Save the Date: ‘Canes Spring Games

The kickoff to spring Football practice is just days away as is fans’ opportunity to cheer on the 2012 version of the ‘Canes! In addition to the limited access open spring football practice (which you can win access to by posting a picture of you displaying ‘Canes pride on Eye of the Hurricane’s Facebook page and getting the most “likes”), the Miami Hurricanes will be taking the show on the road for three spring scrimmages, culminating in the spring game at Sun Life Stadium.

Mark your calendar for the dates below:

Saturday, March 24th

10am – noon

Ted Hendricks Stadium

4800 Palm Avenue

Hialeah, FL 33012

Friday, March 30th

7pm-9pm

Bishop Verot High School Stadium

5598 Sunrise Drive

Fort Myers, FL 33919

Saturday, April 14

2pm-4pm

Sun Life Stadium

Miami Gardens, FL

Also, just in case you have been too successful with your New Year’s resolutions to get in shape, Eye of the Hurricane will be partnering with the Palm Beach and Southwest Florida Alumni Clubs to provide an awesome spring game tailgate on April 14th!  Say goodbye to your jello shot and cupcake withdrawals.  More details to come!

GO ‘CANES!

Go Canes Beat UNC!!!

2. Woo hoo!

Nice first, Philly!

Orange or green?

SpeedWrecks says:

Our former ballas are prep-ing up for the combines.

Tidbits:

Vernon is running sick 4Os times.
    Streeter is fast and at almost 225lbs, & graduating in ’12
    Miller Time is flying freaking fast
    Spence is fast, smart, with nose for ball
    Serious Brandon Washington talks about how his body of work can “shock the world” at combines, but gets clowned; can’t finished N T View, lol

Six

You forgot one thing.

Lin, while a man of faith, is not a “faith showboater” like Teabag.

Before I start getting hate on this comment, let it be known that I have no problem with displays of faith or ministry or missionary work. I was brought up in a religious home, so I get it.

But I personally feel that constantly using faith to call attention to oneself is hypocritical and insincere. Not every first down or TD is a mandate from God declaring you as God’s personal messenger of faith and goodness, I believe someone else had that role 2000 years ago.

Ill do green JSQ i dont like sharin any colors with those gaytors ha

Anyone seen londons, i refuse to call him beast, interview with golden? Golden basically said ppl still arent buyin into Utough and whoever it is they gota be older.. still got ppl to weed out

6. Here you go, Philly! Green!

I haven’t seen Brian’s interview but hearing that makes me sick. They are football players for ____ sake!

That’s like me being like, um, yeah, I don’t really want to do all this reading and writing.

My boss would be like, yeah, um, there’s like a foreclosure defense firm down the block you can work for at 1/3 of the salary. Have fun with that.

7. I’m excited for you guys to see all the new upgrades coming to the site! :-D

SpeedWrecks says:

CanesCanesCanes

February 15, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Six

You forgot one thing.

Lin, while a man of faith, is not a “faith showboater” like Teabag.

Before I start getting hate on this comment, let it be known that I have no problem with displays of faith …. I was brought up in a religious home, so I get it.

““““““““““““““““““““““““““““

You won’t get hate from my response but a couple of facts of our hated rival team’s former QB actions:

1) He never claims to call attention to “his” self, but to the contrary, it is to his Lawd’s attention that he aims his calls to;

2) How can one be “hypocritical & insincere” if one truly believes in your heart that call-ing attention to the glory & praise of one’s Lawd & Saviour may bring others to the fold of grace and, as one consequence, the call-er would gain Heavenly favor with one’s Lawd for said action?

3) Cx3 paradox: You “have no problems with displays of faith” and related affection, yet you “personally feel that constantly using faith” should be exaggerated into accusing the expressor of said faith, of the false claim, that his every “1st down or TD” as a decree from God! Seriously, seriously, when did ever Teabag proclaim that!? We all know the Teebo man said that his Lawd “careless who wins or who lost”, but he just needs to play his best when competing on the field

4) Hey what the heck, you get a pass from me, as it is what you “personally feel” about Teabag expression of faith, regardless of constancy, and you are entitled to all that, sans the propaganda.
    Maybe, that is all he really cares much about, notwithstanding the zillions of people who loathe him or those zillions who admire him. Paz.

Thanks JSQ, yeah is absurd. This is an excerpt:

Beast : You installed the U-Tough off-season program last year. The guys are back at it again now. How has this year’s offseason program changed since last year’s?

Golden : It’s weird. Down here things take on a persona of their own some times and I don’t get it. I know a lot of coaches don’t get it either. Big deal. Just because they weren’t doing it here before we got here doesn’t mean that it’s punishment, or punitive, or that we’re doing something special. Every team in America is going to do something like that in the off-season. That’s not really the challenge. When I hear guys say, “nobody is working like this,” that’s not true. That’s not true. Everybody is out there. It’s just a function of who can get their eighty or ninety players to have the best off-season program, the best stations, the best work out, that’s who is going to rise to the top. We all have the same work outs. We all have the same weights. We all have the same computers. That’s what the culture is all about. It’s who can create more value from their opportunity then the other eleven guys and opponents.

10. Sounds like some of our players need a blanket and a binky.

I still would like to take some of them to barre class.

I’ve never seen a guy who could complete one.

Sounds like our players need to grow some vaginas and work harder.

11. Six says:
    February 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    TCU at least handles it in the correct manner, for now

“The students involved were immediately separated from TCU and criminally trespassed from campus. Further, according to University policy, students arrested and found in violation of distributing drugs are subject to immediate expulsion from TCU.”
    —————————————————————————————————-

Yeah kinda crazy when you think this should be the response then you go look at an PSU where a serial rapist is not only not prosecuted but his crimes are swept under the rug and he has an office and even was in the press box for JoePa’s last game.

12. JSQ what is going on with the site? The Caneinsider thing threw me off is this going to be a pay site now?

13. Hassan, the CaneInsider stuff has been up there for nearly a year now.

Eye of the Hurricane WILL NOT be a pay site.

That’s why I am here.

But CaneInsider and EOTH’s sites will be linked now so that people can seamlessly go between sites without having to log on to both separately, and we will also have some improved graphics.

[JSQ cues “You Fancy, Huh?”]

14. What was going on today is that EOTH was moved to CI’s servers so that is a HUGE improvement on the speed of the site loading.

As well, you don’t have to type in wordpress anymore. Just http://www.eyeofthehurricane.net.

But there is a redirect if you have the wordpress site bookmarked. I thought it would be confusing for you guys otherwise.

Don’t worry. Mother Hen JSQ isn’t going to let anything bad happen to EOTH. This is all for the better, to improve y’alls reading experience.

15. Anyone want a cupcake and/or jello shot to celebrate?! :-D

16. We are sending 8 I believe to the combine, I also like to follow all the kids from FLA. I love to see how guys measure up and perform at this giant audition but I think the 40 yard dash is really the show case event, The NBA actually has had their combines in Orlando and no one ever cares you have to be a basketball junkie just to find the results of their combine.

As for the show case event A few guys from FLA I am going to look for will be

#1. Miller- I expect a 4.28-4.32 @ 218 lbs
    #2. TB3- He will blaze a 4.25-4.29 and claim the fastest combine title for Miami two years in a row.
    3. Chris Rainey- He has legit speed very comparable to TB in track. I can see a 4.29-4.33 out of him.
    4. Deonte Thomspon- Another Legit track guy a 4.37 easy
    5. Streeter- 4.38 at 6’5ish and 220 lbs will make him money, anything under that and he will be the known as StarScream.

17. Hassan, I think 3 and 4 will be even faster if they are running from the cops like they have practiced in Jortsville.

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

This ID Channel is my new sh!t.

19. JSQ says:
    February 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

————————————————————————————————–

LOL yeah I think Rainey will have his EX GF there with her restraining order and he is going to do all the drills in Jorts.

20. Go Canes!

21. Hi Mom! Love you!

22. My boss always says I will have to stalk him to get something reviewed before it goes out . . . which it rarely does . . . and my response is always the same:

Consider me Chris Rainey.

SpeedWrecks says:

February 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

—–

Post of the Day.

24. What is the ID channel?

I’m working from home today because the contractors were SUPPOSED to come to give me another estimate.

So I’m watching The Wire on DVD.

25. Religion or anything about it is a dangerous subject in the fact that well, it’s near impossible to change a lot of people’s attitude toward it

Have to take a step back and be objective about it, that’s probably the hardest thing to do honestly

A lot of people don’t like to have certain subjects shoved in their face all the time. We get it, you wear scriptures or whatever on your eye black .. the cameras catch you praying for the opposing team to be stopped on a crucial down -or- miss a field goal -or- for your own kicker to make field goal -or- even admit it with a laugh when a reporter asks you if you were looking for some higher power to help you win …… yes, that happened

How many other players not only in the NFL, but NBA, MLB, NHL, soccer, lacrosse, etc. are devoutly religious as well (mainly Christianity) but aren’t constantly reminding everyone of it at every waking moment when the camera is on? It’s a hell of a lot easier to accept that in this country due to the certain faith that is overwhelming the favorite among athletes – we had to pray before Little League games if that tells you anything

When I asked a woman up at work why she loves the Broncos QB so much, even though she is in no way a sports fan or could even name any other player – she said b/c she admires how he stands up for his religious beliefs and shows it, how hard that must be

I almost had to ask someone to punch me in the face as hard as they could to wake me up

The guy is a not ugly white Christian QB who played for a redneck school in college and plays for a team in the NFL that resides in a state that isn’t exactly Atheist. That’s not exactly who I’d be admiring for what he is doing or what he believes in. We’re not living in ancient Rome where guys like him would be thrown into an arena with some oversized hungry cats and told to see if they can get out alive

In other words, he’s not exactly Cassius Clay

This isn’t exactly a country that is kind to any other religious belief outside of Christianity – esp. if that other religious belief is Muslim or Judaism

What say you Jake Plummer?

“regardless of whether I wish he’d just shut up after a game and go hug his teammates, I think he’s a winner and I respect that about him,” said Plummer. “I think that when he accepts the fact that we know that he loves Jesus Christ, then I think I’ll like him a little better. I don’t hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff.”

What say you Jesus?

You know that Troy Polamalu prays before or after each snap during the game?

February 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Sounds like our players need to grow some vaginas and work harder.

^^^^^^^^^^

AWE HELL NAW…

L M B B O!!!!!!

Post of the day sista

Well wadda you know, there are other people out there that do good and devote their time to worthwhile causes.

Great story about Rocky McIintosh reconnecting with Willie Cooper and visiting Kuwait.

Six
    February 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM

^^^^^^

Hellova post dawg!!!

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

The ID Channel is a cable channel (1103 round here) that covers unsolved mysteries, crime, missing persons, ect.
    I be up on my crime sh!t and not until like a month ago, I’d never ever turned to this channel. I enjoy watching, reading, hearing about just how screwbally people can be, in this world.
    True stills tho….If your somebody who has a million-channel cable package, you should try breaking form, and looking at some of those channels that you normally view as speed bumps, on the way to the seven or eight channels you watch every day.

Except the LOGO Network….It’s Slambuttsky.

30. What Six said.

Also, I’d like to add that he is a hypocrite because he doesn’t seem to know much about that book he supposedly lives his life by.

His illiteracy, home schooling, bad SAT score, and lack of education at the University of Floriduh is no excuse.

Exhibit A: And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. Matthew, 6:5.

Exhibit B: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2055722/Is-Tebowing-new-Planking-NFL-fans-drop-knees-latest-internet-craze.html

Exhibit C: When you give to someone in need, don’t do as the hypocrites do–blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get. Matthew, 6:2.

Exhibit D: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=3812896

A is not consitent with B. C is not consistent with D.

And that is why TT is a hypocrite.

31. UM Alum, SD Florida Judge Jordan, just got confirmed to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

[JSQ raises roof]

He’s a really nice man too.

GO ‘CANES!!!

February 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    What Six said.

Exhibit D: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=3812896

A is not consitent with B. C is not consistent with D.

And that is why TT is a hypocrite.

^^^^^^^
    +100000000000000000000

Straight from the BOOK

Ole gal on fire today

#nosuckup

33. Leave it to a girl who grew up around Southern Baptists to post that ish above.

Can’t stand people who act like that.

If you are a true believer, people can see it in your deeds. You don’t have to go walking around with a sandwich board on that says “I love Jesus!!!” ringing a bell.

That, combined with the fact that the media whitewashed, and continues to do so, the behavior of his felonious teammates because of what TT did, is why he makes me sick.

In my mind, he’s no better than the b!tches who would send my friends (Mormon, Jewish, Methodist) and me “You’re Going to He!!” letters from Baptist Bible Summer Camp, and then the next fall, they ended up pregnant.

Crack open that book, darlin, and while you’re at it, close your damn legs.

34. 7 new Facebook fans today! Yay!

The contest is working!

Muahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!

[JSQ’s evil ‘Cane laugh]

35. Anyone know who this 4 Star Saftey is that Canesport is talking about?

SpeedWrecks says:

SpeedWrecks February 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Our former ballas are prep-ing up for the combines.
    Tidbits:

Vernon is running sick 4Os times.
    Streeter is fast and at almost 225lbs, & graduating in ’12
    Miller Time is flying freaking fast
    Spence is fast, smart, with nose for ball

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hassan February 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM

As for the show case event A few guys from FLA I am going to look for will be

#1. Miller- I expect a 4.28-4.32 @ 218 lbs
    4. Deonte Thomspon- Another Legit track guy a 4.37 easy

Our crew of underachieving UM ballers at the combines may well be the first posse out of the U in a long time with a 1st round draft choice, and quite possibly, with multiple 1st round draftees. Jst wished they had shined here, as opposed to whatever they might pull on Sundays!I like your listing of players being the fastest in the 4Os time… being all from Florida. But Travis Benjamin no # 1?

Not so fast, I know a lil about speed, Track, & times. TB won’t be # 1… not as long as JDemps is running the 4Os in these combines per his invite. He runs the 6O meter dash at sub 6.60/60, and the 100 meters in sub 1O. sec time. Don’t think Benji can touch that if Jeff’s there & focus. Now, be that JDemps wants to run the Olympics, he might skip the whole combines altogether. With him out, we’d have both Travis Benjamin and Chris Rainey running an NCAA best of 6.70/60 meter dash! That is flying, just freaking flying… which does equates anything from 4.22 to 4.32/40 dash time. I’d give the edge to Benjamin who should post a time ~ 4.24/4O-4.27/4O, because TB has run lots of 4Os time in sub 4.3O time. but I’d expect Lamar Miller to be right there too, right around the same time as his best 6O meter is at 6.70/60 meter as well…. but only issue is that he packs 215lbs, which shall vault him above all running backs, with TrenT Richardson, being 1 possible exception. Streeter will surprise with his time; expect sub 4.35 time. Vernon, Brandon, Spence, I feel, will all surprise.

37. Ronny
    February 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Anyone know who this 4 Star Saftey is that Canesport is talking about?

—————————————————————————————

Jamal Carter

38. :-(

Stupid Tarheels.

39. Wow Clay Davis is on Law & Order SVU.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

40. speed, Demps has given up football to try to make it to the Olympics in track. won’t be at the combine last i heard.

41. jsq!!

Nice changes to the site!! Page loading much faster!! Thanks a lot for everything you do!!

42. Thanks, Bori, but I can’t take credit for the changes. That was all CaneInsider.

43. UM ranks last in the ACC in attendance, and Larranaga aims to change that. On Monday night, the coach and several of his players (along with UM women’s coach Katie Meier and her players) canvassed the campus handing out free chicken wings and pizza to personally invite students to the game. Apparently, they listened.
    /////////////////////////////

WHAT, who needs a tailgate! shad a.k.a. dj jazzy jeff had to be their.

Omar Kelly twitter-

Couldn’t have said it, any better.

45. Huff!

Larranaga and Meier, if you want to do a tailgate showdown, let’s call Guy Fieri and do it right, no sneaking behind my back while I’m still at work.

I’ve got new recipes. Empanadas and mini Cuban sandwiches for the Spring Game tailgate.

[JSQ beats chest and growls]

They are going down faster than a croc cheerleader.

Lol@Calvin. I’ll be a DJ, while JSQ, hands out the food. That will get attendance up!

47. Omar Kelly would also be the first one to jump on the bandwagon if we started the season 4-0…

48. I’m usually the first to show up at ‘Canes games and among the last to leave, so . . .

Golden, I’m available to go yell at these boys and then take their weak a$$es to a barre class (that they will pay for, of course, no NS here).

If you want hungry, I will dangle a cupcake in front of them while they stay in a plank for 3 minutes, tucking their knees into their chests.

49. Agreed, CK.

Can’t say I’m an Omar fan after how he wrote about RS.

50. I will concede if Larranaga and Meier were handing out Sports Grill wings, that’s a fine game day effort right there.

If they were from The Big Cheese, I have one word for you:

AMATEURS!

51. Speedwrecks I am also a track guy and it is going to be fun to watch the combine this year. Demps will not play football again he is strictly a track guy now and won’t participate at the Combine. Miller http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=1807542
    ran a 6.75 60m a couple years ago and last year ran 6.78.
    I think he is going to impress people, his game is built on speed and he is training hard to really show off his speed at this combine.

The 4.30 flat is great but guys like Chris Johnson are 200 lbs while Miller is going to weigh in north of 215 so he is not a scat back. He will have the best size/speed combo since AP.

I wouldn’t say I’m a Omar fan either, but I think he’s dead on with the mentality thing. Too many of those kids, that just left, were focused on Swag winning games. Looking forward to that change in the overall team mentality.

53. Agreed, Rashad.

I have an article idea on the topic. Maybe I will write it this weekend.

Gotta fill up the slow time somehow!

54. I’ll be in the Keys at my sorority sister Sharon’s (a lot of you have met her and she was profiled on EOTH for getting Stephen Morris to the elementary school at which she teaches – his alma mater for the FCAT pep rally) family’s house but it is a beer pong tournament and I truly SUCK at beer pong. I’m a flip cup girl.

And Sebastian will be staying at home with his surrogate snuggler aka pet sitter so I will be testing out the spring game recipes in my favorite kitchen and after everyone passes out bc they started drinking for the beer pong tourney at noon, maybe I will have time to write the article!

55. JSQ says:
    February 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM
    Huff!

[JSQ beats chest and growls]

They are going down faster than a croc cheerleader.

February 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    /////////////////////////////////////

lol, every where oscar cryer goes he holds a female cumbine, it’s a differt type of 40 they run!

I can see shad on now, head tilted to side, one headphone over his ear, while he scratching and mixing, chic-chic-chicken, head(project pat) over here(birdman lil wayne! While jsq walking round in high heel and dukes with chicken on platinum platters!

As usual Omar talking out of his ass. He’s talking about Golden and HIS players now. Basically saying Canes fans are delusional to think things have changed at all now, even with Golden and his system and his coaching. Basically saying we continue to be fukkd, even WITH Golden. Read ALL his tweets.

His opinions are as lame and outdated as his dreads.

57. No Dukes here. Ick!

I’d be wearing a dress, sir!

58. Picking out deposition transcripts for exhibits to a SUPER MEAN motion.

It’s funny reading how you speak.

I am exceedingly polite and besides “Please” and “Thank you” I say “All right” and “Okay” all the time.

I guess there are worse things, but it is funny to see yourself in writing.

59. Hassan says:
    February 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    ran a 6.75 60m a couple years ago and last year ran 6.78.

///////////////////////////////

Exactly and the difference between “Truth” miller and ap, miller is more smoother and has better moves and vision and playd behind a garbage o-line, in the pro’s, the better the o-line, the better he’ll play, i’m glad he did leave though, he had surgery on that shoulder, so it was definitely time for him to roll out, might well get your next injury on a payroll system somewhere that’s for sure. The thing about miller, he’s not just an outside runner, and he’s kind of good at avoiding big hits. To me, miller puts more fear into defenses than ap in the fact that every time he touches the ball, he’s a threat to house it and out run angles a whole lot quicker, he reminds me of devin hester in the fact devin made everybody else on the field look like they were run about 3 steps slower!

60. JSQ says:
    February 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    No Dukes here. Ick!

I’d be wearing a dress, sir!

The dj sets the dress-code, so whatever shad determines is appropraite for thee occassion you must obey. The turn tables will be sparkin!

61. PlayaCane aka Rashad says:
    February 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    Omar Kelly twitter-

///////////////////////////////

CK says:
    February 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    ///////////////////////////

February 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM

His opinions are as lame and outdated as his dreads.

Someone call the dolphins to ask them does is omar still covering them or is it the Canes now!

Another turd arrest. Domestic battery.

Think this makes ten under Chump.

Carrying on a proud tradition.

63. Incorrect.

The cook determines everything, Calvin.

64. Wow, Cubed. Wow.

If there is an article about it, please post the link. Thanks!

65. JSQ says:
    February 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    Incorrect.

The cook determines everything, Calvin.

I do recall shad saying something to that affect, i stand corrected!

66. Get yourself to the Spring Game tailgate and you will see why, Calvin!

67. Thanks, Cubed.

Reposted.

Why do all the crocs think it is acceptable to beat their girlfriends?

Makes me sick.

They deserve a stilleto to the groin.

68. Yeah Leonard Dragged the girl bny her hair lol what an idiot. Damn Gayturds have had more prisoners then Alcatraz.

Calvin Miller is like the 2nd coming of Portis very simliar and with Denver’s old coach in Washington why not try to land him with that 6th pick of the 2nd round or 38th overall. I can see him going there. Making that offense even scarier would be to Land Streeter at the 6th pick of the 3rd Rd or 70th overall. The Skins could Draft a good OL in the first rd and sign Peyton Manning. You would have Hank and Streeter Outside with Moss in the Slot and Miller at RB with Peyton direction traffic. That would be a FUN team to watch.

Hitting women is a punk move. No excuse ever to hit a woman. Except manhands, of course.

70. I didn’t touch Manhands, but I might have if my mom wasn’t there to stop me from going after that fugly b!tch.

I definitely had a mouth on me that day (example, “Hey ____, I thought FSU girls were supposed to be pretty” or “Wow, it’s nice that all the ‘Canes let their yard boys off today to come see the criminoles play”) but come back at me with words, not your gigantic mits.

71. Click on this link http://www.ftigreatcharitychallenge.com/
    Then click on vote, then click on Big Dog Ranch Rescue and then scroll down and click vote.

j/k about manhands – can’t hit even ugly criminolas. I was stupidly trying to inject a little levity, but really nothing funny about abuse.

73. Randy Moss is coming back says he ran a 4.3 the other day

74. I think it was bg who posted this one, as you can tell, some guys don’t have no problems hitting women, so women beware. bg, main man had a lil criminal history, before even knowing this, from the video alone they understood real quick that they messed with the wrong one. Can’t disrespect people cause of where they work at:

75. I think I could, Cubed, but Mom reminded me that I have a lot to lose.

I pictured myself as one of those cautionary tales from Dave Chappelle – “When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong.”

76. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLUWinJI1DM&feature=related

Another favorite.

Wu Tang Financial.

You need to diversify your bonds.

77. Hassan says:
    February 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Randy Moss is coming back says he ran a 4.3 the other day
    //////////////////////////////////

If that’s the case, the dolphins need to bring him in, for sure!

78. Check out this on campus stadium proposal for UM

Moss will be Vacy with the Wilforks in the Bahamas

79. Folks: My friend, brother-in-law and business partner Billy Proulx, passed away on February 9th after a year long battle with pancreatic cancer. Below is a portion of his obituary which tells you how important he was for the University’s football program, holding things together while we went through 5 different head coaches in the 70’s. Coach Schnellenberger just called me and told me ” … there would not have been a FIRST national championship at the University of Miami if not for Bill Proulx …” … high praise and well deserved:

William A. “Billy” Proulx, 70, Bedford, KY, died Thursday, February 9, 2012 at Baptist Northeast Hospital. A retired assistant football coach and head recruiter for the University of Miami (FL,) under 5 different head coaches, ending with Coach Howard Schnellenberger, he later created the Waterford Crystal National Championship Coaches’ Trophy for the American Football Coaches Association, which is given to the winner of the BCS Title Game, as well as the National Championship Coaches’ Trophies for the men’s and women’s collegiate basketball, all featuring the famous Waterford Crystal balls, through his company, Black Dog Sports, LLC. He was also a principal with Champion Licensing, LLC. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in his name to The Wounded Warrior Project, Coaches VS, Cancer through the Jimmy V Foundation, or the University of Miami Athletic Scholarship Program.

RIP, Billy … we will miss you …

80. Thanks for posting, John! Wow!

RIP, Billy.

Hassan – that’s a pretty looking proposal

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but it belongs in a fairy tale book.

Perpetuating the myth of the possibility of a Canes-only stadium, when it will NEVER happen, at least not in our lifetime, only gives ammunition to our competition.

What do you think the price tag of that nifty little stadium would be? Not to mention that it would be a logistical and political impossibility in Coral Gables.

Never going to happen.

jmo, of course, but my opinion is based on numerous conversations with many of my fellow alums, Club members, and even BOT’s, some with very deep pockets.

Again, not getting on your case, but all these petitions and the like, perpetuate a perceived weakness

jmo

RIP

No matter how many times I see them, Mom’s “Go Canes” posts make me chuckle.

84. Haha, pb, yeah, Mom is a super perky, ever optimistic ‘Canes fan!

Tree
    Apple

85. Yaaaay my house is getting fixed from the great Kansas State flood of 2011!

And it is HALF of what the sketchy contractor said it would be!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

INSURANCE ROCKS!!!

86. there are a number of teams at the bottom of the 1st round that could really use a top notch back like Miller. But hearing that he had surgery on his shoulder in december just brings up that question again. will his shoulders be a consistent issue?

if he passes them physicals I can’t see him sliding out the first round after how he’ll do at the combine. he’s going to be the fastest running back unless chris rainey gets listed at RB then he might end up 2nd fastest. david wilson will be up there with them probably.

87. Hassan, thanks for posting the “New Stadium”!! Great design and location! Who’s design is it??

Cubed…are those deep pockets the same that said UM could not afford a decent salary for a head coach?

88. Gotta go with Cubed on that one.

Do you have any idea what effort it took just to get University Village constructed? They started that project before HURRICANE ANDREW (I was 11 then) and I was going to Coral Gables City Hall meetings as UM’s Student Body Secretary to fight for it at 21.

10 years. For on campus apartments.

An on-campus football stadium will.not.happen.

Most of the people who think it can/should/will happen have never set foot on that campus.

89. Not to mention, that plan is completely NOT to scale.

It is placed over the parking lots of the Bank United Center along with where the old on campus apartments and some admin offices are.

For anyone who has walked along that path, it takes about 5 minutes. Max. In 90 degree heat and 99% humidity with 4 inch heels. That is not enough room for a stadium.

Don’t get me started on WHERE THE F@CK IS EVERYONE SUPPOSED TO TAILGATE . . . ahem, PARK?

No offense to Bori and Hassan.

It would be pretty cool if it could happen, but it won’t, so let’s be happy with Sun life.

90. The new stadium design was just a part of a student design competition put on by the American Institute of Architecture Students. The design was completed by 2 UM students.

SpeedWrecks says:

The Redskins organization has great value; the owner has done great job mega-marketing that brand. But, other than Gate receipts & revenues, what’s the product on the field? The GM? Ownership/Leadership? Do they throw good money after bad?

Having said that, I would not want Redskins to be Ravens South. This crew is a great NFL legacy, but the organization today just blows! Canes Moss, Hankerson, & McIntosh are there, dragging Miller & Streeter would not be best for their career.

Bad Karma having that many Canes on such a looser team; it would damage the NFL U brand.

92. I thought as much, Guest.

Thanks for posting.

At that age, I thought there was room for a sorority row on campus.

But then again, I wasn’t in architecture school . . .

93. None taken jsq!!

To answer your question, I used to live right there so I know there are space limitations but we can work around that. As for Tailgating, like you siggested awhile back, under the train we have space for tailgating!!

Seems the biggest stumbling block would be City Hall, politicians come and go, we find somebody with really deep pockets and force the issue. Hell, they are about to build a casino in the middle of downtown cause some Malaysian company with really deep pockets is working their way thru state gov.

I am counting on you to join the Build an On Campus Stadium crusade!!! The current and future students will thank you for it. The campus needs to be more college oriented.

94. Sorry, Bori, I don’t think so.

There simply isn’t the room there that drawing would have you believe. It would completely knock out a street, the Pavia garage, the 21 building, and probably half of Eaton and part of the Bank United Center.

There is nothing to work around. There simply isn’t room there.

Also, I’ve tailgated a couple of times under the metro rail.

The alumni section at Sun Life could not fit in that parking lot, let alone our entire stadium. As it is, it is almost impossible to find parking there when there is a basketball or baseball game or an on-campus practice!

It’s not going to happen. Not in Coral Gables.

95. “The dog is no longer there with many Hurricanes. They lack that hunger to be great. Yesterday I heard a USF player say something to a Cane in a joking manner. He told him “Just like a Cane. Last one to show up, and first one to leave.” That cut me deep, but its the truth. That’s the mentality at that program these days with about 70% of the talent there. Until that mentality is gone, and the hunger returns, I can’t see UM getting back to the top.” – Omar Kelly, Dolphins reporter and blogger for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Read the rest here: http://ufrsports.com/review/index.php/2012/02/16/perception-vs-reality-miami-hurricanes/

We can’t be mad at that statement either. Its true. Randy’s Rangers, as coined by C1, many times left a lot to be desired in the EFFORT and COMMITMENT to the program areas. Funny thing is when we see how many get drafted, and couple that with last year’s haul, we’ll all say how in the HELL did a team with THAT MUCH NFL TALENT GO 13-11 THE PAST 2 YEARS???

Let’s hope Golden’s Gangstas get us back to our roots…HUNGRY and RELENTLESS!

96. JSQ you are an attorney draw up some bill proposal to bulldoze some houses next to UM and build a stadium at Alachua county’s expense. We can use prison labor to cover part of the cost. :)

97. Hassan, now this is the kind of plan I can get behind! :-D

98. JSQ says:
    February 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    Hassan, now this is the kind of plan I can get behind!

————————————————————————————————-

Will Muschamp can provide plenty of free labor for us, apparently half his team is in Shackles during the off season.

For all you guys that say we will never get our own stadium you are 99.99999999 right but in the off chance that I invent the next 5 hour energy or hit that 336 Milion lotto then we will get it. I will bribe every crooked politician in SFLA to get us a stadium lol. I would honestly just annex that neighborhood next to the campus and bulldoze and build me something U shaped and call it Da U. I would recreate a nearly open endzone facing west and put some palm tree’s in there and even bring in some original parts of the OB as decoration, not the Bathtub’s we had to piss in though lol.

99. I am with you Hassan!! just never say never!! Where there’s a will there’s a way!

100. Hassan says:
    February 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    February 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    Hassan, now this is the kind of plan I can get behind!

————————————————————————————————-

////////////////////////////////////

looks like a DNA test to me!

101. Not a bad look, although i’m going with miller over trent any day of the week!

February 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    Hassan says:
    February 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    February 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    Hassan, now this is the kind of plan I can get behind!

————————————————————————————————-

////////////////////////////////////

looks like a DNA test to me!

^^^^^^^

Cal

Maury says :U ARE THE FATHER

Cal: Awe he’ll naw

:-) heeheehee

February 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    Not a bad look, although i’m going with miller over trent any day of the week!

^^^^^^^^

What?????

No BRYCE BROWN????

Lmbbo

104. For some strange reason I was reading the profile of the Coconut Grove Bank and was struck by this What could have been history!!We should all thank the Coconut Grove Bank!

The Bank pulled through the crisis only to face one of the greatest financial challenges the U.S. has ever known: The 1929 stock market crash, and the ensuing Great Depression. One of the casualties of 1929 was a hometown institution: The University of Miami. A first of many philanthropic endeavors of the Bank was helping the then-insolvent University of Miami avoid being sold to the University of Florida (which had intended to rename it Pan-American University). Coconut Grove Bank purchased the assets of the University, and developed a plan for the University to buy back its assets over time, thereby preserving the dream that there would always be a University of Miami.

Btw I’d take TR over Millz

A better combo of speed AND power…

I’d be willing to bet TR come closer to Millz 40 time than Millz come to matching TR on the 225 reps

106. Nashvillecane says:
    February 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM
    February 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    Not a bad look, although i’m going with miller over trent any day of the week!

^^^^^^^^

What?????

No BRYCE BROWN????

Lmbbo
    ////////////////////////////

bryce brown needs to start looking at being a gm, who knew what he saw in miller from day 1!

107. Nashvillecane says:
    February 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    Btw I’d take TR over Millz

A better combo of speed AND power…

//////////////////////////////////

Of course, “Truth” just had surgery on that shoulder!

108. Wow, Bori! Good find!

109. Time to take the jello to bed.

I have to be in Miami at 8am tomorrow.

Sigh.

Silver lining: I’m closer to the Keys once the day is done!!!

Goodnight guys! I will post Delray’s article from my phone tomorrow!

Cal shoulder surgery or not homie

111. Nashvillecane says:
    February 16, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    Cal shoulder surgery or not homie
    //////////////////////////////////

U-tough, how many you think trent will get, i got em round 22, millz probbaly round 15 or 16.

112. Hopefully nobody from UM pull a bruce johnson or dvd and get 7 to 10. Although i will say this though, fred smoot when he 1st came in couldn’t bench 200, in fact he was around 185 max!

113. dawg, they got andrew bynum as the starting center for the west in the allstar game, lol, the west must really be depleted of big men these days. He’s starting against of course dwight howard, and after this game, orlando will once again tell the lakers, you’ll have to throw in pau along with bynum in order for us to give up dwight, otherwise we’ll take our chances of another opportunity, like the knicks trading stoudemire & tyson chandler and two 1st round draft picks!

Cal I got TR getting aleast 25…atleast!!!

Millz round 15-17…

Something tells me our fast wr’s and qb under 10…lol

little Byrd got the body to look like he ought to hit 20, so we know that’ll turn into half that…lol

Vernon is prob the best combo of strength and speed from our group imo

SpeedWrecks says:

Calvin February 16, 2012 at 9:35 PM

~~~~

Cal,
    it was worse than that. DVD did one (1) rep of 225; that’s all folks.
    Didn’t seem to hurt his draft stock or his wallet

I can’t wait to see the combines; an all Florida affair by TB, LM, (Brandon McGee is it too late to make him come out lol), heck, I am even curious to see what Olivier will tear up in that 4Os time, and reps 20+; he came in 235lbs & 4.55. Word is Olivier is at 265lbs-270lbs & has lost none of that incoming dash…so

Glad people have come to their senses with the stadium.

A couple of other reasons why an on campus stadium is an impossibility: nowhere to park, literally nowhere; TRAFFIC and road capacity. Seriously, have you driven down US1 or any of he other approach roads to the U? Even during non-rush hour times, the roads are clogged and slow. Totally impossible if there was a Stadium. City of CG knows this so does the university.

As far as building there or anywhere else, there’s this: a new stadium, with modern amenities, not necessarily state-of-the-art, would be around 1 billion. Unless you want a HS stadium like UCF. Then it’s “only” 500 million. No thanks. Me, and just about everybody else that actually goes to all the games, are perfectly happy with SunLife. No way that kind of money can be raised – we don’t have the option of scamming the public tax base like the Marlins.

The atmosphere will improve when we start winning more and filling the seats. Remember the OU game? Great atmosphere!

117. SpeedWrecks says:
    February 16, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    Calvin February 16, 2012 at 9:35 PM

~~~~

Cal,
    it was worse than that. DVD did one (1) rep of 225; that’s all folks.
    Didn’t seem to hurt his draft stock or his wallet

/////////////////////////////////////

Oh hell naw, 1 rep:

118. Nashvillecane says:
    February 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    Cal I got TR getting aleast 25…atleast!!!

Millz round 15-17…

Something tells me our fast wr’s and qb under 10…lol

Vernon is prob the best combo of strength and speed from our group imo
    ///////////////////////////////////

That’s a good look, vernon will definitely pass the eye ball test, he’s not exactly in that levon kirkland mode, but he has that type of potential, i’m quite sure, pittsburgh, dallas or filmacheck will take em. mavin lewis and possibly ozzie newsome might stockpile em too.

Cal good thing bout Vernon is he could fit the DWare/TSizzle lb mode or the Freeny/Mathis type de mode…

Long as the dco aint got him standing up at the end of the line of scrimmage, looking like he holding a practice dummy, waiting to get blasted he’ll be ok.

120. Made it to Miami in 45 minutes.

It’s good to be home.

Blasted B!tch I’m From Dade County in honor of Calvin as I crossed the county line.

121. CanesCanesCanes
    February 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    Glad people have come to their senses with the stadium.

———————————————————————————————–

Cubed,

You gotta get your numbers right…State of the art texas style self enclosed, comfy, no holds barred super modern museum stadium will get you close to a billion in cost. Simple (college environment no frills) stadium would be in the $55 to $75 milions range, see UCF & FIU, a far cry from your $500 millions.

Traffic will be an issue, yeah I will give you that one, just takes planning and coordination.

Parking? Have you been to one of the most revered college football stadiums? LSU Tiger Stadium, where did you park?

What about the Orange Bowl, where was your parking space?

122. What is wrong with this statement, i never knew you could get this type info from film, must’ve been rewinding game reactions from the head-swines suite!
    //////////////////////////////////////

• Before he took the job, Sherman said, “I looked at tape and wanted to know what ownership philosophy was regarding the franchise. Coach Philbin was adamant that [Stephen Ross] wants to bring a Super Bowl, a Lombardi Trophy to Miami.”

123. as a complete back I’d take Miller over Richardson – i think Miller’s pass catching skills make him more of a weapon overall. But factor in durability and injury concerns and i’d feel safer investing a large sum of money on Richardson.

if the injury issues weren’t there i’d say someone should go ahead and pull the stunner like when the Colts took Edge over Ricky Williams when there was talk about Ricky going #2 overall.

124. What about the Orange Bowl, where was your parking space?
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Chi Chi and Ray Ray’s front yard.

No Blockie.

125. need to have at least light rail going to the orange bowl. and full metro rail line to joe robbie like was voted on a long time ago.

126. TR will double Millers bench numbers with Miller sitting on the bar.

Dude is an animal and will probably break the RB bench reps record.

Was restricted from maxing out because they were afraid for his life.

Not even close, robo shoulder or not.

BTW I wouldn’t touch Miller till the mid rounds. Dude is soft and is down on first contact WAAAAY too much.

Ya he will break one once in a while but is ghost most of the time if there is not a huge hole to run through.

Not going to translate in the grind it out NFL running game.

Sorry, Bori, I exaggerated to some extent, but if you want to maintain your stadium fantasy, please go on.

Have you been to Sh!thouse Stadium in Orlando? I have. No thanks, I’ll take SunLife. Seriously, it’s a glorified high school stadium. If you build the same Brighthoue stadium in Dade I guarantee you it will cost $200 million.

A stadium which befits our program will easily cost more than $400 million. Where’s the money coming from?

It’s literally insane to think that a stadium campus is even possible. Have you ever been on campus or even to CG? You would know. The city would literally have to build multilane roads. Plus absolutely no room on campus. Square peg in round hole. Can’t happen. Won’t happen. Ever. From people in the know.

If people want to continue to give ammunition to those recruiting against us, than so be it. Me, I prefer to highlight the positives of watching the game in a comfortable and convenient stadium with ample parking.

Why? Because I guarantee you that’s wher you will be watching for the next couple of decades, at least.

128. Miller’s running soft coincided with him favoring his shoulder though. Was obvious his shoulder was an issue. Played thru it and still was effective, just not as effective as he had been previous to the injury. Needs some special made shoulder pads or something and wear them year round instead of just when hurt.

129. Give me a football game in a pro stadium any day of the week.

Bleacher seating is the absolute worst!!

Every game I have been to around the country has been a pleasure in a pro stadium.

Old college dumps(Swamp, Horseshoe etc.) not so much.

I like to be comfortable, if not, I’ll stay home.

Really looking forward to the Soldier field game. I have never been out that way.

130. Este that might be the case but that shoulder injury is not going anywhere.

ESPECIALLY in the NFL where they train and practice all year round.

Whatever the reason it is what it is and should raise MAJOR red flags.

I’d pass.

Don’t forget the beer and drinks.

And not having to piss in a trough

132. EXACTLY!!!!!

Oh the good ol trough squirt.

When I was in my 20’s, I could care less.

Now in my 50’s, comfort and escalators mean the world.

Club life!

133. Artie Burns, We are in his head.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

And what exactly could make another school a better deal in Burns’ eyes?

“Just a better opportunity, that’s about it,” Burns said. “Maybe there’s a better location, like going somewhere more close to home.”

134. If anybody has high hopes that this team/defense is going to do work come next year, i suggest you tamper off those expectations!
    ////////////////////////////////////

Coyle wants a “smart, aggressive” defense that gives teams “multiple looks that create indecision. We’ve always tried to be multiple in terms of pressure, to give quarterbacks the illusion pressure is coming when it’s not coming, to give them the illusion it isn’t coming and then bring pressure.

50’s LOL

I think when your in your 50’s it’s more about squeezing out a few drops

I used to be skilled with beer in one hand and salchiche in the other. Or the bite the plastic cup technique to leave both hands free.

Pretty sure I’ve lost those skills

136. Canez1 says:
    February 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    Give me a football game in a pro stadium any day of the week.

Bleacher seating is the absolute worst!!

Old college dumps(Swamp, Horseshoe etc.) not so much.

I like to be comfortable, if not, I’ll stay home.

////////////////////////////////////

137. Canez1 says:
    February 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    TR will double Millers bench numbers with Miller sitting on the bar.

Dude is an animal and will probably break the RB bench reps record.

Was restricted from maxing out because they were afraid for his life.

Not even close, robo shoulder or not.

Not going to translate in the grind it out NFL running game.

138. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cal

Da fugg!!!

LMAO

139. Lamar is NOOOOOOOOO Killa Cam. Not even close.

We will see how Cam pans out. He doesn’t have any 305 in him. Born loser. Soft.

Calm your teets.

140. Canez1 says:
    February 17, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    Lamar is NOOOOOOOOO Killa Cam. Not even close.

We will see how Cam pans out. He doesn’t have any 305 in him. Born loser. Soft.

Calm your teets.

////////////////////////////

141. Ask and you shall receive

Huge fund raising going on now at UM. 1.6 Billion!!!

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

C1,

You peep Chronicle out yet?

143. Either Richardson or Claiborne to the Bucs .. I’m happy either way .. Schiano with Butch in his ear, not that bad of a combo

Unless Butch pulls a William Green over Clinton Portis again – but, who the hell really has won with the Browns legitimately .. old man Schott during the 80s? .. and Portis was insane with the Broncos with a lot of help from Rat Shanahan running that zone blocking scheme that made even Quentin Griffin a little badass when he played

144. Not yet. It is on the list.

Been nuts with work and other BS.

Maybe this Saturday. Is it worth it?

I heard Safehouse was badass from my boy.

BTW I watched Knuckle last week. Awesome movie. It’s a documentary about bare knuckle fighting in Ireland between rival families.

Out of control nuts! It’s like a totally different world.

Give it a try.

145. Six

Knuckle is a good flick for you too.

Craaaaazy shyt from the Irish hooligans.

Rent it.

Safehouse was on the $$$$$

Full of suspense from the 1st minute

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

I’ve heard Safehouse was the look, too. Denzel supposed to have shown off in that sh!t.
    Chronicle was a little geared towards teenagers….but its a fun little number.
    You don’t have to break your neck, tho.
    I’m gonna get on that Lady in Black tonight, too.

Anybody wanna try and stop me?

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

CanesCanesCanes
    February 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    Six

You forgot one thing.

Lin, while a man of faith, is not a “faith showboater” like Teabag.

>>>>>>>>

CCC, indeed……
    Fellowship of Christian Athletes anyone?

To me, the media is as disgraceful as Teblow with the whole thing. I haven’t heard any talking dead-head mention the FCA since Teblow has been wearing his religion on public display for all to see, as JSQ so beautifully pointed out.

As far as Lin, he’s playing good ball, nothing really special, just good fundamental basketball. His foreign-ness and the winning are the only reasons he’s suddenly getting attention, even though he plays like an American- Mark Price, and has that accent that is unique to The Bay.

But Americans have been teaching our sports to foreigners or 1st gens for a long time. Just look at Dominicans and Japanese in baseball. Or look at Suh and Pierre Paul in football. Or Hakeem in basketball….

They leave that candy-azz soccer field and discover how to make U.S. Steel on the gridiron, or learn that Swag, unique to basketball and baseball.

Nothing like it……..

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

February 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    TR will double Millers bench numbers with Miller sitting on the bar.

Dude is an animal and will probably break the RB bench reps record.

Was restricted from maxing out because they were afraid for his life.

Not even close, robo shoulder or not.

Not going to translate in the grind it out NFL running game.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yep…as much as I hate to say it. I wish he could take a year off and just strengthen his shoulder but that’s not happening.

I wouldn’t invest 1st round money in him.

But quietly he needed to listen to Golden telling him to use his stiff-arm to keep guys off his shoulder.

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer says:

JSQ, how do I get my avvy back?? It’s been so long I’ve forgotten how to do it. lol

151. Roger that my man.

152. New blog. I hate the 836!

153. I saw safehouse. it was ok. Depends on what you look for in a movie.

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

Wife talked me into Safehouse…..

Two tickets….two Med drinks….one large popcorn….

$38.50.

I got married to NOT have to do this….