The Streak: Weeks 26-30

~ The following article is contributed by beloved Eye of the Hurricane blogger, Delray ~

Weeks 26 thru 30 of the 149 week streak take us from weeks 6-10 of the 2004 season.  Anybody new for the streak?  Here we go….

Week #26:

The 6th week of the 2004 NFL season brought a new face to the 2004 touchdown club, but not to the streak.  Najeh Davenport scored for the Packers on a 13 yard run to help his team defeat the Detroit Lions 38-10.  Najeh also had 62 yards on 10 carries.  Nice average.  Vinny Testaverde made it 2 weeks in a row as he connected with Keyshawn Johnson from 22 yards out to put the Cowboys up 20-10 on the Steelers in the 3rd quarter.  Unfortunately for Vinny,  the Steelers answered with 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to win 24-20.

Week #27:

Week #7 saw a Cowboy and a Packer again break the goal line.  Vinny made it 3 weeks in a row as he and Jason Witten hooked up from 42 yards out.  On the other side of the ball was the Packers who got a score from Bubba Franks on an 8 yard pass . . . from Tony Fisher?  Wait, what happened to Brett?  I’m not sure what actually happened on the play, but Fisher is a RB out of Notre Dame.  It must have been some sort of pitch-out option play.  I’m sure Brett was not too happy about losing out on a passing TD.

Week #28:

The midpoint of the NFL season has come and with a new face to the steak.  Welcome to the NFL, Willis McGahee.  Willis scored on a 5 yard run as the Bills defeated the Cardinals 38-14 at home.  Willis finished the game with just over 100 yards on 30 carries. Vinny made it 4 in a row as he again hooked up with Keyshawn on a 28 yard pass play late in the game to help the Cowboys seal a victory at home 31-21 over the Lions.

Week #29:

Week #9 of the 2004 season saw the Canes in droves.  Five touchdowns for the boys from the “U.”  Although Vinny’s personal streak of 4 games was halted by the Bengals, Willis Mcgahee scored again for the Bills to put them on top early 7-0 in the 1st quarter.  The Bills would hold on to defeat the Jets 22-17 despite a 51 yard pass to Santana Moss from Quincy Carter.  Canes really dominated this game.  McGahee 132 yards rushing, Moss 157 yards receiving.   Jeremy Shockey returned after a 3 week absence connecting on a 1 yard pass from Kurt Warner.  The Giants, however, blew a 14 point lead to fall to The Bears 28-21.  Reggie Wayne made it back on the list as well connecting with Peyton Manning from 5 yards out as the Colts defeated the Vikings 31-28 in a classic Monday Night battle.  Edge did not hit the end zone despite rushing for 123 yards.  And you know I always save him for last, Mr. Reed dazzled with a 106 YARD interception return for a touchdown against the Browns.  Ed picked off a pass thrown by Jeff Garcia who is better known for marrying Carmella DeCesare than for his throwing abilities.  Um,  I forgot who won the game but who cares did you see the picture of Carmella? [censored by JSQ, the hater]

Week #30:

The old saying goes you can’t keep a good man down.  After getting shut out last week, Vinny came back with 2 scoring strikes to Jason Witton:  One from 29 yards out and another from 24 yards out.  However, it was nowhere near enough as the Eagles pushed their record to 8-1 destroying the Cowboys on Monday night, 49-21.  Jeremy Shockey made it 2 weeks in a row as he connected on a 1 yard pass from Kurt Warner.  Giants got defeated in the dessert as Emmit Smith scored twice to lead the Cardinals over the Giants 17-14.  Bubba Franks helped the packers get a win at home against their rival Minnesota Vikings 34-31.  Bubba connected with Brett this time from 17 yards out. Also on the winning side was Reggie Wayne of the Colts hooking up with Peyton Manning for a score from 5 yards as the Colts defeated the Texans 49-14 at home.

Again, thanks for tuning in and be sure to catch the Canes game tonight (at least on TV if you can’t be there) as we take on FSwho.  At stake is a potential bid to “The Dance.”

108 Comments

March 9, 2012

Go Canes, Beat the Semi-holes!

autumn

jorts

March 9, 2012

I will go with the green, that way it looks the same coming back out.

March 9, 2012

Nice first, Canes Outsider, and an even better message!

Woo hoo! Beat those criminoles, Canes!

Orange or green?

Close, Autumn, here is a green! Happy Friday! 🙂

autumn

March 9, 2012

an orange for co; a green for me

autumn

March 9, 2012

oh – okay, green is also fine

autumn

March 9, 2012

gotta run now, train to catch for the other side of austria

have a good WE, even though you all will lose an hour

delray – i’ll catch your article later

March 9, 2012

Have a nice weekend, Autumn!

March 9, 2012

Bye autumn, you still get a first in my eyes!

Austria has two sides? I knew a ham sandwich has two sides (pasta salad and chips), but a country?

March 9, 2012

BTW, loving the streak articles, but it is gonna take a LONG, LONG, LONG time to finish that series. Carpal Tunnel is not your friend Delray.

March 9, 2012

CO, it will end right before the season starts.

Don’t underestimate the planning ability of this blonde. 😉

Sidenote: I’m indebted to Delray for the rest of my life for doing 1/3 of the writing in the off-season.

Delray

March 9, 2012

Thanks CO. It’s been fun so far. Enjoying what you are doing (like if I was Jeff Garcia) is half the battle.

Hassan

March 9, 2012

I don’t think passing TD’s count toward the streak.

shwarma5

March 9, 2012

JSQ no surprises and the writer is exactly right when it comes the potential winner and his whole summation about the tourney to date.

I imagine Stringer v. Omar and Omar winning

Six

March 9, 2012

Hurri – nah brah, it’s b/c I’ve basically been at a tv station for 10 hours a day and have seen everything I’ve needed to for that day (sports wise) .. you get a lot from 2pm-12pm. Anything before that time frame, like on the weekends, I’ll roll to a place to eat/drink to watch before I head into work .. anything after, same thing and we usually close the joint down at 3am. Football season, I’m usually at games during the day or night anyway

Once I get home, there are no games on and I usually watch shows through the internet streaming anyway. No sense in me wasting my cash on cable/satellite as well when I get every/any station at my work and can watch streaming stuff on my computer

Usually I’m pretty fried by TV anyway toward the end of the week – it happens when you work at a station and that’s all you see all around you all day, all night, when you’re not out on assignment working a game

HBO also currently has an app for IPhone and IPad so I can watch Eastbound & Down .. one of my boys up at work makes sure i see the new episode every week for this season

I’m a movie freak as well, so I’m constantly watching those on DVD or in theater with the free passes I get from work

Six

March 9, 2012

canechic – I have a HDTV so I didn’t need to get one of those converter boxes. I get all the basic stations, CBS/ABC/NBC/FOX and the most important ones Univision/Telemundo … b/c if you’ve seen the chicas that are on those stations, you know why those stations are important to tune in. Put that sh*t on mute and just use it as hot-ass background visual while knocking out other stuff

What meteorologists look like this on your regular local stations?

Delray

March 9, 2012

Six, I bet you get ION Television as well!

PlayaCane aka Rashad

March 9, 2012

Just heard Manning is visiting the Broncos today. Why did I just get a bad feeling, thta he will sign with them, and the Fins end up trading for Tiny Tim. I’d go crazy..lol 🙁

bg1906

Nashvillecane

March 10, 2012

Ms Clark I think the blog monster is eating my comments??

March 10, 2012

I don’t see any spammed, Nash, but I had to approve one before. Scroll up, should be there.

If y’all post links it sometimes holds it. We get about 300 spam comments a day so I’m not deleting them manually – I let the software take care of it so if you think something didn’t post, tell me.

Or break up your links and try again. 🙂

PhillyCane

March 10, 2012

Looks like virginia might go down to nc state makin it imperative that we win tonight

Hurriphin

Bg,
    It appears like ya manz Mac Alexander has decommitted from Tenn. How you gonna act? Him and Hargreaves would be dope. I’m counting on Six to land us VHIII.

Hassan says:
    March 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    I don

Hassan says:
    March 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    I dont think passing TDs count toward the streak. (removed apostrophes)

The folks at ProCanes count them toward the streak. The remarkable thing is that the streak is intact even without the QB passing TDs.

There is ONE week that is coming up that will be the closest we came to losing the streak over 40 weeks earlier. I won’t ruin it for the Streakers on here, but it will be a cool item on the list.

March 10, 2012

LOL at the 11 hour jump to March 10th in the morning.

Used a Delorean to miss the Canes game?

Tsk tsk…

Nashvillecane

PlayaCane aka Rashad
    March 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM

^^^^^^
    poetic justice fo yo A** fo not wanting J70

BoriCane

March 10, 2012

D.J. Williams suspended for 6 games, found to allegedly have “non-human” urine in their system.

Hassan

March 10, 2012

The time and date is off on here

March 10, 2012

Something must be off with the server. It will eventually right itself.

Until then, the posting of winning lottery numbers is strongly encouraged.

Bg, you got mail. 🙂

PlayaCane aka Rashad

March 10, 2012 at 7:04 AM

PlayaCane aka Rashad
    March 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM

^^^^^^
    poetic justice fo yo A** fo not wanting J70

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Lol! Nash, I could see them bringing in J70 to be the 3rd stringer. Next season have 3 qb’s Tebow, Matt Moore, and J70. I’d jump ship!! lol

Hurriphin

March 10, 2012

Now that Duke has took care of biz….Go take care of yalls, Cane BBall. Phuck a seminole….and we owe Miami an L anyways.

bg1906

Got JSQ.

From an insider on Scout.

Very interesting conversation the other day with someone inside the Hecht ……

ME: By the way, congrats on recruiting. Really impressive even without all the baggage hanging over your heads

THEM: Thanks, everybody worked like dogs around here. Nice to finish well after all that.

ME: I guess the guys leaving early made it that much more of a challenge.

THEM: Yeah, well, we need bodies at every position. Good bodies. We’ll get there, though. The last two classes were what we needed. It’s good progress, for sure.

ME: But you’ll miss some of those guys, I imagine.

THEM: (Long silence) What do you mean?

ME: It would be nice to have those juniors back. You lose Spence anyways, but the other guys could have helped.

THEM: (Longer silence)

ME: Wait, you mean you guys don’t care that all those other guys are gone?

THEM: Nope.

ME: Are you serious?!?!? … You’re serious!

THEM: Yep

Other tidbits of note:

According to this person, Streeter will get drafted in the first 4 rounds. Someone is going to take a chance on him because of his size/speed numbers. However, “he will be totally overwhelmed by what it takes to make it in the NFL.” Mostly because he is lazy and immature. The conventional wisdom is that IF he makes it out of training camp, he’s a practice squad player, and is out of the league entirely in no more than 2 seasons.

“if someone put a better attitude and more focus inside Brandon Washington’s head, what you’d get is Ereck Flowers”

Recruit everyone is sleeping on …. Gabriel Terry – “I’d be shocked if this kid doesn’t leave here being a total stud for us”

Biggest (most pleasant) surprise of the off-season (Phase 1): Jeremy Lewis. “kid may push some guys and contribute. Nobody was counting on him for anything, and now it looks like he has a shot to do something. Good for him. Let’s hope he keeps it up.” Runner-up is Asante. “kid just got physically and mentally tougher.”

Biggest (most UNpleasant) disappointment: McGee. “the kid should be really good. not just ok good, but REALLY good. he has to get his act together. no excuses.” Runner-up: Seantrel “sometimes you wonder what goes on in these kids heads, and then you realize, it would be too ugly to actually know!”

Olivier Vernon never played hard more than 2 plays in a row, and it shows on film. More than one NFL scout has said to the staff that the kid is in for a rude awakening on draft day and once he gets to a training camp. Had he stayed, he would not have been the best DE on the team. That honor would go to Chickillo.

Jed Fisch really likes Dewey. They spent a lot of time with Ty Detmer and really worked hard evaluating this kid. Thinks he could be as good as any QB coming out of HS this year Because of the injuries, Dewey was completely under-evaluated/rated by the “recruiting services.” With Crow, it’s mostly about his footwork. That’s what his upside depends upon. If he can get his feet to catch up to his head, he has a chance to be really good as well. They like Williams, but think based on what they saw last year that he is “average” for what they need/want at UM. However, he has improved enough to push Morris and that is a large part of what they needd him to do. Also, Fisch is not leaving UM until he gets a head coaching gig. Doesn’t want to go back to the NFL or another college as a coordinator. Unless he gets a HC job, 95% chance he’s here as long as Golden is.

Semi-UM related: Mario Cristobal. – He backed out of the Pitt job because they gave him 12 hours to get on the plane to do his final interview. He didn’t want to leave his FIU team in the lurch the week before their bowl game. He told the AD at PItt, “you just had your coach do that to you, why would you want your next coach to do that to his old team?” Basically told Pitt to stuff it. He had the Rutgers job if he wanted it, and they were fairly deep into negotiations. However, they would not agree to an absolute out clause for the UM job. Mario is not signing any contract unless it has a clause that lets him leave for UM.

Bennie

March 10, 2012

Read that the other day BG..

Big talk, even bigger if it’s legit. Shows that the staff feels quite good with what they’ve got left in the cupboard even with departures.

UMomentum

March 10, 2012

You must have talked to Swasey. He’s the guy who would know who’s lazy and who’s not. I pretty much had it summed up the same way. That Golden interview on QAM today was very revealing — 3 year plan? For these dudes? Really?

If you are externally driven AND listening to the wrong people, you have unrealistic expectations. I remember Al saying a long time ago, some of these characters are just not as good as they think they are. Zero playmakers on the field most of the time.

I’ve got a feeling that Morris and McGee may have lost their starting gigs permanently. These guys that are coming in are ‘Workers’ and ‘Ball Players’ (see Erick Flowers). By the end of the season this team will be much closer to how it should be. One thing I really appreciate about Golden is that he understands that The U strives off emotion and thrives off momentum. He went out and recruited playmakers all over the field. This year will be interesting but 13 will be fun.

I can feel it cooooming in the air tonight,

Oh Lord

Nashvillecane

March 10, 2012

I’ve heard all that kinda talk b4.

Yadayadayada.

Show me

Nashvillecane

Hurriphin
    March 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM

^^^^^^^%

In the words of jalen rose in the fab 5 doc…..

eff duke!!!!

Nashvillecane

March 10, 2012

Duke, ut k’ville, notre lame all the same to me!!!

Add Kansas and unc bball to that list 2!!!!!!!!!

Hurriphin

Don’t hate Nash….

Hurriphin

March 10, 2012

As far as Streeter goes….I said a while ago that haven’t had a killer at wideout in FOREVA. He’s got tools for sure, but he’s content with just being talented. Before the season even started, I figured that a guy like Justin Blackmon was tougher than our Dlineman….let alone our toughest receiver. We need that kinda intensity, and that’s why Hank won’t likely be around long, and why Street….barring some kinda epiphany….prolly won’t either.

March 10, 2012

Watch out for travis benjamin, people have been & are sleeping on that man, like lamar miller, he’s a football player with track speed too. Some team will pick him up, he’ll definitely stretch the field and if he ever elarns how to get off the line, he’ll be helping to slice defenses up in the nfl:

PhillyCane

March 10, 2012

I believe our bubble popped tonite.. god damn shame so disappointing. I was telling a friend tonite that the canes for the most part have let me down the past 8 years and it still ruins my night.

Still ride or die for this U

Go Canes!

CK

UMomentum
    March 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think there is something said about Morris not being able to overtake J12 for the starting QB spot given his talent. With that said, I don’t believe in any of the other QBs on the roster. So SM17 we ride for the next year or two…

I agree on McGee though. With all the talent coming in over the summer and guys like Finnie already there, kid doesn’t have much of a chance with that work ethic.

shwarma5

March 10, 2012

Morris just needs to mentally mature as a QB and he will be fine…right now the QB position is the least of my worries with this team

March 10, 2012

Hurri I’m right there with ya.

Softees been coming outta here for years now.

Benjamin might be near the top of that list.

Can’t hide from gametape.

There hasn’t been a killa in these woods for a looooong time.

Our WRs are content with just catching the ball, while playmakers across the country settle for nothing less than tds.

It has just been that kind of mismanagement and culture around here.

Zero gamechangers.

Sad really…

GO CANEZ!!!!

March 10, 2012

Looks like some kid at pro day was out trying to run a decent 40 while a family member was in the Hecht helping themselves to some furniture
    Lmoa!!!

My bet Is gottadollas crew!!!

Well… We r family.

Smfh

This class can’t Gtfoh soon enough. Along with their hoodrat families.

Nah no one will notice that U couch sticking out the trunk. House that ish.

Goonlife

March 11, 2012

I tell you a player i would draft, and that’s t.y. hilton, you need a guy like him on your team, he got it done no matter who the competition was. I luv how he housed one against bama on the kick-off, main man trying to catch em almost had a dj(davon johnson chase greg reid)moment.

PlayaCane aka Rashad

LMAO@C1!!!!!

Six

Canez1 – that’s 305 right thurrrr

I guess they didn’t believe that their family member working out at Cane Pro Day was going to even going to make an NFL team – so they then couldn’t buy them a couch or rent it from Aaron’s Furniture with the plastic still on it with the NFL money

Cane personnel “Uh … what are you doing with that couch? Are you guys moving it somewhere”

305 “Yuh .. we movin it to our livin room .. bitch I’m from Dade County!”

Shad and Six Lmfao.

Can’t even make this shyt up.

Gangsta

March 11, 2012

Guess they didnt think robbing a 4 yr education from here was enough.

Loot the joint on the way out.

Haha.

Six

March 11, 2012

Hurri – you know I haven’t steered you wrong so far with the kids around here

I was proppin up Chick since his Soph year. Same with Hargreaves. I’m still waiting for Gionni Paul to get in there, that kid is a little wrecking machine. ACrawford has that competitive fire like Chick, hates to fail. Love the athleticism and no-quit in Rayshawn Jenkins

Wasn’t that excited about Earl Moore and obviously Gray Crow as a QB. I’m not that high on Jordan Sherrit. Been proppin Leon McQuay 3rd since his Soph year, Austin Roberts (Alfredo Roberts) since his Frosh year … and have a lot of love for a little underdog in Wesley Bullock from Plant

He’s tough as nails sneaky little f*cker

Plant turns out some smart kids – football smarts and book smarts, usually tough smart-ass kids as well

In this pic, you’ve got kids who signed with the following: Kent State, Tulane, Western Kentucky, Washington & Lee .. then Vandy, Cornell, Cornell, Stanford, Princeton and Miami

Six

Canez1 – that’s f*cked up. Funny as hell, but f*cked up

I’d pay anything to hear the coaching staff sit down over some pops and talk about it

I dunno if that kind of stuff happened up in Philly at Temple, so they might be used to it – but I doubt it

They might wanna go check the walls to see if any of the Canes NFL plaques are missing

I’m surprised their dumbasses didn’t tweet about it … yet

Hurriphin

March 11, 2012

Please don’t tell me that one of our guys families busted a jux during their kids pro day.
    We stay takin L’s….Even in the off-season.

U Family

March 11, 2012

That stealing thing is a joke, right?

Right?

Like my panhandling comment?

Please?

March 11, 2012

Golden would have put me on the soft tape today. 48 minutes to run 4 miles.

But as Wee-Bay said about Namond’s station in Bodie’s corner crew:

“Everybody gotta start somewhere.”

March 11, 2012

If yall think that couch incident is something, yall couldn’t have been at UM in the 80’s, back when teammates & students were getting robbed left and right and the school on a regular basis! They wasn’t ready for alot of us back than. Here’s a note: If you here somebody say: “I’m bout to go touch that” best believe they not joking.

It got to the point where we couldn’t wait for a riot, 1st off, it’s bad that we knew more were coming, so alot of us had already planned what to hit next.

I remember mentioning this way back when, but alot of people don’t understand the dynamics of Miami. But it was just brought up recently again with tracy howard, when he said he wanted to get out of Miami, and than when he took his visit, Coral Gables didn’t feel like he was still in Miami(meaning the Miami he knew). It’s not as bad now, but in the 80’s it was real bad, soon as they even saw us in Coral Gables, here come the police with the quickness.

We the main reason they changed rental car tags to regular looking car tags so people wouldn’t keep getting robbed, but they still gave themselves away cause they only changed them to tags(like leased cars) where they started with “Y” or “Z”, so back in the day, be like, “their go z”, 9 times out o0, they was making it out of there with what they came in with, wrong turn got em every time. They always told people, don’t get off 95 until you see the aiport sign or the 441 sign. Anything in between their, at your own risk.

March 11, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    Golden would have put me on the soft tape today. 48 minutes to run 4 miles.

But as Wee-Bay said about Namond’s station in Bodie’s corner crew:

“Everybody gotta start somewhere.”
    ///////////////////////////////////

4 miles is 4 miles no matter how you got it, was it on a treadmil or out side!

Ronny

March 11, 2012

JR Smith getting fined 25k for a picture of a girls ass is just ridiculous. Are athletes not aloud to live their life how they want? Shit like this really annoys me. Who cares what an athlete does on their own time.

And no one give me this, “oh we’ll they make millions of dollars and have to act a certain way.”

Anyways I hate David Stern.

March 11, 2012

It was outside, Calvin. There was a pre St. Patty’s day race in Ft. Lauderdale.

The thing that is especially humbling about running races is south Florida is that these super in shape 70 year olds run right past you.

I have this app on my phone that tracks when you have the best time and, true to form, my best moments were during the Miami Fight Song, B!tch I’m From Dade County, and Back That A$$ Up.

I wonder what the 70 year olds were listening to?!

Esteban

March 11, 2012

Made the drive down to my old unincorporated Dade dwellings yesterday. Had to make a pit stop in Gainesville to see some fam. Can proudly say my uncle managed to talk bad about Tebow, Meyer, the program, the SEC and the town in a span of like two minutes.

On the convo with a coach…it can’t be Swasey. Cause Swasey knows if all else fails Streeter showed he’s willing to play special teams and can stick around based off that for more than two years. Definitely one of the newcomers, probably a Temple holdover. And effort never was an issue with Vernon before. Now two plays and he’s done? Sounds like sour grapes more than anything else.

March 11, 2012

Agreed on sour grapes. You always have to look at someone’s motive to disparage someone before you take his or her word as fact.

March 11, 2012

Esteban, you down here for good now?

CanesCanesCanes

March 11, 2012

C’mon Este, don’t you know that third party anonymous information is super reliable.

March 11, 2012

Daylight savings has these old Boca peeps in super slow mode…

March 11, 2012

Of course they get impatient when I am crossing the parking lot though.

[JSQ limps into nail salon]

Ronny says:
    March 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Anyways I hate David Stern.
    /////////////////////////////

Him & no-goodell can disappear!

March 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    It was outside, Calvin. There was a pre St. Patty’s day race in Ft. Lauderdale.

I wonder what the 70 year olds were listening to?!

So that’s real good, cause outside, you gotta go get it. As far as the 70 year olds, don’t worry, they have more time than you, to work on it. But next time, just loop those 2 songs!

March 11, 2012

Those comments seem spot on.

Vernon would show up a few times a game and then ghost the rest.

That was most of the teams MO anyway.

Nothing shocking there.

And also don’t see where sour grapes would come in to play since we have no idea who this conversation was with and also this team and all of its parts have sucked balls for a loooong time.

It Is what it Is.

Six

March 11, 2012

‘Emo’ killings raise alarms in Iraq

Associated PressBy LARA JAKES | Associated Press – 10 hrs ago

BAGHDAD (AP) — Young people who identify themselves as so-called Emos are being brutally killed at an alarming rate in Iraq, where militias have distributed hit lists of victims and security forces say they are unable to stop crimes against the subculture that is widely perceived in Iraq as being gay.

Emo is short for “emotional” and in the West generally identifies teens or young adults who listen to alternative music, dress in black, and have radical hairstyles. Emos are not necessarily gay, but they are sometimes stereotyped as such.

To Iraqis, “Emo” is widely synonymous with “gay.”

******

Wonder if the Iraqis just roll to their local Hot Topic, where the Emos brood all day/all night …… then use their parents credit card to buy more idiotic sh*t to help make them look even stupider, while blaming the world for everything … then going home after a long day of self-loathing to their parents nice house in suburbia

Bennie

Fuck FSU.

Inappropriate language or not. Just what these huge ego blowhards needed.

bg1906

PhillyCane

Anddd NC State gets in while we go to the NIT

Esteban

March 11, 2012

JSQ, permanent starting next month. Trying to line things up while down now tho.

PlayaCane aka Rashad

March 11, 2012

### UM and FAU have discussed starting a football series; FAU wants a home-and-home. UM prefers a home game but said it hasn’t ruled out a home-and-home. UM wants fewer tough non-conference games; UF (2013), Notre Dame, Nebraska, and Michigan State are among those already booked. Also scheduled in future years: Rutgers, Memphis, Toledo and Cincinnati. The USF series will end after 2013 because UM didn’t want to continue…. Two NFC scouts said receiver LaRon Byrd (4.46 in the 40) helped himself more than any player at UM’s Pro Day. Travis Benjamin and Olivier Vernon also helped themselves.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2012/03/scouts-opine-on-dolphins-draft-plus-dolphins-heat-marlins-um-notes.html#storylink=cpy

March 11, 2012

### We hear that UM guard Durand Scott was suspended for Friday’s ACC Tournament game because a former UM assistant coach provided transportation to a family member as well as Scott’s former AAU coach. Both are NCAA violations. The assistant coach told the NCAA a long time ago that he provided transportation to the AAU coach, which makes it even more unfair and outrageous that the NCAA made this an issue a few hours before the Hurricanes’ most important game of the season. UM has asked the NCAA to reinstate him. And our question is this: When will the former coaches be held accountable?

I like this, more good news, the ncaadon’t really have nothing so they’re trying their best to punish the program on the fly, so what they do, wait until the bball team was on the verge of getting in and suspend em, to help make sure i’ll make it harder for the bball team to get in, it’s also time for them to go home. They’ve been hovering around long enuff now, time to annouce thee “stand in the corner for 3 mins” punishment and roll out. Take the $83,000 and go home, you already done wore out your welcome.

March 11, 2012

Cool, Esteban, keep me posted!

March 11, 2012

I would love love love love love a game at FAU!!!!

15 minutes away!

Totally better than the 30 minutes (excuse me officer, 45) it takes to get to Sun Life!

March 11, 2012

Calvin, I’m starting to think that this whole NCAA thing is the product of a pi$$ed off criminole fan with a lot of $$$.

Dude paid Shapiro, and pays the NCAA before any big game and has them suspend someone.

Yup. That’s the ticket. It’s a conspiracy.

Because my Alma Mater can do no wrong.

March 11, 2012

No doubt, they mad that goldie and crew still brought in solid players, it didn’t hurt recruiting, if we miss one more bowl game, who cares, should the bball team sit out the n.i.t. tournament to, either way, this needs to be over.

Hurriphin

bg1906

March 11, 2012

Good ol Glenn dyking up the last decent piece of butt on the planet.

Not getting that kid right now.

Bennie

walking dead just got SERRRRRRRIOUS

March 12, 2012

I would take tb3 in a heartbeat, can’t see him lasting past the 2nd round myself, he’s a playmaker and will only get better, he runs comeback routes about as fast as they can be run and in the nfl, the timing of the throws will be better/faster than what he got in college so he’ll be able to dust db’s alot more and he’s real underrated when it comes to him getting yards after the catch, was our best receiver at it for 4 years although aj2, that’s something he did real well as well.

Greentree

March 12, 2012

Tb3 has all the skills in world to succeed. He has to use his brain a little more tho. Cant be making boneheaded plays like trying to field a punt on ball that’s bouncing towards your own end zone and give it up to set the other team up for an easy score like he did against the noles as a senior no less. Or like the play his junior year against blosu where he wasnt even looking for the ball to come his way leading to an int and easy score. For every good play he makes two bonehead plays follow. Got fix that if you wanna be more than a practice squad guy.

March 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM

The coincidence DOES make it look like they were doing all they could to help FSU.

Do we win with Scott on the court? Yes.

Do we then beat Duke and UNC? (*cough*) mebbie (*cough*)

March 12, 2012

CO, I’m just saying it looks suspicious.

Three big suspensions before we play F$U.

Ray Ray, Reggie, and Durand.

I’m not saying some criminole booster was holding a gun to Ray Ray’s head forcing him to tweet about free chicken.

But that situation plus the other two has me wondering what is up with the NCAA’s criminole love.

You have to wonder if we had the same cheating scandal they had a few years ago what would have happened.

I guarantee that ish would have been on ESPN 24/7 and they would have had a camera crew in front of Hecht Athletic Center

March 12, 2012

By the way, when you guys were posting about GottaDolla4’s family robbing Hecht, I seriously thought you guys meant the dorm Hecht (where I was an RA), not the Hecht Athletic Center (where I TRIED to teach a class of freshman Cokerites ethics).

UMomentum

March 12, 2012

“Still hoping that whole thing was a joke, but for some reason the latter is more palatable to me than that crew robbing some poor freshman girl.”

I’m really hoping that was a joke too,
    But deep down I know it’s probably true.

I am officially claiming my Moorish nationality until the
    ‘this type of s%@! makes us all look bad’ tag is dropped.
    There’s so much ‘I’ (as a brotha) could say, but I can’t say it.

Chris Rock can say it though:

March 12, 2012

Anyone else attending the Hall of Fame induction dinner on 3.29?

Bryant McKinnie and 2-0 E Reed boy are being inducted.

And some other people.

March 12, 2012

I will, of course, try to make you guys feel like you are at the event like I always do. 🙂

March 12, 2012

I hadn’t even added in Ray-Ray. yeah, there is somebody SMILING on FSU right now. Heck, Duke and UNC also were shorthanded facing FSU.

Hopefully their year of luck is over, and we get some of that next year.

March 12, 2012

We suspended Ray Ray ourselves and I don’t think he was forced at gunpoint to tweet about the free chicken but what do we know about this gf of his who was involved in the incident?

She is probably a covert spy from criminole country, who entices young men to eat free chicken and then promises sexual favors for them to tweet about it.

Again, just a theory.

March 12, 2012

Hmm, sex for tweets? Sounds like a fair trade to me. Unfortunately, the sex has to be completed in 140 seconds.

Pardon me, I gotta go open a twitter account….

March 12, 2012

“It appears that UM has identified the QB it will take in Feb. 2013, and while there is no official “commitment” yet, there is an “understanding” with that player and his family that basically will result in the kid taking some unofficial visits and doing some camps this summer. But if there are no crazy hiccups, I expect the recruit to announce publicly sometime in September after school starts.”

My guess (as an outsider)

Agreed, CO.

That family is 100% all about the []_[].

Greg and Kara’s son is always dressed in baby ‘Canes gear in pictures. Freaking unbelievably cute kid.

March 12, 2012

They should stay as silents though, like others do to us. Then he can throw down that ND hat, FSU hat, UF hat, tap dance on them, and then pick up the U hat and smile for all the cameras.

March 12, 2012

And Valparaiso? Sounds like a guy that should be playing soccer, not the name of a basketball team and college.

They better not beat us after that comment…

pb(EOTHROH12)

Who is that Mary?

Btw, finally saw Moneyball. **** out of 5. Very good flick.

New blog up!

March 12, 2012

Funny how these groups want to act like they’re offended because of colors of clothes. Who cares, it’s a joke, what’s next, they’ll be protesting down at hospitals saying don’t put the newborns in blue or pink, than all these guys trying to apologize and back tracking on the issue is funny as hell. None of those issues could be raised with me, it’s foolishness, none of these idiots are protesting that the klan uses white colored robes while/when teaching hate, but some coach uses certain colors that represent soft tape performances and now somehow this is suppose to get address, couldn’t of been him, lol:

new blog Calvin! 🙂