The Streak: Weeks 11-15

~ The following article was contributed by beloved Eye of the Hurricane blogger, Delray ~

It’s Friday, so it’s time for our next installment of “The Streak.” This week we will look at weeks #8 thru #12 in the 2003 season that span the dates of October 26, 2003 through November 23,  2003; the heart of the 2003 season.  Let’s see what the boys from NFL “U” were up to.

Week #11

Week #8 in the 2003 season saw the Indianapolis Colts continue their winning ways pushing their record to 6-1 with the help of a 2 touchdown performance from Reggie Wayne.  Reggie didn’t discriminate in his variety having a short 2 yard pass and a long 57 yard strike from Peyton Manning as the Colts defeated the Texans 30-21.  Santana Moss also hit pay-dirt on a 60 yard pass from Vinny T.  It just wasn’t enough, though, as Jets came up short against the Eagles 24-17.

Week #12

Week #9 in the 2003 season was all about Santana Moss who had 3 touchdowns for the NY Jets as they lost a heartbreaking game in overtime to their in-city rivals, the New York Giants.  Santana’s scores were all on pass plays from Chad Pennington of 8, 11 and 25 yards.  Edgerrin James had a 1 yard plunge for the Colts who squeaked by the Fish 23-17, and Clinton Portis scored an early touchdown to put the Broncos up early on the Patriots, only to see his team lose late, 30-26.

Week #13

Week #10 in the 2003 season brought 2 new names to the table as Phillip Buchanon and James Jackson both joined the party.  Buchanon’s contribution was a 78 yard punt return for a touchdown as the Oakland Raiders were defeated in O.T. by the New York Jets, who also had a touchdown by Santana Moss of 65 yards from Chad Pennington.   Jackson’s 1 yard run came as a member of the Cleveland Browns as they were defeated by the Kansas City Chiefs.  The win by the Chiefs pushed their record to 9-0 on the season.

Week #14

The number for week #11 was 8. That is how many touchdowns NFL “U” produced for their teams.  The biggest contributor was “Edge” with 3 scores as the Colts defeated the Jets 38-31.  James’ runs came on two – 1 yard runs and a few yard run.  Of course, Santana got loose again for a 48 yard pass for a touchdown from Chad Pennington.  Reggie Wayne actually had 141 yards receiving this week but was shut out from scoring.  The 2 guys from week #10 kept up their visits to the endzone.  Buchanon and Jackson had both scored again on an interception return of 64 yards for Buchanon and two -4 yard runs by Jackson.  Andre Johnson also had a 46 yard pass from Tony Banks as the Texans upended the Bills 12-0.

Week #15

Week #12 saw a list of the usual suspects keep the ball rolling.  Let’s start by one of my favorite favorites, Ed Reed, who returned a blocked punt 16 yards for a touchdown to help the Ravens defeat the Seahawks in a game that saw the Ravens erase a 17 point 4th quarter deficit to win 44-41.   “Edge” also had 2 – 4th quarter scores as he brought the Colts back from 11 points down to defeat the Bills 17-14.  Santana Moss and Andre Johnson both caught passes in their bids to bring their teams back from 4th quarter deficits as well.   Santana’s 3 yard pass from Pennington put the Jets on top of the Jaguars to stay at 13-10.  Andre’s catch for 10 yards tied the game up in the 3rd quarter, only to see his team succumb to the Patriots in overtime 23-20.

Stayed tuned for next week as more Canes get into the action!

156 Comments

alain romain

1st

CK

CK

JSQ: Nice first CK! Orange or Green

CK: ORANGE!!

JSQ: Here you go!

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer

Nashvillecane
    February 17, 2012 at 2:10 AM
    Cal good thing bout Vernon is he could fit the DWare/TSizzle lb mode or the Freeny/Mathis type de mode…

Long as the dco aint got him standing up at the end of the line of scrimmage, looking like he holding a practice dummy, waiting to get blasted he’ll be ok.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Nash, LOL, ain’t that the truth. I swear if I see that shyt again this year I’m done………short list is in full effect. Ditto Williams having the CBs 10 off the ball.

I like us matching up to almost any team staff-wise at HC, OC, DL, OL, LB, WR,RB…..but DC and DB ain’t up to par or at least I haven’t seen anything to make me think they are.

We’ll see. Dayton come on in an give us some faith…haha

Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer

February 17, 2012

JSQ or anyone, how do I do the avatar thing? I’ve forgotten.

CK

Uchamps

February 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I’ve heard Safehouse was the look, too. Denzel supposed to have shown off in that sh!t.
    Chronicle was a little geared towards teenagers….but its a fun little number.
    You don’t have to break your neck, tho.
    I’m gonna get on that Lady in Black tonight, too.

Anybody wanna try and stop me?
    ———————

I saw safehouse. It was ok. Depends on what you like/appreciate in a movie

BoriCane

MB224

Now this more like it….

Captain Optimist

February 17, 2012

Thanks CK but I wasn’t trying to be that sophisticated. haha. Just the old one. It says it all….

February 17, 2012

Wife talked me into Safehouse…..

Two tickets….two Med drinks….one large popcorn….

$38.50.

I got married to NOT have to do this….

jsq – you’ve got mail

Captain Optimist

February 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM
    Wife talked me into Safehouse…..

Two tickets….two Med drinks….one large popcorn….

$38.50.

I got married to NOT have to do this….

>>>>>>>>>>>

Ouch….the sacrifices we make. haha

Mcgill, I noticed you’re a sweet science aficionado. Here’s my question- what did Pretty Boy Floyd see in the Marquez-Pac III fight that suddenly made him so anxious to fight Pac?? Other than the counter-punching, obviously…..

Captain Optimist says:
    February 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    February 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM
    Wife talked me into Safehouse…..

Two tickets….two Med drinks….one large popcorn….

$38.50.

I got married to NOT have to do this….

>>>>>>>>>>>

Ouch….the sacrifices we make. haha

/////////////////////////////

cav, it was just marketing and show-man ship. floyd not stupid, he didn’t fight manny when everybody wanted him too because had he fought pac earlier, he would’ve lost money. Always remember, each fight is a business, so had floyd fought pac to early he would’ve never had gotten the 2 paydays in between time(shane & oritiz), that’s at least and extra 40 million, so than throw the pac fight after that, now you you can pile on another 80mil. Because had floyd fought pac earlier, nobody would’ve wanted to see him fight shane or ortiz after the fact. So it was a smart move by floyd. As far as boxing goes, anybody that knows boxing knew from the get go, floyd vs pac man is a mismatch, it’ll basically look like the roy jones vs trinidad fight, easy work.

pac only got 1 hand, the straight left, if that’s all you got fighting floyd, you’re done. That’s why from a boxing standpoint, i’d rather see floyd fight cotto, to real good boxing technicians in the game. In fact cotto only lost to 2 cheaters so technically he’s undefeated.

Six

PhillyCane

February 17, 2012

Saw safehouse it was entertaining but i wasnt buyin ryan reynolds in it.. denzel killed it

Six

February 17, 2012

Canez1 – ya, def will check out the “Knuckle” movie … love the bare knuckle fighting stuff, was awesome for the short amount of time that it was in “Snatch”

You should check out the movie “Bronson” – has my boy Tom Hardy in it, the guy who is playing Bane in the new batman and was the badass brother in “Warrior”

Nashvillecane

February 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM
    Wife talked me into Safehouse…..

Two tickets….two Med drinks….one large popcorn….

$38.50.

I got married to NOT have to do this….

>>>>>>>>>>>

matinee dawg…

38.50

Wifey even got dinner at a good BBQ joint for that price last week

Safehouse was over-hyped….

New commit on deck…..?

Safety from Da West, Nate Tailor??

Johnson: My childhood hero was The Rock
    by: Steve Gorten February 17th, 2012 | 9:54 PM
    CORAL GABLES – Growing up in the heart of ACC country, Hurricanes center Reggie Johnson’s first true passion wasn’t basketball, but rather WWE wrestling.

His childhood hero? The Rock, a.k.a. former UM defensive tackle Dwayne Johnson.

“I wasn’t playing sports. I was always watching wrestling. Always,” said Johnson, who’s from Winston-Salem, N.C. “Take my wrestling belt from me, I would cry. I had the tag-team belt, the championship belt.

“I would go outside, put my wrestling belt on the tree, and then fight my teddy bear and act like it was a cage match.”

It wasn’t long before the teddy bear was missing an eye.

“I would dog him,” Johnson said, laughing.

Johnson said he had action figures of wrestlers, as well as a CD that included The Rock’s theme song.

“I want to meet The Rock,” Johnson said. “If I meet him, it’d mean the world to me.”

Guard Malcolm Grant, Johnson’s roommate, laughed.

“It just blows my mind that he loves wrestling. I can’t believe it,” Grant said. “And he knows that it’s not real. He still goes crazy for it.”

February 18, 2012

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – On a picturesque night for baseball at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field, sixth-year lefty Eric Erickson made a brilliant return to the mound in No. 13 Miami’s 6-2 season-opening win over Rutgers.

Erickson, who missed all of 2011 while recovering from Tommy John surgery, finished the day with an impressive final line of six innings, four hits, no runs and seven strikeouts. The Sarasota, Fla. native needed only 83 pitches to get through his six innings of work.

The combination of seniors Peter O’Brien and Rony Rodriguez provided offense for the Canes, who enjoyed the benefits of five Rutgers errors in the field. After O’Brien singled through the left side of the infield in the fourth inning, Rodriguez knocked in the transfer catcher on a double to the gap in left-center, stretching the team’s lead to 4-0. Rodriguez would later score on an error by the Rutgers shortstop for the team’s fifth run of the night.

The Canes opened the scoring with a two-run third inning, highlighted by an RBI single from outfielder Dale Carey. The Marietta, Ga. native knocked in first baseman Brad Fieger, who was hit by a pitch to open the inning. Fieger finished the game with two runs and one RBI.

Erickson, returning to game action for the first time since 2010, owned the strikezone on Friday night; 62 of his 83 pitchers were called for strikes. His ability to paint the corners and changed speed managed to keep Rutgers hitters off balance all night; only four of his 22 batters faced managed to reach base.

Reliver Javi Salas would follow up Erickson with a less stellar outing; the sophomore allowed two earned runs over his two innings, a stint that included two walks and two hits. But when transfer reliever Eric Nedeljkovic took over in the ninth, Rutgers could only a muster a single hit as the righty shut the game down.

The Canes return to action on Saturday night, when they take on the Scarlet Knights in Game Two of the series. Junior righty Eric Whaley is scheduled to face off against Ryan Fasano in the 7 p.m. affair.

JSQ author

February 18, 2012

Alain, nice first, welcome to EOTH! Thanks for posting! Orange or green?

Cav, sorry about not being able to answer you. Couldn’t blog while driving.

Ok, I’m going back to bed so I can get another hour of sleep before all these drunks wake up.

God bless the Keys!

February 18, 2012

back from a long wonderful snow-shoe hike

time to check if the avatar works again

no gravatar

. . . and i have to type in my information new each time

. . . what am i doing wrong?

never mind

Uchamps

February 18, 2012

Guard Malcolm Grant, Johnson’s roommate, laughed.

————–

The only thing fake about wrestling is the drama.

I want to see one of these people calling it fake to act like it doesn’t hurt to have a 300 pd man drop his funky leg on your face. I want to see them ACT this out.

———–

No way you can act this out perfect everytime. Someone has to EAT Myrnas boots& Bit for dinner during more than a few of these kicks.

Delray

February 18, 2012

Hope you are all enjoying following this streak as much as I am writing about it. It’s been unbelievable to see what was accomplished and how dominant former Canes turn out at the next level.

I do need some help from all of you if possible. My wife and I are entered in the upcoming “Savage Race” up in Clermont, Fl in a few weeks and we are trying to get the most likes for our team which is MooreMuscle – (a local supplement company who has sponsored us.

This is a contest just like the one JSQ is running for free tickets to the upcoming football/baseball doubleheader through facebook.

Click on link below and look for Erika Corso LaPlante – Team MooreMuscle. Feel free to befriend her as well as I like to keep tabs on all of you.

On a side note, Moore Muscle also besides sponsoring my wife and I, the sponsor Adult Film Star Samanthe Saint! I think Mrs. Delray and I may have found a way to supplement our retirement fund!

Thanks and stay tuned every Friday as “The Streak Continues…”

Not to give too much a way but look for a linebacker to get in on the act next week.

Delray

Delray

February 18, 2012

p.s. nice photo of your wife

PhillyCane

I got you Delray

men bb win: 74-56!

PhillyCane

Go Canes! Nice win on WF

Delray

Thanks Philly, Autumn.

Captain Optimist

>>>>>>>>>>>>

TOTALLY forgot about that Cal. haha You nailed it. Floyd is a shrewd cat man, lol, very, very shrewd. Perfect set up for a big, big payday.

alain romain

February 18, 2012

i’ll take green JSQ and thank you.

Six

Canes baseball, walk-off 3 run yak with 2 outs in the Bottom of the 12th to win

Shouldn’t need that to beat Rutgers, but f*ck it, wouldn’t be as exciting either if they beat their ass early on

PlayaCane aka Rashad

February 18, 2012

### UM expects Jimmy Gaines, Kelvin Cain, Gionni Paul and Josh Witt to battle for the middle linebacker job, but Paul is on crutches and out indefinitely with a knee injury. Before he got hurt, defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio said Paul had made progress and he named Paul as one of the players he was eager to see this spring. Spring practice begins March 3, with the spring game at 2 p.m. March 14 at Sun Life Stadium

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

Esteban

February 19, 2012

Paul makes DZP look tall. Dude is Sam Mills height. If he can play like Sam Mills its all good. But I got Gaines starting at MLB. Need to let him come down hill more though. Wouldn’t mind them putting Gaines at SLB full time and DZP at MLB. Can’t say he’s too small if Paul and Witt are getting opportunities at that spot.

Ronny

February 19, 2012

Anyone read this article on ITU?

I feel really bad for the kid. As much as we all love Al Golden he shouldn’t burn bridges with Miami Northwestern or any school from Dade.

“Yes I was disappointed, but I can’t let it get me down because that’s not the only college,” Taylor said. “There’s a lot of colleges out there. – Nate Taylor

This sentence tells me he’s pissed and I GUARANTEE Clint Hurtt offers him right away and he commits to Louisville.

February 19, 2012

Ronny how do u know uncle Al and crew had anything to do with the screw up?

Pretty big assumption imo

Last year we saw a few kids get their wires crossed when they tried to commit without having a commitable offer. They were quickly informed that was not the case.

Uncle Puke was involved with this mixup, need I say more.

You have to remember a big reason why a lot of these kids seem so messed up down here is directly arrributed to the suspect leadership and guidance they receive from their coaches, family members etc..

Sofla football is a SHADY scene.

The staff can’t comment on recruits, so you always have to remember when it comes to these issues you are only getting one side of the story.

Tifwiw.

I would blame the kid and his goons before I blame this staff for not having their ish together when it comes to recruiting and organization.

Jmo

February 19, 2012

This game gave me a better feel for what coach jethro is trying to teach out there, although i’d like to see our d-linemen use their speed advantages more. We’ll see if coach do noff can adjust his scheme to fit the personnel. I like how malcom lewis said the coaches need to just give howard the scheme and let him go play it.
    The only guy i can see howard starting over is brandon mcgee, cause thomas finnie is going to be tough to beat out, especially if he’s playing those slants better. He’s a sure tackler, comes up and makes big plays in run support, going to be fun watching him develop as time goes on.

bg1906

Ronny.

C1 is correct. Same thing happened to Jaime Wilson last year. Kids are excited and don’t know what constitutes a REAL and COMMITABLE offer. Right now all offers are VERBAL. Until Sept. 1st which is when OFFICIAL WRITTEN offers can be extended. As C1 said, I’d like to blame his inner circle about the misunderstanding before I blame the kid. Taylor is a VERY under the radar type prospect and those kinds of kids will be getting offers right now. Only the sure fire kids right now. The guys like Taylor will have to either impress in camp, spring evaluation, have a dynamic senior year or even a combination of 2 of the 3 before getting offered IMO. It has to be like that this year because numbers will be small. They also have to make sure the get the RIGHT kids because the margin for error is very small, especially if we have to endure NCAA sanctions. So they will be very STINGY with offers unless the kid is a no brainer at this early stage in the game.

bg1906

February 19, 2012

^^^Sorry I was typing fast. Those kinds of kids will NOT be getting offers at this time.

pb(EOTHROH12)

February 19, 2012

Just because he goes to Northwestern doesnt mean the kid can play. I trust Golden and whatever he’s doing until proven wrong.

Ronny

Canez1 & bg,

I hear you guys. I’m not trying to blame Al. I was tryin to say I feel really bad for that kid. Maybe it was his HS coach or maybe it was someone from UM. We may never know. But you know the HS coaches will always defend their student athlete.

I don’t know ANYTHING about the kid. I always come to you BG for the recruiting news.

But this story is proof that we will be very strict with our numbers. Maybe only offer the best of the best because we’ll most likely only take 15 (ala USC).

Delray

February 19, 2012

BG, if only the sure fire kids are getting offers….

Sorry, too easy, when are we offering Bryant?

I know I’m probably preaching to the choir.

bg1906

Delray.

You are right. I don’t know WHY he doesn’t have an offer. 100% complete STUD!

shwarma5

February 19, 2012

bg – Think I read on CI that it also was not a miscommunication with the coaching staff but rather Hurlie Brown.

Slow playing Bryant still seems weird but must be something behind the scenes

Captain Optimist

February 19, 2012

Cal, all I know is that NO’d and Mr. Comatose Williams are going to determine Golden’s success on the field and in recruiting, cause if he mishandles these DBs and the rest of the talent in this class, as well as what’s already here, the Ls will mount and the recruiting momentum will dry up in a NY minute…..

Like Nash said, when an athlete like Vernon is standing there like a tackling dummy, 2 yards OFF the LOS, it’s a very, very bad look….And when you look at Temple film from ’10, you see the same shyt.

I hope Golden knows what he’s doing.

Captain Optimist says:
    February 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I hope Golden knows what he’s doing.
    ///////////////////////////////////

goldie knows what he’s doing when it comes to an organizational standpoint and knowing what the standards are and creating avenues to get there. What he’s about to go through, and i’m sure he wants to avoid that at all cost is the test of his loyalty to coach do noff and p.w. was brought along simply because he understands coac hdo noff’s scheme and has produced and coached some productive players.

But he knows what UM defense is suppose to look like but right now he’s hedging his bets on coach do noff having a dominant defense using his own scheme & concepts simply because he’ll have better athletes at his disposal. Make no mistake about, the fabric of this coachign staff is about to get tested. Having guys standing up at the point of attack instantly gives the opposing offense and advantage, i’m not so sure why that’s hard to figure out for him but he’ll continue to pay for that! Plus from an athletic standpoint, it takes away the explosiveness of most guys on defense! One of vernon’s strengths was his 1st step, “think players not plays/scheme” right, F grade!

Six

February 19, 2012

Golden and his boys would be the very last people to blame in anything recruiting – the guy is so far beyond the word “organized” that it’s scary .. and he expects everyone on his staff to keep up, get out or find their own way home if they’re out recruiting and don’t get the job done

The guy wrote a book, a damn manifesto of his beliefs for everyone to see and read

I would doubt he’s going to f*ck anything up, esp. with the local high schools when he’s taken all this time to patch up the f*ckery left by the former staff when it came to relationships with schools around them and in the state

What bg said.

Ronny no doubt about it. These kids are terribly mislead down here from top to bottom and we see the effects every year.

The schollies will be rationed cautiously. There Is a ton of talent down here this year and we already have a great deal of momentum going so kids will be jumping to get on board.

As long as expectations are communicated, there should be minimal hard feelings locally.

Big business is back In town.

Mom and pop have left the building.

BTW jet blue just opened their flights to chicago for 10/6. Get on that Ish if ur in.

canes baseball sweeps rutgers

womens bb beats fsu!

heat up by 16 in the 4th

February 19, 2012

Yall make sure yall tune into Duke @ 6, and Walking @ 9.

pb(EOTHROH12)

February 19, 2012

Anyone notice he’s at his third school in three years? That may have a lot to do with it.

We are likely going to have some type of scholarship reductions coming and there’s no way we are going to hold a spot for a kid who may have issues getting in.

February 19, 2012

Hurri I’m locked for 9. U know it!

Its going down at the bar!!!

Pb totally agree.

February 19, 2012

Chink in the armour had me dying!!

It’s a Damn shame they are hyping up this average chinaman, just because.

Not a lot to talk about in sports these days I guess.

Miss my below average Canes…

Might have to roll down and catch the spring game to scratch this itch.

CanesCanesCanes

February 19, 2012

Chink in the armor is a commonly used phrase and in this case “chink” means a dent or a nick

Pretty sure those guys had no racist intent in using a common phrase in sports headline. Seen that phrase used a million times before

I can’t believe they old use a racist phrase intentionally when they know they could get fired. Maybe dumb and clueless but not racist. Shame they were fired.

I mean its not like blatantly using racist phrases like “no ticky, no laundry” or “chinaman”

C1,

I knew that “Zinger” was right down your alley.

Hence the joke.

Still….Nobody can tell me that wasn’t intentional.

Ain’t that much coincidence in the WORLD. Shaking my head at this country….

CanesCanesCanes

February 19, 2012

Hurri lol I’m going with crazy coincidence.

Pussification is alive and well.

“U been here 4 hour. U leave here now.”

Name that porky comedian.

February 19, 2012

If that was just a co-winky-dink….Then I’m secretly the acting grand wiz of the Southeastern VA Branch of The Imperial Knights of the Klu Klux Klan.

PhillyCane

February 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    Yall make sure yall tune into Duke @ 6, and Walking @ 9.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Then East Bound and Down at 10

February 19, 2012

I’ve never peeped that joint Phils.

What’s good wit that Always Sunny in Philadelphia joint? Not sure if its my kind of flavor, but I news to broaden my horizon in comedy.

PhillyCane

PhillyCane

February 19, 2012

Always sunny is alright a lot of ppl sweat it i never really got that into it. Some episodes are funny others r not. For me its hit or miss. But if youv never seen east bound and down you got peep from season 1 for sure its fuqin hilarious

Hurri Lmfao.

Philly I never got in to east bound but I hear nothing but good things about it.

Sunny is a pretty funny show. They just go In 110% in whatever f’d up stuff they do.

Good show but gets dumb at times.

Nashvillecane

February 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM

^^^^^

ROFLOL

In bg1906’s words…

Uz a wild boy

Miami Hurricanes looking to win over scouts at NFL Combine

” Olivier Vernon trotted past the finish line so fast Pete Bommarito just about triple checked his stopwatch. The former University of Miami standout who left school early to enter the NFL draft had just ran a 40-yard dash time that would be declared fast for a linebacker. Ironically, that’s the position most NFL experts believe this Hurricanes defensive end might end up playing.”

Uchamps

February 20, 2012

Wow, I already despised Edsall but after that article I hate him. Dude IS NOT a good coach. And That was the worst hire of the decade. from 9-3 to 2-10 and your Freshman all American/rookie of the year transfers plus you lose 23 scholarship players and you’re respected as a good coach?????

Dude is an imbecile.

Uchamps

February 20, 2012

Guys, that Jeremy Lin SNL spoof was too much!!!! Especially the part where they did the voice over and gave him an extra Chinese voice instead of his extra American one. epic

Delray

U

Some good points about Edsall that I believe a lot of people feel. Can’t imagine being a Maryland fan and seeing someone sucessfull forced out and having Edsal come in and destroy the program.

Pretty sure the people (person) responsible for his hire may be on the hotseat. He probably can’t get rid of Edsall yet or he/she would really be tying their own noose.

CanesCanesCanes

SNL spoof was hilarious.

People need to lighten up.

Uchamps

February 20, 2012

Delray, no doubt on Edsall. My thing is, why would he try to fix what isn’t broken? The players were fine!

His first fugg up was taking the names off of the back of the Jerseys. Dude, no young arrogant athlete wants to have “courage” and “toughness” on the back of his Jersey!!!

Thats Merryland not Notre Dame!!!

O’brien is a good QB, i don’t know how he fugged that kid up that bad!!

I hadn’t heard all the fuggery that went on at Uconn and how he handled his departure until that article. Man dude is a sleaze!!! and the worst part about it is HE STILL SUX!! Most slimeballz are at least decent!! Saban, Meyer, etc…

Canesx3. Yeah, people are acting stupid about the spoof but it was epically funny if you ask me. SNL hasn’t done anything that good in a while. That was satire at its finest!!!

Especially the end where the one anchor gets fired for the black jokes!!!!! lolololololol

Uchamps

February 20, 2012

Lin has made some good shotz. But he just isn’t special to me. all those assists numbers can be cut down drastically too.

If you have 8 assists but 7 turnovers then in my eyes you only have one assist. Dude is a turnover machine. but he has heart, grit, toughness and he can play some B-ball. He’s just not special to me yet.

But if that’s the best that ESpn can keep us occupied with then it shows how bad sports really are at the moment and how dumb Americans are as well.

CanesCanesCanes

February 20, 2012

Lin has some skills, no doubt, but what people don’t realize is that the Knicks, at least some of the time, are running a traditional pg, set play, pick and roll type offense, which is what was run when I was young. Not a knock on Lin, because I like him, and he has heart and toughness, but there are other guys in the NBA that could run that offense and put up those kind of numbers, if they committed to it.

Boston does some of it now with Rondo (Doc Rivers was a traditional pg in the NBA). Not sure what kind of offense the Clippers run, but you know Chris Paul would be killing it in that role with the Knicks.

Esteban

February 20, 2012

3XCanes, there are other guys that could, but none of the Knicks’ PGs could. And not every PG could do it in Phoenix in that same system. He’s not the best PG for any system, but he’s great for that one. Big part is opportunity and a big part is being a good fit. Great things can happen when you got those two things aligned. Especially when you add in hard work. Have your basketball future in jeopardy and guys put that work in if they got a semblance of sense.

Esteban

February 20, 2012

and UChamps…yeah he’s a turnover machine, but #1 thing that matters most is winning. Since he’s taken over they have been winning. They weren’t before. And they were losing to bad teams before he took over so can’t really knock the run by saying well they are just beating bad teams. Cause those bad teams were good against the Knicks a couple weeks ago.

its like knocking Golden for not winning against the top teams and only beating weaker teams at Temple. It’s true, but before he got there those weak teams got their wins against Temple and horrible teams like they were. Now he needs to take that next step the same way Lin has to (cutting them turnovers down and having production with less opportunities once Carmelo is back).

Esteban

February 20, 2012

and i think Edsall will have Maryland winning more games than they lose starting this year. Wanted to clean house. And when you do that you gotta toss out some things – and not only trash that gets tossed. Had to toss out players that weren’t buying in. Can’t have people questioning every move – be committed or be gone. Plus who knows if O’Brien’s dad or someone was talking to James Franklin throughout the season or whatever. Might be a similar situation to what it was with Marve when he was leaving here.

I’m with Este on Edsall.

Good coach. There is always turmoil with a new crew. Sometimes more than others.

Edsall is a tough coach and fatgen was the exact opposite.

He will do well there.

CanesCanesCanes

3XCanes, there are other guys that could, but none of the Knicks’ PGs could
    —————–

No doubt about this.

—————–

Second comment. Well said. Not only true in sports, but life in general.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DING, DING, DING….GET THIS MAN A BIG PURPLE TEDDY BEAR!!

I don’t give a damn if dude is Portuguese….dude is winning games in a city that DEMANDS it.

If J12’s name was Deung Lei Harris, and his TD to int ratings was 33-13, and we were 12-2….I’d kiss him on his lips….TODAY.

bg1906

pb(EOTHROH12)

February 20, 2012

How many turnovers will Lin have against the Heat? Lob city will produce a highlight reel for the ages if he keeps trying to create when he’s up in the air like he does.

The one thing Miami does better than any team I’ve ever seen is punish a team that turns the ball over.

Going to the game Thursday night. It should be a great show.

February 20, 2012

If J12′s name was Deung Lei Harris, and his TD to int ratings was 33-13, and we were 12-2….I’d kiss him on his lips….TODAY.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I second this.

Just be a winner. That is all that matters in the end.

Six

February 20, 2012

To add onto what CanesCanesCanes and Este were saying – Lin is more of a PG than a hell of a lot of the other PGs in the NBAnd1

Kid doesn’t have to be flashy or shooting the lights out – just needs to run the offense effectively, get guys in position within the offense and it’s probably even better if he doesn’t impress people b/c that means he’s sticking to what he should be doing and not trying to be too much .. which has led to some of the turnovers. He’s averaging 1 turnover more a game than Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams and Jon Wall – that isn’t horrific, considering where Lin came from in his career compared to those guys

Knicks have won 8 of 9 that he’s been running the show – before that? they’d lost 13 of 15

Kid is getting it done, just needs to not try and be like the others in the NBAnd1 and be more like a player in the old NBA

\ /
    U

(that’s supposed to be Lin’s eyes with a grin underneath it)

February 20, 2012

those of you who made it thru about 2 minutes or so of my above-posted link will have noticed that they discussed “tater tots”

. . . that’s the canes connection

here’s another good one for taco bell enthusiasts:

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:
    February 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    ////////////////////////////////////

ROFL, and i’m the potentate in this same organization if that lin line wasn’t intentional. While it maybe a term used often, how often is that term used as a headline all of a sudden. The funny thing to me is, the guys who wrote it either didn’t see nothing wrong with it, or thought they’d be able to explain it away or it was just to good for them to pass it up!

February 20, 2012

esteban is on point, what lin is doing cant be written off as a system thing. In fact speaking of turn-overs, he may start cutting those down as he get more playing time. I haven’t watched him play yet, but nobody just comes in the league and start lightin teams up like that unless they have talent. Of course once they start focusing in on em, we’ll see what he does after that but as it stands right now, he’s forcing other teams to have to step up their game, once people start feeling like he’s legit every night than we’ll see what happens, but i can’t see him being slowed down, he’s just a bigger version of steve nash when it comes to scoring points, nash is defintiely the better passer though, but i see no reason why lin’s decision making won’t improve, he’s balling.

February 20, 2012

bg, do the olsen brothers have a younger brother in highschool that plays qb that you know of!

February 20, 2012

Lin is gonna have a helluva time vs Miami. Definitely wanna see how we match up with the Big Two….sporting Lin, Mello, and Amare.

February 20, 2012

Cal that dude is an Olsen brother. Pretty good too.

Canez1 says:
    February 20, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    Cal that dude is an Olsen brother. Pretty good too.

Appreciate it. Not that we need em, but i wouldn’t be surprised if he comes in, That’s for sure!

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:
    February 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
    ///////////////////////////////

That’s a mismatch waiting to happen, but than again, it’ll definitely be interesting, wade can dominate lin, especially if they let lin guard wade on offense, lin would foul out. bron vs melo, i’m taking melo, and bosh vs amare, the edge goes to amare because he’s tougher but right now, amare & lin don’t play well together.

No doubt.

We should be back to the one qb a year system if all goes well this year.

I do hear good things about the kid.

We can definitely use a boost in the qb recruiting dept.

A nice offensive show this year will go along way. Same goes for te recruiting. That’s next on the to do list.

Captain Optimist

February 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM

>>>>>>>>>

Hey, there’s a reason those cats wear gowns and capes. lol

That shyt was tasteless and priceless at the same time….showing the idiots who run ESPN and how ridiculous the hype machine was in the first place.

Kid is strictly from The Bay….have y’all heard him talk. He looks like Mark Price when he shoots, just not as explosive off the dribble as Price was but not many are. He’s playing good PG ball. Keep down the turnovers and he’ll collect a nice paycheck for several years.

But Este made the main point- he had the Knicks winning, and with the big guns injured they desperately needed someone else to step. He did. But then the Teblow hype machine started and blew the whole thing out of proportion.

At least Lin was actually BALLIN and not stinking up the field riding on his OL and defense’s coattails like Teblow….

Captain Optimist

February 20, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:
    February 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
    ///////////////////////////////

>>>>>>>>>>>>

I’d actually take Lebron over Melo overall. It’s going to be tough on Lin. He truly needs to play it cool and within himself and try not to foul out, like you said.

Captain Optimist

February 20, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    No doubt.

We should be back to the one qb a year system if all goes well this year.

I do hear good things about the kid.

We can definitely use a boost in the qb recruiting dept.

>>>>>>>>>>>

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. That’s the one thing I’m most confident in this year…Jeddi, Morris and the WRs even with all the graduations, should be able to light it up. The OL should be solid as well as the RBs.

Captain Optimist

February 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cal, Lin’s a journeyman. He’s bounced around, even played in the NBADL. He’s worked apparently grown his game properly.

February 20, 2012

Price was explosive of the dribble…..?

Damn, I been lunchin. Gotta dust off some old Cav footage. Maybe more explosive than Stockton or Scott Skiles, but I don’t remember him blowin nobody’s hair back.
    But that Price could shoot his a$$ off….I ain’t forgot that.

Uchamps

——

True that este. can’t argue this. I just don’t think hes special…… yet

Uchamps

——

True that este. can’t argue this. I just don’t think hes special…… yet

As far as Edsall goes, there is NO PROOF that this guy is a good coach. I would bet 100 + bucks that Merryland won’t have a winning season in the next three years!!!!

CanesCanesCanes

February 20, 2012

Not trying to put words in CO’s mouth, but maybe he means he got his jump shot out very quickly, because Price was not an inch over 5-10 and wasn’t a great leaper so he had to have a quick release

He wasn’t a take it strong to the basket kinda guy

Uchamps

February 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I second this.

Just be a winner. That is all that matters in the end.

——————–

I’ve read enough!! I know what football camp you guys went to back in the day!!!

February 20, 2012

That’s gotta be what he meant.

February 20, 2012

cav, bron can not guard carmelo, anthony abuses him almost every time. Especially if it’s a half court game, and i’m not sold on lebron’s low post game yet either, it still reminds me of when shaq use to opposit baseline 1 handed shot and than run down the court with his hand still in the shooting/flat motion like it was almost always automatic or something. I get that same feeling with lebron’s low post game right now. We’ll see exactly how much confidence bron has in his low post game come play-off time. cav, this is how it’s been with carmelo vs lebron, no way is lebron the better basketball player, he’s a better over all athlete but not a better basketball player:

February 20, 2012

cav, watch the the traveling/lay-up miss at the 1:28mark in particular!

February 20, 2012

cav, wath the 5:34 sec mark, call cps, that was child abuse!

Six

February 20, 2012

D.Williams playing out of his mind right now .. 8 3pters .. 32 points – career high

Lin with only 1 TO in the game and should have more assists, but it seems layups or simple shots underneath the basket are hard to make for the Knicks

Most amount of time Lin played in the NBAnd1 before the Knicks was under 10 minutes total for Golden State – kid never saw the court basically, what he’s doing now is crazy

Six

Captain Optimist

CanesCanesCanes
    February 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM

He wasn’t a take it strong to the basket kinda guy

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Exactly but Price was quick in the open court and would pull-up and pop on a dime. Plus, he was a pioneer or blowing through a trap/double-team.

I’ll find a video…

Esteban

February 20, 2012

UChamps that’s an easy money bet. Hope u ain’t serious.

Captain Optimist

February 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM

February 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM
    cav, watch the the traveling/lay-up miss at the 1:28mark in particular!

February 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    cav, wath the 5:34 sec mark, call cps, that was child abuse!

>>>>>>>>>>

Maaannn, you’re spot on again!! haha I’ve never watched those two head to head or even back to back in videos.

Carmelo is without a doubt more POLISHED than Lebron. His moves are like ballet. He took Lebron off the dribble to the hole, off the dribble pulling up and squared him up and dropped it with no dribble. And it was all EFFORTLESS. THAT is MASTERY of offensive basketball. Denver was idiotic to trade him. You build a franchise around a talent like that. smh…..

Lebron compensates with his athletic brilliance but Melo has ALL the moves.

I’ll tell you though, people complain about the NBA but the real problem is THE FANS. They’re fukin half-asleep until the last two minutes of the 4th.

Melo and Lebron were putting on a MASTERPIECE of basketball and they only cheered when Lebron dunked.

It’s also funny watching fans lack of reaction to Lebron and Carmelo’s masterpiece moves but scream and shout to Lin’s nice but everyday moves. lol

I guess it’s all about expectations.

Regardless, watching those cats is like watching Jimi Hendrix or SRV play the guitar. Masters at work…..

Six

Lin 21 pts .. 9 assists .. 7 boards .. 4 steals .. 3 turnovers

Game is over but D.Williams is still scoring

Captain Optimist

PhillyCane

February 20, 2012

I dunno Cal, Melo might be a better scorer but I think lebrons a better defender and rebounder, passer and team player

February 20, 2012

Cav beat me to the Melo/Lebron highlights. Melo has had him on the hip thus far, but if they played 10 times in the park, James prolly wins 6, cause Melo doesn’t play enough D.
    Kenny Anderson was SICK WIT IT. I can remember going thru a phase where I tried to do everything basketball related, left-handed to try and imitate him. (For the rec’ I am ambidexterous) Favorite all-time point for me was Kevin Johnson though. Not the GREATEST….just my favorite. Everyone remembers him inking on Hakeem, but he sh!t on John Williams and big Mark Eaton nearly as bad.

Someone post the highlights….I too lazy.

bg1906

Delray.

After watching some more footage tonight I can tell you whyI think we haven’t offered Greg Bryant. Its because we have a better version of him in Alex Collins. Collins can do everything Bryant can do but has a top end too that Bryant doesn’t have. Bryant is about 10 lbs heavier but Collins is just as physical. The more I watch Collins the more and more I think he has a chance to be the #1 RB in the state this year. He’s that good. We did good landing him and landing him early.

February 20, 2012

This guy doesn’t have a problem lying, how in the hell can anybody going into their 3rd fight with somebody say they under-estimated a man he never clearly beat. I can see if he said he under-estimated marquez in the 2nd fight since he did get 3 knockdowns in the 1st fight.

But after you knock a guy down 3 times and the fight still ends up being a draw, for the person who got knocked down 3 times to make it to being called a draw had to really out box the other guy.
    //////////////////////////////////////////

The movie may not have been the same had Pacquiao been at his best for Marquez. Pacquiao said Saturday that he “underestimated” Marquez and that he didn’t do plyometrics training.

Man, take the test!

February 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    Delray.

///////////////////////////////

bg, i was going to post this very thing when i say it being asked why we haven’t offered bryant and it’s clear, his speed/lack thereof is going to be a problem at the next level, great burst not enuff giddy up. He may actually end up switching positions and this staff not offering him shows that they actually do have an eye for elite talent. Time will tell though, i’m looking forward to seeing how guys like olsen pierre, grimble and corey king develop. porter can play any type d-tackle technique and be effective. darius smith started coming on strong, i can us starting darrius and porter along with chick and whoever else.

At linebacker, that’s going to be a real battle all the way, no more hiding behind spence, somebody is going to have to step up and take charge of that linebacking unit!

bg1906

Cal.

DP going get the LBs straight and I think Kirby comes in and plays. McCord would be another to watch depending on how he adjusts. Don’t sleep on Eddie Johnson either. I think he’ll have some opportunities.

bg1906

seriously?!

Saban sends recruit 105 letters in one day

08:17 AM ET 02.20 | Nick Saban is keeping the post office in Tuscaloosa awfully busy. Alabama made national headlines when it mailed 105 recruiting letters in a day to a running back from Atlanta this week, Norcross High School junior Alvin Kamara. Usually, Saban puts stamps on only about 4-6 letters per day to Kamara. “Yeah, I got home and they were failing out of my mailbox,” Kamara said. “It was crazy but I liked it.” … What’s really amazing about Alabama’s 105-letter bombardment to Kamara is that — while he has yet to finish opening them all up — none of dozens he has already ripped into are duplicates. Each letter has a new message or selling point about Alabama’s football dynasty.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/324115?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI#ixzz1mzp98ss2

February 21, 2012

COLUMBIA | Signing day has come and gone, but Missouri might not be done adding to its 2012 recruiting class.

According to Tallahassee Godby offensive coordinator Cleon McFarlane, the Tigers are close to landing former Miami commitment Brandon Holifield.

McFarlane said Holifield, a three-star tight end/receiver who was listed at 6-feet-6, 215 pounds last season, visited Columbia early last week and enjoyed the campus. He backed out of a commitment to Miami around signing day despite being committed to the Hurricanes since June.

“Brandon is still sorting through some things,” McFarlane said Friday. “An offer is on the table and he’s intrigued about the possibility of going to Missouri. Playing in that wide-open offense is enticing…if he decided to go, they like him as an inside guy because he creates match up problems.”

Teams interested in Holifield – who McFarlane said is also considering Miami, Massachusetts and Rutgers – will be getting a talented, but raw, prospect. A basketball and track star, he didn’t start playing organized football until his senior season, which was sidetracked by a groin injury.

“He was hurt the majority of the year, so he only had a couple catches,” McFarlane said. “It was just kind of a nagging deal. Missouri realizes he’s not a polished guy yet, but they like his upside.”

The Hurricanes offered Holifield a scholarship at a summer camp, and he seemed on track to stick with his commitment, even telling Rivals.com he enjoyed his final visit to the school right before signing day.

McFarlane was hesitant to go into the reasons Holifield chose not to sign with the Hurricanes, although he wanted to make it clear that Miami – which signed a massive recruiting class and had a handful of surprise commitments late in the process – still wants him.

“The University of Miami has been nothing but good to him, and has been good throughout this entire process,” McFarlane said. “The offer was not rescinded.”

McFarlane, however, told PowerMizzou.com last week that Holifield has been thinking about decommitting from Miami for a while, and ultimately pulled the trigger after the aforementioned visit to Coral Gables.

Regardless, if Holifield commits to Missouri, the Tigers would be getting a kid that has run the 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds, high jumps almost seven feet and definitely has some of that trademark Florida swagger.

“He’s a cocky kid,” McFarlane said. “You need a little bit of that, and he definitely has that.”

McFarlane has a story that reinforces that notion.

“Before he even played a down of football this year, he walked up to DeAndre McDaniel – one of the Godby all-time greats, a guy that was an All-American at Clemson – and said that ‘If I played football, my stats would be all over yours,’” McFarlane recalled with a laugh.

McDaniel, who is currently a safety for the San Diego Chargers, challenged Holifield to play football, and he eventually did.

“It was all in fun,” McFarlane said. “But if anybody knows Brandon, he meant every word.”

Although Holifield’s senior season didn’t go according to plan, the good news is that a decision about his future should be coming soon. McFarlane said Holifield, who is fully qualified academically, only needs to discuss his options with his mother.

“He has until April 1, but he’ll make a decision within the next week or two,” McFarlane said.

Holifield would be the Tigers’ second commitment from the state of Florida in the Class of 2012, joining Sean Culkin, a 6-foot-5, 226-pound three-star tight end from Largo, Fla.

Read more here: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2404#storylink=cpy

Delray

February 21, 2012

Thanks BG. I did ponder that as well butt thought it would be good competition to bring in both. Do we have an offer to another RB as well?

bg1906

Delray.

Ryan Green is offered. He’s dynamic too.

Autumn.

Holifield is NOT a loss.

CanesCanesCanes

February 21, 2012

I’ve only seen a couple of blurbs about Gionni Paul’s knee injury.

Is there anything out there about the severity of the injury? Did it happen in the offseason, or something carried over from the season?

Was hoping he would start to contribute more this season, but we all know if it’s a really severe injury he’s probably done for this season.

bg1906

Cx3.

From what I know it was in off season and he’s on crutches. He was starting to flash in off season workouts and they expected production from him. How severe I don’t know.

CanesCanesCanes

February 21, 2012

Thanks, bg. There’s knee injuries and the there’s really bad knee injuries. There are the kind where you’re running a few weeks after surgery, then there are the 12 month rehab injuries. What caught my eye was the crutches, which I had read somewhere. Crutches doesn’t sound good, but hard to tell. You’d think a local reporter would ask.

bg1906
    February 21, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Autumn.

Holifield is NOT a loss.
    <<<<<<<<<<

that's what i thought . . . the article surprised me

thanks

JSQ author

February 21, 2012

Gentlemen, I hope you had a nice weekend. You will get a new article on which to comment later today.

pb(EOTHROH12)

February 21, 2012

Don’t forget the ladies too Mary, we’re just about due for a “Go Canes!” from mom.

Delray

February 21, 2012

Was waiting for Six to chime in about Ryan Green as he is from the West Coast. Would he coming in as a RB or other? My guess would be RB and see how it pans out.

PhillyCane

February 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    Here’s another player better than both of them, hint, he’s the one who scored 44points!

^^^^^^^^^

Agreed here, I got Wade at #3 behind kobe and durant with rose, lebron and cp3 closely behind and sweeeet louuuuu williams of the sixers somewhere in the back end of the top 7 or 8

Esteban

February 21, 2012

flashing in off season work outs? that’s worse than being king of spring – at least there is hitting in the spring outside of QB. no more top dogs in the off season. be top dog during the season and then i’ll switch views on guys. for a LB he needs to at least do it in the spring first so I can start to switch my tune. short, pudgy, and not fast – he’s already behind the ball. hopefully flashing in the off season is a literal thing cause he’s hype about his new non-pudgy body. gotta get in the right shape first so they can meet their potential.

CanesCanesCanes

February 21, 2012

I haven’t watched Paul hardly at all, but is that you’re assessment of him when he did play (which I know wasn’t much)? That bad, Este?

But I do agree, I’m putting very little stock in offseason workout awards or spring stats. They’re necessary, and it’s good to showout, but show me in the fall.

February 21, 2012

bg, i’ve been interested to see how eddie johnson develops myself as well, c ause he’s definitely an athlete, at the same time, he’ll have to start earning his mark on special teams. dzp stood out on special teams and i think alot of the older guys knew how good dzp was but when he made plays, not to many people would go and celebrate with em just to make sure he stays hungry.

dzp will be right, and i’m real interested in seeing if jimmy gaines improves, at the same time he played stout last year at times, but you could see he was still a true sophmore trying to hold up and he did a solid job. If he improves, he’ll definitely be hard to beat out, plus he’ll know the defense a whole lot better going into this year. As long as we got guys who know their checks, we’ll be ok at the linebacking spots, buchanon coming back, going to be good that he’ll be someone the players should be able to lean on, but i think we’ll have 3 linebackers who all just start making plays on a regular.

All i know is, what d-co in their right mind would leave a linebacker unproven in pass coverage lined up in press man, when your own db’s don’t play press man, in the crunch without calling a time-out, that gives me no confidence when i think about it!

Six

February 21, 2012 at 1:43 AM

seriously?!

Saban sends recruit 105 letters in one day

******

‘Bama gets it done in every fashion .. also helps when you have what is similar to a secretary pool of people able to do just that, send out letters/emails/texts/facebook/Skype/smoke signals/carrier pigeons

Six

February 21, 2012

Delray – kid is a nice player but on a real crap team … and when I say crap, I mean opposing teams dropped 48 pts., 61 pts., 45 pts. and 70 pts. on them. Nelson Agholor ran for almost 170 yards on only 8 or 9 carries against them and Berk Prep smoked them 45-0

SPCatholic didn’t win a game in their District .. only won 2 games all year .. scored the least amount of points within their District and gave up the most points within their District by 229 points. So, it’s not like they were putting up a lot of points and just being plain outscored Area Football League style – they couldn’t even put up a lot of points in the first place

Kid is the bigger fish in the smaller pond and gets keyed on primarily by opposing teams b/c the rest of his team is honestly anti-good .. and is going to be probably worse this year

You remember in Tecmo Bowl when you’d call the right defensive play and as soon as the ball was hiked it was like the entire team, including every player on the bench, for the other team was on top of your QB within .5 seconds? That’s what it looked like a lot this year when a lot of teams played SPCatholic

Would like to see Green transfer to another school, like Jesuit or Plant or even Berk Prep, so the kid can have a little bit more support and room to move – then again, kid is resilient in going out there onto the field like he is when he knows the team around him is the Washington Generals

JSQ author

New blog

Six

February 21, 2012

Finally – Land O’Lakes found guilty of illegal recruiting and has to forfeit 44 games .. 23 of them in football

Remember when I was saying the Canes should stay the hell away from Stevie Weatherford? Would’ve been real nice to get Kent Taylor from there – kid reminds me of Greg Olsen in so many ways it’s scary … but generally, stay away from that school