University of Miami Hosts NFL Pro Day Thursday

In the midst of Coach Al Golden’s comments on WQAM about the players who left the team early for the NFL and the subsequent pot-stirring from Omar “I badmouth every UM football coach” Kelly, the University of Miami will host its annual NFL Pro Day on Thursday, March 7 beginning at 10am.

Whatever your thoughts on the matter, whether you think that Golden’s comments about these players are justified or you think that we can’t judge a young man for leaving his team to go make money for himself and his family, it is undeniable that the University of Miami’s legacy of producing NFL talent is sometimes both a blessing and a curse.  Namely, while it attracts talent to Coral Gables, perhaps it is also responsible for attracting the sort of talent that is not in it for the long haul with the ‘Canes.

Nonetheless, our boys will be showcasing their talent tomorrow and we need to wish them the best in their future endeavors.  NFL Pro Day gives these players an opportunity to complete drills and show off their talents to NFL and CFL scouts, similar to the NFL Combine two weeks ago.

The following players are participating from the University of Miami:

Andrew Smith

Sean Spence

Tommy Streeter

Olivier Vernon

Brandon Washington

Mike Williams

For updates on performances throughout the day tomorrow, please be sure to check out www.HurricaneSports.com, @HurricaneSports on Twitter, and last but not least, the comments below this article.

shwarma5
    March 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    JSQ – I actually thought Kima might have had a shot in the upset bid in the prior round. Bubbles getting the upset was not a surprise. Would have gone Levy over Wallace. That kid was too soft and Levy wouldn’t mess around.

shwarma5
    March 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    Also, JSQ have to read back on some of the past articles with the pool, as they actually got Obama to comment. Said Omar was his favorite Wire character (I think he takes the whole thing).

2. Nice first, Shwarma!

Orange or green?

I thought Obama made that comment prior to the first election?

I prefer Wallace over Levy myself but I watch The Wire for entertainment, not to see the same type of people I see 60+ hours a week! ;-)

3. I also think Omar takes the whole thing.

For everyone’s entertainment, an assortment of Omar-isms:

“The Wire: All Prologue (#2.6)” (2003)
    Omar Little: That wasn’t no attempt murder.
    Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: What was it, Mr. Little?
    Omar Little: I shot the boy Mike-Mike in his hind parts, that all.
    [Jury laughs]
    Omar Little: Fixed it up so he couldn’t sit right.
    [Judge chuckles]
    Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: Why’d you shoot Mike-Mike in his, um, hind parts, Mr. Little?
    Omar Little: Let’s say we had a disagreement.
    Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: A disagreement over?
    Omar Little: Well, you see, Mike-Mike thought he should keep that cocaine he was slingin’ and the money he was makin’ from slingin’ it. I thought otherwise.

Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: Why should we believe your testimony then? Why believe anything you say?
    Omar Little: That’s up to y’all, really.

Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off the culture of drugs…
    Omar Little: Just like you, man.
    Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: Excuse me? What?
    Omar Little: I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It’s all in the game though, right?

Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: You are amoral, are you not? You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off…
    Omar: Just like you, man.
    Maurice ‘Maury’ Levy: …the culture of drugs. Excuse me? What?
    Omar: I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase. It’s all in the game though, right?

State’s Atty. Ilene Nathan: And what is your occupation?
    Omar Little: Occupation?
    State’s Atty. Ilene Nathan: What exactly do you do for a living, Mr. Little?
    Omar Little: I rip and run.
    State’s Atty. Ilene Nathan: You?
    Omar Little: I robs drug dealers!
    [Jury laughs]

State’s Atty. Ilene Nathan: Mr. Little, how does a man rob drug dealers for eight or nine years and live to tell about it?
    Omar: [slight pause, slight shrug] Day at a time, I s’pose.

——————————————————————————–

“The Wire: Hot Shots (#2.3)” (2003)
    Omar Little: Look, Dante, what’s it gonna take for you to be convinced, man? I don’t bag no babies.
    [pauses]
    Omar Little: Huh?
    Dante: What you think?
    [Omar and Dante start making out]
    Dante: You gonna have to do better than that.
    Omar Little: Oh, indeed.

——————————————————————————–

“The Wire: Lessons (#1.8)” (2002)
    Omar Little: Lesson here, ‘Bey: You come at the king, you best not miss…

——————————————————————————–

“The Wire: That’s Got His Own (#4.12)” (2006)
    Butchie: It ain’t like you to work with strangers.
    Omar Little: I’m celebrating diversity.

——————————————————————————–

“The Wire: Home Rooms (#4.3)” (2006)
    Omar: It ain’t what you takin’, it’s who you takin’ from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

——————————————————————————–

“The Wire: Slapstick (#3.9)” (2004)
    Omar Little: I damn near got that woman killed, yo. Y’all should’ve seen me in Sinai Hospital while they stitching her up, lying about why somebody wanna shoot me down the street. That woman think I work in a cafeteria.
    Kimmy: Cafeteria?
    Omar Little: At the airport, yeah.
    Kimmy: The airport? Why the airport?
    Omar Little: ‘Cause I know she ain’t gonna never go down there to go dining, that’s why! Hey, yo, Kimmy, this ain’t funny, yo! That woman raised me! And for as long as I been grown, once a month I been with her on a church Sunday, telling myself ain’t no need to worry, ’cause ain’t nobody in this city that lowdown to disrespect a Sunday morning!

——————————————————————————–

“The Wire: Homecoming (#3.6)” (2004)
    Omar Little: Shoot, the way y’all looking at things, ain’t no victim to even speak on.
    Det. William ‘Bunk’ Moreland: Bullshit, boy. No victim? I just came from Tosha’s people, remember? All this death, you don’t think it ripples out? You don’t even know what the fuck I’m talking about. I was a few years ahead of you at Edmondson, but I know you remember the neighborhood, how it was. We had some bad boys, for real. Wasn’t about guns so much as knowing what to do with your hands. Those boys could really rack. My father had me on the straight, but like any young man, I wanted to be hard too, so I’d turn up at all the house parties where the tough boys hung. Shit, they knew I wasn’t one of them. Them hard cases would come up to me and say, “Go home, schoolboy, you don’t belong here.” Didn’t realize at the time what they were doing for me. As rough as that neighborhood could be, we had us a community. Nobody, no victim, who didn’t matter. And now all we got is bodies, and predatory motherfuckers like you. And out where that girl fell, I saw kids acting like Omar, calling you by name, glorifying your ass. Makes me sick, motherfucker, how far we done fell.

——————————————————————————–

“The Wire: Middle Ground (#3.11)” (2004)
    [Omar and Brother Mouzone have Stringer cornered, their guns turned on him]
    Stringer Bell: I ain’t strapped. I ain’t involved, yo. I ain’t involved in none of that gangster bullshit.
    [both gunmen are silent, Stringer is breathing hard from running]
    Stringer Bell: What y’all niggers want, man? Huh? Money?
    [however, he just gets more silence]
    Stringer Bell: IS THAT IT? Cause if it is, I can be a better friend to y’all alive.
    Omar: You still don’t get it, do you? This ain’t about your money, bro. Your boy gave you up. That’s right. And we ain’t had to torture his ass neither!
    [Stringer is silent, realizing that Omar now knows he had his lover Brandon tortured and killed. He then looks to Brother Mouzone, and with him there - realizes he now knows he tried to have him killed, and that both men have come for retribution]
    Stringer Bell: [regrettably] Doesn’t seem like I could do anything to change y’all minds.
    [long silence]
    Stringer Bell: Well, get on with it, motherfu…
    [Omar and Mouzone shoot him to death]

——————————————————————————–

“The Wire: Refugees (#4.4)” (2006)
    Marlo Stanfield: That’s my money.
    Omar: Man, money ain’t got no owners, only spenders

4. For those of you who don’t know what we are talking about, it’s called The Wire, the best show ever made.

Welcome to 2002.

that’s a lot of guys that will be performing. all teams will be there so they can help themselves even if it means helping themselves become priority rookie free agents.

6. miles levine?

JSQ could be right on Obama. And I get you but Levy gets the W when it comes to the weak, and at the end of the day, that’s what Wallace was.

And Orange please

8. Orange it is.

I loved Wallace. What a sweet boy. Which doesn’t make sense bc of Bodie but whatever. I hated Bodie until Season 4. HATE! And then he grew on me.

Glad to see Wallace playing the QB on Friday Night Lights.

Another great show, but in different leagues.

9. I think Miles Levine was the dude Al Golden made a Jersey Shore reference in regards to at the 2011 Football Awards Banquet.

10. You guys ALL need to read that article – here’s an excerpt:

“Not really, because he was a stupid sonofabitch. What he failed to recognize — that any sane human being would — is that a stripper is always gonna be just nice enough to you to keep you coming back, but at the end of the day, she doesn’t give a fuck about you. You’re just a hard-on she rubs up on for money. That’s her job. And guess what? That’s the same goddamn way the San Diego Chargers and any other team feels about you. So the next time you want to get up and kick something, remember this: Your favorite team don’t give a fuck about you, so why the hell should you let them ruin your day? Or, more important, destroy a sacred bottle of bourbon?”

BoriCane says:

From that wonderful guy who took the OB from us…..

Per Steve Gorten Twittter:

#UM confirms Naples Daily News report that RB Darion Hall has left the program. Hall had been suspended indefinitely

Greentree says:

Dont let the door hit you on the way way out, Darion.

Greentree says:

Jacory actually looks like a college Qb in that pic. Not like the toothpick high school qb he use to look like. He must still be eating breakfast everyday.

15. Greentree, I was thinking the same thing when I saw that picture. Had to post it.

Greentree says:

I remember when he kept say he was just naturally skinny and wouldn’t gain any weight no matter how much he tried. Who would think working out and eating properly would change that. Add in reading (not skimming) the playbook and you have a decent season. Its like magic.

17. The office cleaning lady just told me to go home because she has to vacuum my office.

lol

18. Watch out for lee chambers at the UM pro-day!

Young boys at the court wore me out….
    My best response was, “Yeah….well wait till yall have real responsibilities, and kids, and start families. Yall won’t be running all over the place like this, I betchu!!”

Hurriphin
    March 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    Young boys at the court wore me out….

^^^^^^^

Soft tape

Michael Bradley says:

2013 TE Mike Heuerman’s recruiting is heating up, as I mentioned to you guys back in January.

He has UM really high on his list, had a conversation with him tonight.

He’s visiting LSU this weekend, but says UM is a contender for services till the end. More info is located on CaneInsider’s Premium Member Board.

No doubt Nash.

Old grey mare, she ain’t what she used to be….

Michael Bradley says:

Another name to remember is 2013 DE Monsignor Pace DE D’Angelo Reynolds. 6’5,230, 4.7/40. High 70’s Miami Nike Camp score.

Basketball offers from Murray State, Louisville, Vanderbilt, and Louisville.

Football recruiting heating up as well. Miami, Alabama, UNC, LSU, UCF, looking at him for football. Under the radar prospect at the moment, sure to get some attention down the road.

Michael Bradley says:

Louisville twice for emphasis!

25. Nashvillecane says:
    March 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    Hurriphin
    March 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    Young boys at the court wore me out….

^^^^^^^

Soft tape
    ////////////////////////

Man go sit yo old azz down somewhere, you know you at that age where you got to dribble the shot clock ot and slow the game down!

I’ve come to grips with the fact that I can’t keep pace with a gang of super-charged 16yr olds, anymore. I can barely rock my daughter to sleep. My fukkin underarms hurt.

22 footers for me….all dizz-ay.

Project X was wack

28. Esteban
    March 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    Miles Levine: http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/levine_miles00.html
    <<<<<<<<

dankeschön

29. baseball:
    miami beats miami (aka: florida beats ohio)
    with 3 run bottom of 9th: 4-3

30. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/um-hurricanes/os-aldarius-johnson-miami-pro-day-20120306,0,4964463.story

“I was surprised,” Johnson said of UM’s decision to allow him back for Pro Timing Day. “It was really a surprise to me that they said yes. So I was just like, ‘OK, now I have another chance.’ I was just looking at it like I got suspended for doing a boneheaded mistake, and I just thought they weren’t going to accept me in.”

“We can’t go back in time,” Golden said. “I would have loved to have coached him last year and be a part of this. It didn’t work out that way. But we don’t want to compound his problems by now saying, ‘OK, you don’t have a Pro Day to work out.’ Hopefully he’ll do well Thursday and he’ll have an opportunity to play in the NFL.”

31. Wait till they get a load of his 4.8 40 and his 15 second college highlight reel.

Sky is the limit for lazy face.

32. I just hope there are no reports of an unidentified Pro Day participant panhandling outside Greentree.

That would be embarrassing.

autumn
    March 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM
    March 7, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    <<<<<<<

lol

^^^^^^

Missed this link yesterday…

The Canes are not going to ruin my weekend again….

E V E R!!!!!!!

34. If the Canes losing doesn’t ATLEAST ruin your day, I am not sure what kind of fan you are.

I go all in. Only way I know.

Even tho the sting of losing has lost it’s bite over the years, it still fugs my day.

Get ur mind right.

#battered

March 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM

^^^^^^^^

I just knew when I looked for the creator of this vid I would see….

By…hoodsquach305

36. Steelers got 6 people at the pro day today. they must have their eyes on at least a few guys.

37. see Tommy Robinson and Butch Davis on the list of reps at the Pro Day too.

38. Futch with 13 reps lol

Spence didn’t even try,

Byrd with 15, JoJo as well. Figs had 32, Forston 26 and Ojomo had 23..

39. JSQ
    March 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM

That would be embarrassing.
    <<<<<<<<<<<

post of the day!

40. Grandpa Figs putting in work!

41. Bennie
    March 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    Futch with 13 reps lol

Spence didn’t even try,

Byrd with 15, JoJo as well. Figs had 32, Forston 26 and Ojomo had 23..
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

#Denttough

42. Aaaaaaaaand we have our first “pull up limp” of the day.

Congratulations Joel. That about sums ur career quite nicely.

Limp.

Who got next at this circus.

They needed to have a TD scored before Figs runs. He’s got the fastest first step to a TD celebration ever.

44. Este LMAO

Good point!!

45. Butch should be looking at one player and one player only – Spence

Bucs have holes to fill, but the cats listed above aren’t the best candidates by a long shot

46. Six,

I would add Bwash to that list. I think he will have a good career.

The rest of the clowns can EAD.

47. Canez1
    March 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM

#Denttough
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LMAO

48. Canez1 – I was thinking about BWash, but Bucs need more immediate help at DB, LB, WR, RB, TE … I would take him though, just not early

We’re going to have a “oh sh*t” pool going during the NFL Draft to see which of our NFL teams end up with what player listed above

“With the whatever pick, the Dolphins select … Jacory Harris”

(Phins fans in here): “oh sh*t”

“With the whatever pick, the Bucs select … Chase Ford”

(I go grab a chair and put it through the nearest window): “F******CCCKKK”

Este doesn’t have to worry about his team, the Pats have their sh*t straight when it comes to the draft

Maybe Jacory actually gets to learn something, by sitting behind Manning for a couple years….

——Watching a documentary on that ol Deborah LaFave chic.
    Women are at a disadvantage in many facets of life….But public sympathy ain’t one of em.
    The interviewer keeps bringing up the “Fact That She’s Beautiful”
    Well damnit I’m beautiful too, and if it was me and a little girl, I’d be in the electric chair. She killed it with the “I Was Raped and Mentally Traumatized” routine. She got house arrest.

And the victims cousin is also a b!tch-made azz kweer, for rolling over on his fam, about the situation.
    Momma won again.

Jets Draft Blunders

the ohhhh nooo at 40 sec its great

51. Esteban

Just found out I might be in ATL for a week doing depositions. If you are still up there when I am, we are going to the Brazillian steak house downtown.

52. Hurri – LaFave taught at that middle school just down the road from me, it’s over near USF

Think she’s pregnant now .. she got in trouble for talking about sex with some female co-worker while she had a quick job at some mom-n-pop restaurant I believe

She’s got those big crazy eyes

I’d smash her – but would never ever get into any kind of relationship with her that wasn’t just a “stick and move” type deal

53. Still pi$$ed that I didn’t get up to ATL MLK weekend.

Let this be a lesson to all of you:

4 inch heels + construction site = concussion

54. Anyone getting the new iPad? I think it’s time.

55. Chambers had the fastest 40?? lol

56. Chambers was a 100m State champ in H.S. he has never been slow. the reason they moved him to CB was because he could run.

57. Figured Lamar would’ve been quicker at least.

Six,
    I saw that. She was alright with me UNTIL she started trying to use the past as a crutch. I fully understand that her LAWYER & co. suggest that she used that deal….that’s their job, and we all know that lawyers ain’t sh!—-

That’s right….I ain’t scared of the chick who runs this joint….

But the case is over now. Come on and come clean with it. You were attracted to a young buck-a-roo, and you thought you were slick. Period. You did the interview to tell your side of the story, no? Stop the slapping of the faces of people who are really scarred from traumatic pasts.
    The Laterneu (spelling?) chick kept it a hunnit….She popped the boy, knew it was wrong, got clinked for it, got out, still wanted to see him, popped him again ANYWAYS, had his baby, did a seven year joint, and STILL waited till he was legal, so she could get him again.

Homegirl wasn’t playin.

Let this be a lesson to all of you:

4 inch heels + construction site = concussion

^^^^^^^^

Soft tape…

:-)

60. JSQ – just wait, next year will be something even better … maybe even before then

Everyone with an IPad, IPhone (whatever the f*ck number they’re up to now), etc. … I’ll try and tell you where I’ll be establishing the Resistance, b/c we’re in the infant stages of the machines taking over when Apple shows its true colors of being Skynet

I’ll be a version of John Connor – and not the phaggy Edward Furlong or Nick Stahl version of John Connor. I’m talkin the Christian Bale, crazy as hell like to yell at my lightning director version of John Connor

61. Six, this is what I am worried about: http://www.tecca.com/news/2012/03/07/apples-new-ipad-can-max-out-your-data-plan-in-10-minutes/

If it maxes out my data plan then I might have to pay part of my phone bill and F THAT! – That’s my firm’s job.

The reason I need one isn’t for a toy.

My bosses keep me trapped in their offices for HOURS piling me up with work and while I am up there they get calls or I otherwise have downtime where I could be billing, which is want I want to be doing.

Right now when I have down time I pull out my iphone and post stuff about Grandpa Figs putting in work.

Not so productive. Need to be able to start taking care of the ish they tell me to do while I am being held captive.

My boss/junior partner does that when we are trapped in a meeting with the senior partner so she is my inspiration and I am her protege. If she says I need one, I do, but I don’t want to pay for that data usage.

62. Just read the rest of your post Six.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

That’s what they are!

LMAO!

[cues Terminator theme: duh-duh duh-duh duh-duh]

I’ll be back.

63. Nash, I billed 243 hours that month, with a concussion.

Black jersey for me! :-)

64. I know J and WisconsinCane aren’t here to back me up right now, but that is a jaw-dropping amount.

65. Hurri – here ya go

I’m still a big fan of Pamela Rogers

Her cell phone video that she sent to the 13 year old kid is nice

Just YouTube “Pamela Rogers Video”

She’s crazy as hell … but, probably fun

Technology is a trip Six and Jello.

Ask yourself honestly….When’s the last time you actually GOT UP and turned the tv channels, ON THE CABLE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX….

Spooky concept right? You’d rather search the 7th dimension of hell for the remote, before you did that.

67. JSQ – couple of our reporters and producers use their IPads constantly, also some of the anchors use them for the shows instead of actual paper scripts

I dunno if they’ll be able to convince the station to get them the new IPads or not

I had no idea about the data plans. Screw that if your work isn’t paying for it – and wonder if there’s a way for them to reimburse if work related .. but then, there’s the ordeal of trying to determine what is and isn’t work related

The company phones at our station, they had to send out an email about people abusing the hell out of them to do stupid crap

68. Hurri, a couple of weeks ago Sebastian knocked the remote off the bed and it went underneath the bed, in the middle.

Picture me on the floor squirming my way under a king size bed reaching for the remote, while Sebastian licked my toes.

F’ing cleaning lady needs to clean under there more often. Fur bunnies everywhere! Had to change into some new ‘Canes jammies.

69. Sounds crazy but, I haven’t had cable since 1997 .. never have had satellite

I have rabbit ears, if I ever wanted to watch anything that wasn’t on cable/satellite at home – but that would be the absolute last resort, meaning my internet was down and I had to stay home

That’s right.

Working at a tv station for around 10 hours a day will allow you to be like that

70. Six, I only get $100 a month for my phone and internet stipend until I make partner.

Why don’t you guys (1) throw a bunch of clients my way; and (2) get a Delorian so we can speed over the next two years; and then I will be able to not have to pay for the data charges on the new iPad!

;-)

I know, I’m cheap, but it’s the principle.

March 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM

^^^^

Grinding

Goldie ain’t got ish on u

72. Go Canes! See you soon! Love you!

73. Some of these pro day numbers tell you EVERYTHING about why we got our asses kicked. Talented yes, Hard Workers, ABSOLUTELY NOT! PITIFUL WEIGHT ROOM NUMBERS. 4 Year Seniors only 10 reps and Futch should be ashamed with only 13. Nate Gholston NEVER played and did 18! Tyler Horn 19 Reps for an OL. Now we now we he got his ASS kicked vs Ohio State in 2010. I right now AFTER I do my bench workout can do 19 reps of 225. These guys are FRESH! All I can say is DAMN RANDY and DAMN GUYS! Golden is a God Send!

Six are you dead-azz…..?

I’m probably the poorest person in this piece, but I couldn’t stand to not have at least basic cable for but so long.
    That is of course, if I can afford it. If someone can’t, then they just can’t…..I can understand and relate. But cable tv is one of the few things that keep me from strangling my kids. I almost have to have it.

Picture me on the floor squirming my way under a king size bed reaching for the remote, while Sebastian licked my toes……
    ////////////////////////
    Ooooooooooookay….But remember that you said so….

Momma Jello is gone, right?

You ain’t lying Bg….

OSU ain’t the only guys who’ve sonned us around over the last several, either. I’ll never forget when we got that weak-azz win over UCF back in 08′. The UCF players were stuntin on our guys on the sideline, like WE were the program with zero tradition, prestige, or championships. The boy Joe Burnette was the first guy I ever saw throw up the double middle-finger “U.” He stood up on the bench and dropped right on our fans.
    I remember one of the FAMU kids picked off Jacory in 09′ and ran right up to one of our coaches and put the U in his face.

FAMU!!

THE RATTLERS!!

I know that doesnt directly relate to our actually strength or anything, but it speaks volumes about the level of fear or intimidation or any aura that our FB team carries these days.

UMomentum says:

Hurriphin
    March 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    ////////////////////////
    Ooooooooooookay….But remember that you said so….

Momma Jello is gone, right?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Heeeeey Hold up, Dammitt I’m at work.

UMomentum says:

Hurri said
    “This football program as a whole has been the pits. C1 might be harsh in his critique, but he aint Josh’n when he calls this team a gaggle of puzzies.
    OSU ain’t the only guys who’ve sonned us around over the last several, either.”

I watched the 2011 OSU game last night; I still don’t know what the hell Marcus Forston was doing out there. There was some scary stuff going on the LOS. There is no way I would draft 95% of these guys.

Even so, I really wish these guys the best of luck. I hope they used all they have learned both academically and athletically to be successful in their future endeavors.

79. UMomentum says:
    March 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I’m going to give you the simple answer, nash, esteban & Uchamps might chime in on this one, but here’s a hint:
    petri……..jethro

Video footage:
    2010 game

2011

And than this:

80. He better have had an excuse!

– As for his 12 reps on the bench at the combine, Spence said he was limited because of injury.

“In the Senior Bowl I had a deep bone bruise (in the shoulder),” Spence said. “I wanted to show the scouts I wasn’t scared to compete. I pushed out 12, but I know I can get more. As soon as I get healthy I’ll do it again, videotape it and show whoever wants to see it.”

still going to have like 9 dudes drafted and another 9 who sign as rookie free agents. could have a dozen dudes on NFL rosters after the final cuts. if nothing else more people for procanes to follow.

82. My hometown Hamilton Tiger-Cats (CFL) had two guys @ the UM Pro Day today including former FSU QB Danny McManus.

This isn’t a knock on Jacory but I’ve always thought he’d thrive in the CFL game. It’s a passing league. Everyone’s offence is set up similar to Mike Leache’s.

J12 had great success at the West when he was in a spread offence with 5 wideouts.

I’m just sayin’.

83. Este u are out of ur mind if u think we have 9 dudes drafted.

Out. of. it.

Be lucky if 5 or 6 guys max on a roster by the end of the year and that might be pushing it.

1.benjamin
    2.miller
    3.streeter
    4.washington
    5.vernon
    6.forston
    7.chase
    8.regis
    9.spence

Those are the 9 I’m banking on.

March 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    UMomentum says:
    March 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

petri……..jethro

Video footage:
    2010 game

2011

And than this:

Uchamps
    March 6, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    Porter (6-1, 312) said defensive line coach Jethro Franklin has him learning the three technique at defensive tackle this spring, something Porter considers a challenge because he’s only played nose guard (one technique) most of his career.

“Having short arms is the challenge,” Porter said. “I’m very strong, compact. But guys that I go against are usually taller and have longer arms. I got to find ways to beat them because there are always hands in my face and I can’t get to them. It’s a mission right now. I just have to find ways to beat these guys with long arms. I’m beating them off the ball with my quickness and explosiveness, but I need to engage them and beat them there also.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2012/03/chickillo-leaning-on-spence-for-leadership-advice.html#storylink=cpy
    —————–

Says it alot IMO

86. 4-5 of those guys get drafted.

Game tape is going to save none of them.

Teams will learn real quick what they r made of.

Bwash will have the most productive career out of them all.

87. Glue shoes was just seen at greentree finishing up his 40.

He should be done soon.

Golf clap to u young man.

C1 I agree with ya

#gametapedontlie

89. I interviewed a croc/Cane today.

You know, Floriduh for undergrad, UM for law school.

I’m pretty sure I scared the kid, but at least he went away understanding that beating a team once in 30 years = not something to brag about. . .

. . . or at least not when you are on an interview with someone whose office has:

-two UM degrees on her wall;
    – Jeremy Shockey, Ed Reed, Orange Bowl and autographed Jimmy Graham plaques;
    – Jonathan Vilma ‘Canes breakfast cereal displayed on a floating shelf next to a football;
    – UM Helmet pen/pencil holder;
    – UM business card holder;
    – UM wooden changeable desk calendar with pens;
    – football shaped shelf with []_[] logo displaying: (1) Two UM-colored pom poms, (2) a stuffed Sebastian the Ibis, (3) a []_[] logo cookie preserved in celophane, and (4) a picture of me in the Orange Bowl at the last event (the flag football game against the former fins);
    – A helmet autographed by 1/3 of the 2011 team;
    – a picture of Sebastian the Ibis and me throwing up the []_[], framed;
    – pictures of Sebastian the Puppy wearing his UM sweater at the tender age of 10 weeks (gotta start ‘em young, raise ‘em right);
    – pictures of me throwing up the []_[] with various people: My mom, Erika, Jacory, Randy Shannon, Vinny Testaverde, Lamar Thomas, Steve Walsh
    – a poster on my door autographed by 1/3 of the 2011 team.

Yeah, good move bringing up the 2008 game buddy.

Your life is going to be SUPER fun this summer.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

UMomentum says:

26 UM players at Pro Day? And not 1 1st rounder? wtf?

Laron Byrd worked out with Reggie Wayne to prep for Pro Day?

Why don’t they work out like NFL players from day 1?

What’s the deal with Drew Rosenhaus and UM players?

Just thinking out loud

Damn Jello,

Give the guy his soul back.

2010 game tape says something different than 2011 game tap like Calvin showed.

9 draftees!! Mark it down.

93. Nash it is what it is.

Add on weak physical numbers to miserable careers and you would be a fool to draft them.

Would u??

The U mystique has slowly been eroding.

Este, Cal does a lot of drugs my man.

Aldarius Johnson’s highlight tape.

I could see TB3, Spence, B-Wash, LM6, Streeter, and Vernon being drafted. Not sure about the other 3. And the Fins better lock up Manning and not even think about bringing in JFavre, to hold a clipboard.

96. Hurriphin,

Croc fans don’t have souls.

Hurriphin
    March 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    Technology is a trip Six and Jello.

LMAO!!!! That is what kids are for, go change that channel!

I love my TV cable and my IPad! Six do you still get reception with the rabbit ears? I though all that changed with the digital thingy? I have a rabbit ear tv and when my cable went out due to my neighbor cutting the line during the NFL playoffs, I tried it and it did not work!

98. Rashad lmao. That’s def the only highlight reel for that dude. Imaginary.

Not having cable is about as fugged as digging a smart car.

Both extremely ghey.

Unless u work for a tv station that is ;-)

No excuse for that queermoblie tho…

LOL, C1, that’s the fastest SloMo4 will ever be..lol

100. I need a cot or a pull out couch or something in this bish . . .

All this work just to take 3 days off to go see Granny!

Greentree says:

Queermobile..lmfao

102. The Italian stallion, Miles Levine is our strongest linebacker.

The crown jewel of that 08 class.

Someone please tell me what has been going on with this program the last 5 yrs or so?

O wait, nevermind. Wr just needed a coordinator or two to fix this hoopty.

My bad.

9 drafted…

103. Wow what a second half!!!!

GO ‘CANES!!!!

It’s great to be a Miami Hurricane! :-D

Greentree says:

Wasn’t able to watch it but 36 pts in a game? Is GT that bad or was our D that good?

105. Esteban says:
    March 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    1.benjamin
    2.miller
    3.streeter
    4.washington
    5.vernon
    6.forston
    7.chase
    8.regis
    9.spence

Those are the 9 I’m banking on.

Mark this one down too, j12 will get drafted, out of all the qb’s in this years draft, not to many of them played in a pro-set. If you think this is insane thinking, you’re either a vampire or infactuated with t.j. yates qb’ing abilities, cause if that guy, along with kolb out in arizona, add mark sanchez, chad henne just to name a few, they’re in the nfl, none of them are better than j70

Greentree Gt is that bad.. that game had me worried til bout 8-10 min left in the second half. We better play wayyyy better against fsgay tom night if we want a chance

107. UM PRO DAY
    Olivier Vernon, Brandon Washington among Miami Hurricanes who impress at UM’s Pro Day

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/09/2683788/olivier-vernon-brandon-washington.html#storylink=cpy

108. http://blog.allcanes.com/canes-inch-closer-to-ncaa-berth

“. . . a downright dismal night for Georgia Tech, who finished with their lowest scoring game since a 38-36 loss to Auburn back on February 7th 1961.”

109. more pro-day info

. . . and i don’t even know when the draft is

Jacory Harris is noticeably bigger since his last snap as a Miami Hurricane. The quarterback said he is at around 203 pounds as of Thursday. That number is up from the end of his senior season when he weighed 192 pounds. “I’m at a good weight right now,” he said. “I feel comfortable, I feel good, and I feel strong.”

110. this would be groovy:

By Omar Kelly
    Sun Sentinel
    9:26 p.m. EST, March 7, 2012

Reggie Wayne thinks ending his career with the Miami Dolphins, winning a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning as his quarterback, would be a “story book ending.”

That’s what the soon-to-be free agent told WQAM’s (560-AM) The Michael Irvin Show on Wednesday, just minutes before Manning got released by the Indianapolis Colts.

As the Sun-Sentinel reported earlier Wednesday, Wayne is open to signing with the Dolphins, and views a receiver tandem that features him and Brandon Marshall as a force in the AFC East, if not the NFL, adding, “the league might not want that.”

“You don’t think [Peyton Manning] wants to prove people wrong,” Wayne told WQAM. “You don’t think he wants to go out there and show everyone he’s back, and what he can do. This dude is going to be ready. Trust me, he’s going to be more than ready. And he’s not going to have a problem adjusting to nobody’s scheme, and nobody’s roster. He’s going to fit in just like he’s been there.”

Wayne, a former Hurricanes standout who is a South Florida resident in the offseason, is optimistic he can do the same thing if the Dolphins make an offer, putting Manning’s old band back together in South Florida.

The Dolphins can begin courting Manning today because he’s been released by Indianapolis. But Miami can not contact Wayne, or his representatives, until March 13, when free agency officially opens at 4 p.m.

Wayne caught 75 passes for 950 yards and four touchdowns in 2011, and that was a down year for this three-time All-Pro selection, who didn’t have Manning throwing to him for the first time in 11 seasons.

“My phone is working. It’s definitely working. I got all my bars. Whenever that phone rings, trust me, I’ll answer,” Wayne said about his desire to sign with the Dolphins.

It’s likely that Wayne’s camp will seek a contract comparable to the three-years, $15 million deal his former UM teammate, Santana Moss, got from the Washington Redskins last year.

That deal included a $5 million signing bonus and $6 million in guarantees from the Redskins. The cap hit on that deal would be about $2.67 million in the first season.

Considering the Dolphins have approximately $15 million in cap space to work with – without restructuring contacts – it’s possible the Dolphins will need to get creative to create salary cap space for Manning and Wayne.

“I can see it, and I’m definitely not opposed to it,” Wayne said about teaming up with Manning in Miami. “He’s a great worker. I consider myself a great worker, and when you put great workers together good things happen. Me being in his trail to Miami, I would definitely love it! I’m totally available. My phone is working…I’m ready for anything that comes! I definitely see that in the mix.”

Stay tuned. The dominoes are starting to fall.

111. for calvin:

– Urban Meyer penned a letter of apology to Scarlet & Gay — Ohio State’s gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender alumni society — after the group learned that the Buckeyes had been making underperforming players wear lavender-mesh jerseys.

112. Bobby Bowden to return to Doak Campbell for opener

Posted by John Taylor on March 8, 2012, 1:38 PM EST

For the first time since he was unceremoniously shown the door following the 2009 season, Bobby Bowden will return to the dadgum field on which he transformed Florida State into a national football power and still bears his name.

In a release, Florida State announced that Bowden is one of seven former FSU athletes or coaches who will be inducted into the school’s Athletics Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony, which will include former FSU quarterback Danny Kanell, will take place Aug. 31.

The next day, the legendary coach will be in attendance at Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium as the Seminoles open the 2012 season against Murray State. Bowden’s name was added to the 60-year-old stadium in 2004 during the Year 29 of his 34-year run as FSU’s head coach.

As noted via Twitter by Ira Schoffel of the Tallahassee Democrat, putting Bowden into FSU’s Hall of Fame is something the school has wanted to do for the past two years. However, Schoffel wrote, Bowden “really didn’t want to do it and overshadow” his replacement, Jimbo Fisher, and the stamp he’s attempting to put on the program.

Of course, how Bowden was dumped and the very critical and unwarranted comments that led up to said dumping likely played a role in the coach not wanting to immediately embrace his former employer as well.

Regardless of the whys and hows of his departure, seeing Bowden on that field once again after nearly three years away will likely be one of the more emotional moments of the upcoming season.

Canes Outsider says:

Greentree says:
    March 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Wish I could say it was our great defense (although we did turn to a pressure defense once we got the lead, finally), but it was just that both teams were missing point blank shots.

autumn
    March 9, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    for calvin:

this is hilarious!!

i’m not sure what’s telling about that Streeter video.

Canes Outsider says:

canechic – LMAO!!!! That is what kids are for, go change that channel!

—-

The rabbit ears still work if you buy that converter box. Not worth it though, those converters ignore a channel unless they get 80% connection, so there is no adjusting the rabbit ears to get your channel.

Now the thing that I found funny was that kids won’t know that TVs used to have those big tubes, since they only see flat screen tvs anymore.

We still have the old style TV in one room, (hey it works, and nobody else wants it, so i get to watch the Godfather on there occassionally) so my kids know, but there are others that will think TVs were ALWAYS flat, that phones always had buttons, and that music and movies come in 8 inch packages.

C1 = Miles Levine = The Hebrew Heavylifter

How did the Rion Brown alley hoop dunk with .7 sec left on shot clock not make espn top ten? very disappointing

119. Shwarm I love it!

Kid is a badass.

no one told Orson Charles that you don’t get DUIs one month before the draft?

teams should be glad though. saves them from potentially over valuing him.

121. JSQ,

You’ve got mail.

CC,

I don’t think todays children have the mind capacity to even use the buttons on the box.
    In fact my box in the living room….I don’t even know if it has channel buttons. If it does….I’ve never pushed, or even seen them.

ChicagoCane says:

BG – I was just checking out some recruiting info on the 2013 class. Any info on Kevin Olsen? Cane lock or is it a tight race? Looks like he has a ton of offers and can pretty much go anywhere he wants. Also looks like he is going to take his time with the recruiting process.

March 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    The Italian stallion, Miles Levine is our strongest linebacker.

The crown jewel of that 08 class.

O wait, nevermind. Wr just needed a coordinator or two to fix this hoopty.

My bad.

9 drafted…

^^^^^^^

2 cords and a breakfast plan

125. What’s up Chicago? Smoke an good cigars lately?

126. Chicago, not BG, but I think we are in good shape with Olsen, this early in the game.

Anyone remember the big ass, brown, cable channel changing boxes with the cord?? and those loud ass buttons LOL

They made good weapons as well back in the day.

Ahhhh the days before remotes.

127. autumn says:
    March 9, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    for calvin:

That’s cause he’s gay, that’s why he wrote the apology, no surprise here, just another reason why i got more respect for tressel, he goes out like a soldier. You not gone find to many coaches who gone go all in for their players, that man said f those hypocrites, took the most of the heat and left it like that and made no apology for it. HE always recruited DADE County when he was at youngstown st.

128. I think 90% of the people behind the wheel on I-95 could make Forrest Gump look like a Rhodes Scholar.

2 lanes in Boca. Took me an hour and a half to get to work.

Where’s my damn coffee?

129. Nash my bad! Forgot about the Wheaties!! LOL

Scarlet and GHEY makes me laugh everytime.

Straight LULZY.

Anybody watch Survivor? The ghey dude on it is WAAAAY above and beyond allowable fem limits for a male OR female.

Even the girls are annoyed LOL That is when you know you have to turn that flame down a bit.

Kid needs to calm that corny ass act down before he catches that idol upside his coconut.

Love that show…

130. Nevermind, there was another one against FIU.

I need my cortadito before I attempt any legal analysis this morning.

Did they expect the Marlins to just buy out residents and bulldoze their houses….

132. Apparently, Shwarma.

I wish I could have gone Tuesday night. Seems like everyone was there.

Personally, I can’t wait to say “no blockie” and get an arepa from some random food stand.

Just like the old days.

I remember this one house that we parked at was hard to leave. They just kept pumping you (you, meaning 5 19 year old girls) with shots and greasy food. We would barely make it to E-4! :-)

133. Clearly this is going to be a SUPER productive day for me . . .

134. JSQ, Your task today is to find a picture of Carmella and add it to my article I sent you!

If you can’t find one I’m sure C1 has one or two.

135. Haven’t read it yet, who is Carmella?

136. Delray wipes the tears away as he realizes he takes a 4th seat behind parking at the Marlins Stadium, brunch at yardbirds and 20% of Lilly Pulitzer.

137. I am also paying Sallie Mae, Wells Fargo, bugging accounting about where my phone stipend is, and a coworker and I are IMing about our 4 mile race in the morning.

You will be attended to this afternoon, dear.

Now who is Carmella?

Soprano?

138. How about that, I already paid Sallie!

Jello shots for everybody!

You are moving up the list, Delray!

Something tells me its a Carmella who would have more likely resided in the Bada Bing vs. Casa Soprano

140. You running a 4 miler in the morning? Tomorrow?

I got a 4 miler tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to it.

141. Shwarma, think quarterbacks….

142. I love Carmella. So jealous of the Porsche Cayenne she gets in the last season.

She totally rubbed that ish in Jenny Sack’s face when she invited her to the spa day after Johnny got locked up too.

“Cayenne, like the pepper!”

143. never should have put another stadium at the OB’s spot if they weren’t going to add at least light rail to the stadium.

144. Awesome! Good luck. My goal is to finish only 30 minutes behind Mrs. Delray as she beet me by an hour last time.

145. Haha, yeah, I hear you, I am just getting back into running. Everyone here runs marathons and my last one was in law school. Need to get with the program. Good luck!!!

146. Carmella is Jeff garcia’s wife. Ms. April 2003

147. Missy’s wedding has been pushed back.

I’LL BE AT NC STATE!!!!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!

148. Yeah I’m not posting that, Delray, but good try! :-)

149. If fact, just for that, I’m going to see if there are any shirtless Shockey pictures I can throw in there! ;-)

150. Yes, but he threw a 106 yard interception

151. Looks like the shirtless picture of Ed Reed covered in roses should be the picture for that week, Delray! ;-)

152. Excellent Interview with Coach Golden and Joe Rose

153. JSQ
    March 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    Nash, I billed 243 hours that month, with a concussion.

Black jersey for me!

March 8, 2012 at 3:01 PM

—–

A normal job at 40 hours per week only works out to 160 hours in a month. And when your 40 hours is done, many of those jobs allow you to just get out of your chair and you go home. 243 hours of work is sick for any person, working any kind of job, without a concussion. With a concussion, you better be up for partner by the end of the year. And for the non-attorneys out there, hours billed does not even begin to approach the number of hours actually worked prior to leaving the office. If you could figure out actual hours worked with concussion, I bet the number would be staggering.

154. New blog up