Revisited: EOTH’s Top 25 Players

Over the next couple of weeks, Eye of the Hurricane is going to revisit our Top 25 players countdown from the readers’ preseason and see how we did. Some players have moved up, down, off, and several have appeared for the first time. Results are the major factor determining where players are ranked in our post-season top UM players. This is, of course, all very subjective and the rankings reflect what the devastatingly handsome Fear the Tie Guy Chris (he’s single, ladies!) Walton and I were able to agree upon after eleventy cocktails.

As you may recall, the pre-season poll took into account the following criteria:

• The players’ past performance (meaning incoming freshmen, even early enrollees, are not eligible for consideration)
  • The players’ performance during spring practice (listen to Golden, coaches, and bloggers who saw it first hand)
  • The players’ raw athletic ability including performance in the weight room and 40 times
  • How essential the players’ success is to the team’s success as a whole (meaning if he gets knocked out, we will probably lose the game)

Let’s get started.

#25 Eduardo Clements: Clements played in all twelve games this season, registering a career-high 37 rushing yards against Bethune Cookman, including a season-best 22 yard run, and catching 4 passes for a career-high 41 yards against USF, and another 4 receptions against Boston College.  This sophomore finished the season with 245 all-purpose yards (82 rushing, 163 receiving) and nine tackles.  With Lamar Miller thought to be leaving next season, Clements could see his role on offense increase in 2012.

Preseason EOTH Top 25 Rank: Not Ranked

Top 25 Change: N/A

#24 Phillip Dorsett: Players like Dorsett conjure up the opening chords of Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’” for me because it is these freshman who I believe (although I’ve said it before) are the foundation for turning around this program.  Dorsett played in all 12 games, earning his first career start against USF, finishing the season with 14 catches and 147 yards, recording a season-high 41 yards on two catches against Kansas State, threw for a 16 yard TD on a trick play against then-No.21 VA Tech, and scoring his first TD against Duke, there is no reason not to believe in Dorsett.  With Streeter and Benjamin headed to the NFL, look for Dorsett’s role on offense to increase exponentially.

Preseason EOTH Top 25 Rank:  Not Ranked (not eligible as freshman)

Top 25 Change:  N/A

#23 Clive Walford:  Playing in all 12 games and receiving 8 starts, Palm Beach county native Clive Walford emerged as the ‘Canes primary target at TE.  Giving more hope for the future, this freshman registered at least one catch in 10/12 games and finished 4th on the team in catches (18) and yards (172).  Walford came up big in rival games, scoring the first TD of his career at Florida State and recording a career-long 25 yard reception in Blacksburg.  A true bright spot on an otherwise frustratingly abysmal position for the ‘Canes, I’m really excited to see what Walford can do in the future.

Preseason Top 25 EOTH Rank:  Not Ranked (not eligible as freshman)

Top 25 Change:  N/A

1. 1st

2. Mary, I totally thought of you when I wrote this: http://www.ihatejjr.com/content/guide-dating-female-sports-fan

Great job as usual!

3. Nice first, Canes4us! Orange or green?

Oh boy, Reva, I’m worried! haha

4. The worst thing the Cowboys could have done was fire Wade Phillips and promote Jason Garrett. He is God Awful.

5. Great stuff, Reva, except I want BOTH the flowers and the Bears tickets!

Gotta keep these dudes on their toes . . .

6. So the entire NW ‘O8 class is gone?! Feeling numb…

Not sure if I’m more upset that these same guys that I sat and watched (in the O.B. nonetheless)go on a 99 yard drive to propel them into the state finals in ’07 couldnt live upto that at the []_[]… smh…

7. Green. Thanks. This is a great site. What ever happened to the “Truth” ?

8. Mary that’s true, I am just particularly bad about keeping them alive!

9. Reva
    December 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    <<<<<<<<

i enjoyed this article

. . . but who is alyssa milano?

jsq – good idea about revisiting the top 25; and good beginning

10. Mario, I hear you.

Here you go, Canes4us, green! Thanks! If Truth could knock off his incessant personal insults he would be welcome back here.

Reva, I can keep them up for a week – we’ll talk.

Alyssa Milano – Sam on Who’s the Boss.

11. PREACH, JP!

Jarrett W. Payton

Those who can — do. Those who can’t — criticize. Good morning everyone. Be great today!

12. Mario…still got Ben Jones, Thompkins and BWash (although he ended up part of the ’09 class).

13. Bg,

I just peeped the juco kid, Alonzo Agwuenu…. Physically, the kid appears to be a PROBLEM.

You know anything?

14. autumn – Alyssa Milano was (and still is for some guys) engrained into the spank bank for a lot of guys growing up in the past 20 years

Like JSQ said, she was on Who’s The Boss .. then she did a bunch of bad movies, some TV shows (like Charmed) where when the ratings for those shows would start to take a dip – then she’d wear even tighter/neckline plunging/super push up bra clothing

Then she started getting tossed around athletes like a can of dip in the clubhouse … they took it .. pinched it .. tasted it .. spit it out

15. Dorsett > Byrd, Gotta Dolla, Forston, Ray Ray, Mike Williams, Brandon McGee … sky is the limit for that kid. He’s a worker

16. lol six!!!

. . . didn’t realize my “who is alyssa milano” question was one that could get knocked out of the park

. . . but you hit the comment good enough to carry into the upper decks with the wind blowing in

. . . you may tip your cap

UMomentum says:

17th!

18. autumn – haha, I only speak the truth. Some other shows that produced people like Alyssa Milano or guys like her who didn’t do much at all after their stint on their TV show (Luke Perry) that I can think of off the top of my head ..

Saved By The Bell. Boy Meets World. Beverly Hills 90210. Melrose Place.

19. Mmmmm Zack Morris . . .

20. Always had a thing for Kirk Cameron too. In elementary school.

Although it dates me, give me a young Valerie Bertinelli in One Day at a Time over anyone.

Plus Schneider really made me laugh.

22. Hurricanes legend Leon Searcy Jr. has this to say about Streeter and Forston going to the NFL on his facebook page: “What is it about a 6-6 season which says you’re ready for the NFL. I hate to see young men being exploited by dream sellers!!! Everybody in the league is big, strong and fast. What separates the men from the boys is the development of fundamentals, techniques and work ethics which i…s essential to you’re survival in the NFL. I hate to see kids chase the cash then a few years from now, they can’t get a call back from their agent and our told their careers are over. Look, I could have come out my junior year and was projection late 1st round. I decided that be a CANE was more important plus I wasn’t ready!!! I needed to develop. If you’re a baller, the cash is coming and the NFL ain’t going nowher

23. Schneider was banging the mom and maybe the ugly sister up In that apt.

No doubt about It.

24. Randy Shannon is the new DC at Arkansas

25. WOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOUUUUUUIIIIIEEEEE!

Yay for Randy!

Fayetville is a nice town. It’s where my mommy is from!

Very happy for him! :-D

26. Damn, Petrino and Randy combo doesn’t bode well for the SEC!!

27. “During his tenure as defensive coordinator Miami’s defensive ranked No. 7 or better in 5 out of 6 years. Arkansas’ defense finished 2010 ranked No. 36 and No. 51 in 2011.”

28. My bad.

Ignore the last link.

29. Ferman is calling BS on the Randy to Arkansas Rumors. Hope he doesn’t put his foot in his mouth.

30. AFC Player of the Week….

Colin McCarthy!

I told you guys!

31. bg1906
    December 7, 2011 at 4:41 PM

AFC Player of the Week….

Colin McCarthy!

I told you guys!

————-

Cmac & CJ!
    Titans!

32. Lots of chatter about Shannon. I hope Ferman didn’t foot in arse it again! LOL

33. Also the Arkansas fan base is GIDDY about it! One man’s treasure is another man’s trash!

34. Canez1, shouldn’t you be getting in the kitchen, bish? ;-)

35. bg1906
    December 7, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Searcy speaking truth. I anticipate Forston in particular will be in for a HUGE reality check when he goes undrafted in April.

36. bg – IF Randy to Arky true, think guys like Keith Brown and AJ Leggett end up there?

37. Great point!!

Miso hornee here I come!!

38. http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33745625

^^^Freshman All-Americas.

Lots of Florida kids on that list

QB — Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville – Decommitted From UM (MNW)
    RB — Giovani Bernard, North Carolina – Never recruited or offered (St. Thomas)
    WR — Sammy Watkins, Clemson – We finished 2nd
    WR — Marqise Lee, USC – We finished 2nd
    TE — Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington – We offered. Never really interested in us.
    OL — Antonio Richardson, Tennessee – We were in it until late

DL — Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina – We offered. Never really interested in us.
    DL — Timmy Jernigan, Florida State – We never recruited or offered. (Lake City, FL Columbia HS)
    LB — Denzel Perryman, Miami – Ours
    DB — Merrill Noel, Wake Forest – – We never recruited or offered. (Pahokee)

39. Shwarma.

They could. He has ties to them. That would be interesting. I think we are fine recruiting against him though if we had too. He’d get 1 or 2 out of there a year thought you’d have to think. Golden and crew are no slouches in recruiting.

40. if a guy is from Florida and goes to Wake Forest its safe to say none of the Florida schools were hard after him – at least not until very late.

41. I thought the Bend Me Over Beef sounded tasty, Canez1!

42. I like how we got just as many 2 star players committed as we do 4 star players, we got 1 5 star player and a whole lot of 3 star players, but for some reason, i don’t see nobody complaining about this next recruiting class coming in. Also, i like how these recruiting sities like to go back and add stars when they think nobody is looking, lol.

I like to look at those 3 & 2 star players who’re playing like 4 & 5 star players now, for instance, brandon washington is a candidate for that group, curtis porter will definitely be a candidate for the 3 star & below players playing like 4 & 5 stars in college. clive walford is definitely out playing is highschool ranking.

DaytonCane says:

Esteban
    December 7, 2011 at 6:40 PM

————————————-

That is until a certain school in south Florida is interested in a former Demon Deacon playing for them…

Reality with recruiting is it’s a numbers game as much as a stars game.

You can’t measure heart and potential so the more Florida kids you have coming in who are hungry and want to bust ass, combined with real coaching and development and you can’t go wrong.

45. Butters is a pimp.

This is awesome.

46. pb(EOTHROH11) says:
    December 7, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    Reality with recruiting is it’s a numbers game as much as a stars game.

I just remember reading several people complaining because we didn’t have a lot high star recruits when shannon was at the helm, but now all of a sudden goldie is in charge of the gun line and i’m not hearing no complaints and he has less star power players than shannon. Alot of shannon’s lower star rated recruits have played like 4 & 5 star players when it counts, allen hurns being one of them, who some of us knew he was going to ball.

I like clive walford, he got that same pride that epps had but just a lil bit more when it comes to being tuff out there on that football field. epps use to always make and to be the 1st to get up after contact. clive always makes sure he let other players know who’s the tuffest out there, and he’s only a redshirt freshman, with a heart like shannon. He bringing tuffness back, and they still should’ve redshirted asante, it was mistake not redshirting him.

47. Whoever shannon becomes the d-co for, their going to have a real good defense at some point, we all knew it was going to happen at some point for real. As long as that southern miss coach that seems to be headed towards unc doesn’t hire shannon as his d-co we’ll be straight. shannon knows how to give oppossing oc’s fits.

48. Plus shannon’s defenses definitely relies and brings out alot more of the individual athleticism of players as oppose to that 3-4 scheme that relies more on system football than individual players. This is why you keep hearing all these key words about gap integrity and freelancing, when shannon was the d-co and prior to this new regime getting here, those words were not in UM’s vocabulary!

UMomentum says:

@McShay13
    Todd McShay
    Miami could see boatload of underclassmen bolt to NFL. DT Forston (Day2 prospect) and WR Streeter (mid-RD) gone. Told several more to follow
    4 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

UMomentum says:

several?

Although Golden said in his press conference he believed “the worst was behind us” in terms of what sanctions UM could be facing from the NCAA, I’ve heard on my travels throughout Miami-Dade and Broward high schools over the past two weeks Golden and his assistants have been telling recruits “scholarships are limited.” Several local coaches have told me UM is anticipating losing scholarships and thus is doing its best to create room by encouraging some current players to walk. Again, just what I’m hearing from outside — nothing concrete from UM.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2011/12/what-does-canes-2012-depth-chart-look-like-heres-my-best-guess.html#ixzz1fvPiF29G

52. PlayaCane aka Rashad
    December 8, 2011 at 2:17 AM
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thats a pretty strong accusation/rumor to make public as AG has said on multiple occasions how he deals with underclassmen inquiring about the NFL. We’ll see but something tells me Forston & Streeter were not pushed out the door.

I personally think HS coaches just don’t understand what UM coaches mean when they say “scholarships are limited”. Having so many commits already, recruits can’t take their sweet time to decide if they wanna play for the []_[]. These coaches believe in their ability to “coach’em up” so when talent is comparable to another player out there, why bother dealing with divas. AG talks a lot about changing the culture and a good way to do that is to gather guys who have already bought into the program and would submit to the “process” early.

What CK just said.

Why would Manny relegate himself to shameless rumor mongering? I’m pretty sure what AG meant when he said “scholarships are limited” was that we already have quite a few commitments, and only a few ‘ships are left. Check the numbers. Good call, CK.

This was almost as bad as the the paranoid meltdown the”beast” had on twitter last night about AG going to PSU just because there was a charter jet that flew from Miami to State College, PA (PSU).

Guy was in a full-on AG going to Penn State tizzy.

SMFH at the retard media down here.

54. We were already told there will be no reduction in scholarships this year.

I agree, total nonsense once again.

No doubt in my mind that life are being asked to seek shelter.

Tough business and given what we saw on the field this year I don’t blame him one bit for cleaning house and starting over.

Needs to be done.

Third time I say it, let them all go, Lamar Miller included if he likes. Give me 30 new kids ready to run through a wall for Golden.

56. LOL, of course schalorships are limited, whether the ncaa reduces them or not, but the fact that we do have that many un-anticipated/maybe not logical underclassmen rolling out, be that as it may, even if the ncaa reduces schalorships, we’ll still get our fair share of talent and just increase our practice players. The funny thing is, as much as most people in the U.S. are against UM, we might actually be the standard bearer for how you handle an ncaa investigation by being rewarded for cooperating as well as the ncaa rewriting the books and coming up with ways to deal with weazel a.d.’s like locutt!

57. Game used football, signed by Golden, from win over the Suckeyes in the American Football Coaches Associatiob charity auction at:

58. Charlie Miller>Quadarias Mireles>Usain Bolt>Jeremy Davis

CapeCoralCane says:

Hurri….I like Miller a lot.

60. How my firm tries to get the mean litigator out of me:

Mary has my revisions and comments on the Motion to Compel. She needs to be ANGRY, the way a fan feels when her team goes and misses a bowl game. Then it will be ready to go.

61. Wow, my friends from high school sound like they are gonna jump off a bridge about Pujols . . .

CapeCoralCane says:

Another shooting on the VT campus. Cop shot and killed.

CapeCoralCane says:

Not confirmed he was killed. Hopefully not. Whats up with that place and guns?

east st louis cane says:

JSQ they are going crazy in st louis because he left they had to put a security guard at his restaurant where is statue is.

65. Cape Coral,

Kid makes it happen, right?

CapeCoralCane says:

Kids got wheels Hurri…Is this really his first year playing HS football? Heard he was a BB player that went out for football this year.

67. I don’t know Cape….

Bg is lunchin’. Ockie needs to get on his job.

But yeah, kiddo can bake. CFB is full kids who are fast, but some dudes just appear to make it happen. Miller’s film identifies with that.
    Don’t know what else he can do at the position…..But so far, I’m wit it.

68. CapeCoralCane says:
    December 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    Not confirmed he was killed. Hopefully not. Whats up with that place and guns?
    /////////////////////////////

69. Hurri says:
    December 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    I don’t know Cape….

Bg is lunchin’. Ockie needs to get on his job.

Don’t know what else he can do at the position…..But so far, I’m wit it.

Don’t sleep on d’mauri jones coming in too, these wide-outs are going to be hungry cause they all know they got a a real chance to play as young guns. I got full confidence in coach young mcdonald coaching our wideout crew, and i got full confidence in allen hurns leading and setting the standard for the young ones coming in. No wonder streeter was catching balls and working as hard as he was all day long this year, that man was ready to go to the pro’s. Now with that foot injury, you already know he couldn’t wait to go pro.

70. several more guys going pro – Vernon, Miller and BWash I’d guess.

71. i like Jones. looks like someone who might need a minute but could turn into a helluva WR.

72. Only one more shopping day left until Canez1’s birthday . . .

73. I also like Jones….

I’m like Samara….I never sleep.

74. Mmmmmm

sleeeeep

Oh that sounds so good right now . . .

I’ve billed 50 hours this week since Sunday, not counting today.

Sleeeeep, mmmmmmmmm

UMomentum says:

December 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    Hurri says:
    December 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    I don’t know Cape….

Bg is lunchin’. Ockie needs to get on his job.

Don’t know what else he can do at the position…..But so far, I’m wit it.

“No wonder streeter was catching balls and working as hard as he was all day long this year, that man was ready to go to the pro’s. Now with that foot injury, you already know he couldn’t wait to go pro.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    These are the type of details that will be corrected with Golden. The philosophical variance between this regime and the last is significant. This mass exodus doesn’t seem logical at first glance, but the decision to leave early is a personal one that fully exhibits the aversion to change held by these players. I’m not talking about a strong disagreement; I’m referring to that “I’ll do it how I do it” mentality. There’s an attempt at physical change but the paradigm shift has not happened yet.

When battling against deeply ingrained habits with a limited time to produce the desired results, sometimes it’s better (by that I mean understandable) to just start anew. My issue with these players is their mindset. If you can conceptualize the necessity to work as hard as possible to get into the NFL, why can’t you see the correlation to ‘being that same guy everyday’ and not just during the contract year?

This is why fans can display admiration for a Sean Spence but disdain for a Marcus Forston. Same class, same school, same expectation but altogether different character. I don’t want a paper champion, a score sheet star or a hype-master; give me a passionate warrior, a gladiator for glory of the legacy, a team player, a true believer, a knight, a violent conqueror with a cause… recruit that, recruit leaders.

76. I just wanna see some kids that play with an edge, or some venom. Show some intensity. Tired of fielding teams….be they “Talented” or not….that are just floating around like lost souls, waiting to be avenged or passage into the next dimension.
    When you make a play….let the opposition know about it. You can be assertive without drawing a flag.
    Chickillo might look like the biggest geek in the world after he makes a play, but he’s going in the right direction. Maybe Gray Crow sucks all to be damned….Be he appears to have that whole, “Youve gotta be a bit a d!ckhead, to be a good boss” thing going on.
    Has anyone ever seen a team with as listless a two-minute offense as ours?? It’s like they are alright with just being in the game. And these guys for the nerve to think they’re ready to leave school early??

Please.

I’m hoping that the next couple crops of kids DESPISE losing. DESPISE IT.

77. “The Hurricanes are my DREAM school”

“The Hurricanes have that swagger that matches mines”

“I think I can come right in and make an impact”

“I think my best quality is my leadership”

“Not to sound to cocky, but I don’t think anyone can cover me”

“I love hitting people”

“I hate losing”

“I see myself winning multiple championships while I’m here”

THEN ACT LIKE IT, THEN….B!TCHES!!

78. Either Aaron is pulling my leg or . . .

Did Charlie Weis just leave Floriduh for the Kansas job?

79. Umomentum / Hurri

Wow!! Nice post! Agree 100%

Enough Divas!

80. JSQ
    December 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM
    Either Aaron is pulling my leg or . . .

Did Charlie Weis just leave Floriduh for the Kansas job?
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

no leg-pulling . . .

81. Umomentum, excellent points, that’s what actually stood out to me in that raising Canes video where forston went to spence and started telling em he felt like he let the team down, so spence basically was like, “hell, don’t tell me, tell the team” but also he had that look on his face like dawg, we going into our 4th year and you really saying that to me, come on man!

82. JSQ says:
    December 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM
    Either Aaron is pulling my leg or . . .

Did Charlie Weis just leave Floriduh for the Kansas job?
    ///////////////////////////////

Let’s see who can pull charlie weiss’s leg!

83. autumn
    December 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    December 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM
    Either Aaron is pulling my leg or . . .

Did Charlie Weis just leave Floriduh for the Kansas job?
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

no leg-pulling . . .

——————————————————————————–

Talking about Drama Queens…….SMH

WTH is going on in gheyturville?

They like ‘em big in Kansas. Mike Mangino, a skinny guy, now Charlie Weis. They must think wins are proportional to waist size.

85. NelsonAgh3 Nelson Agholor
    Really don’t know what to say right now
    43 minutes ago

86. @Jacobybrissett
    Da fuk!!!

Aaaaaaaaahaaaaaa

87. ROFL

Jagooney should have thought long and hard about his choice.

88. Virginia is like the country/ok corral, you can walk round with a gun on your hip all day long!
    ————-

No doubt. Me and my cuz went through a phase a year and a half ago where we rocked a burner with Holster everywhere we went. It really is nothing here. Aint as bad as Texas, though

89. Brisset going to Floriduh was one of the most disappointing/ stupid/ dumb decisions i’ve seen someone make.

Why in blazing hell would he go there? Especially behind 4 other QB’s…..

Did he really think they were championship caliber,still?

What a doofus.

90. Uchamps
    December 8, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Why in blazing hell would he go there? Especially behind 4 other QB’s…..

Did he really think they were championship caliber,still?

What a doofus.
    ———————————————————————————————

I guess Mother Knows best………..remember how his mother was totally against him going to F?

Dumb !

Who will take Weis’ place at UF?

Muschamp should start his search with two UF alumni: Kerwin Bell, the head coach at Jacksonville University, and Jedd Fisch — the offensive coordinator at the University of Miami.

^^^^^^^

Let the games begin

92. Anyone know a good link to watch ESPN?

rejuvaphan says:

Jedd Fisch spotted in Gainesville! Any information on this? All sort of rumors flying!

94. Probably recruiting!! You all think Jeddi would work under Mushi?? He could be Musch’s boss not the other way around!

Rejuv – that’s a TOTALLY UNFOUNDED rumor or as of now.

96. Raphael Kirby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbFDU8v1EpU

JSQ. Been under the wether. Look for it in the first half of the AM or early afternoon.

97. This kid is taking someone’s playing time

98. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7331385/ted-roof-auburn-tigers-becomes-ucf-knights-defensive-coordinator

This could help us land Deon Bush.

Now we need Auburn to grab Stoops from FSU,
    they are really worried he’s gonna bolt up here in Tally.

99. Ah sh*t, here comes how many days of Fisch going to UiF rumors/fairy tales from all the Cane or Croc related sites

Days of our Fisch coming in 3 .. 2 ..

Hey Jacoby – I got somethin for ya

..I..

That’s supposed to be me giving you the international sign for “hello” in type – you know, communicating, keeping up foreign relations, giving you the bird .. you know, the finger?

That was my Top Gun quote of the night

..I.. (the finger) doesn’t look as good as this does (o)(o) … (bewbs), but, you get the point

BAHAHAHA

Everything posted on the internets/twitter/Facebook/randomblogs is true, six, don’t you know that?

101. Anyone see Big Ben talking to Whipple after the game?

102. CanesCanesCanes – one major downfall for members of the media that have twitter (or anyone for that matter) .. it can really show how retarded they are in a very very wide open forum for everyone to see …… anddd that’s just not very good for their rep if they’re trying to play “smart reporter/writer” in their minds

Won’t even go into all the examples that I’ve seen – but here’s one … a certain sports reporter congratulated a pitcher on the local MLB team that they have covered and worked for, for 2 years – congratulating that pitcher for throwing a perfect game, blowing their Twitter up with how they were so happy about it, how it’s historical, putting the words “perfect game” in all caps on their tweets, bla bla bla

It was a no hitter – not a perfect game …. just a litttttle bit different, but to put 5 to 6 Tweets about it for not only all of that reporter’s followers, but all the people that were linked to it as well to laugh about it – eeessh. Wouldn’t be so bad if that reporter were humble about their knowledge of the game and the team, but, when that reporter acts like they have the baseball IQ of Connie Mack and thinks they know about the game of baseball – ehhh, ya, not going to be getting any sympathy

You gotta be careful about what you say toward Brian London, my man Canez1 adores him to death, hahaha …. seriously though, I’ve never heard anyone breath so loudly while they’re awake, it was frightening and fascinating at the same time

103. Here’s certain Miami Cane media take on guns and who has used them …

No doubt they’d pass it as fact

Holy sh!t, six. There are people that walk through life blissfully unaware of their pathetic incompetence. A no hitter the same as a perfect game? Wow!

But then are you surprised? There are so many examples. That’s a local one. What about the national hacks? Starting with bony ass Erin Andrews.

105. Speaking of useless reporters, I am actually convinced any female reporter they put on ESPN is there purely to slurp #15 on the Broncos…

106. Chuckling to myself in the doctor’s waiting room.

When I was here last year I was drafting the Grudengate article on my iPhone.

So happy we have Golden!

Not just the females, S5

Teabag = homo-eroticism run amok

You’ve got mail

109. Perryman named freshman All-American
    Hurricanes linebacker Denzel Perryman was among 26 players named to CBSSports.com’s Freshman All-American team Wednesday night.

Perryman finished the season ranked first among Atlantic Coast Conference freshmen with 69 tackles. He finished his first year with UM ranked second on the team in tackles and tied for third on the team in tackles for loss (6.5).

In his first career start against then-No. 20 Georgia Tech, Perryman recorded seven tackles, three tackles for loss and his first career sack. He would go on to start the final four games of the season for the Hurricanes, recording a career-high 14 tackles in the team’s season finale against Boston College.
    ///////////////////////////

shaprton who!

CapeCoralCane says:

Perryman is the real deal Cal. Kirby reminds me of Perryman when you watch his tape. Can’t wait to get that kid here.

111. I’ve telling you guys about Perryman since Perryman was a freshman in HS! He was exceptional THEN too! Esteban, doubted him…HEHEHE! (In my Shaq voice) Esteban, tell me how the CROW TASTES! HAHAHA!

112. Perryman’s pads were too big in high school. thru off my evaluation.

113. I just hope Perryman doesn’t get a big head like Forston. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he also make freshman All-American?

114. i might just hit up the GA state finals either today or the ones tomorrow. i live within walking distance of the GA Dome at this point. Any of our recruits going to be playing?

115. CK, we had a number of freshman all americans type guys that year. i guess this is where the player development argument gets to be proven by Golden and crew.

116. Props to the kid Devon Still for being an AA, too.

Delaware up in this b!tch.

Esteban
    December 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    Perryman’s pads were too big in high school. thru off my evaluation.

Este – you’re a funny guy

118. Forston and Spence were both Freshman All-Americas that year.

119. Hurri.

Devon Still bad boy!

Esteban.

I think Stephenson is out so I don’t believe we have anymore in GA State Playoffs

120. Bg,

That kid Vernon Davis looks like a G, too.

121. Hurri.

VD is cool. But needs to get stronger and work on his technique as a DB.

122. bg, VD is never cool….

123. Esteban says:
    December 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    Perryman’s pads were too big in high school. thru off my evaluation.
    ////////////////////////////

ROFL, well we’ll blame him, since sharpton was the linebacer he came up after!

124. Esteban says:
    December 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    ///////////////////////////

You moved man, ok, no wonder we hadn’t seen you for a minute. And if you moved close to Atlanta, hell, you might as well had moved back to Miami, cause that’s where 1/3 of the people who left Miami went!

125. shwarma5 says:
    December 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    bg, VD is never cool….

I always knew it was something that made your comments keep arriving from you left field, it’s crystal clear now!

126. Cal you never disappoint…

127. CanesCanesCanes – Erin Andrews is all kinds of awful. I’ve been saying that since she was reporting on the Lightning here in Tampa back in the day for Brighthouse Sports – her pops is this guy at the local NBC affiliate, I never got to work with him when I was at that station for a brief stint

She should give thanks everyday to whoever created the IFB system to be used in television, b/c without that, she’d be royally hosed. That little ear piece she has is her saving grace b/c the producer is feeding her info into it like crazy to help make her not look as a bad as she could without it

The problem is, the powers at the mother ship, ESPN, thought/think that males aged puberty thru old hangin ballz watch College Gameday to see her … or are more interested in whatever college game she is on the sidelines for. Unreal

If you’re going to put some eye candy on the sidelines, then use Jenn Brown more often or even Suzy Kolber – Kolber at least is a good reporter in all aspects. If you’re going to use someone in studio, Samantha Ryan is the choice – she’s very good and crazy hot to boot. Michelle Beadle is good as well, you can tell she knows her sh*t – she’s got that sexy thing going on as well

Erin Andrews “reporting” skills are sub par – then again, when you’re a sideline reporter, you’re not really doing much at all … believe me … so sub par is actually a compliment. It’s not that hard to be able to walk up/down the sideline, get right behind the players bench to hear what the coaches/players are saying, ask the trainer what is wrong with whatever player just got injured, then go hunt down the head coach before/after the game to ask a couple of dumb questions – it’s really easy when you’ve got the help of security and runners who are with you b/c you work for either ESPN/ABC/NBC/FOX. CBS got rid of their sideline reporters – they’re smart b/c they realize they’re somewhat useless

When up on the set or out in the field to do a look live (either live or taped), like she did during the Alabama/LSU week – that’s when she was really exposed. Her interview with the coaches & players was painful to watch, compared to the other reporter ESPN had at the opposing camp to do the same thing

I’m sure a couple of people can remember back in the day on canespace when I first rolled in there and gave my 2 cents about Erin Andrews. I said I’ve got no idea why guys think she’s hot – I think she looks like an emaciated Trev Alberts with long hair. They have the same face, it’s uncanny …… and ya, she’s too damn skinny, she has those praying mantis looking arms with an iron board ass

UMomentum says:

Does anyone have a link for the State Semifinal playoffs, particularly

Miramar (12-0) at Miami Columbus (10-2) at FIU South, 7:30 p.m?

Howard vs Bush

Chik not making it was a joke.

UMomentum says:

Class 8A state semifinal — Miramar (12-0) vs. Miami Columbus (10-2),
    7:30 p.m., Friday, FIU
    Class 6A state semifinal — Daytona Beach Mainland (12-1) vs. Miami Central (12-0), 7:30 p.m., Friday, Traz Powell
    Class 5A state semifinal — Miami Norland (13-0) at Palmetto (12-1),
    7:30 p.m., Friday
    Class 4A state championship — Booker T. Washington (12-1) vs. Jacksonville Bolles (12-1), 7 p.m., Saturday, Citrus Bowl

We can’t get that fence up fast enough.

131. Calvin, yeah i got some old Central Rockets up here to hang with. Some Carol City folk too.

132. Yeah Bg,

He does appear to take a second too long to open his legs and go. Shorter corners always seem to be be wound a little tight.

133. new blog up