The Streak: Weeks 56-60

~ The following article was contributed by beloved Eye of the Hurricane blogger, Delray ~

It’s that time of the week again as we look back at the touchdown streak set by the Miami Hurricanes in the NFL.  This week we will look at weeks 56-60 which encompasses week 2 thru week 6 of the 2006 season.  I want to apologize now, it seems that the Canes are scoring so many touchdowns that I keep going back to make sure I’m not repeating a week or missing a week.  You’ll see what I mean soon.

Week 56:

Week 2 of the 2006 season was a slow one for the Canes, at least by our standards.  Only 2 Canes reached the end zone.  One was Andre Johnson as he hooked up with David Carr from 10 yards out late on the 4th.  It just was too little too late as the Texans fell to the Colts 43-24.  Frank Gore’s 49ers faired a bit better with a 20-13 victory over the Rams.  Frank tallied 127 yards rushing including a 32 yard touchdown.

Week 57:

The 3rd week of the season saw the Redskins finally break into the win column by defeating the Texans 31-15.  Clinton Portis helped with 2 touchdown runs of 30 yards  and 1 yard.  Edgerrin James’s TD run of 6 yards brought the Cardinals to within 2 of the Rams but the game ended that way, 16-14.  Similarly, Roscoe Parrish’s 51 yard reception opened the scoring for the Bills only to see them fall to the Jets 28-20.

Week 58:

Remember when I said it seemed like I was repeating myself…It seems like I just recently wrote about Santana Moss scoring three touchdowns last week?  I had to go back and verify I was not caught up in some type of loop.  I wasn’t…he did it again on touchdown passes of 55 yards,  8 yards and 68 yards in overtime.  Add to that a TD by Clinton Portis, and you have Cane domination.  These numbers are staggering!  Clinton Portis 112 yards and Santana Moss 138 yards.  The Texans scored two – 4th quarter touchdowns including a 3 yard reception by Andre Johnson to defeat the Dolphins 17-15.  Kellen Winslow scored on a 2 yard pass as the Browns defeated the Raiders 24-21.  And Willis McGahee scored on a 1 yard run as the Bills defeated the Vikings 17-12.

Week 59:

The 5th week of the season was nothing to get too excited about.  Reggie Wayne kept the streak going with a 2 yard touchdown pass from Peyton.  The touchdown gave the Colts the victory over the Titans 14-13 and kept the streak alive.

Week 60:

Week 6 of the season saw 7 touchdowns by 5 Canes.  Accounting for multiple scores this week were Clinton Portis on runs of 10 and 4 yards as the Redskins fell to the Titans 25-22 and Jeremy Shockey who scored on completions of 2 and 4 yards.  The second reception sealed the Giants win over the Falcons 27-14.  Najeh Davenport returned after a long absence from the streak, scoring on a 1 yard run as the Steelers treated the Chiefs like a red-headed step child 45-7.  Roscoe Parrish scored on a 44 yard pass from J.P. Losman in the Bills 20-17 loss at the hands of the Detroit Lions.

“Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands” must have been what Devin Hester was thinking.  After watching starting QB Rex Grossman complete 14 of 37 passes  including 4 interceptions,  the Bears found themselves down 20 –0 to the Cardinals.  After 2 fumbles returned for touchdowns, the Bears had clawed their way back to within 6 with 3 minutes left to play forcing the Cards to punt.  Everyone knew it was coming but they just couldn’t do anything about it.  Devin Hester took the punt back from 83 yards to put the Bears on top for good 24-23.  I think we’ve all seen this before and will no doubt see it again.

Ain’t no way around iiiiiiit…..

CapeCoralCane says:

Got off easy considering it was almost 60 K in benefits to student athletes.

CapeCoralCane says:

Not even a bowl ban because of their cooperation. Hope we get the same treatment.

I hope so cape. The feedback has been our cooperation has been second to none. Practically blowing them every time they set foot on campus.

5. Six

April 27, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I’d like to know exactly how Momma Litton handled Chase after his stupid ass incident with “liking to steal stuff out of people’s open garages”
    ///////////////////////////////////

pre-goon, bring em in!

6. http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/403494_443986445627482_100000483916826_1771074_1128330881_n.jpg

Dobard and “Shockdog”, Dobard’s freshman year, per FB.

Glad to see he’s met one of the Cane greats lol

7. love this top ten:

Late Show Top Ten

Top Ten Lesser-Known Animal Ailments

10. Restless tentacle syndrome
    9. Limp gizzard
    8. Kibble intolerance
    7. Goat gout
    6. Irritable owl syndrome
    5. Angry birds
    4. Hoarse crabs
    3. Horse crabs
    2. Labored meowing
    1. Sprained blowhole

8. These nfl owners have got to be laughing all the way to the bank with these new low pay-outs they giving compared to previous years, lol. It’s off the chain the discount they getting now. For instance, luke kue will make somewhere round 12.1 over 4 years, lol, got dayum. So the 2nd contract i the most important and that’s why alot of these guys jetted out earlier so they can get a head start on that 2nd contract!

9. My boy ben jones trying to catch henderson slipping. The one thing about em, he came to UM, didn’t cause problems and kept going at it, i like that about em. Some players are just not going to be good enuff to beat out the guy in front of them but are they a good teammate and do they practice hard and play hard.

Here’s some more motivation for them boys going thru U-tough(For some reason that name kind of irritates the hell out of me, maybe it’ll grow on me)!

10. Ravens just got a good one on the outside.

And here comes the onslaught of olineman….

Everyone knows wideout shoulda been the pick there….not lineman, where Jake Long is a beast, and Vern has been good on the visual side.
    No coincidence that once the jets saw that assinine pick, they FLEW up to grab the receiver that they were SURE we’d pick up.

That’s proof that there’s some kinda spark haphazardly zapping around in the jets FO.
    Miami on the other hand…..?

FVCK.

13. Gruden wasn’t entirely off base in saying the right side of the LOLphins OL is deteriorated.. They need work EVERYWHERE on offense.

14. Can’t win for losing with picks though. The entire organization needs a douching.

15. Random stat for Phins folk..

In 2011, Phins OL allowed a sack once every 10.5 drop backs. Ouuuuch.

16. Baylor (not RG3)
    Memphis
    Boise State (2 of them)
    Syracuse
    Illinois (4 of them)
    Appy State
    Cincy
    Midwestern State
    Utah State
    UConn

What do all these colleges have in common?

They’ve all had someone drafted so far …. something Miami hasn’t had so far

Even an Illinois team that was 2-6 in conference has what, 4 players drafted already?

17. I like this bit by Tim Reynolds..

@ByTimReynolds: When kids in the future want to leave Miami early, Al Golden should just point to this draft and say, “You sure?”

Bennie,
    This is a bit of an insane theory, and Cal in particular isnt gonna like it, but I’ve had this feeling for a while now that Goldie MIGHT’VE gave a bit of a fatherly “Push” to the kids who decided to leave early.
    I think he wants his guys to fill some slots sooner than later. Get rid of some of this flaccid we’ve been jerkin off wit, round here….

19. No argument here Hurri. I could see that. Kids have a selfish “me” personality, might as well send them off or let them meet Rosenhaus lol

20. @Chickillo71: This draft is opening my eyes #wow

21. MNW7 that went to the Canes 0 drafted so far

Lavante David From MNW gets drafted at LB before his old team mate Sean Spence.

22. lolol

@GeoffVogt16: Rough for Canes to sign 8 kids from a high school team and not even get the top draft choice from that HIGH SCHOOL class. It just happened.

23. Already you say Lamar should’ve come back!

24. NYG has some skill players on O.. Gonna be hell.

UCF just had someone drafted.. :(

26. If this isn’t an eye opener to the remainder of the kids on the team..

NO ONE TAKES YOU SERIOUSLY.

YOU AREN’T WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE.

Time to step up your games, and give yourselves a collective kick in the asses.

27. Rashad – brah, someone from f*cking MONTANA GOT DRAFTED

BAHAHAHA

Montana 1
    Miami 0

LOL@Six!! That is a damn shame!!

Cane Fan KB says:

An effin punter…PUNTER got drafted before any CANES…sad times

30. Baylor (not RG3)
    Memphis
    Boise State (2 of them)
    Syracuse
    Illinois (4 of them)
    Appy State
    Cincy (2 of them)
    Midwestern State
    Utah State
    UConn
    Marshall
    Iowa State
    Vandy
    UCF
    San Diego State (Ronnie Hillman, the guy I mentioned last year that should be in the convo for one of the best RBs in the nation and some ultra Cane homer on here from the 305 said I was nuts .. that Hillman was sh*t compared to Lamar Miller)

And a punter from Cal was just taken over ANY Cane yet

Way to go get that money playas by leaving early

31. I saw Hillman when SD State went to their conference title game or division title..can’t remember which, that dude is HELL. He runs kinda’ like Ryan Williams (from VT) does. Hard as hell to bring down, great at catching passes, great at pass blocking, can stop and turn on a dime..

I’d honestly forgotten he was going into the draft.

32. Sad day but the BEST thing that could’ve happened to us. Its surely a LESSON!

33. Vernon to the Phins..

WOOF.

OMG!!!!! The Dolpins had to bring one of them in.. lol

35. Glad my draft party is tomorrow afternoon and not tonight.

Foresight.

How about that….HOMEBOUND

37. The Dolphins have in one draft done what all the fans have bitched about..

Drafted a QB..ALthough he could conceivably be at WR..

And kept a Hurricane in town.

Fins still need a WR. Hopefully they draft one with their next pick.

Didn’t the Seahawks sign Flynn in the off-season?

40. Six

Hillman is a really good fb player much more complete then LM6 but damn i want to be a homer I love watchin LM6 run lol

41. Rashad – yes, the Fins will draft a WR

and his name will be Aldarius Johnson

and I won’t stop laughing for at least 2 months straight

LOL!! Im hoping they don’t take Streeter..lol..I kinda just want to move on from the past 4 years, and the players that were a part of it..lol

43. And I will be laughing along with Six.

And Six, I think you made the right choice. Without a good attorney you are rolling the dice on losing more than $240 if you go to court. I would have done the same thing. Traffic court smells.

44. Happy with the Ravens’ choice.

Although I shook my fist at their kicker when he was announced.

Still pi$$ed about that game.

Tannehill is a dead man. We need to find some way to get TY Hilton from FIU. He’d instantly be our best vertical threat, and he’d help out our scab-ass return team, who couldn’t run a movie back to the Redbox, let alone a return back for a touchdown.

46. I’m going to LOL when Chase Ford is drafted ahead of Lamar.

At least a cane was drafted before a turd or nole.

Six, where’s your boy Brantley. lol

Damn, Goldens RB at Temple just got drafted. I feel sick for LM6.

49. Yea..

Pierce had injury problems through college if I recall..

Of all the Canes that decided to throw their hat in the ring, Lamar needed to.

It’s one thing to come back from an ACL tear. It’s another when your shoulder has been surgically repaired a couple of times. Linebackers don’t aim to go for legs, or hips. They want to blast you, and that’s usually on the top half.

Spence!!

51. THERE YOU GO SPENCE

52. CanesCanesCanes – Brantley is Arena League material

Thing is, he wasn’t projected to go as high as Lamar Miller or any of other Canes

Didn’t a RB from TEMPLE just get picked?

53. I’d still take Brantley over Jacory

54. Now..Gonna be interesting to see Spence in THAT 3-4..

55. Colts mimicking the Pats, giving Luck two TEs in the draft .. the top 2 TEs none the less

Foles is a guy I would have liked for the phins. Value pick.

Six – Brantley isn’t even arena league material. I wish Jacory well in his business endeavors.

Pittsburgh is the perfect place for Spence. They’ll make him into something. Good omen for Spence, Pittsburgh knows how to pick for D.

57. lol @ Brian Lunchbox London tweeting..

“I wonder if Baltimore picking another runningback makes DJBerry20 mad” LOL

Good for Spence….

Our best overall player since AT LEAST Antrel Rolle.

lol@ lunchbox

60. I feel really bad for Lamar.

I guess those projections about the 4th round were right.

Or at least let’s hope!

61. Lotta’ tweets talking about Lamar’s shoulder being such a risk and just as much so his lack of football IQ..

62. Football IQ isn’t as important for a RB as much as it is for almost every other position. Certainly never hurts but having vision is more important than IQ. He got vision, burst, long distance speed and under rated hands. Needs some bionic shoulders tho. Whoever gets him at this point is getting a steal. Ahmad Bradshaw left Marshall early and went undrafted – not cause he wasn’t a big time back but other reasons. Still, a big time RB will get his chance cause injuries happen so often. Miller just needs to go into camp wherever he ends up and do his thing. Hoping still my Patriots grab him. I like Steven Ridley but would like him more as the short yardage guy matched up with Miller.

63. CanesCanesCanes – I’m sure Jacory will do well at doing laundry for some football team .. let’s hope he throws the clothes in the right washer/dryer and not into the washer/dryer of the other team

64. ROFL @ SIX

the laundry

it’s going to float through the air, like a butterfly on a summer breeze

65. I wish nothing but the worst for these low lifes and could care less what they do in the nfl .

They disrespected this program with their piss poor attitudes and work ethic and all deserve to go undrafted.

U want to call this a family? Then act like it.

Selfish c@nts.

Dead to me.

I hope uncle Al did push these fags out of the nest. They needed to gtfoh.

It all starts with what u do at this U.

Thank you Canez 1 for saying what I am thinking! I really have no love for this bunch….I want all kids to eventually get it and succeed but this bunch really makes it hard for me.

I do think LaMichael will be a good compliment to Gore!

Spence a steeler yikes! Spence I want you to succeed BUT NOT the Steelers!!!!

67. I don’t wish the worst for anyone. Even people have seriously done me wrong.

Someone is a salty Muffins this morning…

Delray, I used the Irish butter like you recommended and the peanut butter truffles turned out great. Thanks for the suggestion!

Poor Sebas is going crazy. Just running around in circles in the kitchen sniffing the air. Dude loves pulled pork!

I don’t know about that JSQ…I have some really bad thoughts about that Rapist QB for that black and yellow team. Also some bad thoughts for that NC senator who gave a baby to his mistress while his wife is dying because she took fertility drugs to give that ass another kid. And no good thoughts for that coach who dissed his atl team to got to another school and have an affair with a student, totally diss the whole public school hiring rules and hurt his family in a way that cannot be repaired.

As much as I would like to think I wish only good thoughts about all people, there are some who make that sentiment very difficult!

69. I want Rapistberger to lose to the Ravens. That is where by thoughts begin and end with him.

I don’t really think about all that stuff. People do bad things to other people. But if you sit around and think about everyone who has hurt you or other people you are only going to drive yourself nuts and hurt yourself.

The law takes care of a lot and what it doesn’t, karma does. Their destiny is out of our hands so why have any wish for them one way or another?

I think it’s best to just focus on ourselves and try to be the best us we can be. The rest will take care of itself.

70. CC I’m with ya on this one sista.

Jsq toughen up. U will get hurt less.

No salt, just reaction to getting continually disrespected by these hookers

The U brand is dented and it didn’t happen overnight.

Karma…

71. That’s logically inconsistent. I’m the one shrugging about the whole thing and cooking while you are throwing darts at ‘Canes faces. Who is the one who is really hurt?

Let it go, wish them the best.

NFL giving Canes a huge dose of reality…nothing to be said that already hasn’t though one guy I am surprised is falling off is BWash. At G I would think someone would like the guy. Curious to see how many Canes go 4th round. After that I just laugh if you came out (as if you are figuring top three rounds and go fourth, shiz happens. If you go 5 plus, jokes on you when you don’t consult rec board).

And Cal, like how you were telling jokes about B. Jones up there. Only difference between that kid and Symonette since they have been here is the amount of shade one created.

73. Mike Bradley made note of something on CI..

Spence is probably about to get a little smaller .. And could be doing a LOT of learning from Troy Polamalu here soon.

74. Bennie, actually was thinking about that, but dismissed it since in pass pro that would be a big jump for him. Interesting thought though as he has the smarts for that type of role.

No sh!t Bennie? That’s interesting. Does he have the speed for strong safety? Or did the guy just pull that speculation out of his….

I’m not saying its bad idea, maybe, but it’s not something normally done

I just reread you’re post Bennie. I didn’t see the name Mike Bradley.

Obviously it’s more than idle speculation if it’s coming from Mike who I respect. I thought you pulled that from SI or somewhere like that.

What does sleepy weigh now? He’ll have to lose some weight and gain some speed, tho I know he was pretty quick. Interesting.

77. Coming into college he was nearly as big as Polamalu is NOW. And he had quite a few more route jumped INT’s in highschool than he did here..

He’s in the 230’s now I think, wonder how much they’d want him to lose. Same token though, he’s only 15 or 20 lighter than some of the heaviest Steeler LB’s.

78. Cody Grimm from VT went to safety and did decent for the Bucs when he went from LB to S.. Wasn’t God awful but certainly wasn’t a Spence in college.

I think sleepy was around 200 when he came in as a frosh – not sure tho

80. CX3 might have been closer to 195. Like I said from a tackling / football intelligence / reaction standpoint, I can see that move.

Just from a speed and coverage skills aspect think its a reach…

81. Here’s a game…first Cane off the board today is….

Here’s something interesting.

The turds, noles, and longhorns have been top 5 recruiting (or no worse than top 10) just about every year for quite a while.

All we ever hear is about the turds and noles stud 5* classes. They spend a lot of time thumping their chests about their top 5 classes.

Anyone drafted yet from them?

Just from a speed and coverage skills aspect think its a reach…

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That about covers it in a nutshell

84. Hurriphin

April 27, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Bennie,
    ////////////////////////////////////

Doesn’t bother me if that’s what he wanted to do, a coach smartest move is to get the kind of players that he feels fits his system as fast as he can along with the coaches to coach them. The only thing i’m not hearing is later on, is the complaining about depth after the fact. Those statements become artificial once those type moves have been intentionally made.

goldie will definitely use this draft situation and pull the positives from it. He will definitely do that, at the same time, it’s not as bad as it looks for real. I’m just curious, i actually think brandon washington leaving early actually helped the team, cause where in the hell was he going to play, i didn’t want to see him out wide no more and i don’t think they would’ve wanted to move him back on the inside as well, so it helps keep the confusion out of the o-line. miller leaving, was understandable given that chris webber shoulder he has, at the same time though, contrary to what insanez1 said (“millers shoulder will fall off signing his contract). This man has been complaining about miller’s shoulders since he got here and miller has still been ballin.

Whoever gets miller, they’ll be getting a playmaker, it’s just nobody wants to have to invest in a runningback they feel has body parts that’ll betray them later on. miller will be alright in the nfl and more than likely the colts are going to be the ones to try and pick em up today to go along with t.y. hilton. Temas just don’t trust miller as being an every down type back, but he’ll more than likely end up in washington or in nap-town!

85. If they make that move on spence in the nfl, if he can play more like bob sanders, they got a steal. Either way, having spence on your team just made your team that much better, he’ll make plays, i’d rather see em at linebacker but in that 3-4, they want you at old defensive end size!

86. CX3 – One other interesting thing about Spence is he had to learn three systems while he was here. Given that he will now be in one system for a long time, curious to see if that helps physical development (since while still needing to be in the film room, he won’t have to worry about a new playbook giving him time to redivert that energy/attention).

Actually think the Steelers are having themselves a great draft so far given their needs.

87. What’s funny though, wasn’t to long ago as i recall, who were the bozo’s that that kept debating which player would get drafted 1st and that they both would be top 10 picks, and like the players they hung their credibilty on, they haven’t been heard from either in marcus robinson & laron byrd. I use to just shake my head at seeing those debates. Although i do think marcus robinson going to a team that’ll let em play linebacker he might do decent but i know football wise, they don’t have to much faith in that man picking up he scheme!

I’ll bite – just a hunch but I say Washington. Forget he’s a cane, big o-linemen with ability are at a premium, even if they dont hit their potential in college. The obvious pick is Miller, but obviously the shoulder is spooking teams.

Agree about the steelers.

89. I got seantrel henderson coming out next year irregardless of this year’s draft, lol.

90. Any money is mo money to buy mo, or in the words of goldie “weeding the garden” to hell with where you drafted!

91. bg1906
    April 27, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    Sad day but the BEST thing that could’ve happened to us. Its surely a LESSON!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

92. Jsq lol Ur a character.

Ill pass on that ghey ass “wish them all the best” nonsense.

Not my thing.

Good for u tho.

Id go with with Bwash as well.

Imo he is the best cane on the board.

93. Streeter to the phins or skins, i think Skins might look at B Wash, Streeter or Miller they have 2 picks in the early 4th rd and all 3 of those guys address needs and have value based on talent in those rds.

east st louis cane says:

Miller staying home

95. The Browns with a huge gag.

96. Phins feeding the implosion.

Smh

97. Definitely going to need OL for Miller..,

Poor TB. Going to have to see raggedy ass Whipple again.

I can’t believe the Dolphins are going HAM on the offensive side. Almost got me thinking that the Powers That Be give a fvck, and are trying to get with the times.

Nah….I’ve read this book before….

I’ve got mixed feelings about former Canes, but I do get what C1 is spittin. If they just werent that great/productive and they go on to NFL success, (Kenny Phillips) its easier to root for them. But if you conducted yaself like a screwball….It’s mighty hard to wish you well.
    But hell, I’ve embarrassed my mom more than once, and she never quit on me, so I still try and hold out hope for these drunken-uncles of this family.

You guys still love Cal, even tho he shows his azz, right?

Who knows how these guys would have turned out if they received proper coaching, leadership and development. There’s obviously talent there.

We spent a lot of time bashing the coaching, and rightly so, and while the players have to accept responsibility, there’s still hope for them to become real football players with some structure and leadership. I’m not letting em off the hook, but it’s a two way street – the coaching and leadership was not there. That has to be taken into account.

Put it this way, had they had Golden all 3-4 years I honestly believe we’d be having a different conversation.

Point of fact: Temple TE I’ve never heard of gets picked before Orson Charles.

Where they really screwed up is with the tater tots.

Now that’s crossing the line

101. At least Tannehill will have a big bad WR to throw to in Brandon Marshall, so that’ll help him out

…… oops

Steelers & Ravens love them some Polynesian players, usually can’t go wrong with a big pineapple eater in the middle of your DL. You also know you’re no joke if you’re a LB and you’re selected by the Steelers or Ravens

All the ‘Fins need now is to complete the cycle and draft Aldarius at WR and Chase Ford at TE and pick up their fearless leader Jacory in the 7th Round

Calvin will be f*cking happy. Canez1 and a whole bunch of other realistic ‘Fins fans will be on suicide watch

102. Bennie
    April 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Poor TB. Going to have to see raggedy ass Whipple again.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Damn…he probably won’t realize that until he gets there lol

Six – is it Samoans or Polynesians?

104. Idk about Washington picking up both Cousins and RG3. Time will tell but I think if you are going to trade so much for RG3, you should at least use your remaining draft picks on his surrounding cast.

105. Cousins is no threat.. Just a wasted pick.

Oh well.

106. I think Cousins will be a decent backup for years to come. But worth a 4th rounder, I think not.

107. Ronny says:
    April 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    Lamar Miller in the 4th round? Are you kidding me?

—————————————————————————————————–

I can admit when I’m wrong. I really thought he would’ve gone higher.

108. CanesCanesCanes – Polynesian is a general term for the people from central/southern Pacific

Hawai’i, Tonga, Samoa, Cook Islands, Easter Island, goes out even to the tip of New Zealand

I’m a Polynesian (Hawai’ian)/S.Korean mix

I love pineapple, fish, am real good at laundry, can row a damn boat with a paddle like a machine, surf, can kill a keg sized plate of rice if needed, could probably put together a KIA/Hyundai if needed as well, not that great at math for some reason and don’t dig on swine too much … so those last two stereotypes don’t apply to me

By the way, Wahlberg absolutely killed it in The Departed, I think he was even better than Nicholson at his part

109. I like the Colts picking up T.Y. Hilton at the end of the 3rd round. With the right coaching and football IQ, he could be a better version of Wes Welker.

110. Orson Charles is a 4th round steal for the Bengals

111. Luck, Fleener, DAllen, TY Hilton .. Colts are giving Luck some shiny new toys to play with in this draft

SEC still dominating the draft

112. CanesCanesCanes
    April 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Point of fact: Temple TE I’ve never heard of gets picked before Orson Charles.
    <<<<<<<<<<

this

Yea – I should know that, I just never thought of Samoans in the same mix but it makes sense because I guess polynesians for eons trucked around the vast Pacific in their boats.

I’ve only been to Hawaii but want to go to Tahiti and New Zealand one day

The Departed is a friggin classic, everybody was good but you’re right Wahlberg nailed it. Loved it when he plugged the Damon character at the end.

Boykin looks like a steal to me also

115. If I were to guess, Kendall Wright of Baylor (drafted in the 1st by the Titans) will be a bust. Played in the spread with a great QB against average competition.

116. AFC North loves them some ‘Bama players

Dre Kirkpatrick – Bengals
    Trent Richardson – Browns
    Courtney Upshaw – Ravens

Also interesting to see what Divisions in the NFL take what players from what Conference predominately

AFC North is arguably the most old school type Division with the most physical type play … so far, they’ve taken the most SEC guys

117. Six

April 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM

///////////////////////////////////////////

lol, nice one, stay tuned, the bucs faith in freeman is not that strong, beware of j70!

118. CanesCanesCanes – I definitely want to knock out going to Tahiti, Australia or New Zealand one day … I want to own a damn kangaroo and the women out there are unreal, esp. with that accent in Oz/New Zealand

But seriously, who the hell would want to go to a place where the water looks like this?

insanely clear, like looking through a glass of water

And where the weather is perfect, the sand is white and the women are tan

Nah, that’s not for me. I’m not tired at all of living in a majority of potpourri trashiness known as the state of Florida. Don’t get me wrong, there are spots in Florida that are nice, esp. around here like down at Siesta Key … but every single day, it gets slowly worse and we also have one of the most f*cked up states when it comes to what makes news

119. CK

April 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Orson Charles is a 4th round steal for the Bengals
    ////////////////////////////////////////////

Who did the dolphins pick at tight-end again, lol!

120. like bryce brown, reggie bush will began to witness up close what a real runningback looks like. If the only issue with miller is his shoulder and he gets that protected and upgrades his pass blocking, you can’t coach pure speed add that to the fact that he’s a real football player, had miller been out west in college he would’ve won the heisman. miller is going to ball and like highschool, college and now the pro’s, he’ll be a home run hitter, this dumb azz dolphins regime are doing their best impersonations of trying not to look foolish this year!

121. The new england patriots draft looks like doo-doo!

122. AJL to Prep….

ALSO from Twitter….

Lamar Thomas ‏ @TheLAMARkable36
    figures ! Kids learn a valuable lesson . Stay away from fast talkers !“@allCanesBlog: Who do you think ? cmon”

allCanesBlog.com ‏ @allCanesBlog
    I’m thinking Streeter should have held off on buying the 4-door Porsche…Yes..he really did. #SMH

123. I wonder if drew rosenhaus gave streeter, washington & forston his real phone number!

124. I support my canes and wish them the best. They are not perfect men or FB players but I love to watch them play and wish them success in their careers and life after football

bg — AJL will still stick with us, right?

126. bg1906
    April 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM

allCanesBlog.com ‏ @allCanesBlog
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oops!

Cane Fan KB says:

bg1906
    April 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM

allCanesBlog.com ‏ @allCanesBlog

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fucking Dumbass

I currently make more money than Streeter…..

Big Tom lost.

I like the BJ Cunningham pick tho’.

129. Talking about a humbling experience, here we are in the middle of the sixth round and Forston, Streetz and BWash are still undrafted. I’m sure they will be picked up by a team for training camp but MAAAANNNNNNN!

This does remind me of when Golden asserted some of our players think they are better than they actually are. Clearly, that view is shared by every NFL GM.

130. bwash to philly

Cane Fan KB says:

BWash (Eagles) and Streeter (Ravens) finally off the board, in the 6th round. Maybe Ray Lewis and Ed Reed can put some sense into Tommy.

April 28, 2012 at 9:05 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

JSQ I agree completely. No use crying over split milk. Why worry about others who have done wrong. Id rather learn from it and focus on myself and getting to where i got to go. Karma will get em or not, but i can only use my concerns and worries for myself, no time for them.

Six that movie sounds serious, defintely going to check that out next week. Again act of valor was unreal.

I stand by my original comments much to the dismay of everyone else and say LM6 shouldof stayed!!!

133. streeter to the ravens, lol. This is comical, he’s either going to crack mentally or become better than torrey smith, he won’t be babied like he was this year at UM. People need to know now, the main reason he didn’t play under shannon and the main reason alot of people kept saying aldarius was the better player had every thing to do with the mental side/toughness.

Coach mcdonald stayed reserved with streeter for most of the year, but one game he got on em but in a reserved way, shannon and crew only knew one way, the 80’s way where only the strong survive, everything else, good-bye! And if it’s true he already got a porsche, lol, it better be a gift from drew for signing wit hem and not something he street actually needs to pay for.

Hurriphin
    April 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

You guys still love Cal, even tho he shows his azz, right?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL this had my dyin.. Ive def embarrassed momma b4 but she still keeps tryin as well

Right now Ray Ray is looking like a genius. He can be a great redemption story instead of being another fool who threw away his football career.

Man, what were Streeter and Washington thinking. Damn, even though they were total knuckleheads I still can’t help feeling pity for them.

Six
    April 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I’m a Polynesian (Hawai’ian)/S.Korean mix

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Poly rap
    @1:10

137. CK

April 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

This is one of the craziest picks i’ve seen in the 1st round in a long time!

forston already looking for a loan!

138. heat lookn’ hot

139. forston was in the worst position to try and come out, although i understood why he did it, you basically don’t play a whole year of football, started showing signs of being dominant the year before, that’s why he’s in the position he’s in right now. Also, it was a strong possibilty he wouldn’t have been a starter this year coming in, so that was another factor in his decision!

140. For some reason, i don’t think it will be long before we see this man in the starting line-up, that’s all he’s ever done where ever he went at every level thus far:
    /////////////////////////////

141. When you see their comments on Twitter you easily realize that none of them care about WHERE they were drafted. Just that they were. They truly don’t understand ECONOMICS! Tommy, sorry bro but that 4 door Porsche is going to hurt your arse as a 6th round pick and you STILL have to MAKE the team at that! I hope the best for ALL of them but their decisions were HORRIBLE! Forston isn’t even drafted!

142. Bryce Brown drafted by Philly

143. You have got to be kidding me, somebody tell me i just didn’t see bryce brown got drafted, lol. That makes it even worst for forston. Gotta hand it to em if he got to the nfl after taking the routes he took!

144. streeter will be one of the only porsche owners that can’t afford to by gas, and you can’t use regular!

Bg agreed.

I cant believe bryce brown got drafted and to philly no less. I feel with his attitude he wont make the team anyways but did they not do there hw? I guess he got picked on potential but I DO NOT WANT THAT BUM IN MY CITY

Not gona sweat it tho i c him fading away like he did in college cause it aint gettin ne easier

146. Hate to say it BG, but some of these kids are outright idiots.

Live and learn. Maybe the remainder of the team actually understands what they just watched.

147. Go get that 6th Round money playas

bahahaha … ya, real great idea to leave early. It’d actually be better to stay and get injured in college b/c at least you’re still on a full ride scholly instead of trying to find a way to pay for the Porsche you just bought

F*cking idiot

Better be a 1980s Pontiac Fiero with the plastic body kit to make it look like a Porsche

Streeter and T.Benjamin are in the physically toughest division in football. Have fun with that

Proof positive that projections mean absolute sh*t when you’re talking about your own home team if you’re not objective

148. And then you’ve got a clown like DVD talking to people about not knocking these kids for coming out early.

YOU WERE FORTUNATE AL DAVIS WAS ALIVE, OTHERWISE YOU’D LIKELY BE UNDRAFTED.

Just perpetuating the mentality.

149. Wow Bryce Brown barely played CFB, great athlete though no doubt.

Rose may not ever be the same some of those injuries you just do not come back the same.

Fortson had a lot of talent he must have some bad medical reports.

Hester still would have been a factor he is uber talented also, if you do not kick to him well he is a factor because he is effecting the game.

side note for this to be a Canes fan site we have some of the most ill wishing and hatin people i ever have seen. Yeah the guys did not get picked where they wanted but I enjoyed watching them play and UM is not just some school it is a family and i support them as men in anything they choose to do even if I do not agree with hit.

150. Hassan.

Many of the people here I battled about some of the 08 kids as well as Randy himself. I said many times the attacks seem more personal than fair criticism. I think what you see is a fan base that is just tired of mediocre kids with big talent, big egos, minus the HUNGER, DESIRE, and WORK ETHIC to truly be GREAT! The things that made Miami MIAMI! So please forgive my brothers, they are just PISSED OFF!

You have to admit though, as Golden said, MANY of these kids think they are better than they are.

FORSTON no business coming out
    STREETER no business coming out
    WASHINGTON should’ve stayed and played his natural position 1 more year
    MILLER we all LOVE his speed and big play ability but hell in the NFL EVERYBODY is fast, he needed more SEASONING just like Golden said, Add to his Toolbox!
    VERNON actually had no business coming out either but he’s such a physical freak it worked out for him

151. AJL has been headed to prep for a while now.

Also heard briscoe headed there as well.

Names should start to creep out on the kids that won’t get in.

152. travis benjamin will do hus business in the nfl, had he gone to the patriots or denver, or even the giants, they went with rueben randle ase the next amani toomer type, if randle ends us even close to hakeem nicks, going to be hard defending that giants offense as well as with david wilson if he can be as good or better than bradshaw, the giants did a real good job in this draft for real as well as pittsburgh, from the looks of things, they’ll have a strong offensive line for years to come but i do think spence will end up being one of their best draft picks, especially since they play alot of zone on the back end!

153. So I wonder if Streeter is going to complain about Jacory not being there to throw him the ball now that he’s in the big leagues..

154. Chase Ford to Philly???

155. forston didn’t even get drafted, terrible move on his part, it was all a dream i use to read word up magazine, the draft is over a step closer back to the Bean. Hanging pictures on my wall, everyday saturday NO ATTACK, nevin can i borrow! never let the film rock til the tape popped, watching weed heads(trel, payne & cain) on the team never said stop. Way back, u were on your way to stacks, leaving early only proves no leadership to match. Now watch duke & crew bring us back to par, you never thought in 08 you’d only get this far. Now you in the lime-light cause yo pockets not tight, ask drew how u gone get paid, blowed yo head up like the world trade.

156. j70 not getting drafted only proves, even a vampire can be a scout!

157. Ojomo signs FA to Giants..

Regis FA to Falcons.

Forston FA to Patriots (LOLOL)

Horn FA to Falcons.

158. JoJo to NYG?? Good for him. Hard working kid.

159. Spence will be an ILB all the way. Look at the size of the Steelers ILBs over the years – Timmons is 6’1, 230sumthin, Larry Foote 6’/6’1 239, Farrior is 6’1, 233. They value speed over size in their scheme. Spence might start this year for them since they let Foote go and don’t have a top notch guy in the wings.

160. Canez, that is news regarding Briscoe. Not something I wanted to here given our depth.

Just saw on twitter that J12 might get a tryout with the Arizona Cardinals.

UMomentum says:

proCane Draft Round Up

Apr/28/12 05:45 PM
    Olivier Vernon (Junior) was the first proCane drafted in the 2012 NFL Draft going to the Miami Dolphins with the 9th pick of the 3rd Round 72nd pick overall.

Sean Spence (Senior) followed Olivier Vernon by getting picked with the 23rd pick of the 3rd Round and 86th pick overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Lamar Miller (Redshirt Sophomore) was then picked in the 4th Round by the Miami Dolphins with the 2nd pick in the 4th round, 97th pick overall.

Travis Benjamin (Senior) was selected by the Cleveland Browns three spots later with the 5 pick in the 4th round, 100 overall.

We then had to wait till the 6th round for Tommy Streeter (Junior) to be selected by the Baltimore Ravens with the 198th pick overall, 28th pick in the 6th Round.

Brandon Washington (Junior) followed Streeter by getting picked by the Philadelphia Eagles 2 picks later with the 30th pick in the 6th round, 200th pick overall.

Below are the free agent signing which will be constantly updated:

Chase Ford TE (Senior) – Undrafted Free Agent – Philadelphia Eagles
    Lee Chambers DB (Senior) – Undrafted Free Agent –
    Chris Ivory LS (Senior) – Undrafted Free Agent –
    Harland Gunn OL (Senior) – Undrafted Free Agent – Dallas Cowboys
    Mike Williams DB (Senior) – Undrafted Free Agent –
    Andrew Smith DE (Senior) – Undrafted Free Agent –
    Jordan Futch LB (Senior) – Undrafted Free Agent –

163. The NFL draft party has finally come to a close.

I hope you enjoy your leftovers Esteban! Thanks for coming!

Yay Streeter!!!!! So excited he is a Raven! My 2008 NSD fav!!!

164. Anyone else see this craziness on the NFL network about the top 100 players of 2012?!

TT#15 in the top 100?! What?!

Other than that, it’s pretty entertaining.

Willis just tried to say he is 29. No honey, I don’t think so! Lol if I have to claim 30 you do too!

Cane Fan KB says:

April 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FREAKIN GENIUS MY MAN!!!

SailorCane says:

UMiami Scholarship $$> 5,6 or 7th round draft $$

Would like to see the look on Streeter/Porsche Saleman face when they realized he was not going to be drafted in any of the top rounds!

Porsche dealership on the telephone with repo guys saying go get the damn car before he leaves the state!

These late round and undrafted free agents will still be taking the bus to work!

Or better yet driving Yugo’s

The reality of bad decisions over their piss poor careers has taken a huge bite out of their respective ar$se$

I just wonder how much $$ ole Drew the snake oil salesman fronted on their behalf and NOW they are on the hook to repay his company with these FA contracts that most liekly do not include a significant signing bonus!

There is gonna be a rush on single wides in the respective cities to house some of these players!

#FAIL

Time to wipe and flush!

Sailor spot on man

168. Yeah right, won’t be lone before those 3 are competing o be miller’s back-up. To much big play ability and explosion than any of those guys. Better vision and with better blocking than he got at UM, he’ll make a whole lot more explosive plays.
    //////////////////////////////////////////////

According to the Sentinel!
    Miller will compete with Daniel Thomas and Steve Slaton for the role as Reggie Bush’s backup.

169. Sailor knows…

Our boy Olsen won mvp at elite 11.

Good stuff young man. Keep grinding and hit the ground running when u get here.

170. Cal doing Biggie! GENIUS! LOL

171. Sailor.

If I remember correctly, Sam Shields signing bonus was 5k. That isn’t any money! They are ALL in for rude awakenings! They continue to spout be positive on Twitter and such and just seem happy to be getting a chance, but maybe they don’t understand, they play for Miami! If you had HANDLED your biz, you wouldn’t have to be begging for a CHANCE, you be EXPECTED to get one!

172. Jacory is getting a mini camp tryout with the Cards.

173. 5k, meaning around 2.5k after taxes. Enough to put a down payment on a Yugo.

174. 2.5 would also pay for gas on a Yukon XL…

… For 6 months.

I feel so bad for these boys but they made their beds.

175. bg1906

April 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Sailor.

//////////////////////////////////////

lol, skip U-tough get 5K!

176. Rookie Mininum – $375k
    After-tax Income ~ $240k

Porsche Panamera Sedan MSRP (stock) – $75k

Conclusion: Streetz spent approximately 31% of his year 1 NFL income on a luxury station wagon…

UMomentum says:

I watched all of the Canes last year multiple times. I said a long time ago, I wouldn’t draft any of these guys in any round except Sean Spence. I just watched that UM vs KSU game last night and let me say this, anyone who would even consider signing Marcus Forston is wasting time & money.

It’s not just about the lack of physical, but the mental ineptitude as well with this group. Buying a car before you even have a job, going pro before you’re even a good amateur; claiming championships/greatness/swagger before you even win a division/display good fundamentals/show up. This is the epitome of the ‘me-first’, ‘cart before the horse’ paradigm and here are the results. Instead of being a high draft, NFL ready prospect — you are a late draft/free agent, 3-4 year project a best.

These type of people never figure out that you can’t turn lead into gold by taking shortcuts. The stone of the alchemist is CHARACTER, something these types don’t have an abundance of; It’s just not meant for these types to have the ring.

“Time waits for no man.
    All we have to decide
    is what to do
    with the time
    that is given to us.”
    Gandalf – Lord of the RINGS

I sincerely hope these guys get it and prove people like me wrong. There’s a lot of ‘potential’ from the guys who did get drafted. Other than that, thank God for that UM degree. Still rooting for them, just being realistic, guys just aren’t that (NFL type talent) good.

NEXT!

178. Umo good post. I totally agree.

Sailor I’m thinking about heading out to the KSU game, just for the fuk of it, depending on flights.

Let me know if u r thinking about it and ill shoot u a text.

We might be the only soldiers out there lol.

I am jonesin for my Canes…bad.

179. [spits out coffee laughing at the image of Canez1 in Kansas]

180. I hee haw…

Don’t hate.

I have two stepped at billy bobs, in Dallas.

I adapt

181. Yeah, we’ve all seen how well you “adapt.”

Good thing Sailor will be with you to provide gatorade.

The fly-over states are still pretty hot and humid around that time of the year.

But the type of hot and humid where you are 1,500 miles away from an ocean.

Take pictures! hahahahahahahahaha

182. I especially want ones of you sitting in the airport on your 3rd layover. :-D

Cal killed it with the Juicy joint….

Whoever gave the shout-out to JoJo gets a ditto from me. Kid appeared to be a worker, who gave a good damn about winning. He just wasn’t all that good. Hope he combines whatever money he gets with that good college education, and makes it happen.

KSU happens to be the only game we did ‘t get ticktes for because nobody wanted to go with him. I’m sure he’ll be happy to meet you out there but I’m with JSQ you guys need to take lots of pictures. Weeeeeeee!!

185. LMAO, KL! YEEEE HAAAAAWWWWWW! New blog up!!!