yes.
    Workaholics is in the top 5 list at the moment.
    Re watched the hot temp episode last night. The car scene was a little… but when they asked their boss… ” There’ll be NO masturbating in the office!!!”

Hilarious! :)

65. I wonder if one of those media members was the “lady” who called him a “pig” last week on Twitter.

DaytonCane says:

LOL at the reporters chastising Regis. Half of those people aren’t even good at their jobs anyway, aside from Manny and maybe two others.

I’d like to see someone like Susan or Jorge interview someone like Mean Joe Greene or Rodney Harrison on what proper “etiquette” is on the field. But I guess they’ve been exposed to so much bad football the last few years that they dont know what pure football really is.

Truth is that we need more players with the same mentality as Regis, our great teams of the past were full of them.

Journalism is joke these days.

67. Chiming in as the PR guy on the Regis thing. I have no problem with what he did. He could have said “I am past it and don’t want to talk about it” but his way of doing it was fine too. Of course a smile probably wasn’t the best choice (would have gone for the scowl or distant stare myself) but hell, I want guys who are going to be defiant anyway

CORAL GABLES — Hurricanes senior Sean Spence was named ACC Linebacker of the Week on Monday for the third consecutive week. He has been absolutely dominant.

Journalism is joke these days.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this

and

this

You’re 2 for 2

2. We may be able, once and for all, to decide what is more indicative of quality: losing to top-10 teams or losing close games to good teams. All we have to do is find a bowl game in which Auburn, which has lost to three teams currently in the top 10, can play Miami, which has two last-minute losses to teams in the top 12 (the Hurricanes’ third loss came by eight points to Maryland). Let’s get the bowl projection boys, Mark Schlabach and Brad Edwards, to work on that

71. . . . by 8 points to MD with half our team gone, no less.

72. bg1906

October 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM

DZP! National Freshman of the Week.

//////////////////////////

Definitely not darryl sharpton

73. http://jbum.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bf70753ef0120a55aa07f970b-800wi
    ————–

hahahahaahahahaahahahahaahaha C1!!!! Where do you find this shiz!!! lmao!!!

74. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytTbCPpcpz4

Coach are you going to limit the celebrations…

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What in the fuk????

Good for Regis. Fuk that little Chimp Milian and fuk the freeze miser and all of the rest of these fukin nerds.

Except for Manny. Thats my boy.

Regis should have flipped the table over and busted out of there.

Lock the doors. We don’t need anyone.

75. Champ LMAO!!!

Thats an oldie but goodie.

The look on old balls after he gets hit KILLS me.

76. UChamps – aren’t there other routes being run with everyone spread out while the QB is under center/no back, it’s not always a deep route thrown? Cutler threw a 25 yard TD pass to Roy Williams today out of that formation. I don’t think the former OC of the Canes would just have everyone go deep from that formation … or maybe he did, b/c remember, I don’t have a clue

—————

Sure, Whipple had a few short yardage routes but it wasn’t run with a scheme an system to it. There was no rhythm.

Majority of the time the routes were very long out of that formation.

His favorite were those deep comeback routes to the flanker.
    never anything quick like Jeddi does.

Look at the 3:39 mark and check out the different route combinations. From the spacing to the routes it completely opens up the defense.

Jacory immediately recognizes the CB biting on the out and he delivers a quick strike to TB3.

From Left to right you have: a seam, a ten yard out, a seam, a ten yard in, and a another seam. Twins left and trips right

The quick out route ran by Hurns is usually the go to WR. That would be Welker if this was the Pats. Those would be 3 step drop passes if he was under center.

3 steps = quick pass= Jeddi

7 steps = long pass = Whipple.

Rarely did Whipple have route combinations like that with quick hitters and when he did we were usually successful.

Whipple left these guys out to dry. Hence the countless sacks, prsssures hits, and picks.

I see what you’re trying to say six. But you can’t even compare a Whipple 5 wide set to a GB, pats, or even OU five wide set because those coaches would never do that to their o-line without some sort of scheme or rhythm leading up to.

You rarely see a coordinator call a 5 wide set with long passes. The only time that ish has ever worked was with the rams where they had a hall of famer at every level of the Offense.

Those Bears look Horrid in that same system and Cutler throws a lot of picks and gets hit a lot. Kind of how UM and J12 have looked.

The bears are better under center. When they play their best Martz usually calls a lot more plays under center and then surprises you with the 5 wide set.

77. The look on old balls after he gets hit KILLS me.

GO CANEZ!!!
    ———————

hahahahaahahaha i was dying at that.

The glasses fell of and everything!!!! omfg!!!

78. Philly, I got a lady that goes to Pitt that wants me to come visit. i was going to holla at ya if i came through that state. Wanted to know how far id be from ya!!

79. I hate to bring this up but we are currently ranked 81st in total offense.

We were 31st last yr and 45th the yr before with a TOTALLY incompetent OC.

I think the “jeddi for pres” hype should take a little hiatus until the dude proves himself on a consistent basis and this offense actually looks good for more than a few minutes.

Just saying.

I haven’t heard any “Fire Fischbag” chants yet from the resident blog football experts.

Hmmmm.

Not throwing int’s is not getting the job done.

Pay the light bill B.

80. Pittsburgh ain’t close to anywhere!

Miserable ride through the back woods.

Cool stadium tho.

LSU is ranked 78th in total offense.

They suck.

Fire Les Miles.

82. Uh your missing the point but good try tho.

83. JSQ, have something for U in the am.

84. Lol LSU is at least doing SOMETHING right. Damn sure ain’t offense.

85. Total Offense doesn’t mean ish if you aren’t scoring any points.

LSU may be 78th but they still put up big numbers!

Ranking means diddly squat when it comes to to total defense and total offense.

I care about SCORING DEFENSE and SCORING OFFENSE!

Two things we haven’t had any and LSU, plenty.

DaytonCane says:

Its amazing how many people knew so much about west coast offenses and aggressive defenses when we were struggling, but now everybody is silent like its basketball season or something.

Who do we need to fire this week?

Which coach doesn’t understand “Hurricane football”?

What scheme is the best scheme in the history of football and why is it that our coaches wont run it?

I need answers people.

87. I am with you PB. While I am not a fan of dirty play and smart mouthed kids but this incident has been blow out of proportion! Move on is right!

88. Lol Dayton, I say fix your scheme to the players you have. Like the very successful baseball in Texas, Augie Garrido says, I always adjust my coaching to the type of players I have, some years that means good offense and some years good defense, but I must adjust!

I know all of us hate the spread but those teams seem to be more successful….not to my liking but I like winning more than just sticking to a schemes….JMO!

89. Champ I totally agree. Only things that matter are points on the board in my book as well but most people just don’t get it so I tried to put up a concept that all can comprehend.

We are 54 in scoring O and 31 in scoring D.

LSU is 15 in scoring O and 3 in scoring D, Right behind TEMPLE D lol and is also one of the baddest teams in the land!

Awesome point up there :-/

What I am saying is 54 is not getting it done. Not saying 31 is either by no means but somehow Fischbag seems to get all the passes from the blogging brain trust.

Not throwing int’s has and will bite us again down the road here.

Que big skip…

WARNING****DISCLAIMER**** WARNING

This post in no way shape or form has anything whatsoever to do with Mark “Mardi Gras head” Whipple, his time here or his life in this world. If you think it does by some whacked out chance and cannot help yourself from typing so, DO NOT respond to this message because your head ain’t right. I, nor anyone else I know, could care less if he is found dead tonight in your back yard.

DaytonCane says:

Canechic
    October 24, 2011 at 8:08 PM

—————————————-

Truth.

I have come around to the idea of running a spread offense, but we would have to have the ability to play physical when we need to. Can’t substitute physicality for speed, you wont beat any of the truly good/great teams if you do that.

I would love to see us ring up 50 points every game like Oregon, but we would sacrifice a lot of size for that. No way we’re running up and down the field like that with guys like Seantrel and Feliciano out there, they’ll die.

91. C1, you gotta take those stats with a huge grain of salt though. While I agree with you and Uchamps that at the end of the day its all about points, many teams have played 2-3 cupcakes this year, we really haven’t yet.

Also, the spread offense has really skewed a lot of stats.

92. Plus, taking away BCC and Maryland, the defenses we’ve faced this year have been pretty good.

93. Canez you bored tonight? Don’t you know we haven’t scored less than 24 points all year? 24 is more than enough with the “talent” we have on D. Haven’t you seen the genius of the play calls, has those fools not knowing what coming is next? How beautiful was that play where Miller hit Dorsett? Apparently you must be stuck on the fact that if we had a QB with a decent arm and who wasn’t shell shocked or freshmeat, and a OL that played consistently, we would have been hanging 40+ a game on everyone. Silly rabbit.

(And for you morons, yes there is some sarcasm above, but if you can’t see the irony either, then your blind. Whipple was an azzhole? Ding, ding , ding. But the offense was productive even when the QB “wasn’t a fit”)

94. CK played those same teams last year….(kicking ant pile just for shiz and giggles)

95. CK I don’t pay much attention to stats.

Only W’s.

I trust my eyes.

This O has been MEH and it will haunt us down the road here if not corrected.

I just find the Fischbag fanatics pretty funny. That’s all.

96. Shwarm LMAO!!

Bored as hell!

American Choppers just came on so I am good for a bit.

My eyes aren’t lying. I like what I see on offense. Playing mistake free ball is a good start. I sure haven’t been saying we’re an offensive juggernaut. Who has? All I can say for sure is that I’m trusting our play calling and offense a whole lot more. The team as a whole is a lot more disciplined, especially the offense. This offense hasn’t lost any games for us this year. You couldn’t say that last year, whether you want to blame the play calling, the quarterbacking or both.

So I’d equate Fisch to a doctor who had a dying patient and now has him stabilized. The patient is still on the operating table and not out of the woods, but in much better shake than last year.

SHM

The offense has played well enuff to WIN EVERY GAME

The defense has been the cause of EVERY LOSS UP TO THIS POINT!!!

Btw C1, you also have a faithfull following…

…and I do expect this offense to start hitting on more cylinders and start putting up 30+ or more points a game. By necessity it’s going to gave to if we want to finish strong. I just don’t see us winning too many 17-10 type games.

have to

101. Lol, he said ” in YOUR backyard”, meaning go ahead a murder the Whipple, we won’t say a word.

102. Nashvillecane
    October 24, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    SHM

The offense has played well enuff to WIN EVERY GAME(UHHHH no they haven’t or we would have won every game)

The defense has been the cause of EVERY LOSS UP TO THIS POINT!!!(See above comment)

Wipple defenders keep defending no D and wish the qb was the reason for the losses( And a HUGE LOL at you for bringing up whipple. Didn’t you read the disclaimer?? Or is that all you have left?)

Whipple defenders?? LMFAO!! No such thing but keep swingin sluggo.

Once again you and the goon squad confuse Iman blame with Whipple defense and find yourself wrong and confused once again.

Good one.

Two halves of good offensive football out of seven games now= not getting it done and 4-3.

54 in scoring offense= not getting it done and 4-3.

103. DZ LMAO!!!

104. And I totally get Fisch is working with a broke ass cricket at QB and that right there is almost impossible for anyone to overcome. Other than that he has all the weapons an O can ask for and has tremendously underachieved IMO aside from two halves of fame.

Conversely the D has NO ONE left, has been behind the eight ball with depth, talent and experience and is about to call Glenn Cook up for his super secret tenth yr of eligibility, yet people calling for peoples heads after game one!!

C’mon now. Sounds goofy don’t it?

105. Ug, Ravens! Killing me! I was so looking forward to a W after a 12 hour work day!

At least it was a great day at work! :-)

I wish Ray Lewis could say the same!

4-3…

Better coaching and coaching them up??,

Riiiight

At least we see the qb getting that coaching…

107. Don’t feel bad JSQ..

I need Ray Rice to go off to win my game (in my last season doing this fantasy BS as I’ve got the WORST luck out of anyone I’ve EVER met)..

Doesn’t look like it’s going to happen though.

108. nash, call the redcross and have them put up thee garlic Hurricane shutters, these vampires are right on cue, as soon as it gets dark, the blood lust begans. They might as well open up a kabob shop, more skewered stats being posted. It’s not about always scoring yars or a plethora of points, many times it’s about, does the offense put the defense in constant high pressure situations. This offense moves the chains on a regular basis, and has began to put pressure on the other teams offense to match which forces the other team to come out of character or have to take chances. We barely have high pressure make or break 3rd down conversions, where we all knew a negative play was just waiting to happen on 3rd down.

The overall offensive philosophy helps out the defense and special teams, special teams is not put in high pressure kicking situations as well. Just the overall offensive approach has calmed this team down, only now, the feeling most had with the offense last year has been shifted to the defensive side of the ball, when they get to 3rd down, not to much confidence they coming off that field except the fact that spence, 3g & dzp are on the field. Looks like ray ray just got his spot snatched up by whiff side. And hurns has his work cut out for em now to take his spot back from stretch. True competition is starting to unfold. Would’ve been funny if sammy watkins had come here.

Back to the offensive talk, compare the redzone & 3rd down conversion rates from last year and this year and that’ll tell you all you need to know about the importance of jedd fish, anything else is still uncivilized!

109. I think someone put some WD40 on that ball tonight!

Smh.

110. I need 2 more MJD fumbles and no more yards from that midget to win. They need to be recovered by the other team though!

111. I think Rice will be back in the 3rd. Gonna get yelled at during halftime. Ray Lewis and BMac should threaten to eat him.

112. Et tu, EReed?

113. Stranded runners are going to come back to haunt the Cards… like us Whipple Zombies on this blog. ;)

114. And notice how there are no rational thinkers calling for Fisch to be fired due to the O’s less than “good” performance for the majority of the year.

THAT is the point of all of this.

It’s all about actually seeing the big picture and realizing this is a new staff with a team full of Dents mismanaged characters that they are trying to piece together, figure out who can do what and where and change the culture of this program that has been in decline for many years.

Not an easy task for ANYONE.

Open your eyes, use some common sense and think before you goon.

115. Think before you goon = LOL

116. Friends don’t let friends goon clueless.

C’mon now. Sounds goofy don’t it?

^^^^^^

On D….he had 90% of his starters in 3 of the 1st 4 games

On one game was a scrimmage vs a d2 school….that offense should have been shut down by the frosh on the team along with the jv squad…

Btw the qb’s the made no D look foolish ain’t looked as good since they run up and down the field on him…hell one ain’t even a starter no more…

Good looking out on the future excuses for him tho

118. Lol, Bennie

119. As far as the Canes go I just want to see progress thru out the year. I’m seeing signs of that so far and we just need to keep this progress up as we build towards consistency.

*are we cutting down on stupid penalties?
    *are we cutting down on turnovers & forcing turnovers?
    *is our blocking,tackling improving?are we dropping passes?
    *are the Canes having FUN again? Any signs of the Uswag?

I haven’t seen enough games to know all the answers but it sounds like a mixed bag so far. And that’s OK. Build on the areas we have improved on so that we do that consistently well, and work on the areas we haven’t progressed.

120. nash already knew what i was thinking, it was definitely time for that post. Even when success is obvious, these serpents continue to try and deceive the masses into thinking otherwise. They want to make bad fair seeming and want to water down and try & make what’s good & what side of the ball that has actually been carrying this team, seem suspect.

121. Canez, you must have just been trying to get the number of comments up.

Always good for the LOLs. It really is that easy.

And keeping it real since that was good for some fun and games, I do believe right now based on what we have seen Fisch > Whipple.

However, for everyone, is our power running game gone by the way side?

122. Bottomline for ya.

2011

Scoring: Points/Game 29.4

2010

Scoring: Points/Game 26.3

2009

Scoring: Points/Game 30.3

Only stats that matter.

3.1 pts a game.

Incompetence v The Jeddi

Yup life changing.

And AGAIN this has NOTHING to do with defending ANYONE.

Just pointing out the buffoonery.

C1 post all the so called fact homie…

How many folks have been missing or playing NEW spots on the oline???

Also I bet u can count the drops by wr’s on one hand…

And boy didn’t u hate the fact that the qb ain’t the reason for the losses…

But keep leading ya sheep astray

I like to goon with my eyes closed.

125. Nash your myopic views make it extremely difficult to have an intelligent conversation with you.

I am sorry.

“On D….he had 90% of his starters in 3 of the 1st 4 games”

What you are not peeping is that the “starters” he has had to juggle all year were either true freshman or really not EVER any good for the most part here.

So what exactly is your point there mentalo?

Tough to see that when concentrating on how many yds the D gave up in a 31 pt victory over BCC.

BIIIG part of the problem.

Shwarm of course I am not saying Fisch < Whipple.

What I am pointing out is the "fire people" goonfoolery from the brain trust when there are still multiple issues on this team that need to be dealt with.

That is all.

126. “And I’m with you 100% that the w & l’s are the only things that matter but U and ur fellow snake in the grass fail to point out the FACT that the defence took the field in EVERY ONE OF THE LOSSES only to give the lead back on the very next drive PERIOD…”
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Except for Kstate.

Oops yo

127. “And boy didn’t u hate the fact that the qb ain’t the reason for the losses…”
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Nope

128. “How many folks have been missing or playing NEW spots on the oline???”
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Please don’t tell me you are comparing the depth, experience and talent on the OL to that of the Dline.

Noooot sure you want to take that route my man.

Whats next? Our LB’s and CB’s compared to the RB’s and WR’s??

Hot tub Lee and the Wake reject? Or Brandon “Big Vag” Mcgee. Who U got?

Fall on your sword ol boy. It’s the right thing to do.

You are circling…

The young kids are gathering steam and stepping up and that is helping this hoopty along.

I am with DZ and always have been.

Progress

Or fire people.

Either one.

I am sorry.

“On D….he had 90% of his starters in 3 of the 1st 4 games”

^^^^^

Like I said before I’ll give yall’s boy a pass on game one… But it was yo arrogant behind that said we should win the acc w/o the suspended players…so you my boy lost alot of credibility there…

#’s 56, 99,54,97,48 had All started games before, the only one missing in games vs osu, kstate, and the mighty bcc was 35

Lb’s 31 and 45 starters…the others were fresh meat…but nothing different from last year with wiffing Cmac and spend being the vets adding cookie…

Db’s….the safeties have started multiple games but the cb’s were very suspect with only McGee got real pt in the past…

My point is with the guys that came back, with the supposed better coaching that they were gonna get, there was no way they should be WORSE IMO…

If u think that the defense didn’t look passive as hell, u have been smoking more dope than I thought

130. CCC hit the nail on the head with his surgeon analogy.

Fisch took over a completely broken offense and his gum and tape is holding up just fine so far.

Fisch and his O has carried the team and it’s absurd to think otherwise.

I don’t like D’on’ofrios scheme for Florida style players. So, i say fire him on that alone because he won’t adjust his scheme FOR THE MOMENT and for the sake of the players. Screw all of that “wait till he gets his players in” crap.

Honestly, where has that ever worked?

I don’t want to wait for D’o’nofrios players. Work with what you have NOW!

But at the end of the day I still root for him to succeed.

Most coaches come into programs and win with the last guys talent. And how usually?

By thinking players then scheme!

Fisch has not made the best calls this season but definitely not the worst.

If you compare his experience & what he had to work with, physically & mentally, to D’onofrio it’s night and day.

Fisch didnt even play football for christs sake.

Whats next? Our LB’s and CB’s compared to the RB’s and WR’s??

^^^^^

What wr BUT benji had done any thing up until this year??

132. Our weakest link on this team has been the D. No doubt about it. The recruiting and development on that side of the ball has been horrendous and we are now paying the price for the years of dented neglect.

———–

This is true though!

The youngins just play more Cane style than the vets. All of those youngins are hungry and want to kill ish on the field.

Damn Randy :/ You were an o0l skool Cane. It hurts me so bad that the team wasn’t at least gutta and grimey!

Uchamps no doubt. Leme know if u ride thru the area. The drive from Philly to Pitt suckeddddd.. just boring as shyt.. cool boat ride from the Station Square to Heinz tho

October 24, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Except for Kstate.

Oops yo

^^^^^^^^^

Canez take lead at 1:00 in the vid, 2nd play of the 4th…

And like I said the d, or the lack there of gives it back THE VERY NEXT DRIVE

With 99, 97, 96, 56, 31, 45, 29, 7 ALL on the field…u know the ones yo big mouth said should win the acc

^^^^^

135. Been saying it since the day after his first game. Flacco just doesn’t have “IT” Got all of the other intangibles just not the winner mentality.

136. UChamps – if you were getting what I was saying, I was simply pointing out that in that 4 or 5 wide set with an empty backfield and the QB under center under the former OC … you’re telling me that everyone that was spread out wide was doing a 15 -20+ yard fly/go routes and no one was dragging underneath or running 5 to 8 to 10 yard outs or 5 to 8 to 10 yard ins or slants or anything under a 15-20+ yarder?

That’s kind of hard to believe

137. Tonight is the perfect example of why NCAA football > than NFL football

Broncos vs. Fins
    Seahawks vs. Browns
    Ravens vs. Jags (MNF Game)

Awful.

138. Six
    October 25, 2011 at 12:09 AM

That’s kind of hard to believe
    —————-

Not really hard to believe when guys are being told where to go with the ball. Like i said, he had his short route sets.

But there was no scheme or rhythm to it. There was no plan to get a certain guy isolated in space like there is with most 5 wide set plays.

Sacks, int’s, and constant pressure was the result.

Dude, all of us on here are not blind idiots. Between me cap, and cal, game film is dissected.

Fact: not every play in 5 wide set had everyone going deep down the field.

Also Fact: There was rarely any scheme to Whipples offense.

There is no way that Jacory just miraculously know how to read defensive coverages and make quick reads like that throw to TB3 in the VPI game.

The fact that Whipple had seven step drop passes UNDER CENTER was just absurd.

You may see 5 wide sets from other teams but not a seven step drop pass from under center!!!

Jedd is teaching J12 and you see the results of his tutelage.

If Whipple really ran that formation with a scheme and a purpose and taught J12 the nuances he’d try his best to do it.

That’s exactly what you got though. J12 tried his best. Even came out on fire in 2009 with it. But When other teams exposed our weaknesses/or adjusted Whipple refused to switch it up.

I aint trying to go into a Whipple bashing sess for the trillionth time. I’m just saying you can’t compare what he did to other teams that run 5 wide sets.

How many teams do you see running 5 wide under center? COME ON! NONE!

139. Once again you are assuming that 56, 99,54,97,48 are any good just because they are called “starters”

They weren’t good last year and we got gashed by the run all season long. We just had better CB’s to protect against the pass.

We are 83rd against the rush this year and guess what?? 83rd last year.

2011 rushing yds per game allowed 179

2010 rushing yds per game allowed 172

Passing D this year 31st. Last year 3rd.

56 has been a lazy ass underachiever his whole career only showing up to a few games a year and is still holding up to that.

99 is what he is. Always hurt and when healthy shows up once in a while.

54 nut punching arm stomping media hating JAG

97 Nothing special

48 3rd down tiny situaltional DE

Wake= probably our best cb. Says a ton.

Big Vag= Fukin horrible

Both safeties have turned out to be Meh for their careers so far. Way overhyped.

45 has been garbage since he got here.

Not to mention the DL rotation is made up of freshman and a 1st yr juco transfer that play just as much as the starters.

You forgot that tho, huh?

What part of this squad strikes fear?

Better coaching IS CHANGING every phase of this team and will only continue to do so.

If you think this D should be better than last years D based on personnel then this convo is over.

Last years depth, experience and talent puts this D to shame.

One more time. All I am saying is to make FINAL judgement a few games in to an new coaching staffs tenure is just ridiculous, given what was left to them.

New coaching staffs need time to implement, develop and execute their vision.

Progress.

End of story

140. Six
    October 25, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Tonight is the perfect example of why NCAA football > than NFL football

Broncos vs. Fins
    Seahawks vs. Browns
    Ravens vs. Jags (MNF Game)

Awful.

————–

Don’t forget ….. Saints- Colts

141. “u know the ones yo big mouth said should win the acc”
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Uhhhhh dyk bag we lost on one of the last plays of the game to Vagtech.

We win that game and we are right there on top of the division.

My bad with the horrible preseason optimism.

You were right superfan.

What part of “should win” didn’t you get?

Go to bed yo. Ur worn out once again.

Nothing to see here.

142. NFL is a joke.

Big Vag had me dyin hahaha

SailorCane says:

C3, agree with your analogy 100%

Defense starting to come together

There is talent on this team

j12 playing best ball of his career, managing the games very well. still a bit slow on his reads, but I will take what he is giving us now

Special Teams still rocking the house

Streeter, Hurns, TB3 all contributing big time

Miller=sensational

Spence, Perryman, Chick=rock stars

Be happy for once that we actually have a team that fights for 4 quarters, doesnt give up when they are down and we have coaches that refuse to allow them

We are “this” close to be undefeated

See you Thursday night!

SailorCane says:

Sorry forgot Dorsett=freshman of the Year

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this right here

There is just a different “feel” to this team. I don’t know what the outcome is going to be, but I know they’re going to pound it for 4 quarters.

Feel good about Thursday night. Only concern is the short week and the team being mature enough to “forget” their modest success and get back to the grind (process) that makes them winners. But knowing the coaches, they’ll guard against that

See everybody Thursday night.

…. and for those thinking about going – NO EXCUSES – just go!!! Tickets are cheap. The atmosphere will be electric. What else do you have to do Thursday night?

Get your a$$es in those seats and do some yelling.

Go!

147. Sailor,

I don’t think Perryman and Chick have played to the level of Spence. Maybe against GT but certainly not all other games.

And if anything, Chick should be Freshman of the Year but no doubt Dorsett has played well.

148. Sailor no doubt about it!

We are actually enjoyable to watch for the first time in years.

Love it.

Progress.

149. What the heck happened to Byrd?

CapeCoralCane says:

So take a look at the guy behind urban to his right in this clip of the gaturds “celebration” at Sunlife. He’s must be a turd from the 08 team.

Was obviously derogatory towards Canes fans. I hope the Dolphins never win another game.

151. CK…Streeter & Hurns happened. They are better.

Coral – I tried to watch, but the gag reflex got the best of me. Exactly what was he doing?

153. Wow, Canez1 used “myopic” in a sentence!

You fancy, huh?

CapeCoralCane says:

CCC….He threw up the U then brought his hands down like you would motion people to sit down if they were giving a standing ovation.

155. JSQ, you get that mail?

CapeCoralCane says:

Kind of sad really. Even when their being honored they have the U on their minds. Major case of penis envy…

SailorCane says:

CK

I agree about Spence<—-Senior

Perryman and Chick<—true fresh

C3 totally agree with your statement about the "Feel"

This team is starting to believe and this is critical to jump to the next level of NC!

Last time I saw Lyron Byrd he was handing out gatorade on the sideline, lol

Hurricane Hotline tonight 7pm Montys!

Coral – we’re always in their heads.

LDS