Kicking Off Spring Practice

After a weekend where some of us are no longer able to hear out of our right ears because of the piercing screams of fugly croc women, it is best to focus on the positive.  Starting with Men’s Basketball, the ‘Canes sent their seniors out in style last Saturday with a 77-56 win over Boston College, giving Miami its best season record in the ACC, 9-7.  Now it is time for the ACC Tournament and a chance to make it to the big dance. This chance comes Thursday at 9pm as the No. 6 seed ‘Canes will face No. 11-seed Georgia Tech in the first round of the 59th Annual ACC Tournament held at Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA.  To check out the rest of the ACC Tournament bracket, click here.

Next, our beloved Miami Hurricanes returned to Greentree to commence spring practice.  While the Saturday start was met with news of three suspensions and proof that Coach Golden has a way with not-so-subtle metaphors, Sunday gave fans the opportunity to check out our boys at the open practice.  Special thanks to my photographer, Jerry, for attending the practice in my stead and providing the entertaining shots below.

Greentree says:

Great pics!! Go Canes!!

2. Nice first, Greentree! Orange or green?

3. Este.

My celly isn’t working. Dropped in liquid.

Greentree says:

Thanks. I’ll take a green!

5. Green it is, Greentree! :-)

Bg, did you try putting it in a bowl of rice? I’ve heard that has worked for some people.

Greentree says:

JSQ, that article you posted On the last blog re tsa and the breast pump I read that a few days ago….ridiculous!!! They cause more problems than anything. Do they actually make anyone feel safer?

Btw. I chose green in honor of the suspended 3.

7. LMAO, Greentree!

A moment of silence for the puff puff pass crew . . .

And yeah, there are some sick tickets at the TSA.

8. Calvin says:
    March 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    March 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    Seantrel and the Dobbie Brothers Crew are floating on thin ice! Golden s0unded pissed on QAM. Also he keeps taking swipes at the kids that left in terms of they personify the CULTURE around the program. He said we had more guys at the combine than we had wins! WOW!
    //////////////////////////////////////

dobbie brothers, ROFL!

It is going to take a while to clean out the stink in Miami and for the loser bug to go bye bye. Oregon wide receiver arrested for DUI…..I really think some of these kids just take stupid pills.

Uchamps says:

These kids are the new breed. Most people 24 and older came up during the struggle or had rents that went through a heavy struggle so in turn they were raised with that certain drive.

These youngins are spoiled arrogant brats who have no real grasp on reality. They just don’t know any better. They have no idea how hard it was for the man before them, you can blame the rents for 50% of the problem with these kids.

Yeah, you could say “well Irvin and co. partied” but they also understood hardwork and dedication. They worked hard SO THEY COULD PLAY HARD!

It happened in the past but its times ten nowadays. Mo money mo problems.

Uchamps says:

Damn! That Utough is making dollas outta 15 cent!!! Got them boys hurtn! Its so bad dudes left for the NFL and quit the team in hopes of escaping it! I wish i could do some Utough! Need that!!

Damn, Omar is going in on Coach Golden.

13. Champ great point.

These little punk ass bytches have no idea.

My grandmother and her sisters had to wear flour sacks as underwear back In the day. I kid you not. When the label wore off, that’s when u got a new pair.

I grew up without the Internets!!! Wtf is that!! Lol

Now kids got it “rough” if they don’t have a cell phone by 10 yrs old.

Pussification is alive and well.

Culture is changing at the U. Everything else will fall in line.

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

Anybody remember stylin the window-unit AC, (If you even had it….My moms didn’t get one until I was about 11-12. Still remember opening it and feeling like we were rich) and blocking off the hallways and kitchen with sheets?
    That’s that sh!t right there….

15. We had an attic fan until I was 12. That thing was loud as F.

My mom still treats heat and central air as an emergency measure that shouldn’t be turned on unless one is seconds from frostbite or heat stroke.

As a result, I keep my AC at a frosty 72.

Ballin!

;-)

Jello,

My late grandmom, on my dads side, NEVER trusted washing machines….even when they became relatively affordable for folks. She washed on that old scrub-board thing and the tin bucket, FOREVA!!
    She actually turned a washer & dryer down when her nurse/family friend offered to buy her a set.

That sh!t cray….

17. Wow…

Yeah, that’s hardcore. I don’t use the dryer that much but no washing machine?!!!

Same with dishwashers. How did we live without those?!

I feel rustic when I wash dishes by hand instead of just throwing them in the dishwasher.

That was another purchase that made me have a Dave Chappelle moment (I’m rich, biotch!) when my family got one.

Just realizing right now that my least favorite things to do around the house are the things that were my chores growing up.

Our players need to wash dishes, fold and put away laundry, and clean bathrooms.

i grew up down in Miami without A/C. never got fully dry after showers all the heat and humidity. didn’t have a/c at the house til I was gone away to college. shoot, I’d come back from college and have to stay on the couch cause my room was taken once I cleared it. happened twice to me while in college – two different rooms. would find things that belonged to me at my sister/brothers places after they moved back out. had to leave to for college knowing anything i left behind might be forever lost.

and i got a dishwasher…only use it to have a place to put the wet dishes after I clean ‘em.

What is Omar saying Rashad?

here are some of the things Omar said about Golden the situation with the players who are gone:

Omar Kelly
    *Before you try to go back and forth with me on this please make sure you know the difference in money between an NFL 2nd rounder and 4th rounder. If you don’t then we’re not in the same league, don’t even play with the same ball. Losing a year in the NFL (staying for one more season) is worth $390,000 at LEAST. Ask yourself if a kid from Liberty City can pass that up?

*Leonard Hankerson stayed for his senior season and had an amazing year. What did that guarantee him? Third round. How about Allen Bailey? Staying for his senior season really boosted his stock. If you don’t know much about the draft process you’re better off shutting your mouth and wishing them luck, not questioning their heart and commitment to the program.

*I heard this same argument from ignorant people who said Frank Gore should have stayed at UM, or Jon Beason wasn’t ready for the pros. You don’t know a player’s circumstances, and unless you’re going to put his $400,000 rookie salary on your payroll you’re better off shutting your mouth and wishing them luck.

*I don’t have a firm opinion about Al Golden. Never met him, but I do know he had more talent on that team than wins produced. Golden even admits that. That’s not the problem of the players who left. It’s the problem of the coaching staff, which failed to maximize the talent of the players there. Why continue to play for a defense that sucks? Lamar Miller sat on the bench too long. Tommy Streeter clearly should have played earlier. Was Olivier Vernon or Brandon Washington used properly?

*They weren’t Al Golden’s players to begin with, and many of them had been at UM long enough. Golden didn’t make Tommy Streeter, or Lamar Miller, or Olivier Vernon, or Brandon Washington. Those players made a business decision, and all of them will be in the NFL next season. Where they finished developing at UM? NOPE! But they could develop better in the NFL, and get to their second deal quicker. In the new NFL that’s where the REAL money is.

*I have a HUGE problem with what Al Golden said today about the Canes underclassmen entering the draft. Was he going to make Lamar Miller or Tommy Streeter first round picks? Was he going to ensure that Marcus Fortson didn’t suffer YET another season ending knee injury? He’s not getting any younger. Was Golden going to continue to play Brandon Washington out of position, continuing to hurt his draft stock?

that’s in reverse order. the first thing he said is at the bottom.

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

I couldn’t imagine SoFla without AC, Este.

The mosquitos must’ve been as big as falcons down there.

and i’ll add i didn’t care for what he implied either. overall i don’t disagree with the point of guys coming in looking to go to the NFL instead of winning titles with the NFL coming with that. i didn’t care for it cause like I said on the radio show at the end of the season – will coming back to that defense help Vernon’s stock? Forston’s? Why would Miller come back? Streeter is the one who potentially left the most money on the table, but no guarantee he did. Might be better off in the long run by coming out early. Washington is a guard who’s rated as the #3 guard by a number of draft “experts” so how much greater would his stock be – especially since strictly an interior lineman? i wonder what those guys thought of the comments.

i don’t think of the mosquitoes down in Miami as being big as much as being every where. up north those mosquitoes are directly from dinosaur days. i never got bit on my scalp or my face until I moved up north. those mosquitoes are truly surviving by any means necessary. i got left with some big a$$ bites.

25. Wait, Omar Kelly doesn’t like the dude coaching the ‘Canes?

That’s new.

Dude needs to host his own daytime talk show and stop trying to be a journalist. Such a drama queen.

I like what Golden said. It’s true. Its the same things we’ve been saying for a couple years. I was hoping Ray-Ray would follow suit and go pro. The quicker we can get rid of the half-assers, the quicker we can see better and more consistent football.

27. Just watched Horrible Bosses.

Hilarious.

Almost as good at little Stewie’s video of Brian Adam’s “Everything I Do…” on now. Lol

JSQ,

Horrible Bosses had me screaming..LOL..One of the funnier movies Ive seen in awhile.

29. Esteban what you said got me thinking.

What is up with no lightning bugs down here?

What is that about?

I don’t remember them in DC either.

Did they go extinct or do they just not exist down here?

30. Yeah, Rashad, I fell asleep the first time I watched it so I had to watch the whole thing. I think the second half is the best. Good stuff!

31. yeah Horrible Bosses had me laughin too.

Bridesmaids i cut off cause i just thought it was too boring and the main chick was annoying – bathroom/street $hit scene excluded of course.

32. wanted Ray Ray to go too? When did he become a half a$$er? I forget who they were talking with but it was a younger DB. He brought up Ray Ray and JoJo as being the guys who were the leaders. other guy mentioned Ray Ray as the guy he looks to when he has questions, etc. The chicken dinner tweet was dumb, but wasn’t like he was known for not putting in the work.

Greentree says:

Anyone watching Raw? John Cena just gave us a quasi shoutout

Este,

Ray-Ray just got on my bad list with the tweet of the chicken. I mean, you know the ncaa is all over you, don’t draw attention to yourself. Kinda like Mr Henderson, who already been in trouble with the green, and still doing it. Hate to see young, talented guys, piss away their chances.

Greentree says:

And yes I’m 30 yrs old and i still watch raw from time to time. Lol.

Greentree,

I’m watching it right now..lol..I already have my tickets for Wrestlemania..lol

Greentree says:

Hahaha. Rashad, I may have to order that on PPV.

raizecane says:

Greentree says:
    March 5, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    Hahaha. Rashad, I may have to order that on PPV.

****************************************************************

No need….just go to http://www.p2p4u.net and watch if for free.

Greentree says:

Oh damn if its free I’ll def have to watch it. I’m a retard when it comes to finding those kinds of things on the internets for free.

UMomentum says:

There ought to be something that you want bad enough that you are relentless and tenacious and patient for it. We understand that about preparing great meals or placing large purchases on lay away or getting good jobs. Some things happen instantly but most things of value don’t come into your possession until you have paid your dues. Most things of high quality require time, they require the right conditions, the proper environment; they come into being via prayer, an advancing state of mind, a burning desire, unwavering faith, unstoppable persistence and all of the powerful forces and factors that demand the achievement of any lofty goal.

The youth today don’t understand patience. They confuse patience with waiting; they misconstrue hurt and pain. Hurt is something someone does to you, pain is something you do to yourself. Waiting is hurtful but everyone and everything has to wait. It takes time for a thought, a spiritual and etheric vibration, to manifest into a thing – it’s physical equivalent. We just don’t have a thought an it instantly becomes a thing. It takes a concerted effort to bring forth any desire and it takes an immense effort to create anything of greatness.

There is no tree in the acorn. There is only a plan for a tree, a blueprint, but the tree is in the universe. If I hold that acorn in my hand, it will never become a tree. But if its put in good soil, with plenty of sunlight, with the right nourishment and temperature — that little acorn will use this energy to take root and sprout a stem and branches and leaves. If it’s judiciously cultivated, no other trees crowd it out, if no lumberjack comes along and chops it down — that acorn can reach it’s full potential. But it takes time and plenty of other factors for that small seed to become the giant oak its destined to be.

These young ones don’t understand patience because they can’t appreciate the lessons learned from delayed gratification. Patience is not waiting, it’s the attitude you have while you wait. Patience is living the journey, loving what you do and being grateful for every moment. You don’t really value something that you didn’t labor for. You don’t remember the microwave meal or save a souvenir from the fast food you grabbed at the drive thru. Raising the crystal ball is never forgotten and the championship ring can never be taken away.

These recent Miami guys are good guys, good players; but good is the enemy of great. Do what it takes to win a National Championship at the college level and getting drafted high won’t be a hope or a want, it will be expected. These young men didn’t build the legacy, they inherited it. Ask the heir of any billionaire and I’m sure they will tell you just how difficult it is to carry on the legacy while creating you own mark.

The prior Canes worked so hard and were so great that just seeing the uniform caused the opponents to tremble. They had discipline, the ability to delay gratification. Others teams wanted to win but the Canes expected to. That expectation was a result of the cumulative work that was invested. That expectation became known as swagger. Somewhere along the line, the swagger became associated with the outer uniform and not the tremendous power within it. These guys had a code of honor. They were and still are a team and a family because they thought and acted with a certain level of integrity.

What Al Golden is talking about is character. If it’s just about money and individual talent then we can just have a D1 league and forego the tradition and the history. This isn’t just about getting paid, covering your body in tattoos and shopping, it’s about impacting the world. A team is about sacrifice and compromise: you sacrifice for the benefit of the other person; you compromise your individual goals for the goals of whole community. What those past Hurricane players did impacted the world. They didn’t just merge the South Florida community, they didn’t just make a documentary; they inspired people everywhere. If you grew up the way I and so many others did, UM made you believe that you could be a part of something greater than you. You could be a David and topple giants. You could master your own fate and be the captain of your own soul.

I’m not on campus but I’m going to defer to Coach Golden’s expertise here. I also agree that our goals should be all inclusive, a national championship and an NFL career. It’s not like this has not happened before. If a talented kid wants the quickest route to the NFL then I prefer he go somewhere else. Like Al, I too am growing weary of these selfish attention-mongers. Give me the character guy, the giver who gets it all – the degree, the ring and the NFL gig. We need to be honest with ourselves about what our priorities really are and be willing to make the necessary changes to keep the U first.

“Success is not something you pursue,
    it’s something you attract
    by the person you become” – Jim Rohn

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

Always interesting to see who says “Lightning Bugs” and who says “Fireflies”….

You almost never see them things in Hampton Rds. We used to catch em and take their lights off, then smear the luminous chemical on our hands.
    It would still glow for a little, after you took them apart.

42. I have a wall unit A/C and no washer/dryer or dishwasher in my apartment

These are facts

43. Will be interesting to see where all the Cane players are drafted .. then, all the projections by writers/bloggers from when the players declared until draft day – we’ll see what happens

44. I agree with everything Alonzo Highsmith said about some of the early entrees – they are in for a rude awakening come draft day.

Also, who cares what Omar says. The more the guy talks the more I’m starting to believe he just wants to play the role of a shock jock.

U momentum very good I think you need to write an article for JSQ :)

How long did I say these kids just did not have (most of this opinion formed from their off field work ethic). No harm in having fun but everything in moderation…most successful people know how to juggle work and fun.

The a/c convo so funny….when we finally got central a/c as kids, my mom kept the room a/c in my room. That thing was awesome!!!! JSQ we had an attic fan too and that thing was really, really loud! :)

did not have it^

Uchamps says:

Damn Umomentum!!!!! Hell of a post +1000

raizecane says:

Speaking of A/C, I remember talking to my dad years ago and he telling me that in Cuba, you always had a breeze so an A/C was not really needed. But what really got me was when he told me how they used to wash the house.

I am thinking something along the lines of a pressure washer to the outside but what they did to clean a house was to literally take all the furniture out of the house, take a hose to every room, wait for it to dry and then move the furniture back in…… :-)

49. Esteban
    March 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

yep – me too

. . . many evenings i'd walk to the sink, throw water on me, lay back down with the fan blowing right on me, 6 minutes later repeat

. . . to this day i have a heat neurosis and i try to avoid the mediterranean part of europe . . . give me austria, switzerland, norway & scotland any day

. . . no saunas for me either
    . . . they don't make enough gatorade to get me in those things

50. jsut realized what time it is in miami

. . . good morning all you early EOTH posters

51. . . . no saunas for me either
    . . . they don’t make enough gatorade to get me in those things

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They do make enough gatorade but I think someone else is drinking all of it!

52. Barton leaves, Robinson decides to stay
    by: Steve Gorten March 5th, 2012 | 12:07 PM
    CORAL GABLES — Offensive lineman Jermaine Barton no longer is on the Hurricanes football team.

A UM spokesman said Monday that Barton quit the team last week, but did not provide a reason for Barton’s departure.

The 6-foot-7, 305-pound redshirt sophomore came to UM as a three-start recruit from nearby high school powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas, but never panned out. After redshirting in 2010, he spent last season on the scout team, and was buried on the depth chart.

Meanwhile, redshirt junior defensive tackle Luther Robinson, who was contemplating a transfer, will stay and play for UM this fall, his dad said Monday. Robinson was not happy about coaches wanting to move him to offensive guard. They allowed him to remain at defensive tackle, where he has worked the first two spring practices.

53. lol delray

54. Morris takes on role that Harris did two springs ago
    by: Steve Gorten March 5th, 2012 | 12:56 PM
    CORAL GABLES – For this spring, Miami quarterback Stephen Morris is essentially Coach Morris.

“It’s a great opportunity for him to be an assistant coach,” offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch said.

The junior, who’s sitting out following back surgery about a week and a half ago, is to true freshmen Gray Crow and Preston Dewey, who enrolled early in January, what Jacory Harris was to Morris two springs ago when Morris was getting valuable reps as an early-enrollee freshman while Harris sat out all of spring due to thumb surgery.

“He did a good job just making sure they’re working on their footwork, their reads, that they’re getting in and out of the huddle, doing all the little things well,” Coach Al Golden said. “Stephen’s got a lot of innate ability. He’s a natural leader. We’ve just got to push him out of his comfort zone a little bit just so he can become more audible and command more. So in that respect, this will be a silver lining for him.”

In the meantime, Morris is also doing light throwing. During Sunday’s practice, he tossed short passes to wide receivers as he did the day before.

“I feel fine. I was throwing the ball around. It wasn’t anything major,” Morris said after the Hurricanes’ first practice of spring Saturday. “It wasn’t a 25-yard or 35-yard throw downfield. It was just to get back into the groove of things and start back from square one.”

Morris said he doesn’t know how or when he injured his back, but he had been dealing with “slight pain” for a long time.

“It came about to the point where I had to really talk about it and think about what I needed to do for it,” he said. “It’s been feeling like that since high school, as long as I can remember. It was just a chronic thing that just kept coming back.”

Morris said his back feels “great” right now.

“Physically, I know I’ll be fine. I know that I’m going to get back in the weight room and do everything I need to do to get stronger and faster,” he said. “This is the time to get any type of procedure done, and that’s what I did.”

Still, there was initial shock upon learning surgery was needed.

“I was kind of speechless,” he said.

55. Lived with out a dishwasher for the last 7 years. Just bought one recently.

Canes Outsider says:

Have a dishwasher, I call her Sally.

What?!?

Is it wrong to want to name your dishwasher?

57. Not at all, Canes Outsider.

My dishwashers have gone by several names.

But then after you promote them to Jello shot apprentice, they get all cocky, talk back, and you have to get a new model.

Gotta keep them in their place.

Canes Outsider says:

Never get an apprentice.

Look what happened to Emperor Palpatine.

Had the known Universe in his hands, trusted Darth Vader, and down he fell.

Lessons from Star Wars and the Godfather should not be ignored.

Lessons from Beverly Hills Cop, I ignore them all the time.

59. Wow, UMomentum, great post!

I second Canechic’s suggestion! :-)

Canes Outsider says:

This is how your apprentice will see you.

Control the Jello Shots, and you control the world.

61. LMAO, CO!

62. I don’t think I told you guys . . .

A fellow ‘Canes fan, who doesn’t even read the blog but has been to my tailgates since um, the dawn of time, got me 12 boxes of jello in orange and green for Christmas.

lol. One less thing to buy for the EPIC spring game tailgate!

63. I can’t see the movie, CO. :-(

Canes Outsider says:

Excellent post UMomentum. I do not think it fits for ALL young people (although the previous generation RARELY gives their young any credit), but it does seem in this twitter era that they are worse than when our young were flappers, or hipsters, or hippies, or even Gen X, because those had a GOAL, even if they were goals their parents disagreed with.

Quick, try to describe folks born between 1990 and 2000, what do you get? Nothing, bleh, individuals rather than groups, with little to show for their efforts and little to be remembered for twenty years from now.

But individually, you can find plenty of examples of youth that DO get it. Not defending them, just saying Al Golden WILL find the guys that don’t fit the current me-first-me-second-me-only mold.

Canes Outsider says:

The Police, Wrapped Around My Finger (also known as The Young Apprentice).

Cool, I am CO already!

66. These people and their weddings!

– – – – – – –

JSQ: Please give me dates so I can start planning the bachelorette party

Missy: I was thinking Labor Day:

JSQ: WRONG! I AM IN BOSTON FOR MIAMI’S SEASON OPENER!!!!

– – – – –

Just because her team was afraid of crossing the 40 yard line in the national championship doesn’t mean she has to ruin my season!

That ish is gonna be in July before fall practice starts and she’s gonna f’ing like it!

67. Now she wants the bachelorette party in Boston.

I told her we could put Andy and Mark in wigs and dresses and make it seem like we aren’t the only two there from the bridal party.

Delray, pause to imagine Mark in a dress . . .

68. Al Golden is me first just like the kids. And that’s why the kids are me first cause coaches are me first. They know the coach is looking after #1 at all times. So they look after #1 at all times.

this doesn’t go only for Al Golden. It’s the same for other college coaches as well. Team first til another team offers more money. Kids aren’t that dumb. They see it and act accordingly. NFL opportunity is there they jump at it. Now if they have a chance at winning a title they may delay it, but not a given since even coaches don’t delay just cause they are close to winning a title. $$$ still wins out almost every time.

easy to knock the kids but they are just a product of our society. its me first – instant gratification. the kids didn’t make it that way.

69. Ok, bachelorette party in Jupiter.

Fear the Tie is going to chauffeur.

70. este – good post

LyquidEnigma says:

So is no one going to suggest a hotel for me?? Help please? LOL

72. L.E.

I have stayed at both Westins in FLL as well as the Mayfair in Coconut grove.

Both fine for the weekend.

More to do around the Grove, so I would head towards there.

Hope that helps.

73. goldie is going to have to start winning games. omar spoke alot of truth when he was talking about the mis-use of players. goldie complaining about the players giving up 500 yards of offense in the 1st game, when it was his boys bs scheme that did the team in. You gotta do one or 2 things, if a coach believes the personel on defense is not up to task, you have to either either put heat on the qb and force him to make quick decisions or play press-man and force that same qb to have to force the ball into tight-er windows. You can’t just continue to sit back and let teams throw wide receiver screens and expect the linebackers to run those plays down all game, than they come back with runs up the gut and counters and expect linebackers who are dog tired by now to keep taking on 300 pound fresh o-linemen in the same offensive series, you’ll get torched all game long.

Have defensive ends standing up 2 out of 3 defensive plays stunts their pass rushing growth. I said it along time ago, why in the hell would olivier stay to play in that dumb azz defensive scheme, who’s draft stock was going to improve on the defensive side of the ball with one more year. forston is not te type of defensive tackle to play that technique jethro was teaching, so his draft stock would not have improved, he fits the mold of the old dt’s we’re use, and that’s getting up field, when he was healthy and hungry he did that.

All this moving d-line guys to offense, that’s a bill parcells philosophy and his way of feeling like he’s tuff-nin up the offense from a mental standpoint, of course guys are going to be pissed off. Why is luther robinson being asked to move to the o-line, jeremy lewis, o-line, dyron dye, to offense, perry to offense than we turn round and here, we don’t have proper deptth. barton off the team, ok, than on a real serious side, i don’t want to hear excuses about you having to suspend guys and if they cheifin a lil bit, “SO WHAT” is this now going to be another excuse for not winning, guys on football teams are doing that all over the country, the difference is, how the headcoaches are handling it.

I don’t give a damyum if the whole team smokes, goldie trying to dumb it down and make it seem like it’s something simple that they’re asking the players to do, it’s bigger than that. He’s trying to make it seem like everybody is going to be perfect and do the right things all the time, if he thinks that’s what it takes to win a championship he’s the one who’ll be in for a rude awakening, everybody not gone give a phuck about the rules, always going to be that percentage of players, but to make a big deal out of it is what i got a problem with. he talking bout they roling their eyes, come on goldie, you better than that.

Just handle the situation better cause if something like that is getting to you, you in the wrong state.

LyquidEnigma says:

Thanx C1 I appreciate that.

75. LE, here are more suggestions if you want to be in FLL instead of Miami. Las Olas/Riverfront has a ton of restaurants and places to go.

The Riverside Hotel is really nice, UM has a lot of events there and there is a Cheesecake Factory adjacent. The W on FLL beach is super nice too. I went to a wedding there last summer.

Never stayed in either though.

LyquidEnigma says:

Thanx JSQ.

77. I belong to this listserve in Palm Beach that helps you find stuff like pet sitters, handymen, etc.

This week’s installment is HILARIOUS, though.

– – – – – – – – – – –

Looking for a Personal Assistant to Help Run My Busy Life
    From Karin Taylor: REPLY
    I am seeking a personal assistant who can handle a busy household, is polished & professional, and a whiz on the computer (Windows). Must have at least 3 years previous experience, be flexible & can travel. Our family in located in Palm Beach Gardens but we are willing to relocate the perfect candidate. Do you know anyone? Does your assistant know anyone? Salary is $85K + benefits.*

Parisian Vacation Rental
    From Diana Villabon-Perez: REPLY
    I am planning a family vacation to Paris for next summer and need an apartment for two to three weeks for our family of four. If you own an apartment you would like to rent or know where I can search for one, please reply above. I’m already looking into vrbo.com and airbnb.com. Thanks!

A Nose for Clothes
    From Karin Taylor: REPLY
    I need a TRUE laundress 4 days per week. Must be great with a rotary iron, hand washables, hand ironing, know what gets dry cleaned and what cannot go in the dryer. They must have their own transportation and speak English fluently. We’re looking for someone who can work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, from 10-6.

Looking for a Private Raw Food Chef
    From Karin Taylor: REPLY
    We are looking for a kid friendly raw food chef to prepare breakfast, lunch and snacks in our home Tuesday-Thursday. We love Christopher’s Kitchen (sadly, Christopher is busy!) and I’m hoping we can find someone great for the next 4-6 months to get us (and our 5 kids) to a more varied and healthy diet. Thanks!

– – – – – – – – –

Wow.

78. raizecane – the way you described washing the house is the perfect way in my mind

I’d love to be able to do that with everything. The apartment, my car, the shower up at work, one of the fridges up at work that dumbasses constantly put some kind of open fish product in when a guest restaurant brings in some wild looking f*cking plate ornament of food, etc.

79. If you got nothing to do and want to laugh at two mofo’s who probably done got they azz kicked a few times, it does get funny though as you watching it, almost makes me want to pull this stunt off a few times:

clipper darrell was on the radio crying too. dude must have taken some acting classes recently.

UMomentum says:

I didn’t really intend to come off as bashing anyone. The concept of delayed gratification is applicable across the age spectrum. I am by no means an exception to that rule; I mean I feel like I just really grew up a few years ago and I’m dayum near 40. I do feel that haste makes waste though. I see more players putting the cart before the horse than I do coaches leaving for greener pastures.

I have personally taken the initiative to go back and mentor at my Alma Mater because I realize that I am part of the problem. I needed to go back and impart wisdom and not just complain about it. These kids do have a lot to deal with and I don’t see them as mature as we use to be at that time. But it is tiring to be a life counselor more than a ball coach and these guys have got to take responsibility for themselves. Many hurricane greats said it didn’t even matter who the coach was, they took ownership of their future and created there own circumstances to succeed from.

I just want to make it clear that there is a precedent of success here. There is a connection between what we give now and what we get then. Coach Golden does have a plan for the TEAM and a vision for each player. I just want these kids to make the connection. They are literally surrounded by success; it’s like the music is all around them but some of them are just not tuning in to the right frequency. This is the most important developmental time of their lives and their decisions will affect them forever. They should be soaking up all they can not running from it. I wish I had that opportunity, I can guarantee you that I wouldn’t leave early but that’s just me.

“Get It While You Can” – Howard Tate R.I.P.

82. says:
    March 6, 2012 at 4:28 PM

lol, what’s funny is, when he said he actually hasn’t had to pay for his season tickets and they took care of em. The funny thing to me is just seeing the clippers trying to get all brand new with the man since they got some pieces now that they can market. They basically telling that man they don’t need his clown act no mo, they got blake griffin & Co. to represent now, go and sit yo azz down like a regular fan. The whole thing is funny to me!

#78 has a baby on the way too! HA!

84. Bg, I saw that one coming – that boy is girl crazy!

WTF are these guys/girls thinking?!

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

Looks like (SOME) Dolphin fans are halfway to their dream…

86. I’ll have to keep my eye out bc if he comes down here, season tickets are going to sky rocket.

Come on down, Peyton, and bring Reggie!!!!

Six,

I heard that, on the co-worker/lunch/refrigerator thing….
    You outta see/smell some of the things inside of our co. fridge. Then people have got the nerve to leave the stuff in there for months, and the instant someone takes the initiative to throw the stuff out….the person wants to act like it was some fine delicacy, they were aging on purpose.

Screwballs.

Isn’t #78 Big Bunche??

He’s from DE. It ain’t his fault….Flinging DNA, and creating life is kinda what we do. We just aren’t that good at much anything else.

88. Jermaine Johnson, Sh!thead.

Ok….I see that 78 is JJ.

SHAME on him, for having secks with all those pretty thangs, down in SoFla!!!

90. Bunche is 79.

91. No shame, just WRAP IT UP!

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

No shame, just WRAP IT UP!
    //////////////////////////////////

BLASPHEMY……NEVER!!!!

93. Apparently this is something athletes only learn after they have 4 different baby mommas and drive a Kia after spending nearly a decade in the NFL, amongst other lucrative jobs.

94. ^

I was referring to wrapping it up, not ceasing to ho around.

Once an athlete, always an athlete.

Sluts gonna slut.

Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:

If not for tramps, there’d damn sure be a lot more rapists, and serial killers in the world.

Everybody’s got a function on this earth. Circle of life Simba….Circle of life.

96. In other news:

I signed and authorized the serving of my first federal court pleading today.

Instead of my bosses’ (30+ years as attorneys) names,

BOOM!

Me :-D

97. Sh!thead, you don’t hear me hating.

Personally, I like waking up to “those kind” of picture texts.

Slut on, athletes, slut on.

Word to da bird….

I ain’t accusing nobody of hatin’. Just lettin it be known for those who like to downtrod loose chicks. As long as she keeps it clean…..hey, do work.
    Like I said….We need those Break Glass In Case of an Emergency women out there. It keeps that many more guys from going out there and taking it.

99. Sh!tHead McGillicutty says:
    March 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Everybody’s got a function on this earth. Circle of life Simba….Circle of life.

This is exactly why i directed this guy to a certain spot the other day, the way this mofo keeps asking me to hook him up with women is pathetic, and he’s a tow truck driver, them be the main ones, so i felt i was my duty to send him there. Ran into em today, that mofo complaining bout the prices. Before that, i gave em the number, he getting mad cause a guy keeps asnwering the phone, he wanted me to give em the phone number/s straight to the girls, lol. You get to pick who you want online, i kept trying to explain to this dumb mofo, you think they stupid enuff to give out they’re number so you can be calling them all day.

Guys like him concern me, cause you can’t hook em up with nobody you know cause they might have to cut em or cut me for sending em they way.

100. I’m talking about loose men, Sh!thead, but yeah, same principle.

101. bg1906 says:
    March 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    Haven’t seen this one b4

///////////////////////////////////

Hell, after seeing this, i’m turning pro my got dayum self, phuck this shat!

Silly Jello….

Loose MEN aren’t whores…..Only loose wom—.

Thought you had me didn’t you??

Cal,
    You did right fam-a-lam. That dude sounds like he was ready to Richard Ramirez sumthin up, real nice. You sir, deserve an award or a trophy, at least. That was much more condusive to your community, than getting some stupid cat down, from some stupid tree.

103. Too hate, Sh!thead, you already have a four-inch heel imprint in your . . .

Nevermind, you are too handsome. Hard to stay mad at you.

That’s probably why you have all them damn kids.

104. The office cleaning lady just looked at me with pity in her eyes.

Time to go home.

Sh!thead, try not to knock anyone up while I am away.

105. The only tackling video they need at UM:

If they want to use these 2 right here for back up i would advise that:

You got me Jello,

I’ll keep it zipped….Until you get in your driveway, at least.

March 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    March 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    Haven’t seen this one b4

///////////////////////////////////

Hell, after seeing this, i’m turning pro my got dayum self, phuck this shat!

^^^^^

Rofl @ u dawg…

U a fool…

Btw what if the target is moving!????

Uchamps says:

Porter (6-1, 312) said defensive line coach Jethro Franklin has him learning the three technique at defensive tackle this spring, something Porter considers a challenge because he’s only played nose guard (one technique) most of his career.

“Having short arms is the challenge,” Porter said. “I’m very strong, compact. But guys that I go against are usually taller and have longer arms. I got to find ways to beat them because there are always hands in my face and I can’t get to them. It’s a mission right now. I just have to find ways to beat these guys with long arms. I’m beating them off the ball with my quickness and explosiveness, but I need to engage them and beat them there also.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2012/03/chickillo-leaning-on-spence-for-leadership-advice.html#storylink=cpy
    —————–

Oh lawd!!! Cal!!!!!

—————–

Oh lawd!!! Cal!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^

Damn damn damn

110. Sorry, Sh!thead, was on the phone with Momma Jello.

I’m home.

You can get back to procreating now.

111. “Both Porter and Chickillo say redshirt freshman Junior Alexis (6-2, 280) might be the strongest defensive lineman on the team. “I’ve never seen a freshman throw up 32 reps on 225,” Porter said.”

A Frosh putting up 225 lbs. 32 times?

When I saw that Michigan Center, David Molk, put it up 41 times at the combine, I was just shaking my head at how freakish that is

Molk is a 6’2 290+ lb. 23 yr old 5th year Senior that was a 4 year starter, All-American

Junior Alexis put it up only 9 reps less than that guy and he’s a RSFrosh?

Freaky strength

Uchamps says:

Dude, My roomate for my Freshman yr in college was 225 pounds and could do 225 35 times. Fuqq everyone else THAT IS STRONG. Dude was a true monster, no p.e.d.s

113. Nashvillecane says:
    March 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    March 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    March 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    Haven’t seen this one b4

///////////////////////////////////

Hell, after seeing this, i’m turning pro my got dayum self, phuck this shat!

^^^^^

Rofl @ u dawg…

U a fool…

Btw what if the target is moving!????
    ///////////////////////////////////

LOL, the one thing you saw, those 2 coaches were real confident in explaining tackling in the gym, come a real game, those 2 bozo’s like you said, and i’m thinking the same thing, that all looks good when nobody running. And why is it when p.w. starts talking, this mofo always trying to sound deep, all this “form ti fit talk” mofo just say what you got to say!

114. http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2012/03/chickillo-leaning-on-spence-for-leadership-advice.html
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know he’s well liked but Spence never came across as THE leader on the team. I would say J12 held more on his shoulders than Spence ever did.

115. Uchamps says:
    March 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM

—————–

Oh lawd!!! Cal!!!!!

Man when i read this yesterday i’m thinking, and they wonder why forston rolled out. How are we going to get pressure on the qb with the d-line playing like this, we go from getting an o-line coach back that at least we know is battle tested to now going the soft d-line route, this is why i wasn’t sold on these west coast mentality guys coming to UM. Than to hear them keep refering to Muhammad wilkerson, like he’s some kind of bench mark, or chris canty, these are mediocre/maybe 2deep bench players from the standard most of us know about.

With all the great d-tackles that have come thru here, wilkerson’s name should never be mentioned in Miami, who cares. We’ll see how the d-line looks this year, since they basically got all they’re players except 2 on the d-line now. Althoug hsomehow i do think shayon green if healthy will start wrecking havoc, i never thought he’d be a linebacker here. Coach barrow i got confidence in his ability to teach the linebackers, those guys are going to start making more plays, dzp leading the way, anybody esle that wants to come up to his level feel free.

116. CK says:
    March 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

spence got it done and you already know, the baller’s often are looked up too. Many players came to spence, even forston, when he came to spence saying he felt like he cheated the team, spence said hell, tell the team that, not me. He’s not that loud leader we’re use to seeing, but believe you me, everywhere spence has played, from optimist on up, guys try and follow him, even at the senior bowl.

117. It also makes sense that he would go to Spence because Spence was the leader of the defense – if not the team – and that is the role being thrusted upon Jr.

118. And reading that article just makes me think that the jello shots need to be waaaaaaaaaaaay stronger next year.

Or perhaps we need to install that sprinkler system seen on the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial to trip up offenses?

119. For me, the leader of a team is the heart and soul, and Spence, although a good player, didn’t fit that bill. Too many others would have to get up and talk (JoJo, J12, etc.). Yes, he was more mature than most of our players, but that doesn’t necessarily make him a great leader.

To me, leaders just have the it factor. They don’t have to be all in your face like Ray Lewis and Drew Brees (i.e. Peyton, Elway, Rodgers, etc.) but in the pressure moments they just TAKE OVER the team. They open their mouths and absolutely no one would dare to think different. Or they just have a look in their face and everyone in the huddle KNOWS they’re about to win. Spence never displayed that second level; therefore to me, he wasn’t a great leader.

He never had this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_f1GzmwHo

120. Hell, listen to Michael Irvin speak in that Canes All-Access vid. Spence doesn’t have that IT.

121. CK,

122. ck, i’m with you on that. Spence doesn’t have that!

123. “Spence never displayed that second level; therefore to me, he wasn’t a great leader.”

That statement reminds me alot of Marino as well.

124. “And reading that article just makes me think that the jello shots need to be waaaaaaaaaaaay stronger next year.”

Delray makes not to buy stock in Gatorade….

125. like Calvin said, Spence went to the Sr bowl and immediately guys were following his lead and he was running things on that defense. you don’t go to an all star game full of guys who were their teams leaders and just start leading if you don’t have “it”. he’s not a rah rah guy, but guys get in line behind him. that’s a leader. shoot, Chick wouldn’t be turning to Spence if he didn’t respect him as a leader. He’d turn to JoJo if he was the guy viewed by the players as the top leader on that defense. But he turned to Spence. that says something.

126. and Marino would eat a dude up on the sideline if he didn’t carry his weight. former dolphin WRs have said that in interviews. its not by accident that guys had their best years while playing with him. Tony Martin got PAID cause Marino. not only great at what he did, but got the guys around him to do their best to try to keep up with him. Ferrell Edmunds got PAID due to Marino, too. Neither one was worth much else where.

127. and Miller got listed in as a 1st rounder in a mock that previously he had been considered a 2nd rounder. stock is only going to continue to rise.

128. From Rivals…

Duron Carter

Duron’s problems continue since he left St Thomas Aquinas,. He exited Ohio St poorly (flunked out), landing at a JUCO to get hia academics in order. He then did a “do over” in recruiting, flirting with many teams, including the Canes. He signed with Alabama.

Last year, he didn’t play a down for the Tide. This week, Saban suspended him from spring practice.

129. Agreed Este, he just isn’t a high energy leader, that’s all i was saying.

130. Chris Carter needs to get his son’s mind right. Learning the hard way.

and yeah Spence isn’t that type of leader. Team needed 1 to go with the lead by example types.

131. Spence couldn’t get A LOT of young guys to follow his lead (see the roster) whereas Ray Lewis COMMANDS the majority of his teammates. I recon if Ray Lewis walked up to Ray Rice right now and told him “Do some gassers for me b/c ur performance at practice today was sh*t”, Ray Rice would immediately respond “How many?”.

Big difference between a guy everyone respects and a bonafide leader.

132. Ray Lewis, the leader of today isn’t the same as Ray Lewis the leader when he was at UM. can’t forget that. comparing 10+ year vet Ray Lewis’s leadership ability to Spence’s isn’t fair to Spence or any other college player. Shoot, Ray Lewis is one of the top leaders in the NFL. Compare him to Urlacher and Urlacher looks deficient. Compare him to most guys and those guys looks bad in comparison. He’s an all time great for a reason.

BoriCane says:

CK
    March 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM

He never had this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_f1GzmwHo
    —————————————————————————————————

It is what it is, best defensive player period. Leader? I never like it when somebody says “I lead by example” Talking is part of that second level and it is extremely important cause your teammates need to hear the passion and opposing players need to feel it too.

134. Esteban says:
    March 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM

ROFL, not ferrel edmunds, now that’s a name i haven’t heard in a long time but you gotz to be from the crib to know that name!

Leaders are OK….Winners are more respected.

This is why my beloved Dan Marino (while possibly the greatest passer ever) is not thought of as the greatest QB of all-time.

Whether you hoop & holler, or FO about business quietly….You have to win, and win in the biggest games.

136. Ok, let’s see if this works, spence was has been one of the main leaders of every teams he’s been one, and last year, between him and jojo, hell, you got all kinds of leaders ona football team. When randy phillips was here, guys always looked up to him for guidance, most people would never know that.

I already miss my main man regis, he’s one of them mofo’s that’ll have me laughing all day, but i can’t forget when Uchamps posted that interview up and said “regis is dumb as a box of rocks” ROFL, dawg, every time i rewind that video in my head, man, come on, who let that happen, lol.

137. The start of this whole conversation reeks with negative conotations towards spence. If you want more out of spence, you trippin, that man has always been the way he is, respect that. I’m esteban already pointed it out about ray lewis, people always get it confused, ray was not that dominant when he played at UM, his best football was ahead of him. In fact, shannon a crew had to constantlywork with ray, he had the right mind-set, but didn’t develop the football knowledge to go with that mindset until after he graduated. There is a reason you don’t see to many college highlights of ray lewis and you don’t see he with college awards to prove that, hell, barrow was up for the heisman when he played at UM.

Several linebackers have had way more productive UM careers than ray, he wasn’t the best linebacker to play at UM while at UM, he’d be top 8, somewhere in there probably.

138. BoriCane
    March 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS!!!

139. No one is saying Ray Lewis was the greatest college linebacker of all time. Nor is anyone refuting the production Spence put on the field.

All I’m saying is that Spence does NOT belong in the conversation of great leaders at UM. Plain and simple. In fact, I fully expect Chick to be a greater leader than Spence and I don’t really expect much outta the kid in that department.

who belongs in the conversation of great leaders while at UM?

no jimmie guys allowed since for most people that will be based off The U movie and not remembering for themselves what type of leaders guys were while at UM.

I’ll give the obvious one of Ed Reed.

142. I agree with CK.

Spence always said he tries to lead by example and he Is not that vocal type.

If you are not a vocal leader then u aren’t a leader at all. Thats a cop out.

It Is what It is.

We havent had a leader on this team in a looooong time and it showed.

I’ll give less obvious ones in Al Blades and Nate Webster – types of leaders that wouldn’t be allowed anymore due to them being wild ones.

BoriCane says:

Esteban
    March 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM
    who belongs in the conversation of great leaders while at UM?

————————————————————————————————

Este!! Not fair cause I’ll take Melvin Bratton, Jerome Brown and the playmaker any day of the week!!

bg and JSQ – You seen the March Madness tourney Grantland is doing with Wire characters?

Bori, you and everyone else – even those who weren’t alive in the 80s.

147. I think some people are getting people who like to yell a lot in certain situations different than what a leader is

You can be both and you can be neither, if you know what I mean

Also, M.Wilkerson was better in his situation with Temple than a whole hell of a lot of Cane DL since Vince Wilfork. Hard to compare with the different defenses and it’s not like the Canes have had a decent DLman in a long time

148. Esteban says:
    March 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

rofl, that troll does not want to be around a team she feared as well, lol. AL BLADES, had no fear, i still laugh at when he swung on alex brown before the peach bowl, that man had blue eye for the the game!

149. The Wire?!

Bodie?! [JSQ wipes drool]

Where, when, how?

I need details, Shwarma! :-)

150. Bodie beat Marlo!

My boy!

Can’t stand Marlo! Blech!

JSQ – I actually thought Kima might have had a shot in the upset bid in the prior round. Bubbles getting the upset was not a surprise. Would have gone Levy over Wallace. That kid was too soft and Levy wouldn’t mess around.

Also, JSQ have to read back on some of the past articles with the pool, as they actually got Obama to comment. Said Omar was his favorite Wire character (I think he takes the whole thing).

153. new blog up